Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lord Soth blended in with the darkness that came with the night, almost as if they were companions and perhaps, in these dark times, they were indeed just that. The ebony stallion was a cursed creature, though not in the way of the Skinwalkers. His heart was cursed. He felt little emotion and what he did believe he felt, he did not know if they were real. They could merely be fragments of memories haunting his heart, forever echoing the sadness of the life that was no more.

He was a terrifying creature. Something unnatural came from within and could be told when one looked into his eyes. The red orbs glowed naturally but were more noticeable and more radiant when the night had fallen. Not only that but this evil creature had strange attachements to his legs, each one with a menacing spike portruding from it. The armor seemed to shine in the moonlight, in a deadly reminder of what this stallion could be capable of.

Around his neck was a decoration similar to the ones the Kalona wear, yet this was no Kalona. Could it be that he was birthed from the same evil? Or could it be a marking that he is ostracized from the rest of the soquilis, left alone to lament his curse?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:38 pm
User Image

Curiousity at first drew him, and then a vague sense of dread. He was not so faint hearted as to completely avoid what drew him here, what drew him to observe the black stallion. Brimstone was a male of few words when the temperment suited him, and when it didn't he was irritating as he could be. Intentionally. Purposefully. He detested Soquili in general. The only one who had managed to win points with him was his brother, and they shared a common rivarly, and a banter that amused them both. He wondered now, as he paced across the ground, whether it was a mistake to approach this piece of the night. Darkness.

Brim was almost completely black himself. He was lacking in just a tiny bit of pigment. Were it not for that slight difference of tone, their hides would have seemed identical. And he was fire, he was hell, he was fury. Yet... also, he was caution, cautious. So it was strange that he'd decided to attempt to strike up a conversation with someone who did not seem (outwardly) to want to enage in one. He flicked his tail, sending sparks flying into the night, the only light besides the glow of red before him.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:53 pm
Lord Soth was ice where the stallion approaching him was clearly fire. But Soth's chill could not be heated and a Nightmares flame could not be chilled. He learned this when he had travelled with some Nightmares years ago. They had been part of a small army he led and were a fine group to have at his side.

To find one in this area though was shocking. He hadn't seen a Nightmare since his army had returned to wence they came when services were rendered. He didn't recognize the one approaching him as a member of his army so he could prove to be a potential threat. Still, this land was proving more interesting by the day.

"Greetings, dark one," Soth called out. This would be an interesting enounter.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:59 pm

"Greetings," Brimstone replied, now made more curious than ever. Could it be that this dark stranger, this stallion of ice and metal regalia knew something of him, or his kind? His form of address could have been purely coincidental, but there was the slight possibility that it was not. What a fascinating concept. Truly, those around him knew little of what he was, what Hellfire was. He approached Lord Soth, but kept at just enough of a distance to satisfy him. There was not a flicker of recognition in the Nightmare's eyes. He did not know this stallion, this stranger. This oddity among oddities.

Yet he was inclined to see what the evening could hold for him. Nothing would suit him but that he discover just what this being was, and what that meant for the land. Something simmered (an amusing description for one frozen of heart) beneath the surface, and begged him to discover it. He could not resist the temptation.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:37 pm
It didn't appear as if the Nightmare was going to attack. Not that Soth expected to be attacked though it was always better to be on one's guard. Perhaps it was a sign really, the dark gods telling him that he needed to prepare a new army to wreak havok upon the land. A Nightmare would make a fine addition to such an army.

Why else would a Nightmare be in this land, let alone drawn to him? Soth didn't want to be presumptuous though. He had seen some darker herds, though most seemed to be race oriented. Why was no such thing around that was alignment based? An evil army would be where the real power would be at, those connected by shared ideas and beliefs, not by what they look like.

It would be so easy to rule these lands.. with the right soquilis at his side.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:51 pm

What precisely did one say to a being who was clearly uninterested in speech? Brimstone weighed his thoughts, weighed his potential words. He was now less worried about his hide than he was intrigued by Soth's behavior. What was the dark Soquili thinking? It seemed to him that he was indeed thinking, or else sizing the Nightmare up. That was less likely by far. A creature like that one had no fears for someone like himself. Which, really, was quite different. He was unused to seeming innocuous to a fellow Soquili.

Perhaps it was his fiery appearance that tended to throw them off. It was just as well, really. Brim did not have any compunctions about being brutal towards those that irritated him. For now, he held his peace. It would do him more harm than good to draw Lord Soth into small talk (even if he had been inclined to do so), and there was more to be read by observation alone.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:47 pm
Soth took a few steps forward, his gaze never faltering off Brimstone. "I came here to find peace.. but it seems peace refuses to find me. Perhaps you are a sign of what is meant to be." It wasn't much but it was some communication. Soth had to do some thinking. If there as a single Nightmare in the area, perhaps there was more. It might not be enough to have an army, but it would be enough to start one.

Then again, didn't he come to this land in search of peace? To finally die and lose the life that caused him nothing but agony? Why was it so easy to think about an army again and continue his reign of evil?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:27 pm

"Perhaps I am, perhaps I am not. I am not myself war." No, Brimstone was much more inclined towards other pursuits, certainly. What did this stranger want of him? The Nightmare was nearly positive that Lord Soth knew of what he truly was. Few among the Soquili could claim that knowledge, yet in those glowing crimson eyes, there seemed to be a recognition of his breed. Perhaps it was only his imagination. Indeed, Brim did tend to over think matters. "You seem familiar with my kind." He made the statement baldly, without the disclaimers and pussyfooting that so many others were fond of utilizing.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:49 pm
"I have known many of your kind. Nightmares they were called and aptly named. They served under me. No, that is not necessarily true, though I was in command, they served at my side. They could be relied on when goals were agreed upon, and that's not something I can say for many creatures." Soth had no real feelings that he knew of so he didn't really miss the nightmares he had known or the army he had led. There was however an emptiness in his life which came with being alone once more. That thought almost made him laugh. He was always alone, had been since he was cursed. Perhaps the army had just given his life meaning at the time. Perhaps that was what was missing now.

"What are your goals, here?" Soth asked curiously. Perhaps this flaming stallion had his own plans of dominating the land. Usually everyone had a reason for existing, didn't they?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:08 pm

"This land is new to me. I have not yet laid out plans for its use, and am devoting my time primarily to exploring it and discovering what I may of it." Brimstone would never reveal his brother's existence to a potential enemy, and everyone he met carried that role at first. He was not one who trusted easily, or quickly. Nor was his trust readily earned once lost. This new stallion seemed interesting enough in his ideology, but Brim had yet to discover what exactly he wanted.

Thus far, Soth's comments led the Nightmare to believe that this was a male who had once been quite powerful. No, that was not exactly correct. He seemed powerful, even now. But it was a personal power, whereas what Lord Soth let fall of his background suggested that he had once had great power over others. It was a position that in some ways appealed to the black stallion. "My kind are not well known in this area. In fact, there is little here to draw them."

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:11 am
"If you've seen one stretch of land.. you've seen them all," Soth rasped out in his cold, usual way. He had travelled to many places in his life and all the land seemed similar. Soquilis as well. There were only a few others and locations that had stood out to him.

"If you ever grow bored of this dreary existance, seek me out. Perhaps.. an arrangement could be made. You'd do well in an army. Your kind always do." Soth really hadn't made up his mind yet about the Army but it was a growing interest of his lately. How would the soquilis in this land react to such an army? Was it wrong to create that kind of hostility.. that kind of excitement? At least such things made him feel... more alive than usual. Though hadn't he had enough of that in his life as was?

Lord Soth yearned for peace. He assumed that would come only with his death. Perhaps in an army, he would approach another that would be strong enough to defeat him.. to kill him. He could only die honorably in battle. There was no other way.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:32 am

"You have an alternative?" Brimstone raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "I might be willing to join such an army, providing that it was led by the right sort of General." He was, quite frankly, bored. Also, the lives of the Soquili around him barring one were completely without importance to him. He had a cool disdain for the majority of them, and those that he did not ignore he decried. He had not met any Skinwalkers, and the one Kalona he'd interacted with was a pitiful example of the breed. Thus far, there was really nothing to hold him back from throwing in his lot with Soth.

No one and nothing but Hellfire. He would have to speak with his brother at some point, really. He was not willing to volunteer him, or recommend him, but he did wish to confer with Hell. "This land has seen chaos of late. It has been shaken up, left in a state of mayhem." It would probably be easy to conquer. The occupants were off balanced, unhinged. Under prepared.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:23 pm
"It would make things easier on us, though easier is not what I'm going for. Easier defeats the purpose of a true conquer. However, If we were to take over the land, it might motivate others to band together.. ah, that would be glorious. To face down adversaries and win is a true testament of one's might. There's pride in that, honor in it as well. If no such opponents come forth, then there's knowing that we are the strongest. What is the use of being evil, if not to gloat? If not to have power? If not to be the best? What is the use of enjoying it without honor and knowing that it was fairly done? That it was truly earned?" Soth didn't mean to come off as preaching. There were many that would fight just for the power. That would kill without thought, kill others that were not fighting. Soth preferred there to be a fair fight, for victories to be earned. They were all the sweeter that way. He wondered if that would be something this nightmare would be interested in.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:03 pm

"It would only be easier at first, but the recent attacks have put the populace on guard, which would provide a suitable opposition I think." Brimstone was somewhat amused by how passionate Soth seemed about the subject. He was waxing eloquent, really. The Nightmare did not have so great a need for honor, but he did enjoy a real challenge. And it was entirely possible that this set of circumstances would work out for the best. "We would start out with the advantage, but we could not hope to keep it without sufficient forces or well devised strategies."

And that, really, was key. Were there enough evil Soquili around who would be interested in joining such an army? What sort of recruits might be found for it? A good share of the more evil types were not interested in being followers in any situation. Really, all of it was an amusement to Brim. Yes, there was glory in combat, yes there was satisfaction in victory... but on his best days he found it difficult to move himself to emotion unless that emotion be disgust or disdain.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm
"Aye, I have caught wind of the many threats of this land. The Skinwalkers and Kalona being top of the list. I have never fought with a Skinwalker, nor know what the hell they are, but I am confidant that they can be taken out as can anything else. Nothing is indestructable. All that is needed, as you mentioned, is strategy."

Soth wasn't disappointed by this Nightmare. He decided it was finally time to make it known as to who he is. "My name is Lord Soth," he stated finally. "I suppose if we are to discuss future plans together, we should know who we are dealing with."

Soth scanned the horizon. If an army was to be, it would need followers. He would have quite a task ahead of him. Most of the soquilis he had seen around were not up to par to being army material.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff