Reply The Village
[FIN] Please don't startle the Penguin! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:22 pm
It was late. And I mean, REALLY late. No one sane was still awake. But Marshall didn't seem to notice or care that the sunlight was gone and he had yet to turn the lights in the entertainment room on. No, he was too entranced with his Scary Movie Marathon, currently on the last Freddy film. The feathered young man wasn't sure WHY he started watching all the slasher films in the DVD library. Perhaps it was to make him stop thinking of his rather depressing encounter with Gaius. Regardless, here he sat, a bowl of popcorn in his lap and a blanket over his shoulders.

1, 2, Freddy's comin' for you...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:32 pm
Oz had managed to slip in a short while ago, during a particularly noisy or gory scene, thus avoiding auditory detection by the penguin boy. It was late, but Oz had itchy feet and a rumbling tummy, which had driven him to a midnight raid of whatever food was available in the cafe at this time of night.

Whilst it was apparent the film playing was 'Nightmare on Elm Street' classic, the question was, which one? So, perched just behind and to the side of Marshall, Oz asked him.

"Which one is this?" he said loudly, with the intention of startling the penguin boy.  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:40 pm
Oz succeeded, according to plan.

"GWAAH!" yelled Marshall, as he threw his popcorn in the air, falling to the floor from the couch. His pulse was racing and his green eyes were bulging out of his head. He didn't recognise the large man, who was probably twice his height, or at least taller than most people he knew. Oh lord...What if this was that man...woman...thing he met in the cafeteria's husband!? Or, wife, depending on whatever it was.

"I-ITS THE SEVENTH ONE OH LORD PLEASE DON'T SMASH MY SKULL IN!" he said, answering his question and pleading for his life in one sentence.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:50 pm
A self-satisfied smirk weedled across Oz's face as he watched the bird-boy react in a way that wouldn't have been out of place in a slapstick movie. He had the vague impression that he'd met this guy before, but the degree of transformation was a little too fargone for Oz's poor recollection. He was always better with names anyway.

"Seventh? You'd think they'd have the sense to stop after the third one," he said very casually.  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:57 pm
"A-Actually the only REAL Nightmare films are the first, third, and seventh ones since Wes Craven directed or wrote them...Hey...You sound familiar. Sorta." Marshall said, his heart-rate returning to normal as he picked up the pop-corn bowl, starting to realize that every time he was in here he managed to make a terrible mess of the place.

"...Were you at the Halloween party?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:03 pm
"Meh, Hollywood knows how to ruin a good thing with mountains of spin-offs or sequels anyway. Only exception to the rule is the Godfather Trilogy," he continued to talk, walking around the sofa to help Marshall clean up.

Well, it was only right after scaring the popcorn right out of his grasp. He kneeled down awkardly, cushioning his knee as best as possible.

"Indeed I was, although I was a might more normal looking then, with only a sweaty costume to worry about. I'm Osbourne."  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:17 pm
"Oh...Huh. Nice to re-meet ya, Ozzy. Yeah, at the Halloween party the only noticeable thing about me was my shnoz...Heh heh. Name's Marshall, by the way." Marshall said, throwing the popcorn in the bowl. Did the five-second rule still apply to popcorn kernels?

"So, why are you up so late?" Marshall asked, making small talk.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:22 pm
"Ah, Marshall. I do recognise you from the party," he said smiling, recalling Marshall's rather cruel costume choice of 'The Penguin' from Batman.

It wouldn't be until much later that Oz would realise his own costume to be rather cruel too.

"Heh, with a fuel tank this big, it doesn't take long before its empty again," he said, patting his squidgy tummy, quite comfortable with his physique, at least for the time being. "Food raid."  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:28 pm
"Ahhh. Thats why I keep food in my duplex. Hard to stay up late with out a Mountain Dew and a Snickers bar." Marshall snickered, as he put the semi-full bowl back on the coffee table.

"So, care to join me? I was about to get into the Saw movies...Y'know, the ones with the um...Saws and stuff?" Marshall asked, liking the idea of having some sort of company. Especially since he now had to look out for that man-thing who would probably beat the crap out of him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:43 pm
Oz hauled himself back to a standing position, feeling like an old man as some of his joints creaked at him. He rolled his bulky shoulders and neck to loosen up a bit after a tense few days. Mental stress was just as bad as real stress.

"I'll agree on the Snickers bar, but I've never heard of Mountain Dew before," he chuckled slightly at the culture gap.

He'd have to try dropping a few British brands to see if Marshall would recognise them. He sank onto the sofa, its turn to creak under Oz's weight.

"Sure, I can stay for a bit. The Saw movies aren't active enough for my tastes, but I don't mind watching them."  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:58 pm
"Yeah, but they're always fun to kill some time I think." Marshall said with a small laugh, taking a little floor-popcorn and throwing it in his mouth. Hey, popcorn was still popcorn.

"You don't know what Mountain Dew is?" Marshall asked, a little surprised. "Well...Ummm...Its fizzy, and kind of tastes like lemon-lime, and um...Its full of caffeine, so it makes you wired and junk."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:31 am
Oz shared Marshall's philosophy on food. As long as it was recognisable, it was good to eat. He only wished he'd thought to scoop some popcorn for himself before he sat down. Oh well, he was sure he might get offered some eventually.

"Ah, sounds a bit like the hybrid child of Coca Cola and lemonade," he chuckled. "For caffiene though, you can't beat Red Bull. Ever tried one of those?"  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:10 pm
"Oh yeah! That stuff was good! Kind of rank tasting but kept you wired for a good couple of days." Marshall said through a mouth full of popcorn, holding out the tub to his rather large new acquaintance.

"Ew." Marshall said, glancing at the screen as a guy had to dig through a toilet for the Saw.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:39 pm
"The come down is a b***h though. I remember drinking at least 5 cans in one night trying to revise for a test the next morning. I slept straight through my alarm and missed it," he said laughing, taking a moderate handful of popcorn, cupping the other hand underneath to catch stray kernels.

Eyes fixated on the tv for a while, he watched these scenes of gory desperation play out in front of him. And, disturbingly, began to see similarities. Was he, and his friend here, and everyone on the Island as a matter of fact, not a prisoner, being watched? And had he not witnessed first hand the power of the staff being able to watch their test subjects. His friendship to Sayuri had almost been torn apart because of one sick lab staff.

"You look like you've been here a bit longer than me, have the bastards in the lab ever done that to someone?" he said, referring to the mind games played in Saw.  

Bastian Brandt

Marshall_Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 pm
"Umm...Well, no, I don't think they've ever imprisoned some one in a small white room and forced them to cut off limbs. At least, I don't think they have." Marshall said, looking back at Oz.

"Though, I mean, they do do stuff. Like at the Halloween party...A friend of mine got attacked by a giant mechanical wolf thing. And there was a cemetery and junk..."

The Village

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff