Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:08 pm
Shira

Seeing him inside with Omoa she paused.

"Yakuti, Mafa has asked for your presence at her den. She wishes to speak with you. Better not doing anything stupid to jeopardize our place in this pack. You better build up your ranking or I will make sure you do."

At first her voice was soft, but it quickly returned to the cold tone she had always had. Silenced, she came to the corner and curled herself up. Now there was another who knew her secrets.....

Ever since the 'talk' Yakuti had with Shira the other day, he had been rather depressed. The blue hyena had been trying to keep his mind off Shira. At first it was because it was what she wanted, but before long it became for his own sake too. If he thought of her, he thought about how much it stung for her to yell at him... He had been talking to Omoa to keep his mind occupied.

His ears perked up as he heard Shira's voice. "Okay... Come on Omoa, you gotta come meet Mafa now." Yakuti said, trying to sound friendly to Omoa. It wasn't her fault that he felt terrible. "... See you, Shira..."

He left quickly and without another word, though making sure to explain to Omoa how to act around Mafa once they were a decent way from their den.

They walked for a while and eventually came upon Mafa's den, she wasn't there at the moment, but she would be soon. Yakuti and Omoa sat nearby and waited in silence for the Alpha to arrive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:25 pm
Following her talk with Shira, Mafa took a turn and headed toward the general direction of her den. She took the long way, being in a rather reflective mood after the encounter with the other female, her mind wandering on the troubles of her past. But, she knew she had to work through and around them, not let them soften her up. She'd get no where being soft, bending to everyone's whims. No, her ruling with an iron paw would be stronger than ever.

The female's brow furrowed in determination as she reached her den. Seemingly, someone had already beat her there. She squinted, quickly recognizing the intruder, letting her guard down slightly, it was only Yakuti. Boy, Shira's word traveled quickly. As she trotted regally into the boy's sight, she looked at him critically, thinking about what Shira had said about him. Little Yakuti, in love? And with such a beast as Shira? It was quite humorous, but who was she to judge on the boundries of love. The situation would work itself out. Mafa nodded, acknowledging the adol's presence, her voice monotonous,

"Word is you're due for a meeting. What is it Yakuti?"

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:47 am
Yakuti bowed his head respectfully towards the alpha as she approached. After a moment he raised his head to speak. "I've found my slave that you said I could get, it's small, but I can train it to scout things out when it grows a bit." He said, motioning for Omoa to come forward, and the little ratel pup obeyed.

"this is Omoa. I found her." He said with a nod.

The little ratel pup moved forward hesitantly, shivering slighly. there was somehting about Mafa that made her nervous, the feeling that if she wanted to, she could be snapped in half by those powerful jaws... Omoa sat there, eyes wide, and for once, her stubby tail was entirely still.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 pm
Mafa smiled inwardly as Yakuti showed his respect. It was refreshing, especially after spending even a slight amount of time with Shira, to see a being that was at her will. She nodded to the youth's comment, padding closer slowly.

"A slave? Well it's about time, Yakuti"

Mafa's head tilted up, thinking of her own slave, Kelello, that wild dog. She hadn't seen the thing in quite a while, other than the meeting with the other members. With a huff, Mafa noted to herself to get some training time in with the scourge, train her to be proper and obediant.

When the little animal emerged from behind Yakuti, Mafa was in truth, vaguely confused. She looked at the creature in silence, not moving at all, eyes blinking steadily. This animal was to help them fight the lions? It seemed like a small snack to her. There was a long silence before Mafa spoke,

"Is it.... lunch?"

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Yakuti forced himself to keep a neuteral expression on his face as she spoke, "No, it digs, at least I think so. It was in a hole in the ground, thought it was a rabbit hole at first." He said with a shrug.

"Won't be much help in a fight, but it could make for a decent lookout once it grows up a bit. Small, ya know? And inconspicuously colored too." He said, making sure that he was completely clear in making his point, being that she could be useful.

"Go on, Omoa, show respect to the alpha." He said sternly, seeing that she was merely staring and shivering in fright.

Lunch? She didn't like the sound of that at all. She had seen Yakuti eat lunch before, and quite frankly, it looked extremely painful for the creature being eaten.

The little ratel almost didn't notice Yakuti speak, but after a breif pause, she blinked and lowered her head, hoping against hope that Mafa would listen to Yakuti and not eat her.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:05 pm
More silence on Mafa's part, as she wasn't exactly sure on how to respond. It dug? Well... Mafa wasn't exactly sure about what that would do, until Yakuti kept explaining. . She supposed that made sense, in some round about way, but Mafa sure as hell wouldn't be hiding in any hole.

"Oh... Interesting"

Mafa wasn't sure about the worth of this animal at all, but Yakuti seemed to be rather proud of himself, the fact that he had control of another being. It was a good thing for him, so Mafa'd let it pass. Besides, the way he'd trained it so far, to be as comprehensive as it was pleased Mafa. Even this creature from who knows where knew she was the boss, and it was her it'd bow to.

"It'll do Rasuli, it'll do. Train it as you see fit, but you seem to be doing a fair job already. There'll be a hyena out of you yet..."

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:12 pm
Yakuti smiled, "Thank you, Mafa. I'll be sure to turn her into something useful." He said, looking to the shivering ratel, who still had her head bowed. He swished his tail slightly and thought momentarily about her father, Topas. He surely wouldn't like it if he found out his daughter was a slave, but at least she wasn't hurt.

Omoa remained in her akward looking bow. Her short neck barely made a difference when she bowed her head, so she had to bend her forelegs to make a noticable bow. The ratel didn't dare look up to see what was happening, all she knew was that Mafa seemed to like how she showed who was boss, so she remained in her submissive position.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:36 pm
Mafa nodded once more, taking Yakuti's words into deep account,

"You better Yakuti, but I do trust that you will..."

Her icy gaze passed over Omoa once again, inspecting the pitiful creature. Well, on the bright side, if the creature turned out to be a waste, she'd make an easy meal, Mafa would give it that. Pushing that thought aside for later, Mafa turned her attention back to Yakuti,

"Tell me, Yakuti, how have you been lately? Living with that Shira problematic or not?"

Mafa's tone held monotone, but her curiosity in the matter was apparent. Ever since she spoke with Shira not too long ago, she'd been wondering what Yakuti's side of the story was. And perhaps she'd coerse him out of it.

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:49 pm
Yakuti nodded at her first statement, glancing at Omoa. It was always good to submit to Mafa, but perhaps Omoa was overdoing it.

"Oh, I've been okay... Problematic? No, not really, I guess. I just talked with her the other day... It didn't go very well." He said, his ears pinning against his skull sadly. Yakuti shifted uneasily to one side as the sensitive subject came up, but he wouldn't show weakness, especially not in front of Mafa.

"But it isn't important... It doesn't matter anymore."

After the subject shifted from her, Omoa risked a glance upward, and scooted herself backward so that she was beside Yakuti. The ratel still remained silent and shivering, carefully watching Mafa with her purple eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 am
Mafa lifted her head, watching Yakuti carefully. He seemed to grow uneasy when this whole Shira topic came up, almost as if seemed to cause him a considerable amount of internal anguish. Mafa frowned. She didn't care all too much about the problems of others, but seeing this new comer putting such stress onto one of her older and more respected members did not sit well with the alpha.

"Didn't? Doesn't matter? What exactly does that mean?"

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:58 pm
Yakuti sighed, inside he knew that he could not lie to the alpha, not even if he wanted to. "It doesn't matter because nothing is going to change what happened, I was wrong, she was right, I shouldn't be worrying about love right now, it could get me killed." He mumbled, deliberately avoiding Mafa's eyes.

"I guess I'll get over it though, like I said, it doesn't matter." He said with a rough shake of his head.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:35 pm
Mafa's brow furrowed, her teeth showing slightly in a growl. That Shira, putting such ideas into his head, having him undermine himself. It was a shame, he was a good hyena, served her well.

"How do you know you were wrong? You know, she may seem tough, but she isn't all that knowledgable. I'm the one with the smarts around here, Yakuti, so if anyone is going to tell you that you're wrong, it's going to be me. Anyone else tells you, I wouldn't believe them."

Mafa huffed, shaking her head roughly, tossing her mane to the side. Mafa didn't exactly want ideas in his head that she herself didn't put there. Of course, the boy lived his own life outside of pack duties, but Mafa always liked having a say on all aspects.

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Yakuti thought for a moment, he hadn't considered the fact that he could have been right about it, he had only wanted Shira to be happy when that happened. "I don't know, I guess." He said, ears perking up slightly.

"Yes, of course, Mafa, you're right." He said with a nod, "I'll come to you if I need an answer before just beleiving others." He huffed, his voice losing some of the sorrow and his head raising, his confidance was beginning to return with the words of the alpha.

"So, do you think it's bad for me to love Shira?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:57 pm
A slow, triumphant smile slid onto Mafa maw, though it only stayed a few seconds. The alpha took a step towards Yakuti and his little pet, nodding, confirming the statement that she, in fact, was always right. To his question, Mafa shook her head, her eyes narrowing lightly,

"No, not at all. I don't believe in love, but for others, why should it be a thing of negative connotation? I suspect she's been hurt... Perhaps that is why she's so bull headed. Do your best Yakuti, mold her into an ideal pack member as best you know how."

Dagi

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:14 pm
For a moment, Yakuti glimpsed something he had never seen before, Mafa smiling. A rare occasion to be sure, but he said nothing of it.

"Well that's good, because I don't think I could stop if I wanted to..." Yakuti said, almost humorously, "Thank you, Mafa. You've made me understand much more, now I must take my leave if that's alright." He said, respectfully bowing his head. As he did so, he thought to himself about her other comment...

'She has been hurt... With Jamaa, she felt the way I do now, it must have been terrible. I can understand that she doesn't want it to happen again, I'm so selfish, bringing it back. Not to mention that I'm his son, it must be horrible for her...

[PUB] The Elephant Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff