Fred and George - good marks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chibi_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:11 pm
"Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny."
- Ron, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. Chapter 6.

Ron says this on the train to Harry during their first conversation. This means that J.K Rowling changed her mind. Since Ron scraped together more OWLs than the twins together if I remember correctly.

I just found it a bit interesting.

(Noticed it when I was listening to PS on the computer xd )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:40 am
If that was when the twins were in there third year...things can change. They could have been good but then maybe they got more into there jokes than school.

It doesn't mean that J.K. Rowling changed her mind, though she could have.  

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

chibi_chan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:51 am
True true, but still.
You sure they were in third?

I was just thinking, well in the fifth book the twins are supposed to be in the sixth year, right?

Since they said they are not coming back for their 7th year.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:02 pm
Yeah, they would have been about 12 years old. Not old enough to have invented most of their pranks. They are intelligent, and could have gotten tons of OWLs if they'd tried, but by that point, joking around was more important to them, so they just let their grades slide.

Or, at least, that's how I see it.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:34 pm
Wasn't it that, in the fifth book, the twins were in there seventh year but left before they could finish?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:01 am
Fred and George are two years older than Ron, two years younger than Percy.  

JayChambers

JayChambers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:02 am
Sakura_kura
Wasn't it that, in the fifth book, the twins were in there seventh year but left before they could finish?

Yes, it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:11 pm
Yea, because in Harry's fist year Percy was already a prefect and in Harry's third he was head boy.

JayChambers
Fred and George are two years older than Ron, two years younger than Percy.

Jade_364

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:36 pm
I doubt that she changed her mind lol... it's hard for a writer to remember every little thing that they've written, and it's a sort of jinx to reread your work.. most authors get writers block if they look back into their story to try and find something they've already done  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:06 pm
You know, I never really noticed that. That's interesting though!  

Garnet17th

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:59 pm
I never noticed as well, but hey I am sure there are a lot of things we have missed. (well I have lol) xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:45 pm
Little siblings often look up to their siblings. When Ron was 11, he probably knew that the duo was Smart, and assumed they got good grades....we now know that is not the case...  

fourtysecondscarf

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:26 pm
well, they are smart. hermione herself said that the items in their joke shop were extraordinary feats of magick. in truth, the twins are, in their own feild of intrest, a sort of genius. they just werent appreciated much for it, because it wasnt what most would consider an appropraite venture  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:23 pm
Aeariel
well, they are smart. hermione herself said that the items in their joke shop were extraordinary feats of magick. in truth, the twins are, in their own feild of intrest, a sort of genius. they just werent appreciated much for it, because it wasnt what most would consider an appropraite venture
exactly!

being brainy with a sense of humor comes at a price....*sigh* but they are SO COOL!  

fourtysecondscarf

DudexinxCameo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:23 pm
fourtysecondscarf
Aeariel
exactly!

being brainy with a sense of humor comes at a price....*sigh* but they are SO COOL!

I know. They are. And maybe, the were so busy inventing things, they never did school work or anything.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff