Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:06 pm
User Image

It was a beautiful day in the Pridelands, the sun was high and the sky was clear. Mtima'safi had decided it was a good time to go for a midday walk and relax a little. It was getting harder for the goddess to keep her secret, not only because she didn't like the idea of lying to her family but because it was physically difficult for the goddess to use a power that was so far off her domain. A couple hours might not make her feel one hundred percent better, but she knew it would be a big help! The tiresome illusion was not all that the goddess wanted a break from. Kilango was also troubling her mind, but she tried not to worry about it. The runaway youth would be capable of taking care of herself.

Mtima soon found herself by a small watering hole, and made herself more comfortable. The illusion over her wings shimmered away and she stretched out her legs and wings, almost wading into the shallow water without realizing it. She stopped to admire her reflection, noting that despite it all she looked as magnificent as ever- in her opinion, at least.

"Why do I even bother?" she wondered aloud, shaking her wings out before folding them neatly on her back. She never did get a definite answer on the Pride's beliefs, but it might seem odd for a goddess to be a part of the Pride openly. Mtima wrinkled her nose at her own reflection, laughing inwardly at her own thinking, and then leaned down to take a drink.

(( XD Whoops! Not in a subforum! Haha, ah well- it doesn't matter. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 pm
The blindingly white adolescent lion lounged lazily in a tree, he was unaware when he had slipped from his happy youth into a brooding young man, but he was quite sure it had something to do with the fact he had little to no friends. His gaze was unfocused and lazy sweeping across the grasses below him. Kubwa was the youngest of two boys, Kipanya was his brother and he had seen little of the darker lion since their birth.

"Lazy days.." his gruff voice whispered and he allowed his vision to unfocus completely sending streaks and blurring his vision. As something large and yellow crept into his view he was sure that it was his good friend Wahabu, he had only met him once but Waha held a high place in Kubwa's heart.

"Wah-" he started to shout his friend's name when he realized the form was much to large to be his childhood pal...that and the feathers.."Are those wings?" His brown eyes widdened and snapped into focus

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Mtima had no noticed the white creature perched in the nearby tree, and it was lucky that the beginning of Wahabu's name sounded like several other words. There was no way for the goddess to know that the other thought of her son when he first saw her. She looked up from taking a drink when she heard a voice call out to her, and was greeted by the unusual image of the young lion in the tree.

She beamed at him when she saw who is was and caught a glimpse of the goodness within him, nodding, "Why yes, they are."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:02 pm
"You'r-you're a goddess aren't you?!" He practically shouted as she smiled up at him his eyes glittered with excitement and pleasure he had never spoken to a goddess. Hell, who was he kidding he had never SEEN a goddess! His awkwardly lanky white form seemed to shiver as the realization dawned on him, he was in the presence of someone who had magic, and could fly!

The rebel tried his best to regain control over his composure, after all he was as close to the sky at that moment as he was ever going to be but her...she could go through the clouds!

"Where are my manners, I am Kubwa son of Aadil and Mvumo," he bowed his head slightly to show that he thought VERY highly of her.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:45 pm
Mtima looked a bit surprised when he shouted out his question, it wasn't often she came across someone so bold as to shout it out like that. Oftentimes she even had to explain what she was. It made her quite happy to see someone so enthusiastic, and she always enjoyed being shown respect. What a lovely distraction from all her worries.

"I am Mtima'safi, goddess of souls," she introduced herself politely, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kubwa, son of Aadil and Mvumo."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm
He chuckled and the sound of youth seemed to pour from his lips, he could not mask his childishness with an older body, he would for ever be a little boy, at least that is what it felt like.

The white lion teetered and shook with excitment so much so that he tottered out of his awkward pirch and fell to the earth's floor, quite close to falling onto Mtima. "I'm fine," he grunted before she could say anything. Kubwa had fallen a lot as a cub and knew what the usual question that came after one of his little tumbles. The sight was so awkward because Kubwa was too big to be in the tree to begin with.

"I've never met a goddess," he looked up awkwardly at her, dirt clung to the white fur around his mouth.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:32 pm
Mtima chuckled quietly to herself when Kubwa laughed in a childish manner, finding it to be quite an endearing trait. She looked startled when the white lion suddenly let the excitement overwhelm him and fell from the tree- but quickly resumed a smile when he assured her without delay that he was all right.

"Fall out of trees a lot, do you?" she asked in a cheerful tone, and giggled a bit at how the dirt stuck out against his fur, "I never would have guessed, you knew right away what I was."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:42 pm
"I actuallt fall a lot, my one and only friend rushed to my aid the first time I fell!" He chuckled again and his dark eyes filled with suspicion, she looked like him! She looked like /his/ Waha! "My friend he told me about gods, he explained them in detail and promised that one day I would meet one, he was sure of it. I always wanted to be able to fly that's why I climb," he gestured up with his left paw.

Wow, he was certainly baring it all to a complete stranger, but for some reason he felt it was alright to tell her everything. A glimmer of Waha flashed across his mind, 'my mom's a goddess too,' he heard Waha say.

"What exactly is a soul..?" he questioned pushing his imaginary Waha away.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:54 pm
Mtima wrinkled her nose in amusement and had no idea it was her son that he was referring to when he mentioned a friend that told him all about gods. She knew Wahabu had met a god, he had brought him to meet her before, but she didn't expect that he might have told someone a good deal about gods. In her mind, it was like not knowing she was a goddess cancelled out any information he might have.

"Well then, I'm glad I could help your friend keep his word," she laughed, "I don't know about mortals flying. Climbing or falling might be the closest they can get, unless they are able to hitch a ride with someone."

The goddess took a seat, making herself more comfortable as she prepared to answer his question. "A soul is the part of every living creature that you cannot see," she said carefully, "It's something like your personality, your beliefs.."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:59 pm
Falling and climbing is the closest he would get to the sky...man he needed to find a big old god or goddess to show him around...

"Do I have a soul...can I see it?" he looked down at his paws and squinted his eyes, straining he saw nothing and looked back up at her expectantly, "Coudl you see it? See what I am like, can you see what I will be like? Will I be like my papa?" He looked like a small cub (of course much larger) sprawling out for a bed time story. For a moment he wanted to ask if she had any children, anyone to tell bed time stories too. He knew the answer; yes, two.

He readjusted his sprawled position but still held the look of an expectant child hoping for an adventure. Little did the white male know he was going to get a pretty rough adventure...one that he wasn't going to enjoy.

His eyes twinkled as he waited for her to respond, and of course he would sit silently through it all wondering and yurning for more information.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 pm
Mtima laughed as Kubwa attempted to see his soul in his paws, and shook her head. "Like I said, it's the part of you that cannot be seen," she reminded him, "However, I can see it, and it is said that the eyes are the window to the soul. You can often tell a good deal about someone by looking them in the eye, though sometimes looks can be deceiving."

She paused for emphasis on this point, and took a little time to consider his other question.

"I can see souls, not the future," she winked at him, "The soul is not entirely constant, there are elements that change as you grow and learn. I do not doubt that you have good parents, and that you are and will be a good lion."

Ok, she could be wrong on the last count but she could see that he was a good lion and going completely opposite was not too likely. Besides, that thought she did not allow to enter her mind. She was an optimist, a bit selective and naive in her optimisism but an optimist no less.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Hearing those things from your mother is one thing, 'you're a good boy, you'll go far, you have a great mom and dad.' But hearing those things from someone of power, a Goddess, that was entirely different, even if she could not see the future she thought he was good. That was enough to quench his search for knowledge about the soul, although a small part of him knew later that night he would stare at his own reflection until he saw something, maybe he would see something she saw?

He may not be able to see souls but he knew deep down she was a good person, or really good at hiding the evil.

"Do you have any children?" he asked bluntly, he wanted to know!

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 pm
She could see the pleasure he got out of hearing what she said to him in his face, and it made her feel good to know she had a positive impact upon him in some small way- aside from being the first god he'd met. Mtima was pleased to see someone take so well to her domain, and be rather quick to accept the explanation of it. His next question startled her, however. It was quite far off topic.

"I do," she answered truthfully, not seeing any reason why not, and sounded slightly amused, "Two, not much younger than you, I'd say. What brought up that question?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:45 am
"You seem like a mother.." it was the truth, but he had much more to add to it. You seem like a mother to a friend, he wanted to add, but wasn't going to, before he actually confronted Mtima he was going to have a nice little chat with Mr. Wahabu! How could he sit there and lie to my face?! Kubwa's cheeks turned slightly red from anger but he held his composure his face remained docile.

"I used to joke that my mother was the only Goddess I would ever meet, she's a humble and beautiful person, I'm sure of you looked at her you would see a truly great person...at least if that is how it works.." he gave her a knowing little smile, one that would mature with age.

Wahabu will be interrogated and maybe we'll find out what's what! he thought huffily.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:19 am
Mtima positively beamed at his response, for it was quite the compliment to hear- especially after the whole trouble she'd had with Kilango. It really hurt to know how much her daughter really hated her, even if their last encounter was a little encouraging.

"Why thank you, Kubwa," she said cheerfully, and then listened to his description of his mother, "And I'm sure if I met your mother, you'd be right." It was so touching to see someone who thought that way about their mother, and there was no way she would doubt what he said, or burst his bubble by suggesting otherwise.

"What a wonderful son you must be," she grinned at him.

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff