Why do you read One Piece? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForsakenSwordsman
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:19 am
If you're a member of this guild, there's a fair chance you like One Piece, use this thread to tell everyone why you like it.

Personally, I like the blend of action and comedy, but most of all the diverse and well developed characters. I also like the way Oda is so unpredictable in his story telling, unlike many books and mangas I've read, One Piece suprises me on a regular basis.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:04 am
I like the comedy and way the story surprises you. You never know what is going to happen next when you read One Piece.  

NamiTheNavigator

-Totalanimefan-

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:10 am
wow too many resons well it has go music(not the best music) its unlike any anime u have seen or heard lol um... easy to get hooked on and its a must for any anime fan and that there is something for every one even ppl that arent anime fans ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 am
i dont read it i watch it i have every episode on dvd imported from japan  

Retox the Freak in Me

Takaho
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01 am
well its pirates.........the action and how unique each character is.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:33 pm
I like the storyline, sometimes it is inspiring. And the fact that nobody ever dies in the manga is unique. We all know Luffy isn't a killer. pirate  

Obito

Fashionable Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

Victim_of_gravity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:22 pm
I like it for the action and comedy, of course, but I also like how all the characters can almost be schizo in how they're all happy-go-lucky but completely serious when fighting biggrin twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:24 am
I like the action comedy and the art style the oda senseii uses eheh  

neo_jello

Bari Sax Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:04 am
I also enjoy the blend of action and comedy, but also there is the on going debate over who would win if ninjas fought pirates and I've always been a firm beleiver that ninjas would win, but if you add the cursed fruits who knows?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:48 am
Obito
I like the storyline, sometimes it is inspiring. And the fact that nobody ever dies in the manga is unique. We all know Luffy isn't a killer. pirate

wait, isn't there a thingy going on about whether or not Arlong was killed when Luffy shot him through Arlong park/ supposedly it broke his back killing him.  

Takaho
Crew

Bari Sax Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:26 am
Takaho
Obito

wait, isn't there a thingy going on about whether or not Arlong was killed when Luffy shot him through Arlong park/ supposedly it broke his back killing him.

Sure looked like he died to me  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:48 pm
well i thought crocodile died since he got pummeled up from underground sent flying hundreds of feet into the air and then landing on his back on concrete...  

neo_jello

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:28 am
I first read onepeice in shonen jump and thought looking at the title
"Nepeg"?upon further examining the image I realised it said onepiece. it was like the first or second issue infact. great place to start.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:44 pm
Like most of the people who have posted on this forum, I love the blend of action and comedy. I also appreciate Oda-sensei's unique style, and the unpredictable storyline.  

Ami_Mizuno16

ronisthecutest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:03 pm

I like the blend of action and comedy as well--I also like the addition of interesting fantasy elements to the story. After all, we read to ESCAPE reality, right? Lol. I also really enjoy the development of the characters. They're shallow on the surface, but when you get into their stories they're really cool. They show that even a thing like piracy should be done with morals, and Oda makes a band of brigands something you can root for.

I definitely don't read it for the art all the time, since a lot of it is definitely...odd...but it adds a comedic touch to the storyline.

'Til next time!

pirate  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas