Agree?
  Yes,nice job
  No,your crazy!
View Results

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Jesus had brothers and sisters.
And I have found proof in mathew.
also to add on to the topic mary didnt stay a virgin her hole life as some say!
Here we go.

St.Mathew 13.

And he started towards his disiples and said behold my mother and brothern!

50 For whosever shall do the will of my father in heaven,same as my brother,sisters,and mother.

St.Mathew 14.

Is not the carpeteners son? Is not his mother called mary?
and his brethen,James,Jo-Ses,Simon,and Judas?

And his sisters..Arent they with us?

Well...
It names his brothers..
and I have done some research showing that a women could not stay clean after 3 months of marriage..
So my theroy is that Jesus was born,and he already had siblings from one of Joesephs past marriage,and after christ was born Mary had another kid...

And thats what I found doing some research in the bible...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Yep, Jesus had siblings. But I'm sure all of them were full-blood (that being relative, of course....as He is the Son of God...). I doubt Joseph was married more than once; it just isn't customary to those times.  

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:02 pm
Well, technically, they were they only half-siblings, but yeah, Jesus had siblings.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:16 pm
I believe that the Bible clearly states that that Mary and Joseph had other children.
and didn't know her sexually until she had brought forth her firstborn son. He named him Y'shua. Matthew 1:25

The Only Sinless Person was Y'shua(Jesus). Mary was merely a vessel G-d chose to bring forth Y'shua. The Bible says that she remained a virgin until after she gave birth to Y'shua, then she had other children by Joseph:

Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother called Miryam (Mary), and his brothers, Ya`akov, Yosi, Shim`on, and Yehudah(James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas)? Aren't all of his sisters with us? Where then did this Man get all of these things?" Matthew 13:55-56

In Matthew 12:46-50 the Bible tells us that Y'shua's brothers and His mother desired to speak with Him. Many so called rolleyes 'scholars' rolleyes contend that Mary is a perpetual virgin and that the brothers and sisters of Y'shua were Joseph's by another wife. BUT that is totally contrary to the Word of G-d.  

famusamu

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:42 pm
x_Hikari_x
Yep, Jesus had siblings. But I'm sure all of them were full-blood (that being relative, of course....as He is the Son of God...). I doubt Joseph was married more than once; it just isn't customary to those times.
*Taps his foot*
I read it some where in the bible..  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:37 pm
That Joseph was married? What was the verse?  

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:58 am
I cant find it in the book...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 am
Joseph was married before Mary??? what is your source for that???  

my angels goddess

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:19 am
there is no sourse that agrees with the infallible word of God.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:27 am
If you do find it, let me know. In all my life I've never come across anything that said that, nor have I heard about it. Perhaps it was just a misinterpretation of things, which can be cleared up quite easily ^^  

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

dragonlove_48

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:39 pm
the NT book James... it is said that it was written by one of Jesus' half-brothers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:32 pm
So I asked my Dad about it (he's a walking concordence/Bible/dictonary/Pastor) And he told me that the assumtion here is that the 'half' part of the relationship refers to the fact that they could not have been full-blooded siblings because of the fact that Jesus was the Son of God (and still is, of course). Joseph could have been James' father, but because he was not Jesus' father (he just raised Him) that would make them half brothers.

I say 'assumtion' because we don't really know. Joseph isn't referred to after Luke 2, and it is assumed that he died. There is no mention of Mary getting married again, but you never know.

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

Arphaxad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:39 am
Well, aside from just parroting everyone else's posts, I'll just toss out my two cents...

Yeah, suffice it to say, Jesus had an earthly family. It was part of his human experience.
One point that really irks me is the whole "half-"sibling terminology.
Yeah, Mary's conception was Immaculate, God-Induced. But it seems derogatory to always refer to his siblings as anything less than just "brothers and sisters."

Jesus never said: "Behold, My Half-Brothers and Half-Sisters!"

*rolls eyes* rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:12 am
Yes, and he had a cousin too!!!  

zoukai957

beadyone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:20 pm
x_Hikari_x
So I asked my Dad about it (he's a walking concordence/Bible/dictonary/Pastor) And he told me that the assumtion here is that the 'half' part of the relationship refers to the fact that they could not have been full-blooded siblings because of the fact that Jesus was the Son of God (and still is, of course). Joseph could have been James' father, but because he was not Jesus' father (he just raised Him) that would make them half brothers.

I say 'assumtion' because we don't really know. Joseph isn't referred to after Luke 2, and it is assumed that he died. There is no mention of Mary getting married again, but you never know.
I like the use of the word "assumption", I was taught in school that to assume, you make an a-- out of u and me. I try very hard not to assume things if is not written in the Word, then who are we to "assume" something. Just as with Adam suppossedly having a first wife(can't find it in the OT anywhere) named Lilith, someone has made the assumtion that Joseph also had a first wife.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff