Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
Battle System (Not currently in use) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:01 pm
Introduction

It took a while but we're finally on our way to having an organized system for kicking each others' asses. I designed this system and scale as a way for people to regulate how powerful peoples' characters are. The reason this was created, originally, was to create a limit for what a specific character could and couldn't do. The original scale, put up by 9, was fairly good but there was really no way to implement it nor determine who could be at what level. I hope this system, aside from being a fun way for people to have organized combat, will serve that purpose. 3nodding

Table of Contents

Post 1: Introduction and T.O.C.
Post 2: The Scale
Post 3: How this works and everything else
Post 4: Battle Profile Information
Post 5: Battle Profile Listings

This battle system and everything in the first four posts are copyrighted by me(Twilight Justice)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:02 pm
The Scale

User Image

Twilight Justice
Captain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:03 pm
How this works and everything else

Oh I know the scale's pretty with all the colors, the cells, the rows, the columns, and the cool titles like "God-Slayer" and what not..... too bad it's not as simple as a chart like you see above. The battle system is more than a chart.... you also have to know how to use it, which I shall explain here. I'll list all of the concepts that you should know about.
Copy rights of this battle system and its workings belong to Twilight Justice

Criterion - This is pretty self explanatory. This tells you how long you should have been in the guild before attaining that sub-level. It also tells you about how someone of that calibur should be in terms of posting etiquette

Weapon Wielder - This may be a bit of a misnomer. This refers to hand to hand fighting, with or without weapons. This does include all forms of physical armaments (guns, swords, shields, etc.) along with fists and leg using. Basically what your body is capable of without having to use much thought.

Magic Wielder - This name is as it sounds. Most of the time, magic refers to forces which you call upon from elsewhere using verbal commands, symbols, or otherwise. Mind powers of any form should also fit into this category. Not all powers are considered magic, however

Level - These numbers refer to your level, obviously. Each person will have both a weapon wielder level and a magic wielder level. The AP/MP that each level has is stated in the chart

Abilities - This term will be used to universally refer to attacks that use either AP or MP. Weapon Wielder attacks (which require AP) will be called skills. Magic Wielder attacks (which require MP) will be called spells. This terminology will be helpful later. The abilities a person has, as well as their effects, will be up to the player.

Pay attention kids, this is where the important stuff comes in

Sub-Level - Besides being the areas in which the criterion says you can have, this categorization can be even more important than the level you have. The Sub levels are as follows
Sub-level 0: Shrub
Sub-level 1: Rookie
Sub-level 2: Veteran
Sub-level 3: Ace
Sub-level 4: God-Slayer
Sub-level 5: Supreme-Power

In coordination with the sub-levels, there are different levels of weapon wielder attacks and magic wielder attacks. Thusly there is a different level of attack for each sub level, meaning there are rookie level attacks, veteran level attacks, and etc.

As you can probably guess, you have to be at least at the appropriate level to use certain level attacks. A rookie can only use Rookie level attacks, a veteran can use veteran level attacks as well as rookie level, and so on. Oh but it doesn't stop there either.... this is where the AP and MP come in.

AP - This acronym stands for Attack points. The chart will tell you how many AP you have depending on your weapon wielder level. Accordingly, the sub-level of a skill directly affects how many AP you use up in the attack. The AP usage of attacks is as follows.

Sub-level 0 (shrub) skills require 0 AP (Because you can't do anything, you shrub)
Sub-level 1 (rookie) skills require 1 AP
Sub-level 2 (veteran) skills require 2 AP
Sub-level 3 (Ace) skills require 3 AP
Sub-level 4 (God-Slayer) skills require 5 AP (Yes 5... not 4)
Sub-level 5 (Supreme-Power) skills require unlimited AP.... luckily that's possible at this sub-level

MP - As you can probably guess, this stands for magic points. The chart tells you how many MP you have when. Like AP, MP usage is regulated by the sub-level of attack you use.

Sub-level 0 (shrub) spells require 0 MP (Because you can't do anything, you shrub)
Sub-level 1 (rookie) spells require 1 MP
Sub-level 2 (veteran) spells require 2 MP
Sub-level 3 (Ace) spells require 3 MP
Sub-level 4 (God-Slayer) spells require 5 MP (Yes 5... not 4)
Sub-level 5 (Supreme-Power) spells require unlimited MP.... luckily that's possible at this sub-level

Okay, at this point, if you've really been paying attention, I suggest you take a little break to make sure you've got most of this down before continuing. Read through it 2 or 3 times and you should have it committed to memory. Sorry if this seems drawn out ^^;

Composite Level - You find your composite level by adding up both your weapon wielder and magic wielder levels (ex: Weapon wielder level 5 with magic wielder level 6 = composite level 11) Your composite level will be anywhere from 0-22, inclusive (Although, since probably no one will be level 0 or level 11, composite levels will actually range from 2-20 most of the time). This number does have a purpose as well.

Basically, it's more likely that the person with the higher composite score of two people fighting will win. There is a twist though. If the difference between the composite levels of the two people in combat is 4 or greater, then the person with the lower composite score may enlist the help of a partner. Essentially this will turn a one on one fight into a two on one. The only requirement for enlisting a partner is that the partner must have a composite level less than or equal to the composite level of the battler they are helping.
Example: Let's say we have someone with a composite level of 12 going against an opponent with a composite level of 8. In this case, since the opponent has a composite score 4 less than the first fighter, they may have a partner. This partner may be anyone who is willing to help; however, this partner must thusly have a composite level of 8 or less.

To develop the concept of a composite level further, if the oppoent is 8 or more composite levels lower, they they may enlist two partners who meet the criteria.
Example: Refer to the above example, but instead lets say the opponent has a composite score of 4 instead of 8. If this is the case, the opponent may enlist up to 2 partners. However, each partner must have a composite level of 4 or lower.

Recovering - The universal term which refers to charging to regain MP or focusing to regain AP. Recovering takes one whole turn, meaning that if you choose to use one of the recovery options (Charging or Focusing) You may do nothing else for that post.

Charge - This will be a generic ability that everyone will have in some form or another (How fancy or simple you want to make it look is up to you). Charging, as it will be called, is a technique which the player can use to regain MP; however, you may not exceed the amount of MP your level permits from start (ex: a level 2 may not have more than 1 MP at any given time). The sub-level of your character will determine how many MP you recover. The list below tells you how many MP you recover depending on your sub-level.

Shrub: +0 MP
Rookie: +1 MP
Veteran: +1 MP
Ace: +2 MP
God-Slayer: +3 MP
Supreme-Power: N/A

exceptions: Villains will be able to recover one more MP than usually alloted for his/her sub-level. (Example: A regular veteran recovers 1 MP with charge, but a villain veteran can recover 2 MP per turn until they reach their upper limit. Similarly, a regular ace will recover 2 MP, but a villain ace will recover 3 MP). Remember, you can not exceed the number of MP stated by your Magic wielder level.

Focus - This serves the exact same purpose and rules as charge. The difference is that focusing recovers AP instead of MP. Again, you can not exceed the AP limit set with your Weapon Wielder level. The villain acception applies here as well.

Timing - Of course, there's the fact that these attacks will take variable times to execute. The more powerful an attack is the more time it will likely take to execute. The amount of time each level of attack takes will be as follows.

Sub-level 1 (rookie) attacks require one turn/post to execute
Sub-level 2 (veteran) attacks require one turn/post to execute
Sub-level 3 (Ace) attacks require two turns/posts to execute
Sub-level 4 (God-Slayer) require three turns/posts to execute
Sub-level 5 (Supreme-Power) characters can fling around any level attack in one turn.

Also, you can only focus on making one attack or preparing to make one attack per post.

Congratulations! you've finished reading how to use the battle system! 3nodding There will probably be upcoming changes, but I do appreciate your effort to read and understand these rules. Also, DON'T be afraid to ask questions about it, even if you feel that the question has already been answered. I'm happy to answer questions on this system and direct you where to find the answers if your question has already been asked ^_^ Now go kick some a**!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:04 pm
Battle Profile Information

Welcome to the battle profile information post domokun I did my part in making the system, now it's up to the rest of you to either make it work or toss it in the garbage....... okay I'm kidding. I made the system (hopefully people will want to use it) and this is where I let you get your part in. These profiles differ from whatever you may have put in the "PROFILES" sticky in way that they contain information which is vital to your character's battle persona. The reason for this is that whoever's a** you may be kicking or getting your a** kicked by will be able to easily see what levels your character is at, information on your character's current fighting abilities, and know the effects and form of any ability you use (please refer to battle system terminology)

The Form

This is what I want you to have filled out. A description of what should be put in each area is in parentheses (which you should, obviously, delete before filling this out). Also, there is presently no limit to how many characters you may have, so feel free to make a profile for each one

Character Name: (This is the name of the character which this profile is made for and should be in the name that the character most commonly goes by)
Weapon-Wielder Level: (Self explanatory. Please don't put anything here as I will be determining this. Please see post 3 for more info)
Magic-Wielder Level: (same as weapon wielder)
Characteristics: (You are free to put what you want here. If your character changes appearance in battles, has an affinity or weakness of some kind, etc then you are free to put it here. This can include anything from nothing at all to an in depth history of your character's training and maybe your weapon of choice)
Abilities: (This is THE most important part of your profile. This is almost an entire profile on its own. You will list all of the attacks which your character can use during a battle. For each attack, please specify a name for the attack, what sub-level attack it is (Rookie - God-Slayer, etc.), what type of ability it is (skill or spell), and a DETAILED description of the ability's aspects. The description should, at the very least, include the default appearance of the ability and the effect the ability is meant to have on the opponent)

Note: No matter your sub level, you may make all of your attacks now. If you're a rookie, you may still create veteran, ace, and god-slayer level attacks; you just won't be able to use them until you reach the appropriate level. At the moment, I'm going to have loose restrictions on how many abilities you may have for given sub-levels

Max of 0 shurb abilities (what? You can't do squat at this level!)
Max of 6 rookie abilities
Max of 4 veteran abilities
Max of 3 ace abilities
Max of 2 god-slayer abilities
Max of 0 supreme power abilities (like I said, if you fight someone at this level, you lose. end of story)
Max of 1 charge ability and max of 1 focus ability (these are optional, just incase you want to have your own cool way of recovering xp )

That's about it sweatdrop I'm hoping everyone will fill out this form for any characters that they plan to have fight or possibly be in battle. Remember, you can never give too much detail in these descriptions. The more detail, especially on the abilities, the better. The abilities portion will be the default information on the ability. The purpose of these descriptions is so that you don't have to type out the information of the attack for every new opponent, since they'll be able to look up enough information on the attack here. That way, in the fight, you'll just be able to mention any modifications to the attack that may result for whatever reason.

Determining your levels

Originally, I was just going to make a mock up post for which people could respond to to the best of their ability, and I would give them a rating for Magic and weapon wielder levels accordingly. However, I've made some changes to that idea.

This is how your level will be determined. I'm in this guild just about daily and I know most everyone who RPs frequently, thusly I believe I can assign levels legitimately based on what I've seen. I designed the scale, so consequently I believe I'll be able to rate other characters at the right level. I only have one requirement. Have at least most of your battle profile complete before you request that I assign your levels. When you've finished your profile, PM it to me and we'll work out anything that needs fixing. After that, I'll give you your levels and ask if they're all right with you. If you aren't happy with your levels, then we can negotiate it. If you're still not happy after that then I've set up a test, IC, for your character

The back up test is simple: the character you want to determine the level for will fight my character, Twilight Justice/Twi/TJ, in an IC battle. I'll use a variety of different attack styles and abilities to see how your character reacts. My criteria for judgement will be typical: basis for response, execution of response, and then desired effect of response based on the execution. All in all, I'm just making sure you know what you're doing.

Here's some good news. You only need to take the test for one character. Though you will need to make a profile for all of the characters you plan to fight with, the process is much easier on subsequent characters. All I'll really ask is how that character stands in perspective of the one you already have a profile for, make the levels, and post it.

If you have any questions go ahead and ask. If you really need help making a battle profile, I'm practically willing to make the entire thing for you if you give me time and enough information. If you are unsatisfied with the results you get after the IC test then you'll just have to work to get better and request your levels be raised when you've improved. Thank you for reading 3nodding

Twilight Justice
Captain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:33 pm
Battle Profile Listings

I will copy and paste all submitted battle profiles to this post. Profiles will be in alphabetical order based on the name that is give in the profile for easy listing and searching.

Aion's profile

Weapon-Wielder Level:
Magic-Wielder Level:

Characteristics:
Evil Eyes: Aion's eyes have always been with him since his birth and have finally awaken during the battle that killed his nanny, Fa. These eyes would eventually revert back to his human brown eyes after their purpose has been served. His eyes were dubbed by the military 'evil eyes' due to its appearance.

Aion evil eyes have the ability to see through illusions, hand made traps, and buried mines. His eyes can also copy hand to hand techniques and followed detailed movement as though he was looking at them in slow motion. After his experiments, Aion was able retain his evil eyes without concentration and achieved a new form of his evil eyes.

Empty Eyes are the next form of Aion's eyes. If his victim stares straight into his eyes, they are sent into the victim's mind where Aion controls all of matter, space, and time. He can make his victim feel they have been within this controlled environment for 5 days, but in actuality it would have been only 5 minutes or maybe something less. Pain inflicted is ten times worse or even unbearable since it is within the victim's mind. Because it is within the mind, the victim will feel their mentality slowly giving them away to the pain benig inflicted and could unltimately kill them.

Body Control: Aion can control every cell within his body and therefore can control all his bodily functions such as his immune system. He can regulate the creation of every molecule in his body giving him several abilities. He is able to create great amounts of red blood cells, white blood cells, and marrow. He can also create his own nurtrients therefore abolished hungry from his body and currently his body neither possess a digiestive tract or a system that dispels his waste since he eats nothing. He can also select what he breathes.

Bone Manipulation: Through genetic engineering, Aion has gained the ability to manipulate his bone's density, structure, and movement enabling Aion to use them as weapons. He can use his bones to form sharp swords or shoot fragments out of his fingers as projectiles. Not only can Aion use this offensively but defesively as well. His ability to create marrow enables him to make as much bone as he can and since he can manipulate his structure, he can reassemble any internal broken bones or recreate his bone structure to protect his vital areas such as his heart.

Acidic Blood: Through genetic engineering, Aion has made his blood acidic to inorganic and organic substance except himself. His blood can eat through a foot of the strongest metal and about three feet through solid concrete.

Epidermal Enhaced Protection: Aion has given his skin the ability to withstand radiation, heat up to 1,000 degrees, and cold down to -100 degrees. The developement of his epidermal protections has cost him much of his time (about 20 years). Although he had strived to have skin that could withstand the temperatures of the sun if he were to be place on its surface for now he's statisfied by being able to stand fires and explosions. Yet although Aion is protected from radiation and exteme temperatures, his skin can be easily cut through just as if it was normal human skin.

Physical Enhacement: When his powers awaken they have already surpassed the average human being. Through more experimentation, Aion has surpassed most mythological beings and could be consider to possess the physical attributes of the strongest demon or angel.

Genetic Adaptation: There are several genes within the human body that are dormant, and are said to be genes the human body no longer needs. Unlike most humans, Aion can summon these dormant genes, but not all. As of now he can summon gills that would appear on his neck to breath underwater, fangs that can crush rock, night vision, thermal sensory, body regulation, sonar, increase lung capacity (holding his breath; Limit: hour) and sensory enhacement (smell, sight, hearing, touch, and tatse).

Abilities:

Name: Acidic Blood
Sub-Level: Rookie
Type: Skill
Description:
Aion's blood is highly acidic. He has personally used his own blood to eat through locked, thick steel and concrete vaults. He has also discovered that after ingestion of a sip of his blood an average human being will die because the acid would have eaten its way through the stomach, entered the blood stream, spilling our the stomach acid, and would slowly tear away at the rest of the body causing a slow painful death. Depending on the amount of blood inside or on the victim, the victim would mostly not die. Obviously a few drops would cause internal damage or small burns. Ingesting ten or more milliliters would internally kill a person while blood on the victim would be different. Due to compatability Aion's own blood does not affect him. Aion would never cut himself open though, but would cut his own tongue and spit the blood at his opponent.

Name: Bone Weaponry & Projectiles
Sub-Level: Veteran
Description:
With the ability of his bone manipulation, Aion can create bone weaponry that can match or surpass any melee weapon except possibly magical weaponry. All of Aion's bone weaponry are made with his own marrow which include calcium, iron, phosphate, and carbon. This composition gives Aion strong and sturdy weaponry as well as an indestructable skeletal structure.

The weapons that Aion can make for instance can range from sword, spears, and even bullets. By using the bone from his arm he can make a sword. By using the bones in his finger tips, he can use them as bullets, firing them at an equal and/or surpassing speed as a gun. Aion can use every single bone in his skeletal frame as a weapon and this even includes his spinal chord. Obviously these bones can also detach without causing Aion any pain.

Name: Empty Eyes
Sub-Level: God Slayer
Type: Spell
Description:
Empty Eyes is another form of Evil Eyes and probably the only "magical" arsenal that Aion possess. When a victim stares straight into this optical form, they are unwillingly sent within the bowels of their mind where everything that takes place inside their mind is controlled by Aion. This is total control which means the matter, space, and time within the victim's mind is controlled by Aion and he is the only person who can release the person from his spell.

Having all access to his victim's mind, Aion can have his victim relive their worst experience over and over again or create his own illusion which ultimately involves inflicting pain. Since this pain is inflicted in the mind, the pain itself is amplified more than what normal cut or stab to the physical body would be. However Aion chose to mentally hurt his victim, Aion always makes sure the end result that his victim will turn into vegetable. Strictly speaking, Aion would have inflicted enough pain to tear down his victim's mind with the likely chance of dying.

The draw to this is that Aion can't use it as much as his Evil Eyes since this physically drains him more than anything else. Also his opponent would need to be staring straight into his eyes in order to be captured by the Empty Eyes.

Name: Evil Eyes
Description:
Evil Eyes is not only a skill, but Aion's eyes which he had for decades and can control his evil eyes to its full potential. (Appearance can be found in characteristics describing the Evil Eyes).

Evil eyes have the ability to see through illusions, but it doesn't mean he doesn't see them. An illusion that appears before his eyes are outlined while he can still see the reality that surrounds him.

The eyes can also see every detail of his surrounding, his opponent's movements, and the techniques being performed by his opponent. Through these eyes Aion can pick out land mines, traps, lasers, and things that would rather be invisible through the naked eye. Although Aion could likely see ghost he doesn't acknowledge their exsistance. Another fact is that since Aion can clearly read his opponent's movement, he can also copy physical techniques. The draw back to this is that Aion cannot copy magical spells because he has been made to not use magic.

Name: Field of Flowers
Sub-Level: Ace
Description:
By submerging his body in the ground, Aion can release huge bone spikes and send them to the surface to impale his enemy in a circular radius of about twenty-five feet. Since these bone spikes are also an extension of Aion's body, Aion can also fire these huge spikes at his opponent or cause them explode sending bone sharpnel in all directions. How it explode is by Aion inducing sulfur from his body to the bone and by oxygen contact, the chosen bone bomb explodes.

Name: Genetic Adaptation
Sub-Level: Rookie
Description:
Through out time the genome of human beings has drastically changed due to environmental changes and/or mutation. Within the human body there are dormant genes that are not used within the human body. Through much experimentation, Aion now has the ability to release three of these genes in an instant, but cannot release anymore than that. The difference here and using his Waltz of the Beast is that Aion is selecting the genes he is releasing while using his technique he releases them all without a second thought. What abilities his dormant genes give him are listed above in the characteristics section.

Name: Mad Beast
Description:
With the combination of his bone manipulation, genetic adaptation, and mimicing skills, Aion grows bone claws from his hands and releases all his dormant genes without realizing which ones he releases. This enables Aion to follow animalistic instinct to fight. With that, the animalistic power from his dormant genes, and his own intelligence results in an unpredictable combination of melee fighting. Another fact that should be known is that Aion will feel a stronger, more overwhemling sensation to kill his enemy and eat his corpse or in otherwords becomes berserk.

Nana's profile

Weapon-Wielder Level:
Magic-Wielder Level:
Characteristics:
Programmed Defence: If attacked by a more powerful opponent for long enough, a pre-programmed defensive mode will kick in; in, a sense like a split personality. Included in this is a personal energy shield made from her own energy. Arches of highly focused energy which can do a lot of damage. Mega burst of holy energy once gathered up.

Basic hand to hand: Nana was taught the basics of hand to hand combat. She'd have little to no chance of beating a seasoned fighter in hand to hand combat.

Ornimental Dagger: Nana has an ordimental dagger, that hangs from her right hip. The dagger has the ability to absorb and make some spells and enregies weaker. It can also absorb electricity, and diverts non-physical attacks towards itself. Ie: Magic, energy, etc.
Though it is a dagger it was never meant for combat use, though that doesn't mean it isn't sharp and life threatening. If neccessary, Nana can use the dagger as a last resort in a bluff since she is not skilled in the ways of fighting, with or without a weapon.

Magic Ability: Nana has learned some basic magics for each element, there's not much else to sa on the matter.

Abilities:

Name: Energy Ball (small)
Sub-level: Rookie
Description: Nana can force self energy both holy or aura into the confines of a sphere, the size being of her choosing, but of course the larger the ball, the more energy inside.

Name: Energy Ball (medium)
Sub-level: Veteran
Description: (see small descript)

Name: Energy Ball (large)
Sub-level: Ace
Description: (see small descript)

Name: Inferno of the Far Planes
Description: The spell can make either a circle of fire around the target, or a long wall of fire like a barrier. It isn't a powerful spell, and is only meant to give Nana a few seconds to recover if she needs to put some distance between herself and her target.

Name: Stone Tomb
Description: This spell is an earth based attack, that snakes its way toward the designated target and encases them in dirt and stone making a tomb around them, thus its name. It's meant to give the Nana a bit of time to escape, recover, begin a new spell, etc. If the opponent can't get out, they can actually sufficate and die from the lack of air, thus making it a real tomb for them.

Name: Tundra of the Ice Fields
Description: A powerful attack of ice which can be formed into any shape it needs to be, in order to help Nana defeat her target.

Name: Deep Submurge
Description: Nana can call upon water to aid her in battle. However it is limited in mass and only so much water can be used at a time.

Zero's Profile

Weapon-Wielder Level: 6
Magic-Wielder Level: 4
Characteristics:
Rapid Regeneration: The cause for Zero's rapid regeneration was a ritual he performed which required the sacrifice of his eyes (Not just his sight).

Multiple Spell Affinities: The cause for his magic ability was yet another ritual which caused him to become possessed by a demon who was dispelled when he was killed by his own attack.

Dual blood-type: Due to Zero having both angelic and demonic blood flowing through his veins, he can deal quite a bit of damage toward the two types if it gets into the demon/angel's bloodstream.

Abilities

Rookie:
-Speed Boost: Skill- Zero's speed raises dramatically. His speed makes him appear simply as a blur.
-Ice Talon: Spell- Creates an extremely sharp talon of ice to fire at the enemy or bring up from under them out of the ground.
-Stun Edge: Spell- Sends a large wave of lightning toward the enemy
-Energy blast: Spell- Launches a simple ball of destructive energy at the foe.
-Vapor Thrust: Skill- Zero's blade becomes infused with lightning and he does an uppercut/flip type maneuver.

Veteran:
-Rising Force: Skill- Zero stabs his opponent with his blade and then charges it with lightning, electrically charging his/her innards
-Multiplication: Spell- Zero splits into more than one form of himself(at most 5) The more he multiplies, the weaker the copies are.
-Bandit Bringer: Skill- Zero jumps and sends a fiery charged punch down toward the enemy using all his weight.

Ace:
-Demon Transformation: Skill- Zero goes into his demon form, raising his physical strength greatly. However he loses most of his sense of logic.
-Delta End: Spell- Zero flaps his arms around like a madman and extends his arms, creating a triangle with his hands. Once this happens, he launches two energy rays from each hand and a giant energy bomb from the triangle.
-Tyrant Rave: Skill- Zero grabs his opponent and sends a massively powerful fire-charged punch.

God-Slayer:
-Fallen Form: Skill-Zero goes into his fallen form(This hasn't been acheived yet, description soon to come)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:15 pm
Wow TJ. I knew you'd get really into it, but this is FAR beyond my expectations. I must say, I'm really impressed! biggrin I'm also guessing you'll be using Gabe's tourny as a way to see what people's level is as well as just watching their normal posts, huh?  

Irvine Gray

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:26 pm
Verge Zenith
Wow TJ. I knew you'd get really into it, but this is FAR beyond my expectations. I must say, I'm really impressed! biggrin I'm also guessing you'll be using Gabe's tourny as a way to see what people's level is as well as just watching their normal posts, huh?

Thank you very much ^^; I slaved over it and procrastinated for two whole days that I did xp

Yes I am planning to have this tested in some form during Gabe's tournament, of which I will set up the arena for tomorrow probably. Tonight I'll just be making sure I didn't forget anything

I'll probably request that everyone who plans to fight create a "battle profile" for the appropriate characters, so that everyone knows who's where

Again, I'm glad you approve ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:36 pm
Oh yeah, and I've now updated the bottom of the 3rd post to include a segment about the time attacks take  

Twilight Justice
Captain

Cid Highwind Kamikaze

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:14 am
Nice work, Twi. Very beautiful. You honestly did pour your heart and soul into this. I'm sure eventually along the road somewhere I'll have a question, as I always do. sweatdrop But at the moment, you are safe from Kami's quizical wrath. I'm trying to figure out now where I am placed in this thing...I was guessing somewhere between three and seven whee . I would most certainly recommend that you have us fill out battle sheets. That would honestly be a good idea...okay, about the question thing...I have one now just thought of it..

Okay, like, say Kamikaze uses one of her elemental attacks (I'm sure this counts as MP and stuff, I'll worry about that in a minute)and I know I have to deduct from the MP and stuff...but just what should I post for recovering MP/AP? It's kinda hard to describe regathering the energy. Would you count it against us if we actually described it fairly simply? There's not exactly much to say in a post like that. I mean, yeah, I'd do the best that I could of course.

Oh, other suggestion for the battle sheet, have those who have specific attacks in paticular work out which belongs to which level and be able to deduct from it like that. As well as if they carry swords like my character does...specific things that drain specific amounts...or to the point, think Final Fantasy and Jade Empire battle systems. The stronger the attack the more it drains, the more powerful the swing of the blade, the more AP it drains. The same thing with blocking.

I'm thinking about Nine's system a little when I do this as well...I like the battle-block thing as well. You may want to keep that the same. You may dodge up to three times before having to take a hit if memory serves. And it is three dodges only. it was something like that...I may have to do some re-reading and edit this a little bit, but it's just a start.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:45 pm
ty Kami. Don't worry I've already thought through what I will request for battle profiles, as I will call them. (hehe get it? battle system battle profile......no?.......anyway moving on...). I'm actually deriving a good portion of this from the Xenosaga 2 battle system.... and I will no doubt add more complex rules to make it more interesting.

I don't mean to be rude by we really didn't have any kind of system under 9. sweatdrop Sure she put up a scale and we had fights, but there were no regulations... so I couldn't really call it a system.

Now I'll stress this again.... the three to one rule is up in the main guild rules.... thus it will ALWAYS apply, in regards to this system or not.

Now for your comment on making sure stronger attacks take more points and what not. Simple swings and techniques and such will not require AP or MP. The AP should only be necessary if there is some sort of special power added to your close quarters attack. This system is to regulate POWER usage. I'm sure everyone in the guild can throw punches all day, but they can't add a limitless amount of power behind it every time. I'll give you an example. My character, Axl, is a pyrokinetic, thusly many of his attacks, skills or spells, use fire. If he's throwing a fire charged punch (A fist engulfed in flames) it'll require AP, not MP, because it's a close range attack.

I guess basically you can say AP is for up close techniques and MP for ranged attacks, at least in most cases. If you have questions about a specific technique feel free to ask me.

Now, finally, for your question. If you're talking about AP/MP recovery, refer to the charge and focus abilities which everyone will have some form of. Charge and focus are just the generic labels given to an ability which recovers MP or AP respectively. I don't mind how you do this. IC, you can either just say your character is choosing to charge/focus, or you can make some long drawn out description of how you're gathering power. Really, it doesn't matter as long as you specify somewhere in the description, CLEARLY, that you're charging/focusing.  

Twilight Justice
Captain

Cid Highwind Kamikaze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:21 pm
Alright, thanks a lot Twi! I can't wait to try the battle system out X3 it's gonna rock.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:53 pm
Ok I have a question. I kinda have an understanding of this battle system thinf but is it mandatory to use or not.  

Ncarur

Mastema

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 pm
As of the moment I plan to test it in the long awaited tournament. Assuming it works, I would like to see it used in all battles between two people. If you're just doing a fight between two over your own avatars or two of your own NPCs then don't worry about it. However, this is to make sure that not everyone can just fling power around when all IC things point to that character not being too powerful.

So to answer your question, after the tournament starts, it will be more or less a good idea to use this whenever you have a fight with someone.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:03 pm
Alright thanks Mastema. I really appreciate it. It's kinda confusing to me but I will try to figure it out before sometime.  

Ncarur

Ai Rei Envy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:30 pm
This sounds really cool. Can't wait till its up and running.  
Black Company

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff