Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Christianity isnt a religion,lets see if i am right,read Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:31 pm
A true Christian,has a relationship with God And Christ.
So,as i found out,Christianity is a religion,its a relationship...

Anyone have any objections  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:26 pm
Hm... i think that depending on your beliefs some may believe that Christianity is a religion, where as others believe that it is a Relationship. In many ways it is a combination of both. God is not only just our saviour but He is also our friend when we need Him. He is there for you no matter what. and some people would think you daft when you say i have a "realtionship with Christ"  

daimazngrl

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 pm
People misuse the word 'Christian' these days. Being a Christian is simply believing in God with all your heart, mind, and soul.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:59 pm
according to dictionary.com

re‧li‧gion  /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

So is christianity a religion? you better believe it is. i mean heck, they even give it as an example in the definition.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Young T PHX 602

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:12 pm
Im a christian i believe in god with all of my heart and i would be willing to die for my god, plus i speak the same language as Jesus.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:47 am
I know that Christianity is a religion, but it makes me angry when people ask, "So you're really religious then?" or refer to me as "that religious girl." But I'm so much more than that. I am on-fire for God. I do love him completely with my soul, mind, and heart. I have an incredible relationship with him. In the society world, many people (not all) tend to think that being religious means that you go to church every Sunday. I have also been referred to as "the crzy religious girl." I don't want people to think I'm crazy. I am not ashamed to speak the gospel, and if people want to call me a "crazy" religious person because of it, then I guess I'll let them. So what I'm saying is that yes, Christianity is a religion, but religion also means doing the same thing pver and over, almost like you have to. I'm not a Christian because I was raised in a Christian home-which I wasn't-but because I choose to follow the Lord.  

barbiedoll13

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:48 am
barbiedoll13
I know that Christianity is a religion, but it makes me angry when people ask, "So you're really religious then?" or refer to me as "that religious girl." But I'm so much more than that. I am on-fire for God. I do love him completely with my soul, mind, and heart. I have an incredible relationship with him. In the society world, many people (not all) tend to think that being religious means that you go to church every Sunday. I have also been referred to as "the crzy religious girl." I don't want people to think I'm crazy. I am not ashamed to speak the gospel, and if people want to call me a "crazy" religious person because of it, then I guess I'll let them. So what I'm saying is that yes, Christianity is a religion, but religion also means doing the same thing pver and over, almost like you have to. I'm not a Christian because I was raised in a Christian home-which I wasn't-but because I choose to follow the Lord.
AMEN!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:33 pm
LRD_nick

Christianity is a religion. It does have rules. It isn't a cult! But you are correct. Christianity is more than a religion. It isn't just about the do's and the don'ts. They are important also. But it is all about a relationship. Your relationship with Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.  

jamesthelittle

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:03 am
SaintChaos

re‧li‧gion  /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

So is christianity a religion? you better believe it is. i mean heck, they even give it as an example in the definition.
I don't care how the world defines being a Christian. Being saved is not a religion. It is simply a RELATIONSHIP.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:03 am
-Sunset Wahine-
SaintChaos

–noun

I don't care how the world defines being a Christian. Being saved is not a religion. It is simply a RELATIONSHIP.
thank you!
and AMEN!

thats my point
we dont do werid ritulas
Sorry for the poor grammar
We dont bow,we pray,we talk to god....
Other religions,do worshipping things.

We pray and ask for guidence from God and Christ..
Not scarfice a pig!  

dirtdevilgrunt13

famusamu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:13 am
jamesthelittle
LRD_nick

Christianity is a religion. It does have rules. It isn't a cult! But you are correct. Christianity is more than a religion. It isn't just about the do's and the don'ts. They are important also. But it is all about a relationship. Your relationship with Jesus, G-d and the Holy Spirit.
AMEN!!! Christianity is the ONLY TRUE Religion. The rest are cults. We must a Pure and True relationship with the LORD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:18 pm
We were born into the world as sinners. Religios traditions and practices won't change that. Jesus will!  

Atarashi No Sensei

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:57 am
famusamu
jamesthelittle
LRD_nick

Christianity is a religion. It does have rules. It isn't a cult! But you are correct. Christianity is more than a religion. It isn't just about the do's and the don'ts. They are important also. But it is all about a relationship. Your relationship with Jesus, G-d and the Holy Spirit.
AMEN!!! Christianity is the ONLY TRUE Religion. The rest are cults. We must a Pure and True relationsgip with the LORD

O shoot me and call me bloody mary!
Thats a bunch of BS!
JESUS WAS A JEW!!!
HOW THE HECK DID HE MAKE IT TO HEAVEN?
HOW WAS HE OUR SAVIOR WHEN HE WAS A JEW???

What does a cult mean to you?!
A cult is a group DE DE DE!
KKK is a cult!

Jewish people isnt a cult!
Muslim isnt a cult!
Its a religion!!!

People can have different beliefes! with out going to hell!
I am willing to bet all saviors and gods sit at a table and discuss plans for everyone.
WHO BLOODY KNOWS!!!???!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:07 am
LRD_nick
famusamu
jamesthelittle
LRD_nick
A true Christian,has a relationship with G-d And Christ.

AMEN!!! Christianity is the ONLY TRUE Religion. The rest are cults. We must a Pure and True relationship with the LORD

O shoot me and call me bloody mary!
Thats a bunch of BS!
JESUS WAS A JEW!!!
HOW THE HECK DID HE MAKE IT TO HEAVEN?
HOW WAS HE OUR SAVIOR WHEN HE WAS A JEW???

What does a cult mean to you?!
A cult is a group DE DE DE!
KKK is a cult!

Jewish people isnt a cult!
Muslim isnt a cult!
Its a religion!!!

People can have different beliefes! with out going to hell!
I am willing to bet all saviors and g-ds sit at a table and discuss plans for everyone.
WHO BLOODY KNOWS!!!???!!!

1st of all I AM a Jew who believes in Jesus. He is the the ONLY One Who will keep you from hell! Y'shua (Jesus) came to earth as a Jew to fulfill the Jewish Scriptures.. the Tanach (OT). He fulfilled 324 Messianic Prophecies that are in the Tanach. you ask how He made it to Heaven.. well Y'shua is G-d who came in the Flesh (John 1:1-John 1:14.) The Bible says He was with-out sin. Y'shua preached to those who were in the grave who had died before He came and bore our sins (1 Peter 3:18-20). The Bible says that there is One G-d and Only One way to Heaven and that is through Y'shua (Jesus) (John 14:6)
Religion is mans failed attempt to commune with the Divine. The English word "religion" is derived from the Middle English "religioun" which came from the Old French "religion." It may have been originally derived from the Latin word "religo" which means "ritual," and other similar meanings. Or it may have come from the Latin "religãre" which means "to tie fast." The Greek Threskeia {thrace-ki'-ah} which is the word used for religion in the New Testament means ceremony preformed for fear of the deities. Religion is a ritual, Y'shua (Jesus) calls Christians to toss catechisms and prayer books and to have a pure undefiled relationship with Him and to be His Hands and Feet in this world.
Are muslims close to G-d? Well no because they don't worship the G-d of the Bible, the ONE TRUE G-D.They worship the 'allah', one of the names for the moon deity hubal, the g-d of the kaaba. They may appear to be 'g-dly' but really they are far from G-d because they deny the deity of Jesus, they deny He died on the Cross, and that He rose again. Good works, which many muslims do, won't get you into heaven, ONLY the shed blood of Jesus and asking Him as you LORD and Savior.
And what of Jews? The Bible says that good works aren't good enough to get them in Heaven. They await Messiah, but Messiah has come! The Bible says that in the Last Days that many Jews will turn back to G-d and come to the knowledge that Y'shua is LORD!
There are no 'g-ds' there is "yet to us there is One G-d, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and One Lord, Y'shua the Messiah, through whom are all things, and we live through Him." 1st Cor. 8:6 Hebrew Names Version

You asked who knows, well G-d knows and we who believe His Word know.  

famusamu

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:26 pm
Hate to brake it to you,but every jew believes in jesus christ
De de de  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items