Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
Introductions! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is it about martial arts that lures you?
  The history and culture.
  The arts itself.
  The training.
View Results

Vicious_Truth
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:15 am
So people can know one another and dicuss with one mind We must introduce ourselves. So fill out this form.

Name:
Your interest in Martial arts:
Anything else you would like to add:

(Rank is optional since truly we are all the same here rank as in belt color does not matter for in this guild we are equall rank)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:24 am
Name: Merlin

Style if one is studied: Choy Li Fut

Your interest in Martial arts: My interest in martial arts comes from the deep feeling of being home in asian culture and history, and the love of the martial art that feeds my warriors spirit.

Anything else you would like to add: I may not be that advanced in rank but I am wise for I know that I have knowledge of things but with all I know I still know I know nothing. In the end we all know everything and yet nothing.

Vicious_Truth
Captain

kungfudangergirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:25 am
Name: Kungfudangergirl (or Andi in real life)
Location razz hilly
Style if one is studied: Ving Tsun
Rank: We don't really have ranks in my school. I am about to learn the second form
Your interest in Martial arts: I think that martial arts are not only a way to protect yourdelf, but a way to develop yourself mentally in a way that nothing else could teach you. My school has become family to me. We spend alot of time together outside of the school. We are always discussing and trying to learn more.
Anything else you would like to add: I look forward to good conversation with you all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:07 pm
Name: Heath

Style if one is studied: Wing Chun some Tae Kwon Do

Rank: Wing Chun 5 years I am a black sash 2 ranks befor I teach I am on Biu Jee.
Tae Kwon Do no rank.

Your interest in Martial arts: I like to fight and thats what got me started when I was a kid I loved martial arts so I got into it for a wile and hated it so I stoped. Later I started Wing Chun and loved it so now I am trying to reach the top.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

MikaelAuralius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:16 pm
Name: Mikael [Mike]

Style, if one is studied: Mixed Martial Arts / Karate

Rank: White [only went for a year and a half, then had to stop for monetary reasons]

Your interest in martial arts: The arts themselves as an art form have interested me for quite some time. As for fighting, I can't deny my warrior's spirit, and the desire for a good match, though I'm more of a peaceful person.

Anything else you'd like to add: Though I couldn't continue attending classes regularly as I did originally, I continued to train myself based on what I had studied while watching the others in the school; then combined that knoweledge with my full year of studying anatomy and phisiology at college to learn of all of the weakpoints on the human body. It was through this that I have been steadily improving.
If there are any other questions for me feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:19 pm
Name: You may call me Yosei Senshi. It is Japanese, if you tell me what it means, I will reveal my name to you.

Style: Shorin-Ryu Karate

Your interest in Martial arts: The warrior spirit, the balance.

Gataki18

Shin2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:08 pm
Name: Peter D.
Style if one is studied: Choy Li Fut
Your interest in Martial arts: The Training
Anything else you would like to add: none.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:07 pm
Name: Ryan
Style if one is studied: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Collegiate/Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrestling, Tae-Kwon Do, Karate, Judo
Rank: Orange (BJJ), Varsity B (Wrestling), 3rd Dan Black (TKD), Black (Karate), White (Judo)
Your interest in Martial arts: Fighting  

GenkiPseudo

Aiki-Hooligan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:27 am
Name:Josiah
Style if one is studied: Aiki-jujitsu (primary art),some Muay Thai and boxing.
Your interest in Martial arts: aiki. I love aiki. I beleive it. I have seen it. I used to think it was all a crock and was the "pro-wrasslin" of martial arts until I stepped up and was shown otherwise. Since then I can't get enough of aiki. aikido,aiki-jujitsu,chin-na,hapkido,etc,etc,etc. I also like to observe and learn other arts as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:28 pm
Name: Ri
Style if one is studied: Chao lei fut& various
Your interest in Martial arts: Everything?
Anything else you would like to add: Don't mind me if I dissapear. I tend to lurk for a while before I get really active, and then mystriously dissapear for a few days. =^.^=  

Jynxed

IRL Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100

demon -eyes- kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:33 pm
Name: travis
Style if one is studied surprised kinawian goju-ryu
Your interest in Martial arts: first got interested by power rangers when i was younger then my interest faded and then again after seeing the karate kid, then interest faded until my parents signed me up when i was 12
Anything else you would like to add: well i found out the style in the karate kid is based off of goju, and there really was a grandmaster miyagi, who is credited with giving us goju as we know it today  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Name: Aaron
Style if one is studied: Tae Kwon Do
Your interest in Martial arts: Learning about them in general.
Anything else you would like to add: Hmm... can't think of what to put here at the moment. Actually, if anybody can post information about Filipino martial arts, I'd appreciate it.  

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

Lord_Quortez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:27 pm
Name: Lord_Quortez, or just Quortez.
Style if one is studied: ninjutsu, kendo, my own version of drunken fist (adapted it to work with ninjutsu), and any japanese sowrd style i have access to learn.
Your interest in Martial arts: i like martial arts for what it is, its an artform. there are painters and sketchers that make wonderful pictures with thier skill. i dont have those skills. my skill in in martial arts. yes i know i dont produce anything from martial arts but who needs to. martial arts is its own reward. plus the inner peace that i attain from it is what keeps me going everyday.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:29 pm
Name: Alicia
Style if one is studied: Tae Kwon Do
Your interest in Martial arts: I've always liked everything about martial arts. When I was small, I liked the look of it and the awesome things masters can do. Since I started, I loved the training, the workout that leaves you sore. Now, my class is like a family and I love being a part of it. The history of the arts amazes me too, especially the stories of how people trained.  

DarkAngel_09

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items