Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Brothers Indeed (Makai and Daze, Maize) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:34 am
Fresh, black hooves dug into the ground, paving the way for the spirited young colt. A small snout roved through the gentle green grass, testing it out for the first time. A hint of a whinny came within the foal, delighted at the newfound substance. Absorbed, he was, in his first meeting with nature.

A butterfly danced down to the enticement of the glistening black and white hair. It landed on the naive colt unsuspected, relaxing its wings until time came to take flight once more. The colt was impervious to the butterfly's existence for the moment--the time would come, eventually, when he would learn more about other roaming creatures of the land. But for now, his knowledge was limited to only that of his immediate family.

Family? The colt's head tilted upwards instantly, an almost bewildering thought trespassing his mind. Had he gone off too far from his mother? He turned his head sharply to the left, and then to the right. Something like family seemed to be near, but he could not quite realize who it was...

He grunted, somewhat troubled by the lack of companionship. "Mother? Father?..." he called out in a voice so soft that no one would have been able to hear unless standing right next to him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:07 pm
Daze had the odd habit of wandering away himself, usually distracted by one thing or another until he lost sight of his original location. Not that being lost bothered him either. This world was much too big for one foal to explore, but that didn't mean he couldn't try. One day it would almost definitely get him into trouble.

For not though it looked like he'd be okay, chances were he wasn't that far from his family, right?

A stray thought caught his young mind as a feather floated by. Right, his family. Bouncing around to face the other direction he shoved his velvety muzzle into the air in front of him, concentrating hard as he sniffed for the scent of something familiar, eyes watching his nostrils flare, giving him a rather stupid cross-eyed look. He grew absorbed in the sight, and probably would have forgotten his mission if it weren't for the fact he glanced something blurry and crossed in front of him.

A brother it looked like.

Legs bending awkwardly he bounded off towards where he spotted the dark shape, calling out a cheerful, and loud, "Hey!" as he went.

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:04 pm
"Ah?" Makai called back as his ears swivelled in the direction of the voice, attempting to distinguish whose it was. It wasn't soothing or calming like mother's or father's... Oh. "Daze?"

He watched his sibling close in on him, waiting passively while he quivered slightly in the sun's rays, not quite used to its exposure. "Where were you?" he inquired curiously, relaxing a bit as he realized he was not the only one stray from home. At least he would have presumably good company if he were truly lost.

Mother and father would have to let go, at some point. He was a foal out of his basket already! Time was ripe to discover the world without being babied. Perhaps it would be even better alongside his one brother--where was the third one, anyways?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:19 pm
A happy prance left Daze facing his brother, tail flicking about cheerfully, "Makee, hiya!"

He stuck his tounge out, a distant look on his face for a moment as he considered the question asked of him, "I dunno, over there? I dun really remember. Where's mom?"

With that question he turned around in a full circle, lowering his head and peering under his brother's legs as if the rest of his family were hididng somehwere just out of the corner of his eye.

"I think she musta wandered off," he added, sure in the fact that he was not the one prone to wandering, and that it had not been him who had been distracted by a small bird and had gone chasing after it in hopes of taking its wings.

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:42 pm
A warm smile could not help but creep onto Makai's face, amused by how much energy brewed within his brother. He himself had not been out in the world for long, but at least he remembered that he was sniffing at the grass right before he saw Daze.

"You went away from mom?" he asked back, eyes widening. Makai was somewhat worrying again. It seemed like he knew more about where he and his brother were at than Daze. "I don't think she's anywhere near here, if that's what you're looking for," he replied to Daze's frivolous movements. "And I think we were the ones who went away... Not mom. Maybe we should go back and tell someone where we are. If we can find them. Where is this, again?"

He went behind his brother and nipped at the striped tail that wagged so innocently. "Go! Remember! Think hard!" He then giggled playfully and ran with quivering legs back and forth in front of Daze. He couldn't have run off somewhere else, as the poor lad might have gotten lost even more without his careful eye.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:10 pm
Daze lifted his head again, wobbly knees locked and ears pricked up, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Where is this?"

He looked around, flicking his ear and attempting to keep his tail away from Makai's mouth, "This is here, where else would it be?"

He jumped up a bit, coming to attention, and added, "Well, if I wandered away I guess mom'll find me sooner or later, right? There aren't that many of us," he added, nostrils flaring, "I think she'll notice we're not there?"

He grinned fiercly, "until then it's you and me brotha! Let's do something FUN!"

Bright purple hooves danced as he flicked his mane, eyeing his younger sibling with amusement.

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:37 am
Makai snorted in partial frustration at Daze's retorts. He was getting more worrisome, as responsibility seemed to lay more on him than his older brother... How could Daze be so content without the safety and comfort of home, and mother?

He rolled his eyes, and stuck his face in front of Daze's to make it obvious that he did so. "Brother, even though you're the oldest, it doesn't mean you're the smartest." He laughed. "It means nothing at all."

A moment of hesitation came as he looked around his immediate surroundings once more. No mom here, no dad here. No third brother here. "I guess she'll have to find us sooner or later. How much trouble can you get into, anyways?" He grinned, his worries starting to fade away. "But something fun like what? Can't be something too fun now, or else you'll ruin your girly hooves, huh, Dazey?"

He laughed at his own joke as he bounded towards a tree, calling out with each step, "Daisy! Daisy!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:04 pm
Daze's head tilted to the side slightly at his brothers apparent annoyance. He didn't understand what all the fuss was about. Afterall, nothing was bad, and everything was good, at least for now.

"Of course it means something," he responded regaly, pushing his own head into his brothers, "it means I was born first, which means I'm your elder, which means you should listen to me," he finished, sticking his tounge out boldly.

"And for your information I can get in plenty of trouble!"

It was Daze's turn to snort as he jumped back slightly, a shocked expression on his face. Girly!? How so, his brother was just jealous of his colors. He didn't get any colors on him, he was all grey and stuff. Jealousy was not attractive at all, he decided.

"At least my name is easy to say Mack-kai-poop-head!" he responded, hobbling after him and grabbing back at the strippey tail.

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 am
Makai resisted the urge to roll his eyes again at his brother's immature antics, commenting offhandedly, "Simply because you're older doesn't mean that I should listen to you! I know better than you, after all." The final statement was coupled with a toss of his head, and a proud puffing out of his chest.

"And getting into trouble isn't a good thi--" Regardless of his smug attitude, when Daze made a grab for his tail, Makai couldn't help yelping out, skipping forward out of reach. "Hey!"

He pranced forward, turning awkwardly to keep an eye on his brother behind him, and snorted, trying to keep his backside out of reach. He had to devise a way to distract his brother from his tail before he got to it... But how?

The colt's grin returned and he threw a challenge over his shoulder, "How about we have a race?" He tossed his head in a vague motion towards a patch of trees. "To those trees over there!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:24 pm
Daze paused to consider that statement. He didn't understand, it's not like he told him to listen. And besides, what did Makai know better? Trees? Grass? He was a very weird character, that was for sure.

"Of course it is, that's why mom'n dad won't let us do it."

He reared back as well as he could, barely avoiding falling over, and added, "Plus it's fun," with a whinney before returning to the ground, knees folding slightly at the impact.

A race? Daze's ears immediatly pricked up, glancing at the goal and grinning widely. He liked to race, it was like flying. Or, at least, that's what he thought flying would be like. He wanted to ask his mom but she didn't seem to do it much so...

"You're on! Ready? Set? GO!" he cried, bounding off like a deer, front legs off the ground before nearly lossing his balance again. No matter, he could still win if he just ran ran ran!

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:52 pm
A raise of the brow issued itself in Makai who resisted the urge to shake his head hopelessly at Daze. But as soon as he mentioned race, his brother seemed to be whisked away in the direction of the trees before he knew it. Irritation almost seeped into him until he saw the way Daze was running, and he could not help but let a huge grin take over as he lifted his hooves in anticipation of his goal.

"Need help running with those girly hooves of yours?" he called, nearing the excited colt. He was still overly amused by the way Daze ran and stumbled, he did not notice the perilous objects splayed in his path.

The younger colt gave out a loud yelp as he went down, a rock cursing his flight to the trees. He got up quickly but painfully, a limp now in his step. His head was woozy, but his brother... Where was he? He couldn't let his brother prevail!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:00 pm
Once he finished righting himself Daze found running much easier then when he was tripping. One could say that was obvious but that thought didn't cross the foal's mind as he stared fixedly at the goal, only slowing for a second at his brother's mockery. Man, Makai was mean!

After what seemed like no time at all his brother yelled. Certain that it was just a ploy to trick him into slowing down (and that was exactly what his devious brother would do, he was sure of it!) he didn't turn back. No, he was running! To the finish and then to rub it into Makai's face.

Or that was the plan until he caught the sight of something small and furry out of the corner of his eye.

Skidding to a stop without a second thought (and nearly landing on his face as a result) he got a good look at it. A bunny! Gleefully deciding it wanted to be his friend he turned in that direction without even glancing back, trotting after it with a delighted snort.

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Wincing, Makai stopped to lay down and check on the pain that radiated from the hoof that caught on the rock he stepped on. It felt like something had chipped off, but all seemed fine... Oh well, it was his fault for paying less attention to the terrain. This provided a lesson to him that he should not linger on the faults of others, no matter how humorous.

"Daze?" he weakly called, hoping to somehow cancel the race they were in - for the moment, anyways, as he was already down and out. When he glanced about, he realized that Daze had withdrawn, and all thoughts of the race had probably disappeared with his withdrawal. Makai sighed, both relieved and vexed.

He got up with a wobble, and started to half-limp and trot towards his brother. One leg suffered the rock's wrath, so one leg was still in dizzying ache, almost useless to balance on.

"What's gotten ahold of you now?" Makai asked as he caught up with his brother, almost stumbling again so that he accidentally butted Daze's side. Yet another head injury to add to his day's worth of pleasure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:44 pm
Ohhhh yes, Daze was going to get that bunny, and they would be friends, and go on adventures, and ride a giant turtle, and eat apples, and-

Oh, darn. The bunny, apon noticing that a rather ackward foal was heading his way, had aparently disappeared, hopping a few steps before sliding underground. Stopping, a confused look on his face, he wondered if the bunny reverse-grew. Had it turned into a seed? That's where he thought things came from...

After another second of thought he realized that he had been called. He turned his head just in time for his brother to knock into him.

"Gotten ahold of me? Oh, there was a bunny and he wanted to be my friend but he wasnt' born yet so I guess we can't be friends. Hey, are you okay?"

He added the last part with surprising (for him) intent, apparentlly noticing his brother's pain.

"Didja hurt your leg or something?"

Beat Fu

Ameh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:02 pm
"Um," Makai sounded out, head clouded with the pain, the brother's side, and now, his brother's jumble of code. "Well." He was at a loss of words, for it seemed hopeless to attempt to quell Daze's irrational attitude of the world around him. "How can there be a rabbit when it's not born yet? What?"

He shook his head and laughed. "Come on, let's go to mother before something else tries to be your friend. I'm a little hungry... Aren't you?"

He diddered the afflicted leg and let out a breath of air. "Of course I'm okay. I mean, a rock didn't come out from the ground making me fall at first."

Bending low to the ground, Makai swiftly snatched a bunch of grass and began chewing, trying to divert his brother's attention elsewhere, and not on his leg. "Grass is good?" he said, opening his mouth, allowing blades of grass to fly out with spit while it was still inside.

Though the grass contained satiable contents, mother provided a better source for nourishment. Makai turned around, as if mother had been standing behind him all along, and grunted in frustration. "What's wrong with going back to mother, anyways?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff