Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
The Harvester of Sorrow. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forge McCain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:17 pm
Welcome to the most bizarre and horrible place in space.

The Harvester of Sorrow

Simply put the Harvester is a huge mobile object in space. The common term for such a thing is a Space Hulk. Space hulks are large objects created in warp Space by accident. The eddies and currents in warp space will bring stray objects in it together. In most cases these objects are ships, metallic debris and other junk found in the warp.

Since most of these objects are ships that malfunctioned of other wise got lost in warp space they have recognizable structures in them. The Harvester of Sorrow is no exception. In fact the Harvester (for short) is a huge collection of such things and posses multiple structure, some complete with power systems and sections to support life.

Space Hulks also collect the semi living in their travels in the warp. One can expect to find monsters, daemons and even vermin of the mundane sort on board. In this the Harvest is worse than normal. It has been fairly described as a ships graveyard of space in addition to being haunted by all sorts of ill beings. Most of The Harvester has been repaired or at least sealed against space. The beasts, ghosts and other creatures haven't been dealt with.

The Harvester itself is an immense structure. It's is irregular and one can only distinguish 'front' from 'back' because one side has disproportionatly more working thrusters than the others. Externally it is similar in size to the Death Star of star wars, although for oblong than round. It's useable interior is similar to urban sections of Los Angeles or New York. In addition are some areas that are open to space, vast carog hold and impassible junked areas.

Interior features.

Corridors. - Miles of corridors span the vast reaches. Some are clean and well kept. Most however are rough and have expose mechanical bit. The lighting and quality of atmosphere can be questionable even in the best of areas.

The Power Plant - While the Harvester has hundreds of small powers systems of varying quality and use. One main power plant exist near the 'aft' portion of the ship. It is huge and once powered some sort fo space station. Now it serves the Harvester.

Docking bays - Several docking bays are also scattered about the ship. Some of them even work and have space craft in them. There area a few that don't seem to open to space 'here' but to space 'somewhere else'.

The Arboretum - One of a few large garden like areas. The main one actually has a small city in it. No one knows why. These arboretums are full of assorted plant life and are where most of the food and vermin come from on the ship.

The Temple - This chapel to the Dark Gods is vast and dangerous. The structure is highly magical and haunted beyond belief. Attempts to destroy the structure will simply make it 'move' to some other part of the ship and bring a terrible curse on the defiler.

The Lab - This place is a laboratory unlike most that any one has seen. It is a vast, disorganized room suitable for experiments, construction and testing of scientific and Arcane matters. One might even find a test going on at any time.

Other Rooms - One can also find hotel like rooms, dining areas, control areas (never The Control Room of course), storage rooms you name it. There are even a few pools, recreation areas and what not (they are all favored by verminous predators though). Most any room found in any kind of space ship is likely to be here, some rooms unlikely to be found in a ship are here too (no Holodeck though, dream on).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:43 pm
In the lab, there is a sudden shimmering as a couple figures start to materialize, TJ and Aeris.

When the teleport is finished, Aeris, a little lightheaded now. Steps away from the bad and looks around the room slowly. "Good, we landed in the right place. "She turned back to TJ with a smile before gesturing out into the lab. "Welcome to my birthplace.."  

Aeris McCain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:47 pm
*TJ is so caught off guard by the transport that he almost falls backwards. He does stumble back a couple steps. He looks around hastily and is about to ask Aeris what happened when she answers it for him*

Your....birthplace? *He thinks for a moment while looking around at some of the things in the lab, some maybe not wanting to see* This....this is the Harvestor?
Your....birthplace? *He thinks for a moment while looking around at some of the things in the lab, some maybe not wanting to see* This....this is the Harvestor?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:50 pm
Aeris nods to his comment as she starts to walk around the massive lab. Experiments of all sorts seemed to be taking place here, some not all that pleasant on the eyes either.

"Yes, this is Forge's lab. This is where he created me, also, where my clones are kept." She comments offhandedly as she walks over to one of the walls and opens up a cabinet. "Fortunately he isnt here right now."  

Aeris McCain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:01 am
*He looked around as she spoke, he felt a little quesy, especially at some of the more unpleasant experiments*

How....lovely....
How....lovely....

*He sees one of Aeris's clones in a test tube. He follows closes behind Aeris, not really feeling like being left behind in such a place*

Long as nothing tries to grab me I'll be fine...
Long as nothing tries to grab me I'll be fine...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:06 am
The clone in the tube looks as though its ready to come on out. In reality, Aeris had already set one up before she went with Mastema, just in case she did have to kill herself. She pulls out a bandaid, some cotten balls and a small needle from the cabinet before turning back to TJ. "Just gonna take a few tests. If Mastema did do something to me, we can find out here."  

Aeris McCain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:12 am
*He is looking around and it takes him a moment to answer*

Oh... yeah that sounds good..... I suppose.
Oh... yeah that sounds good..... I suppose.

*he doesn't touch anything right now. Just glances at everything in the room and back at Aeris here and then*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:17 am
Aeris walks over to a small mechanical device off to the other side of the room. Pulling a chair over, she starts to take a seat and place her items beside her. She dabs one of the cotton balls into some alcohol and places it on the tip of her finger. With a deep breathe, she looked back up to TJ and smiled weakly.

"Well love, remember my talk about hurting me?" She says with a chuckle before handing him the small needle, the kind used to p***k a finger. "Im gonna need your help again."  

Aeris McCain

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:22 am
*He watches her and blinks at her comment. He walks over to her with a slight chuckle. He takes the needle and gently takes her hand*

Well... I think this is quite a bit different ^^;; But I'll do it...
Well... I think this is quite a bit different ^^;; But I'll do it...

*he lifts her hand a little and waits a moment before carefully pushing the needle into the skin that had been dabbed with alcohol*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:31 am
She takes a deep breathe when she feels TJ take her hand. She never really liked having her finger pricked, it was always very uncomfortable, especially for her. When the needle hits her finger, she suddenly sucks in a sharp breath, resisting the urge to want to pull back.

When the needle is pulled from her, she pulls back her hand, a wince still on her face. She then squeezes out the blood over what looks like a long strip of paper. She carefully picks up the stripe with her other hand and slips it into a slot into the machine beside her, which immediately buzzes to life. She quickly presses a few buttons on the screen.

"It'll take a few minutes to process. But it'll look for any irregularities in my blood. I gave it a sample before I went to with Mastema anyway, so it has something to compare to."  

Aeris McCain

Lady 9 Lives

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:32 am
*9 and Akki appear in a room, still kissing him softly on the lips. She slips the box back into her pocket as she pulls back slowly with a smile on her face. 9 looks around the room as she slowly stands up*

The bed looks nice. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:37 am
*Despite her wincing and sharp breath he still pricks it in. Besides, she didn't say the safety word. He watches her while putting the needle down. He nods when she finishes and chuckles a bit*

Smart girl xp
Smart girl xp

*He looks around a bit more*

I'm not certain, but I can feel that this place is huge.... size of a small planet maybe
I'm not certain, but I can feel that this place is huge.... size of a small planet maybe

*He blinks a bit*

Well... I'll be damned...
Well... I'll be damned...  

Twilight Justice
Captain

Akki Rei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:37 am
Akki blinks as they suddenly appear in the room. His eyes dance around in amazement as he smiles brightly. He turns to 9 when he hears her comment and gives her a playful grin.

"Yes, it does." He replied to her as he wrapped his arms around her, "Shall we see how nice it is?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:39 am
hehe sounds like fun ^_^  

Lady 9 Lives

Dangerous Genius

Aeris McCain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:41 am
Aeris chuckles a little and nods. "I prepared myself for my trip with Mastema." She then gestures over to the other Aeris thats still in the tube.

"I even prepared to kill myself if I had to.." She frowns a little at that comment, she knew it was probably something that TJ didnt want to hear.

She blinks a little when she hears TJ's comment and raises a brow. "Be damned about what?"  
Black Company

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff