Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Would I be accepted? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SamiLMS1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 am
I need a bit of help here, I figured you guys could help me figure things out.

I was raised Christian, but over the last 5-6 years my faith has all but vanished. Recently for some reason I felt like a part of me was crying out to get it back. But it isn't that simple.

First, I'm afraid of being rejected. I'm openly gay, I don't believe it is a choice, and I will not live my life as a lie. I cannot just become straight and I will not live my life pretending to be someone I'm not. But I''m afraid that because of that, I will never be accepted by other Christians or by any church or anything. Not to mention a lot of my ideals don't fit the normal Christian profile - I believe in evolution, am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-stem cell research, etc.

So my question is...am I just a lost cause? Is there any way for me to still be me and still be accepted? I feel like I want my faith back, but I don't feel like I can do it alone, yet I'm not sure anybody out there would be willing to accept anybody like me without expecting me to change every aspect of who I am.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:37 am
nobodies a lost cause. God can work in anyone willing to change and willing to follow what he has planned for their life. everybody when they come to Christ (either for the first time or everytime) has some problems in their life, but if they are willing to obey God, have a repentive heart, and have a desire to grow closer to God then, yeah God can work through you and change your heart and life. we're not supposed to turn away from anyone just b/c of their past or something they are going through and having trouble with. we're supposed to encourage and support and be their when they need the help. so no we won't unaccept you for you who you are at the moment and we have faith that God will make you into a women for him....at least that's what i say. i guess i can't speak for eveyone else though. but welcome  

trinity343

genbounty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:44 am
SamiLMS1

I was raised Christian, but over the last 5-6 years my faith has all but vanished. Recently for some reason I felt like a part of me was crying out to get it back. But it isn't that simple.

First, I'm afraid of being rejected. I'm openly gay, I don't believe it is a choice, and I will not live my life as a lie. I cannot just become straight and I will not live my life pretending to be someone I'm not. But I''m afraid that because of that, I will never be accepted by other Christians or by any church or anything. Not to mention a lot of my ideals don't fit the normal Christian profile - I believe in evolution, am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-stem cell research, etc.

So my question is...am I just a lost cause? Is there any way for me to still be me and still be accepted? I feel like I want my faith back, but I don't feel like I can do it alone, yet I'm not sure anybody out there would be willing to accept anybody like me without expecting me to change every aspect of who I am.
Yes you would be accepted. God can forgive any sin, at any time, and anyplace. Not all christians may believe some things you do are right, but God can still forgive and accept  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:13 am
No, you are not a lost cause. I don't really bellieve ANYONE is a lost cause. As for feeling like you have to change everything about yourself... don't worry about that. At this stage in your life, I think it's important for you to be able to love yourself the way you are, and to look into beginning a new relationship with Christ. Explore Christianity on your own, and don't let ANYONE tell you you're a bad person. Look for Christ, and find out what He's all about in your life. Ask questions of people who aren't going to judge/condemn you for having different views. I'm more than willing to try to help if I can.  

Ablazed
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:52 am
No one's a lost cause. A lady at my chrch said "Just Love Jesus, it doesn't matter who you are, just love him. God will fix the rest."

I won't say you'll be accepted by other people, but if you love an fear him, you'll always be accepted by God. And that's all that really matters.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:09 pm
Actually, you sound a lot like me. At least, with the sexuality and the gay marriage bit. (And I'm pro-choice on a strictly legal, political level, although I think abortion is wrong.)

I know that I also thought for a long time that I was a "lost cause" when it came to being Christian, but over the past few years, I've realised how much I need that faith in my life. So will other Christians always accept you? No. Some Christians will act extremely un-Christ-like towards you, and unfortunately, that's just a reality you have to deal with. But you shouldn't let them push you away from God. And there are certainly pockets out there that are extremely kinf and accepting, regardless of their own personal beliefs.

But I think the most important thing to remember is that God loves you, regardless of what other people may say. And you need to let that be at the forefront of your mind.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Monergism

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm
SamiLMS1

There is a possibility that you maybe excommunicated because of your liberal beliefs. If you want to be accepted, you need to follow the Word of God and not your ideologies and opinions. Truly, if you want to have a relationship with the Father and Jesus Christ, you must deny yourself and do His will. You are not a lost cause. Pray to God, ask Him to open your eyes and show you the way of truth.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:32 pm
Baptist Holman

There is a possibility that you maybe excommunicated because of your liberal beliefs.
That depends entirely on what flavour of Christianity she decides to subscribe to.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Monergism

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:40 pm
SinfulGuillotine
Baptist Holman

There is a possibility that you maybe excommunicated because of your liberal beliefs.
That depends entirely on what flavour of Christianity she decides to subscribe to.

Well, it mostly depends on the Church she goes to and not "what flavor of Christianity."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:32 pm
I don't see how you can believe in evolution....or maybe I am thinking of something else....I don't know. Well, other christians don't matter at this point. It is making it right with God what counts. He left His word behind for us as though He has openly talking to us like a conversation just like the one you and I are having now.
My friend, we all sin and it makes us guilty and makes us feel unworthy (which is right because we are unworthy). But, the Lord is worthy and He wants to forgive you, love you, and for you to have Him in your life.
The first question you MUST ask yourself is if you are truly saved. Are you truly saved? When you first think you had taken on this christian faith did you really mean it? Or was this a family enhanced ordeal? To be able to be what you want to be you must take the first step. Although it seems you have because you say "Recently for some reason I felt like a part of me was crying out to get it back." That is the Lord calling out to you (Trust me I know). It is one of the most powerful feelings isn't it. It feels like....something just isn't right or something is missing in my life. My friend, the thing missing is Him and you are heading in the right direction.
My challenge for you is to read in a Bible each night (If you don't have one I am sure there is an online one.) and pray. You may feel guilty or even awkward for praying after this long period of time but the Lord WILL. He always listens. Also, stop by this site xanga.com/Prayrwarrior4U . That isn't mine but its my friends. You will learn so much more from her than me.
I hope I have helped. My name is Jenny by the way. I will be praying for you.
~your sister in Christ jenny~  

Tina_East_Rose

Berezi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:49 pm
SamiLMS1

Did it ever occur to you that you miss God? I know how that feels, when I don't talk to Him for so long that I forget what He sounds like, and then when I hear Him again it feels so wonderful.

God wasn't afraid to be rejected for you. God was. I hope you know the significance of Jesus' coming. He came from the lowliest place, fought unjustice in the religious system and was rejected because of that by his hometown and many of his own people, and then was mocked, beaten, and had his flesh torn off and his face beaten beyond recognition by people and as he was nailed to a cross in this state he was mocked yet again. The only reason he endured that was because his love for us was so powerful that he had to pay the price of our sin for us, if we take it. Afraid of being rejected? God already was, and for your sake.

Are you a lost cause? Nope. If you were, the cross wouldn't be there. If you were, God wouldn't have tried time and time again in the Old Testament (and in the New) to prove that He was powerful and meant it when He said He could renew hearts and forgive sins. If you PM me about it, I'll tell you more about what I've learned about the Old Testament. It's pretty awesome. =)

Are there people out there? Yes. I am one, for example. I think if God's got a problem with you He'll hammer it out (He's definetly done that with me). You remember what the two greatest commandments are, right? Love the Lord God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your soul and love your neighbor as yourself. Then, if you remember in this dialogue, the person he was talking with replied that to love god and love your neighbor is more than all the burnt offerings and sacrifices, and Jesus replied (in modern English lingo) "right on. You're not far from the kingdom of God at all." Also, there are Christians who will accept you, and if they don't this is a flaw on their part, not on yours. They have to embrace you before they can judge you. It's the same for you on their part, you've got to try before you say that they've rejected you.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:11 pm
Thank you for all your replies. You are right - I am wasting too much energy caring about what other Christians will think than the real issue here at hand.  

SamiLMS1

Nathan Young

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:37 pm
I'm full blown Baptist and I may be jumping over a fence and betraying others like me by saying this, but you are FAR from a lost cause. God wants you to believe in Jesus and what he did on the cross for you. It's simple! Believe in him and trust that he will mold you into one who will bring glory to him, and you're good to go. All it takes is believing not that God can, but that he will. In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say...about that."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:41 pm
SamiLMS1

you good by my book
but then again im a jew that was baptized catholic and 10 years later tossed out all the dogma BS for somthing that makes far more sence to me
so your cool by me and thankfully for you the ignorent hords don't burn things as offten as they once did
that was a bad joke i know but i got a kick out of it ....lolz burning  

lordstar

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 pm
NOBODY is ever EVER a lost cause. if you want to go back to church, go back to church. everybody else should just accept you for you, and be there for you no matter what.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff