Video evidence of Aikido's suckage. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:36 pm
http://www.comegetyousome.com/viewvid.php?id=1469

A Daitoryu Aikido master makes the claim that he can beat any MMA fighter and wagers 5,000 bucks to any who will accept his challenge. A karate instructor and Brazilian Jujitsu purple belt from Team Barbosa Jujitsu Japan accepts the challenge.

Funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 am
If you pit a pure fighter vs a mixed one the mixed will always win, it's very simple. No fighting style covers everything you need to know, punches, kicks, strikes, grapples, throws, locks, ect. It's better to have a wide range of training for every situation in the fight, then just rely on you opponent only coming at you with what your used to training against.  

Hylonomus
Crew

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:46 pm
That was funny. lol I don't know who Aikido is though...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 pm
xxchibi_overlordessxx

...it's not a person, it's a martial art style...

Hylonomus

If you pit a pure fighter vs a mixed one the mixed will always win, it's very simple. No fighting style covers everything you need to know, punches, kicks, strikes, grapples, throws, locks, ect. It's better to have a wide range of training for every situation in the fight, then just rely on you opponent only coming at you with what your used to training against.

...Unless the rules favored the pure fighter and not the mixed one. It's the rules that dictate the battle, if the fight was a non contact meditative DBZ style stare down as each fighter concentrated their chi, then obviously the chi master would have won [sarcasm]

I wonder what was going thru the mma guy's head, he seems to hesitate at first wondering if the chi guy's actually gonna try to defend himself.  

TaeKyon

Shin2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:59 pm
I wouldn't claim that Aikido as a whole style is bad or "suckage" I will say this though, a that "master" is not a true master, Martial Art is for ones self defence and physical benifets. But for a master to arrogantly wager matches is down right pitiful.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:23 pm
Shin2
I wouldn't claim that Aikido as a whole style is bad or "suckage" I will say this though, a that "master" is not a true master, Martial Art is for ones self defence and physical benifets. But for a master to arrogantly wager matches is down right pitiful.
NO! JUST NO!  

Shuma-Gorath

Roninofthewest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:00 pm
Shin2

Well said, but that wave your hands jedi, no touch knock out, stuff is pure bullshido. My instructor has shown us some of those wierd voodoo tricks and its all medical knowlege or physics at work. its wierd, but its not supernatural. it is amazing though how much we really dont know about the human body.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:33 pm
Shin2
I wouldn't claim that Aikido as a whole style is bad or "suckage" as ultimately it almost always depends on the fighters as most martial artists implicitly know but I will say this though, that "master" is not a true master, Martial Arts are for fighting and becoming a better fighter. But for a master to wager matches so that he may become a better fighter is down right commendable even if his fighting ability was pure bullshido.

fixed  

TaeKyon

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:40 pm
TaeKyon
xxchibi_overlordessxx

Gods, I feel stupid...lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:41 pm
TaeKyon
xxchibi_overlordessxx

Hylonomus

...Unless the rules favored the pure fighter and not the mixed one. It's the rules that dictate the battle, if the fight was a non contact meditative DBZ style stare down as each fighter concentrated their chi, then obviously the chi master would have won [sarcasm]

I wonder what was going thru the mma guy's head, he seems to hesitate at first wondering if the chi guy's actually gonna try to defend himself.

A real fight doesn't have rules. This is why the military teaches Marines and Special Forces a mix of many martial arts as well as modern combat systems to have the best, most effective way of dispatching an enemy hand to hand in any situation. This is for real fighting, not sparring.  

Hylonomus
Crew

Hylonomus
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:45 pm
Roninofthewest
Shin2

Well said, but that wave your hands jedi, no touch knock out, stuff is pure bullshido. My instructor has shown us some of those wierd voodoo tricks and its all medical knowlege or physics at work. its wierd, but its not supernatural. it is amazing though how much we really dont know about the human body.

Of course, I took Aikido. It has nothing to do with mystics or chi, it's just knowing how much pressure to put where in order to manipulate your opponent. I apply it to my normal mixed fighting style and use it when the oppertunity presents itself.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:11 pm
aikido does not suck, it's different yes, and not nessecerily practial in all ways, and by no means is it any better than any other martial arts, but some of us here do study it, I do, and have instructor level in it, it's worth the time invested in it, don't criticize something you don't know much about. Yeah, no kicks. Whoop de do. Not a flying jackie chan art, no, but I do say a master who thinks they are unbeatable is selfish, vain and that they are the ones who give any art a bad name. Just don't let the pot call the kettle black. Aikido is simply the art of joint manipulation, pressure points and defensive maneuvers, not really mystical, just physics and the strucuture of the human body. By the time you hit black belt in aikido, you'll know alot about the way the human body works, and how to keep people from using certain moves on you. I use in in live fights with no rules, if someone come at you with fists, use a two handed grip throw and get them 5 feet away from you so it takes them long enough to get up that you can leave. By no means is aikido perfect, but it's no worse than any other art by any means.  

nightwing773

Shin2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:57 pm
TaeKyon
Shin2
I wouldn't claim that Aikido as a whole style is bad or "suckage" as ultimately it almost always depends on the fighters as most martial artists implicitly know but I will say this though, that "master" is not a true master, Martial Arts are for fighting and becoming a better fighter. But for a master to wager matches so that he may become a better fighter is down right commendable even if his fighting ability was pure bullshido.

fixed

Touche, but how is it commendable for a master to wager fights with other martial artist just to prove a point? Martial Arts is not all about, I fight you, you fight me; but to beat yourself up. The better martial Artist you are the better PeaceMaker you should be.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:46 pm
Shin2
TaeKyon
Shin2

fixed

Touche, but how is it commendable for a master to wager fights with other martial artist just to prove a point? Martial Arts is not all about, I fight you, you fight me; but to beat yourself up. The better martial Artist you are the better PeaceMaker you should be.
Uh no.  

Shuma-Gorath

nightwing773

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:38 am
uh, yes. martial arts isn't just about people beating each other up, it's about knowing how to defend yourself, but avoiding the situation where you need to. Martial arts is made up of mental aspects, not just physical, and it makes you a better person in general if you accept that. Katsu Hayabi is a principle taught in Aikido, check it out.

Katsu Hayabi - "Victory at the speed of sunlight." According to the founder, when one has acheived total self-mastery (Agatsu) and perfect accord with the fundamental principles governing the universe (especially principles covering ethical interaction), one will have the power of the entire universe at one's disposal, there no longer being any real difference between oneself and the universe. At this stage of spiritual advancement, victory is instantaneous. The very intention of an attacker to perpetrate an act of violence breaks harmony with the fundamental principles of the universe, and no one can compete successfully against such principles. Also, the expression of the fundamental principles of the universe in human life is love (Ai), and love, according to the founder, has no enemies. Having no enemies, one has no need to fight, and thus always emerges victorious.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff