Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
[PRP] Fun in the Sun Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:59 pm
The sun was peeking out from behind the horizon, winking as rays of sunlight spilled over the still sleepy earth. The coolness of night still clung in the air, but that would be gone soon, along with the silence of darkness. Everywhere creatures were awakening, rejuvinated after their long night of slumber.

Somewhere at the edge of the graveyards a hyena pup was already awake. His eyes scanned the horizon, his nose taking in the first wiff of the misty morning air. Zin, that's his name, was wandering the land, like so many other creatures these days. Its not a glamorous life, no its not, but for the young, curious pup, it was enough to satisfy his appetite for adventure.

His paws carried him silently over the dusty earth, one of the many, many steps he would take today. The pup was not expecting to encounter anyone today, but maybe he would. On the lonely road of his journey, encounter a friendly soul was a rare treat. Maybe he will run into another creature today, maybe even someone interesting enough for him to imitate. Yes... copycating was fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:21 pm
The black hyena walked slowly towards the elephant graveyard, a shadow on the horizon. Upon closer inspection one would notice the many coats of dust trapped within her fur, tainting it a soft brown. Her steps were slow and choppy each one seeming to be specificly placed upon the dark earth.

She found her mind wandering and for a moment thought herself to be much like Anga'fisi the wandering sky goddess that the young hyena worshipped. Lamyae was new into her adult hood and was easily swayed by things that came her way. She was, in her own right, a self proclaimed prophet, although whether she actually had any ability was the question.

Her young eyes easily spotted the little pup as she walked and she hesitated to whoop and call out to him or her, her better judgement said that he was perfectly fine.

"Hello there," she whooped loudly, assuming that if she were loud enough it would scare away any predators.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:49 pm
Zin's mind had started to wander... about his past, about his future, and before long his paws had taken over. He stumbled along, paw after paw, one after the other. When suddenly a voice interupted him and set him halting in his path. It was a whooping sound, loud and distinctive, cutting through the morning quietness.

Looking up, the pup's eyes came upon another hyena. Another one of his own kind. What a lucky day, must have been the thought that was passing through his head at that distinct moment, what a lucky day today is. The day was still young, and there stood, a little way off to his left, a hyena. Zin was excited; he hadn't ran into many hyenas on his travels. The creature was clearly older than him, and Zin perceived an air of authority about it. Yet the pup was sure it meant him no harm, call it a gut feeling if you will, but he was sure.

Zin scurried toward her, as young ones often do in their youthful excitment and hotheadedness. "Hi!" he called out, tail swooshing back and forth behind him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:05 pm
A large smile spread across her dark maw, white teeth glistening in the morning light. She couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle sound that seemed to be coming deep from within her throat. As he neared she acknowledge that it was indeed a hyena, and it was a him. Her thoughts had halted all together, her compassion for today's youth had consumed her thoughts, and she was quickly beginning to worry for his safetly.

She stepped back slightly as she rushed towards him, not realizing his intentions at first. Composing her demeanor she glared down at the young hyena inpectively. He was young, probably still in his baby years; the close sight of him froze her mind with a picture of the great goddess giving birth, the walker of the skies had left a young male welp upon the earth. She was undoubtably dellusional.

Quickly coming to her senses, "Hello, where are your parents. Young one?" she said bluntly.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:23 pm
Half a dozen more steps carried Zin with in twenty feet of the other hyena. It was clear to the pup now that this hyena was a she; it was one of those inate things. Maybe it was her posture, or maybe her scent, but she was definitely a female. The pup saw a smile spread across her face, and soon, a delightful grin was creeping up upon his own face.

The grin however, transformed into a look of baffleness as a distant, sureal look entered the other's eyes. Zin didn't like that look; something about it was peculiar, peculiar and unnatural. He scooted back a tad bit, still watching the other with interest.

"I... don't think I have parents," He began, his shoulders hunching down as if defending himself. Why did everyone he meet ask about his parents? The pup wondered to himself. Truthfully to his knowledge, he had never had the assuring presence of parents in his life, and lacking them, he made do as best as he could. "My name is Zin," he added a minute later. Just incase she wanted to know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:33 pm
She shifted the weight her weight between paws uneasily, he had recoiled from her, surely she was nothing to be afraid of? A humble grin faltered and for a brief moment a look of confusion crept across her visage.

"I only ask because little ones shouldn't be traveling alone," she tried her best at a mothering tone and sadly failed, "I am Lamyae, you may call me Lam if you like. It's a pleasure to meet your aquaintance little one." The natural tone and speech pattern of her voice was short and choppy. "Are you hunrgy? I saw a perfectly good gazelle laying near here, she smell fresh from where I stood."

Lamyae lifted a paw gesturing in the general direction. She would have liked to be more motherly, and friendly to others but it didn't seem to be in her nature. No matter how hard she tried to be like the one she admired she sadly failed each time. She would help any creature if need be, and was not above offering her services.

"I'll show you, if you need."

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:45 pm
"It's nice to meet you, Lam," the pup nodded with enthusiasm. The female seemed nice enought, although Zin must say he can't see her as a mother. A big sister though, that was his first impression of her. Sensing that his retreat was the cause of her uneasiness, Zin glanced at Lam apologetically. He hadn't meant to make her nervous, it was just that the sudden distant in her eyes had startled the pup. It was nothing probably, Zin was sure he had those moments too.

Shrugging as Lam mentioned the dangers of little ones traveling along, Zin peered toward the direction Lam had pointed. Gazelle? He loved gazelle! Well, it was probably more correct to say that he loved food, but for a growing pup like him, he was sure it wasn't a bad thing. And truth be told, food, especially fresh food, was hard to come by these days. Zin usually just scavanged, and as a last resort, found the taste of bugs mildly displeasing but tolerable. So when the female hyena offer to take him for food, he jumped at the chance, curteously of course.

"Yes please," the pup answered joyfully, mouth already starting to salvate.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:59 pm
The dark hynea acknowledged that he wanted the gazelle and slowly turned and started in the direction she had pointed. She wasn't exactly sure what to say to him, and was deteremined to keep silent until he had a question.

So in silence she walked, glancing at the little creature.

(Sorry, short post, they'll be longer next. I got a Seer roll for Lam and she's a seer!! <3)  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:57 pm
Skipping along after the dark hyena as she led the way, the pup surveyed his surroundings wondering what force had bought the female and him together. In silence they walked, Lam in the front, and Zin following closely behind. As he walked, the hyena pup was trying to imitate Lam's posture and the two trotted along. Through his time of copycatting, Zin had noticed that few things varied more from individual to individual than their posture; often Zin was reminded of creatures he had met in the past by the strangers he encountered on his travels. Though Lam brought up no memories.... she was unlike anyone he had ever met before.

"So..." the little hyena said, uncomfortable in the silence, "where were you headed?"

(('grats! *should get Zin a roll too*))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:48 pm
"I travel from place to place, telling others about the great goddess that portects all hyenas," she smiled, preaching others was truely her element. There was a distinct way that she walked, head held high and gracefully one foot infront of the other.

"I feel that the Goddess speaks to me, and when she does she tells me to tell others," she nodded. The smell of the dead gazelle had started the drift to her nostrils and it was clearly visible laying within the bushes.

"See, there you go, my child."

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:07 pm
As Lam started to speak, something changed about her. And Zin noticed too, staring at the female with a mixture of awe and wonder. She became serene as her voice started to flow out, filling the silence that had be around them. The pup listened intently, although what she said was quite new to him.

Zin had never know there to be a great goddess that protected all hyenas before. In fact, he felt many times alone as he journeyed the land, sometimes without another life for days. "Who is the great goddess?" Zin felt compelled to ask before drifting toward the gazelle, led by his nose.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:15 pm
Lamyae had a screw loose if there ever was such a thing, she thought thatr Anga'fisi lived within her and spoke to her. Although she really did have a gift it was hard to explain to others about what she saw through her delusions.

"Anga'fisi is the walking goddess in the sky," she walked forward following the pup, "she gave birth to all hyenas and thus she has to protect them, she is like a huge mother."

Whether Anga'fisi actually was real was to be debated, but in Lamyae's heart of hearts she knew the goddess protected her.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Zin paused for a second as Lam spoke about Anga'fisi, for a moment forgetting his hunger and the swirling smell of dead gazelle about them. "ALL the hyenas?" the pup asked, wide eyed and mystified, ".... so.... she's my.... mother?" That was hard to believe, and hard to swallowing even for a mind as young and impressionable as Zin's. Though, it could be true, for all he knew, he'd never knew who his mother was or met her before.

"Wouldn't that mean.... all the hyenas in the land are related?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:32 pm
"She's a figurative mother, it means that she acts as a mother and has adopted every hyena that will take her," she beamed wanting to go on but unsure what to say to the new little one, "she appoints mothers to puppies that have lost their way."

Lamyae sat down next to the gazelle and smile plastered to her maw, it was a smile of happiness at being able to help another hyena, and she couldn't help but to yet again compare herself to Anga. She weighed her words quietly before continuing.

"Zin, do you know where your family is?"

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Sip O Tea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:00 pm
Being the young, ignorant pup that he is, Zin natually had trouble understanding the whole concept of a figurative mother. Although he had heard talltales of the powerful kings and queens of distant lands from the various travelers he had met before. "So... is she the queen of the universe...?" The pup was trying hard to understand.

Taking his snout out of the dead gazelle carcass for a minute, Zin looked at Lam. He chewed, and thought about her question. And after swalling the ball of shredded meat in his mouth, he licked his snout.

"No, I don't" he answered finally, a hint of sadness entering his eyes.

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff