Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
is this a sin? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikku311

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:41 pm
i just found out that a friend masturbates. what should i do? is masturbating a sin?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:42 pm
????  

Rikku311

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:54 pm
Is masterbation itself a sin? No, I would say that it is not. However, the lust inherent in masterbation is a sin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:35 pm
And usually why people who are aware about what masterbation is per say and sex and stuff, it usually is a sin. Cause of the thoughts and lust behind it. And it can also lead into other sin, trust me I know. If you want a more indepth answer, I might be able to find you one.  

Litia_Echo

Rikku311

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:29 pm
thanks. yeah. if u have time u could look for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:27 pm
Rikku311
i just found out that a friend masturbates. what should i do? is masturbating a sin?

Masterbating is a sin! (Is ur friend a christian??) PRAY! ask God to help ur friend, ask God to give u the strength to help ur friend. Always remember the power of prayer!  

juicybabe345

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:12 pm
Masturbation is definitely a sin. You're friend needs to repent about that and turn away from masturbation if she chooses to be a Christian.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:26 am
Since it seems everyone is in agreement that masturbation is a sin, could anyone explain why it is to me? Preferably with biblical passages to support his/her claims?  

zz1000zz

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:38 pm
I don't think that the act itself is (then again I'm a girl IRL and I don't do it sweatdrop ) but the feeling of lust 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:39 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Is masterbation itself a sin? No, I would say that it is not. However, the lust inherent in masterbation is a sin.
3nodding  

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

symphony in peril

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:02 pm
a friend at my camp talked to me about that and i told him the lust behind it is the sin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:29 pm
AnimeMonkey
I don't think that the act itself is (then again I'm a girl IRL and I don't do it sweatdrop ) but the feeling of lust 3nodding

symphony in peril
a friend at my camp talked to me about that and i told him the lust behind it is the sin

Do you have biblical passages to support this? I ask because nobody has offered such so far. Supporting your claims is a rather vital aspect of a discussion.  

zz1000zz

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:39 pm
Biblical passage? Well, lust is one of the seven deadlies, isn't it? ^-^; I'm pretty sure that's the only passage you need, right there.

I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want with your body as long as it isn't backed by a sin. (So, in other words, you could masturbate if you didn't feel any lust while doing so... although I suppose that would be pretty hard... er.. difficult.; )  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:50 am
i'm not sure?????  

may_death come_quick

Litia_Echo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:09 pm
Romans 13:13
Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

1 Corinthians 6:13
"Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

If you would like others, I'm sure I'll be able find some to suit your fancy.

oh and this one is good too

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff