Reply Pockyism||THE GUILD
Pocky: A brand or a type? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

e t u r e

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:06 pm
Recently, my sister and I have tried a couple of new kinds of pocky. And we were just wondering how do people define pocky? Is pocky just the official Pocky made by Glico, or just any kind of cookie stick covered in chocolate?

And as a side note, the new pocky was so good!! There were six kinds. 5 were by a company called Kabaya while the last (and ickiest) was by Glico. Kabaya made 2 Japanese styles (flavoured like Japanese desserts), orange and lemon sherbert flavours. The other two kinds were more like flavoured pretzels.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:20 pm
type. mostly. but the holiest and best kind, by default, is the original glico pocky. regardless of taste or prefence, if its not POCKY, then it is not the real deal. the highest pocky god, the Almighty Pocky itself, is glico because it's glico's baby.  

kaopiper

Seishin-chan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:07 pm
I didn't realize there was any other brand than Glico. That's the only type I've tried... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:10 pm
kaopiper
type. mostly. but the holiest and best kind, by default, is the original glico pocky. regardless of taste or prefence, if its not POCKY, then it is not the real deal. the highest pocky god, the Almighty Pocky itself, is glico because it's glico's baby.

You speak the truth milady. 3nodding  

iabiel
Captain

Questionable Cat

kaopiper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:22 am
Koukon_Tenshi
kaopiper

You speak the truth milady. 3nodding
*curtsey*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 pm
i think that Pocky is a type, not a brand. Gilco made the first Pocky, and so many stay true with that. but maybe Gilco doesnt make the flavor you like. so you buy another brand of Pocky. it's still Pocky, our loveable biskit dipped in chocolate, just made by someone else.  

Kyra Maverick

i got swagg x3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:46 pm
Today I bought something called Reverse. It's made by Glico. It's like a Pocky, but backwards: chocolate on the inside and biscuit on the outside.
Have any of you ever tried this? Would you consider it Pocky...or it's messed up cousin?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:06 pm
angelboi-J
Today I bought something called Reverse. It's made by Glico. It's like a Pocky, but backwards: chocolate on the inside and biscuit on the outside.
Have any of you ever tried this? Would you consider it Pocky...or it's messed up cousin?

A Japanese friend of mine called it pocky... Many websites cal it pocky... x.x'  

iabiel
Captain

Questionable Cat

La seule Marilou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:00 am
Seishin-chan
I didn't realize there was any other brand than Glico. That's the only type I've tried... sweatdrop

Me too! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:04 pm
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

I just haven't heard anyone else say any other brand than Pocky, so that's what I've known... it's odd, but understandable. Glico is the biggest name in the industry, so they control everything (and that's just the way I want it to be! blaugh )  

Seishin-chan
Crew

iabiel
Captain

Questionable Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:40 pm
Seishin-chan
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

I just haven't heard anyone else say any other brand than Pocky, so that's what I've known... it's odd, but understandable. Glico is the biggest name in the industry, so they control everything (and that's just the way I want it to be! blaugh )

You never know, the smaller companies have so many diffrent flavors... Or so I heard.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:43 pm
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

You never know, the smaller companies have so many diffrent flavors... Or so I heard.

very ture... not really sure if they have different ones or not, though. The only flavors I've seen with different brands is chocoalte and strawberry  

Seishin-chan
Crew

iabiel
Captain

Questionable Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:46 pm
Seishin-chan
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

very ture... not really sure if they have different ones or not, though. The only flavors I've seen with different brands is chocoalte and strawberry

I think Gilasia (sp?) puts out the rose one...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:49 pm
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

very ture... not really sure if they have different ones or not, though. The
only flavors I've seen with different brands is chocoalte and strawberry

rose? wow. that would be interesting. sounds cool  

Seishin-chan
Crew

iabiel
Captain

Questionable Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:59 pm
Seishin-chan
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
Koukon_Tenshi
Seishin-chan
La seule Marilou
Seishin-chan

Me too! eek

very ture... not really sure if they have different ones or not, though. The
only flavors I've seen with different brands is chocoalte and strawberry

rose? wow. that would be interesting. sounds cool

Yea, or at least I heard they did, and that it tastes like rose tea.  
Pockyism||THE GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff