Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
[PRP] Of Coming Rainfall .: Mteuli and Chamiyu :. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:20 pm
The grasslands stretched for miles, as far as the eye could see. Only a lone tree here and there ever invaded the flow of gold and green, like pillars in a sea. Dark gray clouds rolled overhead, blotting out the sun and making it seem as if evening had come early. The seer male wasn't fooled and new that the weather had taken a turn for the worse.

He lifted his head to gaze upwards with pools of green. Rain would be coming soon and there was no shelter in sight! It was times like this he missed his jungle home with the huge, overhanging branches and leaves. "I suppose I am to be rained on," He said with a dramatic flurish and a wave of his paw. A smile curled at the corner of his maw in spite of himself, however. Life on the road never ceased to be exciting, it seemed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:32 pm
In front of him, in the distance, a black shadow moved quickly across the plains. It was Chamiyu and she was cold, sad, and lonely. Where was a place that she could sleep away from the rain? She couldn't go into the pridelands, she didn't dare venture away. The rocks offered no shelter and the tree's limbs were too sparsely spread apart.

"Where could I go?" She wondered aloud. Then, giving up, the black female dropped where she was running and curled up on the ground, asaulted by the rain and cold. She laid a sad head on her paw and stared out at the grey weeping sky.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:44 pm
Mteuli continued to move as the rain finally began to come down. He was soon shivering a little in the cold, the water seeping through his thick mane and sandy coat. He chuckled to himself, thinking of how his brother would scold if he saw him out in the rain like this. "It's not as if you can help it, dear clouds," he murmured as he looked above with a shake of his head.

He slowed his pace a little when he saw a shape sitting the grass not far away. He blinked, a small frown touching his maw delicately. "Miss, is everything alright?" He questioned softly, his voice smooth and warm as silk. His posture was far from threatening and he didn't seem the type to be anything but friendly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:59 pm
Chamiyu resembled something like a fish jumping out of water when she heard a deep resonant voice behind her, giving out a loud wail in surprise. Spinning around to face him, body pressed to the ground and poised to run with ears flattened against her head, Chamiyu resembled a child. She was completely soaked from the rain and her fur stuck to her like wet fabric. Her blue eyes widened in fright of the tall, smoothly built lion and she lost her words for a moment as she took in his picture. Gulping with her maw quivering and teeth clinking together, the black lioness continued to try and speak.

"I-I...I was trying t-to get away from t-the rain..." She tried to explain amid her shivers.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:00 am
Mteuli paused where he was, though it looked as natural as if he had planned to do so all along. He didn't want to startle her any more then the had...not that he was very happy about scaring her in the first place. While it couldn't have been helped, he disliked his lack of tact.

"I do believe we a kindred spirits there," Mteuli murmured, keeping his voice open and friendly without any trouble. His gentle nature made it so being impolite was harder then anything else. "I too am searching for shelter though I believe...you look as if you need it more, my dear." Despite the care he put into his words they flowed as smoothly and easily as if he hadn't thought at all. He was very suited to the art of speach.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:34 am
His gentle voice seemed to weave a net of comfort around the befuddled and shivering lioness. Calming down almost instantly, as if the lion's words worked like magic, Chamiyu pulled herself up from the ground and tried to make herself presentable. A lock of her long black bangs slipped over one light blue eye and she shook her head to get the wet mop out of her sight.

"I'm not aloud to v-venture too close to the Pridelands...And there isn't much shelter around here..." Shivering, she gulped and offered a small shy smile.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:59 am
"Truely?" Mteuli questioned, sounding a little confused at her words. From what he had heard the pridelands were very friendly. He wondered why she thought she wasn't allowed to go there, if only for shelter from the pouring rain. "I had heard the pridelands were very welcoming," He told her simply, though he didn't press the matter. He shook his head slightly, trying to loosen some of the water from his thick mane. It was getting rather heavy.

"Perhaps we might search together. I'm sure we could find a thick branched tree or rock overhanging of some kind if we looked," He offered.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:09 am
"Alright, I very much dislike traveling alone...But first, tell me your name. I'm called...Chamiyu," The lioness bowed her head bashfully and rolled her shoulders back as she considered the lion's kindness. He was large, friendly, and he had a way with words that charmed her shy soul. As the rain continued to pour down on the two lions, Chamiyu heard the distant rumble of thunder in the swollen black clouds. She tossed her head in one direction and quickly added, "I've already looked over taht way...Let's try that path." And to give direction to where she was thinking, she nodded her head the other way.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:29 am
"A pleasure, Chamiyu. I am Mteuli," he told her smoothly with a graceful bend of his head in a gentleman's bow. Well it was obvious he was shy of manners. His ears twitched slightly at the sound of the thunder, but otherwise he seemed unphased by the bad turn of weather. It would be best that they find shelter soon. It looked like things were going to get heavy with water. "Ah yes. That sounds reasonable," He nodded, following her gaze in the direction she said they should go. He shifted, taking a step or two in the direction she had suggested, but he waited for her to come before going far. It seemed odd for him to wait and be so collected when rain drops were pelting his fur.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:40 am
Chamiyu watched his graceful movements with an inspecting gaze before she realized that he paused because he was waiting for her. Then, releasing a quick, 'Oh.' the lioness followed beside him, her slick body rippling with her lightning quick muscles underneath her velvet pitch fur. She felt odd trotting beside another lion with the same purpose, but she guessed it was something she just had to get used to. When the thunder boomed again, Chamiyu twitched and unconsciously inched closer to Mteuli. Noticing her pace and direction, she quickly corrected ehrself and lifted her head up to search for shelter as if nothing happened.

"Don't you have a family?" She asked softly after they were well on their way into the search.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 am
If Mteuli noticed her inching towards him during the rolling thunder he made no comment. Not that he would have been bothered by it in the least. He was the last person to jump on someone for their actions or be uncomfortable in closeness with another. He was just a people person.

He gave her a flash of a honey-sweet smile at her question. "Yes...I do. I'm part of a pride...and I have a twin brother as it so happens," He informed her warmly, still keeping his eyes open for shelter as they went. Many found the fact that he had a twin intersting, not that he understood this too well, but sometimes it sparked a nice conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:59 am
"A twin brother?" She said in awe, her eyes glazing over with her own fantasy of siblings, "It must be wonderful. What's his name? Do you get along well with him?" It seemed that the more he talked with her, the more she grew comfortable with him. And the more comfortable, the more she forgot about her own shyness, leading into her true bubbly interior. Her eyes were sad, but also admiring when he spoke of his family. How wonderful it must be! Deep inside, she wished for a family to call her own. Merely looking at other's families through a glass window wouldn't be enough to quench her desire.

[[Twin? *didn't know that and goes to look* Aw!! I lurve them both. heart ]]  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:51 am
Mteuli chuckled at her enthusiasm, finding it rather adorable. "His name is Mteule...and we get along fair enough. We don't see eye to eye in any sense, really, but we don't really bicker or any such thing. We support one another, most of the time," he told her warmly. Despite how he talked of his brother disagreeing a lot, his tone showed a great sense of favor and love towards his sibling. No matter how much Mteule might scold him for skirting his duties or whatever it was he chose to talk to him about Mteuli couldn't disrespect his brother to dislike him at all.

He glanced sideways at her and asked thoughtfully, "What about you? Surely someone as sweet as yourself would have a family or group of friends." He thought he might already know her answer, sadly, but felt it only fair to return the question her way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:39 pm
"You speak of your brother with such respect, it must be so nderful to have someone like that beside you," Chamiyu looked at him through the rain, watching his warm face underneath his thick mat of dark wet mane. Smiling, she listened to his story and tried to imagine them together. From what emotion he held in his voice when Mteuli spoke of him, Chamiyu could tell that there was a bond between them so strong that nothing could break. When his green eyes fell upon her in question, Chamiyu laid back her ears and shook her head.

"I do not have anyone, I am alone. I do not have a pride, siblings, or a group of friends," She replied sadly, a grief in her voice that went deeper than it sounded. She felt as if that was a sad topic to go down so she offered a cheesy smile and said, "I want to join a pride, I want friends, a family...But...I don't know anyone or how...Oh, look! An overhang, just over there!"

Chamiyu pointed out a large rock that seemed to be pushed halfway into the earth by some giant paw. It lifted up in such a way that a dry area was underneath, a sort of half-circle of sanctuary.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:51 pm
"Yes...I am very lucky to have him," Mteuli nodded. He looked up to his brother greatly. Mteule seemed to be good at everything...except for interacting with others. That was the only thing Mteuli felt he could really take pride in since it was the only thing his brother didn't pass him at.

He frowned slightly, a fragile curve to his maw. He had thought so and it saddened him. This poor lioness was a sweetheart. He didn't understand how no one would seek her company. "I am sorry to hear that..." As his eyes turned to see the overhanging he let his easy gate pick up slightly to a lope so they could reach the shelter and get out of the rain. Ducking under the cover he murmured, offering a smile, "As for how to join a pride, my dear...I believe for most it is simple. You just ask. I can't speak for other prides but...I know mine would welcome you easily. I don't see how other's couldn't."

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff