Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want gold?
  YES!!!
View Results

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:23 pm
I was sent a message and I thought hay I will do a post about it.

A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts :

1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed . They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common targets.

2) The second thing men look for is clothing . They will look for women who's clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around specifically to cut clothing.

3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.

4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5:00a.m. and 8:30a.m.

5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store parking lots . Number two is office parking lots/garages . Number three is public restrooms.

6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.

7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.

icon_cool.gif If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming .

9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas , or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.

Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.

10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it, or make general small talk: "I can't believe it is so cold out here", "we're in for a bad winter." Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target.

11) If someone is coming toward you , hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP or STAY BACK ! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they'd leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back . Again, they are looking for an EASY target.

12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.

13) If someone grabs you , you can't beat them with strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm (between the elbow and armpit) OR in the upper inner thigh VERY VERY HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands - the guy needed stitches.

Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it; it hurts.

14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy's parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you'll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble, and he's out of there.

15) When the guy puts his hands up to you , grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.

16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don't dismiss it, go with your instincts!!!

You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Facts About Rape Every two minutes another women is raped in America.
# 81% of rape victims are white
# 18% are black
# 1% are of another race
# 45% of rapists were drinking or on drugs during the rape.
# 29% of rapists use weapons.
# 75% of rape vicitims need medical attention after they are raped.
# 86% of women knew their rapist before they were raped.
# In 1996, 307,000 women were rapoed, yet only 31% of those women reported their rape.

RAPE PREVENTION

http://www.rapeescape.com/articles.htm

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/428/428lect18.htm

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesprofile.htm

I wont bother adding self defence techniques for people who have no training it's best to find a school and ask some one to show you things that you should learn also there are lots of pages on the net that show very simple ways to fight back.

If any one has info they can add go for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:46 pm
Wow..that's some pretty good info for girls out there.  

choylifutsoccer

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:15 am
Thanks, I live in England but I'm sure most of the facts are similar. If you think about it, they do make a lot of sense really. If a guy was going to try anything then the first shot would be for either this groin or his eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:46 pm
One thing I will add if it didn't say I was told never let any one take you some where fight where you are you have more chances there than letting them take you some place they feel is safe. Eye attacks and hits to the groin will help a lot also I sugest a good kick to the knee if you break their leg they wont be running after you and may still be there if you get help fast.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:36 am
Wolf3001
One thing I will add if it didn't say I was told never let any one take you some where fight where you are you have more chances there than letting them take you some place they feel is safe. Eye attacks and hits to the groin will help a lot also I sugest a good kick to the knee if you break their leg they wont be running after you and may still be there if you get help fast.

Yes ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:32 am
my school just did as Womens self defense course and we have pictures of me having the crap beign beating out of me. I always volenteer for the seminar because it is a way to give back to the community, and i can vouche for where i live, most of the women are good at defending themselves.

I have some pictures...
Women's self defense seminar  

iamagiraffe

choylifutsoccer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:19 pm
My Sifu told me that there are other "hearts" located in the armpits, under the foot, and the temples. Striking those points might kill someone. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:19 pm
Well he is talking about points that deal with the heart but ya hes right I know some of that stuff most of what I hear is that a lot of points must be hit at different times for them to work. I don't know how true that is but there are points that can kill some from what I hear release toxic crap into your body more than what it's suposed to and you get sick and die it's a delayed death touch. I don't remember names of points and things like that just where they are some I can't remember what all they do I don't care much at this time I wouldent use them unless I had to. On the back of the head just below your skull the base of the back of your head whear the back of your neck starts. There is a point that when hit will knock you out. This point is where people in movies hit you with the but of their gun or a black jack. Behind the ear in the pit behind the earlobe on your neck if you put a finger up into that spot you sould feel the edge of your jaw bone behind your ear push in and it will cause pain.

There are things called sealing the breath and sealing the blood I think is one of them to. Sealing the breath are techniques that make it so you can't breath the other stops the blood from flowing properly. I have heard you can cause clots so the blood flows to one place but just builds up Kiss of The Dragon style like what Jet Li did with the needles. I have seen on videos and on TV people hit you and the muscles around your lungs tighten making you unable to breath taping the sides of the body makes the muscles relax again. These techniques take years of study and I feel are on a different level than what most of us do I am learning some of these things but I know there is much more to it than what I have been taught. These are the skills of true Masters you wont see people in mixed MA fights do this kind of thing realy I have not seen any of those guys use pressure points.

Pimp learns about the bodys weak points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuohySzb9Wk  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

mindsage25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:04 am
would it be ok for me to send this to a few people (via myspace and whatnot?) ps. with the multiple strikes for pinpointing certain targets...you can make someone s**t themselfs automaticly! just from a lower rib armpit placement and some arm and shoulder pressure points!!!

although ive only heard rumors...no one knew the placements because the instructer coverd a few of the pressure points so people couldnt see...he didnt want some of the delinquents to see how to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:14 am
Wolf3001
Well he is talking about points that deal with the heart but ya hes right I know some of that stuff most of what I hear is that a lot of points must be hit at different times for them to work. I don't know how true that is but there are points that can kill some from what I hear release toxic crap into your body more than what it's suposed to and you get sick and die it's a delayed death touch. I don't remember names of points and things like that just where they are some I can't remember what all they do I don't care much at this time I wouldent use them unless I had to. On the back of the head just below your skull the base of the back of your head whear the back of your neck starts. There is a point that when hit will knock you out. This point is where people in movies hit you with the but of their gun or a black jack. Behind the ear in the pit behind the earlobe on your neck if you put a finger up into that spot you sould feel the edge of your jaw bone behind your ear push in and it will cause pain.

There are things called sealing the breath and sealing the blood I think is one of them to. Sealing the breath are techniques that make it so you can't breath the other stops the blood from flowing properly. I have heard you can cause clots so the blood flows to one place but just builds up Kiss of The Dragon style like what Jet Li did with the needles. I have seen on videos and on TV people hit you and the muscles around your lungs tighten making you unable to breath taping the sides of the body makes the muscles relax again. These techniques take years of study and I feel are on a different level than what most of us do I am learning some of these things but I know there is much more to it than what I have been taught. These are the skills of true Masters you wont see people in mixed MA fights do this kind of thing realy I have not seen any of those guys use pressure points.

Pimp learns about the bodys weak points.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuohySzb9Wk
The only reason i can think of that pressure points are used in MMA is because they are excited and for the most part rather do a joint manipulation so if the person doesnt give up...then they break something.  

mindsage25

diseased robot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:43 pm
wow i never knew that it has so much info and that pinching thing under the elbows man... my instructer does that if i make a mistake User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:07 am
KuroiRyuu04
my school just did as Womens self defense course and we have pictures of me having the crap beign beating out of me. I always volenteer for the seminar because it is a way to give back to the community, and i can vouche for where i live, most of the women are good at defending themselves.

I have some pictures...

lol! If those suits were green you'd all look like TMN Turtles rofl  

Mangafairy

iamagiraffe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:06 pm
Mangafairy
KuroiRyuu04

I have some pictures...

I never thought of that... ^.^ I now have a photoshop project  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:15 pm
KuroiRyuu04
Mangafairy
KuroiRyuu04

I have some pictures...

I never thought of that... ^.^ I now have a photoshop project
my instructor had a great/silly idea of sparring in those suits... it would be really hard to do any kick and my body temp would sky rocket just moving close for punches and kicks...^.^  

iamagiraffe

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:39 am
I tought about seting up a womens self defense class some day when I feel like I can. I think that would be the best way to pick up girls I ask them out as they kick my a**. I am surprised at how few girls I see in my school it seems bad to me that more women don't get into martial arts until after an attack. I have heard all sorts of storys of guys beating up girls. one of the girls in my area was stabbed multiple times she lived but if she knew how to deal with the attack it may not have been so bad there is a good chance the guy had hit her before.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff