[ORP] The Village Proper Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Island of Moreau
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A large segment of the jungle has been (obviously and) recently clearcut, replaced with unoriginal-looking cookie-cutter vertical duplexes. The uniform blue-gray buildings are evenly spaced in a wheel-like pattern in the clearing, intersperced with small planted trees, obviously different in species from the majority of the local vegetation.

In total, the village appears to have residences available for around 100 residents or so individuals - each in one of the dupliex's single-occupant efficiencies, the only diffrences between them being whether someone is on the ground floor or the top.

A few buildings break the mold of the standard cookie-cutter duplex: namely the ones on the periphery of the wheel - some near the edge of the lake appear to be built into the lake - with a glass extention - half submerged and half on land. There are a few extraordinarily tall ones - without a second duplex on top, and a few that seem to be built on raised platforms with ladders that lead up - more like a tree-house.

At the center of the wheel is a massive building (by comparison) that houses a cafeteria, medical clinic, entertainment rooms, workout room, supply room, etc.

Finally, a large clear lake borders the South-Eastern side of the village, its waters an inviting and cool respite from the humidity and heat.

A dirt path (just barely wide enough for a jeep) to the beach leads to the West (about a mile away), and a path to the labs (about a 2.5 to 3 mile walk) leads to the North.

Jungles surround the village where the lake doesn't come up to meet it - with now a decent sized 'border' between the edge of the village and the jungle - that's been clearcut with grass planted. The ground is fairly flat here, and would be a good surface to jog, play spontaneous sports, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:14 pm
The squirrel woman had been in the middle of crutching back to her duplex when her bag slipped from around her and fell to the ground. With a soft curse, Antony threw Aubrey's shirt over her shoulder as she attempted to juggle her crutches in order to try and recover the bag before it got damp.

She was currently quite irritated that she couldn't smoke, crutch, and carry a bag at the same time. Not to mention that the announcement had her nervous.  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Sabin Duvert, meanwhile, was just arriving in the village from his walk back from the Labs. He was muddy, still soaking wet, possessed a rather nasty looking shiner over his right eye, and in general rather irritable.

The village was also the last place he wanted to spend the next god knew how long until Moreau found a scapegoat to make him feel better about himself.

But the long walk back to the village had given the white-haired doctor some time to think about the announcement, Aubrey, and the predicament in general, and some disturbing yet interesting conclusions were clicking into place.

The chips had better be working again, though. The last thing Sabin wanted was to run into Chubbs or Joli - he knew their opinion of him quite well, and really didn't want to wind up like Aubrey. He doubted Moreau would be quite so concerned if it was HIM on the guerney.

As he arrived into the huddle of uniform duplexes carved out of the jungle, he looked over to see the squirrel woman who had occupied so many of the labtech's attentions on the video cameras, a smirk passing briefly by his mouth... until he spotted the shirt slung over his shoulders.

Cocking his head, he approached and stooped to grab what it was she had dropped. "You seem to have lost something." He mentioned as he handed the bag back to her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Antony was startled somewhat at the question, and even more when she looked up to see who was handing her bag back. The voice sounded familiar, but she didn't recognize him, though he did seem to be quite wet and dirty. "Thanks," she replied cautiously, taking the bag from him and slinging it over her shoulder once more, she motioned to his black eye, "What happened? Do you know what's going on?"

He looked like he had been outside for a while, maybe he knew what was going on.

"Who are you?" The woman finally asked, eyes continuing to take him in. She hadn't met him before, and he wasn't changed either. Maybe he was a new subject? "Sorry about all the questions... I mean, I haven't seen you around before and you haven't transformed..."

Though, there was something that continued to nag her about him.  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:40 pm
He nodded quickly in response to the thanks. He wasn't really feeling that charitable, but seeing the shirt tossed over her shoulder intrigued him.

A hand tenderly went to the right side of his face, and he winced. The whole side of his face felt tender, and he was fairly certain that his long clothes likely covered more bruises. "The jungle at night is not too hospitible. I think I fell." He said vaguely.

On the question of name, he paused. Sabin had seen the subjects so many times on camera, and since having his identity publically revealed earlier he hadn't considered the fact that many may not still know who he was when they spoke in person. He chewed on the question. She may not recognize him, but others would. A lie up front might mean her trust longer, but ultimately less later if he wasnt.

He smirked. "We've met, in a way. Sabin."  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:52 pm
"You and me both." She said, agreeing to both of his statements. Luckily she hadn't fallen from where she woke up, but that didn't make the whole ordeal any more pleasant.

His next answer caught her offguard and she blinked, cocking her head and remaining silent for a moment before she responded. "Ah yes, the infamous Dr. Duvert. I never did get to thank you for disposing of Billy's stash." She gave him a slight smile before motioning in the direction she had been heading. Her arms were going numb from just standing there. "I was going to eat if you wanted to join... Since it seems you're stuck with us commoners until this whole ******** mess clears up."

There had to be a reason he was on the wrong side of the fence, and that also meant that this wasn't another 'experiment.' It was real, and something was seriously wrong.  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:01 pm
Sabin snorted. "Yes, I'm afraid that my reputation has begun to proceed me around here. But I shouldn't be surprised." At least Antony was one of the few who, to his knowledge, wasn't peeved at him.

He nodded. "And no problem. The last thing we needed around here was hard drugs on top of all the other... problems." He grumbled.

He glanced to the cafeteria. The smell of food was VERY inviting, although he felt like a dirty mess. However, at the moment, rolling in his bitterness at being shut out, he didn't necessarily care.

"So long as you don't care about eating with a filthy doctor from the labs." The word filthy could have meant either the literal mud covering him, or his job position.

He let his gaze travel back to the shirt slung over her shoulder, but didn't put words to his thoughts just yet.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 pm
"So has mine, apparently." A soft chuckle left her lips as she continued to carefully crutch her way towards the cafe. "He's mellowed out a lot actually," she added as an afterthought, pausing a moment to adjust her bag before moving onward.

The mutter from him caught her attention, and she glanced over at him before shrugging. "I spent two months in the same set of clothes, Doctor. I think I can handle you being wet and muddy."

It was a bit of a jab, but her voice remained relatively neutral, as did her expression.

"Besides," the squirrel woman began, "I may be able to provide a warm shower after the meal." It was definately not a sexual offer, and her expression and voice clearly showed this. "Though I'm perplexed as to why you're not in the labs."

The cafeteria was just up ahead.  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:31 pm
"Well..... that is good at least." He mentioned in relation to Billy. "Althought I have heard some none too kind stories regarding his.... actions."

He continued on to the cafeteria, keeping pace with the limping woman. "We'll see. I might need to check on a few things as long as I am going to be here." He frowned. "Which, I will admit, I am similiarly frustrated and confused. Moreau's got his head on backwards and punishing everyone already. The announcement means he is at least claiming that he doesn't have a clue what's really going on, and trying to spread suspicion about everyone. If he doesn't even trust me enough to let ME back in the labs..." He trailed off to a string of French under his breath.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:43 pm
Antony nodded, deciding not to tell him that Billy could no longer walk, and that she suspected he had been set up in the entire Colche ordeal. Simply shrugging in response.

"Whatever, your fault if you catch a cold," she said dismissively, making sure to listen carefully to all that he was saying as they arrived at the cafe. "He sounded distressed at least... But considering where I woke up this morning... You never know."  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:50 pm
He nodded, strolling in and grabbing a tray before looking over the food critically. It didn't seem to be quite up to the par to what was given to them in the labs and he had grown accustomed to.... but he never really considered himself that picky to begin with.

He grabbed a hamburger and one of the smaller steaks and went to go snag a seat.

Sabin lifted a brow at the comment. "Where you woke up...?" He asked tentatively. He wasn't exactly feeling all too comfortable with a few of the connotations the woman was making.

He took a greedy bite out of the burger.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:03 pm
She immediately unloaded her bag and the shirt on her shoulder on the chair next to where the white haired man had sat down. Making note of his diet, as it was much like Jamal's, Antony went to fill her tray with a variety of seeds and nuts, as well some 'normal' food. Some chicken, vegetables, and a side of pineable chunks.

Once seated she debated answering him, but figured he'd know at one point or another being staff. "I woke up in a tree, soaking wet, and with a splitting headache... Had to climb all the way down the damn scratching post."

Antony shoved a couple of bites of chiken into her mouth and chewed, watching him eat for a moment before motioning towards his plate, "You're obviously not a vegetarian." A light chuckle left her lips before she stabbed a piece of broccoli and popped it in her mouth.  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:47 pm
"In a tree?" Sabin asked, incredulously. "I thought your leg was broken." He shook his head. Antony's narrative wasn't making a great deal of sense.

He smirked after another couple of bites of the burger. "Can't say that I am. Never understood the trend - how can someone give up meat?" He glanced at the squirrel woman across from him. "Barring changes of species, at least. But even still, you have enough sense to know a good piece of chicken." He chuckled.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:08 pm
"It -is- broken," she snapped, narrowing her eyes a moment before popping a piece of pineapple in her mouth. "I don't know how I got there. I went to sleep, and woke up there. The last time something like that happened it was you all's faults, but how'd I get me that high up?"

After a deep breath, she calmed down a bit and even chuckled softly at his joke of sorts before growing serious again. "I was wondering... Why would Moreau announce that if he has cameras everywhere? Can't he just look to see who... Hurt Aubrey."  

Antoinette Devereux

Sabin Duvert
Vice Captain

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:33 pm
Sabin pursued his lips as she snapped at him, shrugging afterwards. "Don't look at me. I didn't hoist you up there. If one of the other labtechs are responsible for another.... incident, then I don't know about it. Although I seem to be being told less and less recently." He grumbled quieter.

He shook his head. "Do I look like I've been in the labs recently?" Maybe it happened during the powerout. But.... the fact we had a power out at all seems very strange to me."  
The Village

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff