Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
The Citadel Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 994 995 996 997 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mastema

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:33 pm

A barren grass field, a lush mountain range around for miles, forests at their bases, and a city in the middle of it all. One would call this a paradise. One could call this an anamoly. But not all is well with this land.....

In the flattest place of this plain lays a city near the size of manhattan. What resides in this city...who can say it all....

The New Sanctuary
The city is covered in pure, shining chrome everywhere except the deserted streets. All the buildings you can imagine are here. Some are empty and abandoned. Some are inhabited. Some are home to fear. During the day the citadel is fully visible, but at night anything above the first floor of any building is almost lost in the darkness that wells around the city, the streets lit by the street lights in such a manner one can only guess what lay around the next turn. With Slayer's help, the citadel's barrier field prevents any external sensors, mechanical or otherwise, from seeing into the city. To the eyes, it's like looking at a giant dome mirror

The Mind
At the heart of this citadel resides a high and mighty tower. It's walls are covered in more chrome colored metal than the others, for strength against attack. The top floor of the tower is the only none plated part of a building anywhere. The top floor seems to be walled only by glass that is a mirror on the outside and see through from the inside, preventing most vision from seeing inward to the control area of the entire city

The Heart
Somewhere within the citadel resides the powerful generator of which its energy is seen pulsating the chrome colored walls when seen up close. Energy flowing from the generator is a thin red line, where as returning is a thing blue line. The generator's form itself is unknown. All that is needed to know is that it's powered by renewable power sources, energy of an unknown origin, and arcane magic of all types and origins. At night, the blue and red "pulses" can be seen more clearly

The Hand
Mastema's undead army fell at the hands of heaven's army long ago. Below the surface of the citadel and in several of the buildings reside a "race" of pure white automatons and mechanoids of various shapes and sizes. These mechanoids are capable of various abilities and affinities. For some..... maybe they aren't completely mechanized.

The Guard
Four main buildings show at the four corners of the city. Within them resides weapons capable of knocking down almost any aerial or ground assault made by vehicle. Many other, smaller scale defensive measures litter the outer perimeter of the city.

The Memory
Not all of the city has been redesigned into a singular, mechanized, network controlled by the tower. Though still linked and guarded, about a third of the buildings have interiors that are left untouched. Though the outer walls are still chrome color, they remain as a reminder of the city that once was

The Peace
Somewhere around the city lays an untouched park of grass greener than anywhere else. Why it was left untouched, who can say

The Defense
After signs that Thanatos's barrier was weakening, a plan to replace it was quickly devised. The new defense for the citadel is a combination of its original barrier and a so-described 'deathzone' between the citadel and the barrier. The barrier itself is somewhat of a glossy blurr when people view it. The properties of the structured magic that makes up its substance scatters all low intensity EMR as well as most high intensity. Because of its magic nature, it also has diverse effects when magic of other kinds is used on it. Inside this barrier is what can be described as a ring or halo that surrounds the citadel, while still being containing inside the barrier to keep its existence hidden until it's too late for any intruders. The deathzone is made up of a solid but collapsable ground. The collapsable floor is a dead drop into a trap of mines with little hope of escape. The surface is also laden with several explosives. Around the ground are 'pockets' out of which pyramidal towers can rise in order to structure complex and different patterned electromagnetic fields around the citadel. Along with this new set up, there are still the citadel's classic defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:33 pm
*Mas stands atop "The Mind" and reveals himself to the brilliant shine of the full moon. He steps away from the white robed women beside him*...And so it is time. *he holds out his right hand and the scythe appears* With the blessings of neither heaven nor hell...... in defiance of sin itself..... I call upon the arcane magics of the world..... to breath life into this city..... *Mas swings the scythe in a half circle and a symbol appears briefly in front of him. In another part of the citadel, "The Heart" Let's out a loud beat as a rush of red colored energy bursts forth to empower the city. Red vein like patterns light up brightly along the walls of the building. When they reach the top, they descend in a vibrant blue color back to "The Heart". As the circulation completes. The red and blue lines become faint to a pleaseant thin line around the buildings. Everything was complete..... the citadel....was alive* Good..... now the home emerges in full life. *The scyhe vanishes. The entire citadel is seen in a rare full moon light, allowingi to be seen even at this time of night*  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:28 am
*Is slightly creeped out by the appearence of the scythe, but she'd get over it quickly upon seeing the city in the moon's full glow. She walks back to his side overlooking the city in the full moon's light*

...it's beautiful Mastema.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:30 am
*He chuckles* Indeed. In a sense, a home with a life all it's own. The more technological applicants of the citadel will be active now. I am sure you'll find several things to enjoy yourself *He chuckles*  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:34 am
Maybe.

^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:39 am
*Mastema turns slowly to look about the citadel* Perfect...everything is working. One large step forward. Once my other, "acquaintances" realize this location I'm sure we shall be getting some visitors. I hope you do not mind if a few of my old comrades come to reside in the citadel.  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:44 am
^_^

Mastema... it is your citadel. I'll just stay out of their ways, is all. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:46 am
*He chuckles then looks to Nana with a half grin* It may very well belong to me. But it is also your home.... the one that I offered you. Do as you wish.... but I am sure you'll find some of the individuals I've met quite charming  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:51 am
*Nods then looks back up to Mastema*

Alright, and I'm sure they will be...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:54 am
*He looks out toward "The Peace" with a sincerely blank expression* Nana....you've been staying here for a few weeks now..... tell me..... what do you think of your life here?  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:00 am
As always.... There is hope here for me. A life-- A life I would otherwise not have had back there... at the church. There is a great potential in this place, and room to grow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:05 am
*He laughs lightly* A positive as per usual my dear Nana. *He gives her two friendly pats on the head* Ah....I will be payin a visit to the man I spoke of a few weeks ago soon......to see about my scrolls and books being returned.  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:09 am
*She closes her eyes; cheaks pinken lightly*

Could I be anything else? ^_^
Ah yes, I remember. I'll have to check in on the library, and prepare a space for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:14 am
*nods* Very well. Do as you see fit. I'll grant you the use of the old abandoned library to use. It's not very far from here. If you do not wish to use it then use which ever floor of the tower you wish. As for now, I must use the newly arisen network to overlook the citadel's status, can't have any mistakes that are avoidable now can we. *His hand moves away* I will inform you when I am finished. You may seek me out when you see fit. Until then I bid you a pleasant evening Nana. *Mastema sinks through the glass and into the top floor of the tower*  

Mastema

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:22 am
*Nods as Mastema disappears through the glass*

Thank you....

*Looks to the door, and heads off to look for the library Mastema mentioned. It would probably need a little work. She wasn't too sure of the layout of the citadel yet, as she'd kept to only two places thus far; her room, and the top of "The Mind" to watch the sun rise every morning*  
Black Company

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 994 995 996 997 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff