[PRP] On wings of confusion (Safi and Artemis Entreri) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:10 pm
Sigh. This was just not shaping up to be his day, or his week, or his...well, any particular unit of time. He seemed to be having bad luck up the wazoo once again, and if that wasn't enough to discourage a stallion, then he didn't know what would.

The blue and white stallion was flopped on the side of the river, wings folded back out of the way and a morose expression on his face. If he didn't know better, he'd think that he was regressing to his 'depressed' period...

But no. This was confusion, not depression.

A few days had passed since he'd left Selene's teepee, but the nagging sense of worry and confusion he'd acquired then hadn't left him. For that reason, he hadn't returned to his own teepee or any of his usual visitation haunts; instead he'd retired to the river, and theoretically some peace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:17 pm
Artemis Entreri was covered in sweat from his usual routine of training. He was of wrier built and as he walked towards the river to get a drink, the cape that draped across his back rushed behind him. Of course because he always was doing some form of training, he was making his footsteps light and only those who paid close attention would hear his foot steps but he wasn't worried about being quiet so he let out a snort that was louder than intended as he came through the trees and to get to the river that was coming into his view.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:25 pm
Since Safi had been mulling over his own thoughts, even if Entreri HADN'T been trying to be silent it's doubtful Safi would have noticed. However, even with his lack of attention he couldn't help but notice the snort. Blinking a bit, he looked up to see the other stallion coming through the trees. In spite of himself, he sighed yet again; so much for peace and quiet.

Still, it wasn't the other stallion's fault he'd intruded, and besides that he might be leaving soon anyway. So Safi could be pleasant. It was what he was known for, after all.

That in mind, he managed at least a semblence of a smile. "Good afternoon, friend."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:45 pm
He stopped right in his tracks when the stallion greeted him and of all words to have used in a greeting to him ‘friend’ was never one to use when it comes to Entreri. Never having trusted anyone, he never ever called anyone 'friend’. Of course he was careful with how he responded, since he always was calculating what to do. “Good afternoon to you." He relied coolly, as he showed no hint of any real emotion. It may have seemed a bit rude, but he was always some how that way. Staying where he was, he eyed the stallion to size him up like he did everyone.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:57 pm
Ok, now he was being stared at. Well, why not, given the fact that his prescence might have been just as much a surprise to the other stallion as the other stallion's was to him. Consquently, he didn't react with as much unease as he might have otherwise.

But since the other stallion was eyeing him, he took the opportunity to see who it was that was staring at HIM.

A stranger, for one thing. Safi couldn't recall ever having seen this particular stallion around before, and he didn't seem the type to be forgotten. A mane and tail black as midnight, darkly feathered wings tipped in red, cool and appraising eyes...solid muscles, a decently proportioned body...

Ok, now he was just acting erratic. Damn it, he must still be unsettled from the other day, if he was thinking such things. Man!

At least he'd realized what was going on early enough to give himself a good mental browbeating. And having done that, he was normal again. "I'm sorry if this is a rude question, but are you here for a drink?" Hopefully yes, and then he'd be moving on...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:18 pm
Now it was him being stared at and from the looks of it or so he was feeling, that it seemed he was looking him up and not sizing him up which to Artemis was fairly odd since to him he was sizing the other up. It would have most likely unnerved any stallion to be looked up by another stallion or so he thought but he just ignored it for now. “Not at all and yes I’ am here for a drink since I was near by and needed one." he kept his tone the same and walked over to the edge of the water. “and if you don't mind 'm going to get my drink now but continue talking if you so please." Attention still on the stallion, he lowered his head and touched the water with his muzzle before starting to drink.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:41 pm
So, keep talking and I'll just nod my head? Somehow, Safi wasn't quite sure that was what the other stallion had meant, but that was definitely an odd comment. Not that he expected anything BUT oddness these days; yet another thing to chalk up with the sureality of his life.

But it was probably better for him to keep talking. Though he had looked away after his realization, Safi couldn't help but notice how finely the other stallin's muscles operated as the tan Soq walked past him to the river. If he wasn't a fighter, then the other stallion was either genetically blessed or an athlete...though which, he couldn't tell.

He was embarrassing himself, though, so talking seemed more appealing by the second. "Well, the river is available to all, I suppose; I was merely curious since I haven't seen anyone else around here in all the time I've been here." Which was hours, actually, but who was counting? "And my apologies if my question was at all bothersome."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:57 pm
Entreri listened to the stallion as he spoke and only come to find that it was nonsense to him. After drinking his fill, he lifted his head and turned to eye Safi again. " I suppose you would be correct in saying that since even on my way here I saw no one and have only come across you." he then brushed right past him so that he could get some room to stretch his wings that itched to be used since as of late he had been only flying when searching an area. “if your question had been bothersome I would have bluntly told you so." after getting far enough from him, as he stretched his wings and returned them to his side and again eyed the stallion carefully as he tryed figuring out this stallion before hm.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:07 pm
As the other stallion brushed past him, much closer this time than he had been before, Safi was aware of the mingled scents of sweat, musk, and...well, masculinity was the only word that came to mind. Not unpleasant, not by any means...damnit! Focus, you bloody moron, or you're going to give yourself ideas, nevermind anyone else!

Narrowing his eyes briefly in anniyance at himself, Safi shook off the thoughts, hard at is was when the other stallion seemed to be deliberately taunting him, stretching out so that Safi could admire every muscle on his body. Damn it, wasn't the other stallion leaving???

Still, he managed to keep his voice and tone casual. "Obviously this isn't a well-populated area. And as far as the bothersom questions go, I'm aware that there are some Soquilis who are too polite to mention when something is bothersome, particularly when they're talking to someone they don't really know." Like a total stranger who they'd encountered while out walking, for example. "But I appreciate your frankness."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Entreri could tell by the stallion’s body language and the slight catch of brief narrowing of eyes that there was something up with him. He hadn't on purpose brushed pasted or even purposely stretched his wings. And taunting was left for when he was fighting when he wanted the other to fight better. “Again you are correct saying those statements." it seemed that nether had giving there names yet, which Entreri never really cared to give or ask names right off the bat. " I find being blunt is better than sugar coating anything or even not saying something you know, you want to say." he state this as a matter of fact which in case he felt it was just a mere fact.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:33 pm
"True enough." Obviously the strange stallion was a pragmatist; whether or not that was a good thing or not was still up in the air, since it was much easier to put the blame on the other stallion if he was being deliberately provoking...

Though honestly, Safi had no idea why a total stranger would try and be provoking, but nothing had made sense ever since the day he'd had his encounter with Duo. And why was he still thinking about that???

Shaking his head, Safi passed a wing over his face. Nonchalance was not his forte today, obviously. "And my apologies for my behavior; I'm feeling a bit off-kilter these days."

Since the other stallion had never met him before, it was doubtful that he would have realized Safi was acting oddly, but it was better to be safe than sorry; and he was reacting to unseen bits of nonsense to boot! Oy. Well, maybe his admission would cause the other stallion to leave...no one must want to be around someone who was unwell!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:53 pm
Entreri raised a brow at the stallion. indeed he was acting rather strange, compaired to those he had met before. and to Entreri the stallion at points was talking of nonsense and even appologising for things that need not to be. " by your actions i already asumed you where acting strange." stil his tone was as if it wasn't a bother and his body language let on nothing. " and it seem syou keep apologiesing too much." takign a step forward towards Safi, he didn't take his eyes off him. " you need not to apologie for anything since clearly you have done nothing except never give your name."  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:59 pm
He was getting closer, why was he getting closer??? And why was he staring at him? Good grief, was THIS stallion onto him too? Was he cursed to be found out at every corner, never given a moment's peace of body OR mind? Good lord, if he were prone to panic attacks, he'd be in the middle of one right now.

Outwardly, he managed to keep himself composed, save for the flash of panic that crossed his eyes at the other stallion's action. "True enough yet again, but then, neither did you, did you? And for all I know you're the type who likes to keep this sort of chat anonymous." Brilliant, Safi, just brilliant. Like keeping lit fireworks in your pocket brillian!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:10 pm
Of course perceptive Entreri saw the flash of panic that came to the stallion's eyes as he stopped but was still close. “Now what would make you say such a thing? If you truly want to know my name all it takes is asking though most i encounter give there name and ask mine right of the bat. and if I didn't know any better, you don't seem to be liking me coming close..." he let himself trail off and took one step closer again but this time on purpose to gage the others reaction. " so if this is bothering you, do something about it or are you just one to be pushed around?" there was some level of amusement but also he wanted to see just how far he could push this stallion now that he caught on to a weakness which was something he was exploiting now.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 pm
Safi wasn't sure whether to laugh, panic, or simply stare in confusion. Mares he understood; mares he dealt with on a regular basis. But stallions didn't behave at ALL like mares, and now...

Well, for one thing, the other stallion was MUCH too close. Very deliberately too, if he knew anything about voices. Up until now, the other stallion had been very stoic, but now there was a distinct twinge of amusement in his being. So this was funny, eh?

Consequently, Safi held his ground and met the other's gaze, holding his eyes and not giving into the temptation to give him another once-over. Unfortunately, he could still smell him...but that could be resisted. Golden eyes held the darker ones with calm, calm that Safi didn't feel but could apparently fake. "I say such things because they're the truth. Maybe I didn't ask your name, but nor did you ask mine and for that reason I'd say both of us are to blame. That aside, I don't give my name to every Soquili I encounter, not when they're only passing by; had I known you were staying to chat, I would have introduced myself sooner, but there you go. And as to liking your closeness-"

He paused for a moment, unsure how to answer that question politely. He had a hunch the other stallion knew what was going on, was deliberately tormenting him but HE wasn't going to play along. "Liking or disliking has nothing to do with anything. I simply have a wide area of personal space, and you are intruding on it." With that, Safi took a step backwards towards the river, away from the other stallion; hopefully he'd made his point with that.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff