Submit

Rogue Angel Kiara

Devoted Darling

21,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:22 am
Welcome to the Lifestyles section's Advice thread. As with any other thread in this section, please follow the rules for this forum. Also, this thread is for seriously asked advice questions. Let's leave the jokes for the other forums.
Lastly, if you feel that your advice is of a nature that would be better handled by a professional, you're probably right. We are not doctors. Just fellow guild members willing to listen and lend a hand. For really serious problems, please seek the aid of professionals.

Now, without further adieu, let's get to the advice. Post your questions here.

Kiara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:38 am
Ok the Frenchy jester disappears for the moment ... how do you get over a really difficult love deception ? You know the one that stops you from forgetting ... from beeing abble to feel love again for an other girl ... the thing that stopped you in the midst of creating a true life, like children, house, job and the lots ? How do you make it so small that you just nearly laugh at that past time ... ? I'm not talking about self esteem or knowing who you are and your worth ... sorry if it's realy cryptic but it is hard to express oneself in an other's language ...  

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:30 pm
Infernus Angelus
Ok the Frenchy jester disappears for the moment ... You know the one that stops you from forgetting ... from beeing abble to feel love again for an other girl ... the thing that stopped you in the midst of creating a true life, like children, house, job and the lots ? How do you make it so small that you just nearly laugh at that past time ... ? I'm not talking about self esteem or knowing who you are and your worth ... sorry if it's realy cryptic but it is hard to express oneself in an other's language ...

I will try my best to help you out here.

how do you get over a really difficult love deception ?

That is a hard one. I know I spent the last 5 years breaking the deception someone placed on my heart. I still pick up the phone when I know I shouldn't. I make fun of myself at times but the last year I been pushing away and looking at things more clearly. Frist I would clean out your closet and remove everything they gave or left behind. Those things are items to keep a hold of you. When I did it I found 36 items in my house that were his. I only know of 7.
Finding someone else yes I know it is the hardest part you have to remember the mistake you made with the other person. A person who is dieing to be with someone is a easy prey for someone. I hate men like that and men lead around with a body part are easy prey. They are easy to lead and take what you want. Note you will not find the right person until you love yourself and comfortable with who you are. Note a pretty package maybe pretty on the outside but inside maybe not worth opening. Avoid women or men with a hate on for the world around them.
You must discover what you want in life and were you want to go and the type of person you want in the life. The details can be do you want spirtual type person, or working women, or stay at home person. What type of personialty you want in her. Yes I know it is alot of thinking through this type of thinking you discover who you are. Throught this type of thinking the pian gets smaller and baggage gets easier to carry and you may realize the one who hurt really wasn;t the type of women you wouldn't and you will find out it hurts alot less. I don't know if caring for the person ever goes away that I can't tell you.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:06 pm
Zercia
Infernus Angelus
Ok the Frenchy jester disappears for the moment ... You know the one that stops you from forgetting ... from beeing abble to feel love again for an other girl ... the thing that stopped you in the midst of creating a true life, like children, house, job and the lots ? How do you make it so small that you just nearly laugh at that past time ... ? I'm not talking about self esteem or knowing who you are and your worth ... sorry if it's realy cryptic but it is hard to express oneself in an other's language ...

I will try my best to help you out here.

how do you get over a really difficult love deception ?

That is a hard one. I know I spent the last 5 years breaking the deception someone placed on my heart. I still pick up the phone when I know I shouldn't. I make fun of myself at times but the last year I been pushing away and looking at things more clearly. Frist I would clean out your closet and remove everything they gave or left behind. Those things are items to keep a hold of you. When I did it I found 36 items in my house that were his. I only know of 7.
Finding someone else yes I know it is the hardest part you have to remember the mistake you made with the other person. A person who is dieing to be with someone is a easy prey for someone. I hate men like that and men lead around with a body part are easy prey. They are easy to lead and take what you want. Note you will not find the right person until you love yourself and comfortable with who you are. Note a pretty package maybe pretty on the outside but inside maybe not worth opening. Avoid women or men with a hate on for the world around them.
You must discover what you want in life and were you want to go and the type of person you want in the life. The details can be do you want spirtual type person, or working women, or stay at home person. What type of personialty you want in her. Yes I know it is alot of thinking through this type of thinking you discover who you are. Throught this type of thinking the pian gets smaller and baggage gets easier to carry and you may realize the one who hurt really wasn;t the type of women you wouldn't and you will find out it hurts alot less. I don't know if caring for the person ever goes away that I can't tell you.

Thank you Zercia for this very honestly given hint to how women work ... My problem is that I want a woman who is capable of beeing all these and none at the same time ...

What you wrote really helped ... Men are feeble, weack and hypocryts ... but we have in our hands the gem of the universe ... we are not perfect ... not as perfect as women thought we were ... some of us are worth it ... but have you ever realised that we, the powerful, artskilled and sensitive people tend to meet vampires of life substance. We were built as such as we can endure these feeble people ... we are the real givers of life, we are the ones connected to real emotions, we are the givers of lessons and teachers of these destroyers ... to our contact they better themselves, they use us because we let them do it ... we know what love mean ... and we are equiped to live it ... they are not ... I just hate these men that play and destroy fabulous women ... but I hate women who manipulate and use the force of nature to torture romantic men because they cannot erotise them .... too gentel, too selfconscious, too aware of women condition ... sorry got carried away ....

A soul-calming song ... some of us men try to compose with a dilemma ... not that far fetched, this song, actually ...
How to be powerful but sensitive ...
Notre Dame de PAris - Victor HUGO  

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ErinsChaos

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:05 pm
I can't believe this thread hasn't seen more activity.. especially with as many questions as I've seen posted around the guild.. *sigh* Well I've got a question now...

Anyone have any ideas on how I can train myself not to be such a sound sleeper? My oldest daughter will be starting school in the fall.. Kindergarten.. *sigh* that will have a whole other set of questions I'm sure lol.. but I'm trying to get us all on a better sleep routine. I've always been a night owl but in the past two months I've been managing to be in bed by around 11pm every night.. I'm still not waking up very early though.. The earliest is around 9.. I have unintentionally trained myself to sleep through my husbands alarm so that I don't wake up at 6am when he gets up to go to work.. but now I can't use the alarm to wake myself up. My phone alarm works.. but I fear that I will slowly adjust to it as well and begin sleeping through it. Any ideas??  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:19 pm
ErinsChaos
I can't believe this thread hasn't seen more activity.. especially with as many questions as I've seen posted around the guild.. *sigh* Well I've got a question now...

Anyone have any ideas on how I can train myself not to be such a sound sleeper? My oldest daughter will be starting school in the fall.. Kindergarten.. *sigh* that will have a whole other set of questions I'm sure lol.. but I'm trying to get us all on a better sleep routine. I've always been a night owl but in the past two months I've been managing to be in bed by around 11pm every night.. I'm still not waking up very early though.. The earliest is around 9.. I have unintentionally trained myself to sleep through my husbands alarm so that I don't wake up at 6am when he gets up to go to work.. but now I can't use the alarm to wake myself up. My phone alarm works.. but I fear that I will slowly adjust to it as well and begin sleeping through it. Any ideas??

I am a night Owl and usally sleep until 10:00. Since I moved here I find myself getting up at 8:00 it is the morning sun waking me up. Maybe that could awake you.  

Zercia

Zercia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:27 pm
I not sure if I want advise or just to talk about it. Here I go everybody knows I moved into the country there where a few reasons. One was for a queiter life style which I will say it is queit around here. Very queit. So queit I find it hard to sleep but I know how to fix that. The second was to get away from people in my life who are not good. One set of people where not hard but I am still friends. I just not easy access to them. The other one I still friends with because I promised I would never kick him out of my life. I am getting job calls on my cell phone for him. Grrr I havn't gotten job calls on my phone for years for him. In the last two weeks I have. That means I would call him and tell him. Grrr What should I do? I want to keep my promise but I don't want to be easy access for him. I told him I live too far away to get the information to him quickly. Grrr. I feel like he is doing this to keep me close and a connection. Grrrr.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:01 pm
I don't know the full story so my advice is very likely flawed.

Having said that, if this person only brings negative things to your life - frustration, guilt, etc. then it's probably time to break your promise. I don't make promises lightly either myself but the bottom line is you are not responsible for the other person's life - he is. Life is too short for you to lesson your own life for his sake. And you probably aren't doing him any favors by letting him cling to you if you don't want him to.  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

kool ken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 am
Camwen
I don't know the full story so my advice is very likely flawed.
Having said that, if this person only brings negative things to your life - frustration, guilt, etc. then it's probably time to break your promise. I don't make promises lightly either myself but the bottom line is you are not responsible for the other person's life - he is. Life is too short for you to lesson your own life for his sake. And you probably aren't doing him any favors by letting him cling to you if you don't want him to.

I agree.

Assuming I understand the situation, I feel that you should not be his answering service. Maybe you can have the callers call him directly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:34 pm
Thanks everybody I yelled at him today saying I can't keep doing this I live to far and the charges are more then I want to pay on my cell. Give them your number not mine. He agreed.

Camwen your right I am not doing him any good letting him run to me all the time. At least now I am too far for him to get to me. I just wish I didn't care but I do.  

Zercia

ErinsChaos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:07 am
It's a bit late to add my two cents but I basically agree with the advice you were given and the path you've already taken... I'm just confused as to why he even has them calling your number in the first place when he has a phone of his own? oi.. Men/Guys/Boys hurt my head sometimes. At any rate I hope the country lifestyle is treating you well.. Even if the sun is waking you at the crack of dawn (time to invest in some good heavy curtains lol)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:51 am
Apart thinks he is doing it to keep ahold of me in some way. Since I am not going to be easy to access.

I don't mind the sun waking up it seems nice.  

Zercia

ErinsChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:27 am
Allright.. Here is a tough one guys... Everyone got their thinking caps on? Cause I can't wait to see how you guys would be handling this.. My life has gone from typically stressful to over the breaking point in the past month or so... Most of you don't know but another a.g.a. member and I are .... "married" Adam Mongoose is my husband and the father of my two beautiful lil girls.. Well back in Jan. I asked him for a divorce. And though he seemed very unhappy about it at the time he eventually began to see that maybe there was more to life than what we were giving eachother..

Now in Virginia the divorce laws are cooky and we have to be seperated for a year before we can get a divorce because we have kids together.... So... 8 months after asking for a divorce, After getting evicted from our apt, my van blowing up, my ex-step-mother dying, another a.g.a. member moving in with us and my brother dying... We are still living together... Stressful? Yeah.. Just a bit... But hold your butts everyone cause it's gonna get better...

My husband is going to be bring his new g/f home with him this weekend... She's going to be living with us....
She's 17 (turns 18 in a few days) and he also met her here on gaia...
And if that didn't hit me hard enough....
Our other roomate.. the other a.g.a. member I was referring to earlier...
Well he decided to inform me yesterday that he's in love with me....

Ya know.. it really is a good thing I can't own a gun... cause I'm like inches from going postal...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:08 am
ErinsChaos
Allright.. Here is a tough one guys... Everyone got their thinking caps on? Cause I can't wait to see how you guys would be handling this.. My life has gone from typically stressful to over the breaking point in the past month or so... Most of you don't know but another a.g.a. member and I are .... "married" Adam Mongoose is my husband and the father of my two beautiful lil girls.. Well back in Jan. I asked him for a divorce. And though he seemed very unhappy about it at the time he eventually began to see that maybe there was more to life than what we were giving eachother..

Now in Virginia the divorce laws are cooky and we have to be seperated for a year before we can get a divorce because we have kids together.... So... 8 months after asking for a divorce, After getting evicted from our apt, my van blowing up, my ex-step-mother dying, another a.g.a. member moving in with us and my brother dying... We are still living together... Stressful? Yeah.. Just a bit... But hold your butts everyone cause it's gonna get better...

My husband is going to be bring his new g/f home with him this weekend... She's going to be living with us....
She's 17 (turns 18 in a few days) and he also met her here on gaia...
And if that didn't hit me hard enough....
Our other roomate.. the other a.g.a. member I was referring to earlier...
Well he decided to inform me yesterday that he's in love with me....

Ya know.. it really is a good thing I can't own a gun... cause I'm like inches from going postal...

Erin ... what do you want? Ok lets start with the divorce...it was your idea to begin so I know that you will be going through with it. Now Your husband and his girlfriend....thats a mistake on his part...he'll recognize it soon enough. Here is a real good question....who are the girls going to be staying with? About the other AGA'er ( I think I know who you are referring to) do you love him back? Be very careful to think about that question. I can't say for sure because I'm not him but me being me, seeing you hurt so much lately and wanting to make that pain go away combined with a close history with you I can see why he says what he says. In this situation just be honest...either you feel the same way or you don't. Honestly I think the best thing would be to take the girls, leave the apartment and move out on your own for a bit. Take this time to heal on your own and really think about things and decide where you see your life going.

....you know Erin....earlier this year my wife and I where at a real bad point in our marriage. I felt that she did not love me anymore and worse..began to think that she was cheating on me. If it had not been for my two children whom I love more than life itself I would have left her...or let her leave me more than likely. But because I am sooo afraid of losing them I stayed. I don't know if this was the right thing to do or not but I did. Things got better and sometimes they revert back but over all I look back now and I like to think that I did the right thing...but thats my situation...not yours. There was someone else whom I was very close with and I think that if she told me that she loved me at the time this was going on maybe I might have asked for a divorce or worse...done something I would regret later on...I dunno Erin...

Look I honestly feel that Leaving is the best decision right now...I am not saying to run away from your problems...I'm just saying you need to get away to get a clearer perspective of things. Erin we love you soo much your not alone ever. I know that we aren't there with you but you are always in our minds and hearts and prayers. Always! *hug*  

JoeEuphonium

ErinsChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:31 am
Joe... Leaving is the plan.. It was the plan 8 months ago and I immediately started saving up to do so. But as always life has gotten in the way of my plans and all the money I have attempted to save up has gone to another apartment for all of us, a new van for me after my last one blew up and two trips back to WI to say goodbye to family members... Right now I simply can't afford to move out on my own as I only work part-time so that I can take care of my kids because I can't afford to put them both in daycare. Between a rock and a hard place. I was fortunate that Adam didn't just tell me to get out when I told him I wanted a divorce... He has allowed me to stay and try to save up the money to get on my feet. We are going to try to and have Joint custody as much as possible... Not sure which one of us will have the actual "physical custody" though at the moment that might be him so that Abi (my oldest) won't have to switch schools in the middle of her first year of school... We are trying very hard to keep things as easy on the girls as we can.. I just don't know how I'm going to handle life in this house once the g/f arrives. I am retardedly happy for him.. Hurt most definately.. but in the long run happy.. All I have ever wanted for him was to be happy... It hurts that after almost 7 years I couldn't make him happy... but that's why I asked for the divorce in the first place. I finally realized I was never going to make him happy. And at least he's found someone who does make him happy ... even if it is just a re-bound relationship... He's found someone to help him through this.. and I really am happy for him... But come on?!?! I now have to live with my husband, his g/f and my best-guy-friend who is supposedly in love w/me???? *goes back to pulling out her hair* stressed rofl rofl stressed

"I'm ready for my rubber room Mr. DeVille"  
Real Life: Well Being & Getting to Know Your Fellow Guildies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces