Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Event-R]Late night worries. (?? And Alexandre) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:39 pm
Quote:
Shadow Stalker (1) - You're walking in the dark and soon hear the sound of footsteps following behind you. Every time you turn around, nothing is there. If you try to quicken your pace, the footsteps start running right along with you. No matter how you try to see behind you--if you use your phone camera or if you look in window reflections, you can't see anything...but you know it's getting closer. If you don't run fast enough, you can almost feel a hand on your arm, a breath on your neck...

You need to get out of here, fast. If you can.

Once you reach your destination and are safely inside, there might be a banging on the doors or windows. The air is heavy, but after a few moments it seems to lift. You have the distinct sensation that something is still out there, though. You just don’t know what.

His gloved hands were tucked into the pockets of his coat as he walked down the block, he'd parked his car a block away since the whole block was occupied by other peoples cars, it wasn't like he minded the walk anyway. At least he normally wouldn't mind it, it wasn't that far, but he heard someone walking behind him...only no one was there when he looked.

For a moment he wondered if someone was following him and had ducked down between two parked cars, though why someone would hide he had no idea, and he did consider pulling out his phone and letting someone know he was being followed. hurrying his pace Alexandre passed by several carswhich he knew belonged to family members, which made sense considering where he was headed, hurrying his pace Alexandre could hear the steps again and they were faster this time.

Whipping around, enough that it lef this own vision blurry for a moment, he still didn't see anyone. Cursing to himself the blond turned back and hurried, nearly running, towards the familiar home he was supposed to be at. He was going there not to see the younger members of his family, the children, who were there for music lessons but to see a cousin of his who was closer in age to himself. He just needed to check in with her on something, he'd gotten a letter delivered this morning from his grandmother, and that was why he was venturing out tonight.

When he did make it to the steps he took them two at a time and knocked on the door before hurrying inside as he closed, and locked, the door behind himself. Inside he could hear lots of children and a few adults were milling about. It seemed the holiday season had taken hold as this wasn't just a simple music lesson but a gathering of parents, those around his age and just a bit older. The smells of baked goods, cinnamon, clove and other spices filled the house and he could see glasses of what he assumed was mulled cider in peoples hands as they wandered around talking and laughing and smiling. This wasn't some conspiracy, far from it, but it was a rather large gathering of Evans family members all talking about Halloween plans and such., All mundane talk, no surprise there considering at least one member of the Sharp family was here, but it did have that sort of united family feel to the place which conspiracies also had.

Moving dow nthe hall, after hanging up his coat and removing his shoes, Alexandre headed towards the music room assuming the cousin he sought would be there as this was her home.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:51 pm
Melody sat at the piano, next to one of the younger children as she walked them through the scales. She still was getting used to the atmosphere at the house, it was far different than what she was used to. Smiling and offering encouraging words as the little one got the hang of the exercise she had offered them, she opened up the small booklet on the music stand and played something simple that used the scale she had just taught them

Looking up as she heard the door, she noticed her brother already looking for what was going on.

The lessons that Aloysius taught were focused on reading music and playing stringed instruments. He very much enjoyed the atmosphere and was all smiles and kind words as he helped the children learn. Years of being a music teacher had made this very easy to do, he was still getting used to the size of the group he was teaching. The past few years had seen an uptick in the workload he was expected to handle and this was a nice refreshing break from that. He could spend the time needed to make sure things were fun and interesting for everyone involved.

Turning as he played a simple little song on his instrument, he noticed the sound of the door and watched carefully as a shadow moved down the hall towards them. It had to be someone from the family but he was still on guard a little bit during this time of year.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:03 pm
Stepping into the large music room, his cousin had used it once as a study, the walls were line in bookshelves packed with various books. It was packed enough that some books even laid horozontal and on top of other books. It was no surprise since this particular cousin of his was into book restoration and collected rare books, restoring them and keeping them for herself, she had always had the most interesting books in her home. It would make some people jealous to see them all and yet few knew of this collection, she tended to use others to make her personal purchases, while she handled anything work related more out in the open. So few knew just how extensive her personal collection was.

Going to greet her first, seeing as this was her home, he handed her the letter he'd gotten from their head of family. It seemed his grandmother wanted them both for some personal task which would include them working with someone else from another branch of the family. They were to aquire something for her without anyone the wiser, and his cousin here was to assure it was authentic, while he was to do similar but with something else. Both were being sold at the same time.

"I see the lessons tonight have garnered a rather sizeable audience." Smiling as he looked over the younger children who were playing instraments. They were doing well wunder the instruction of the two Sharp's and he was glad to see it. It would help Melody in what she wanted, he'd already sent a letter to his grandmother regarding the matter, but it would now wait on her.

Moving across the room, letting his cousin read over the missive, he found himself a seat where he could watch and accepted a drink from a passing cousin of his. It was a drink he was fine with drinking, knowing there was no alcohol in, and he sipped slowly from the spiced drink. Nodding his head to the siblings, glad to see them both in their element.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:40 pm
"I think it's time for a small break, I need to get some more things set up if that's alright." She smiled as she moved carefully off of the piano bench, making her way over to her bag that held some of the other sheet music books while sneaking a look over at Alexandre. Something seemed slightly off about him but she couldn't quite place it. "Maybe we can go over any of these if you'd like, so we can include those who want to sing." Might as well use both of her talents here, plus she was a bit still from sitting at the piano.

Smiling as he winded down his own lesson, he put away his instrument and motioned for the other children to join his sister in that next part of the lesson before walking over to join Alexandre. Part of him wondered if the other had seen something in the night, it was that time of year again and he had been careful to not go out alone when powered down. Nodding to the relative in an apologetic manner for intruding. "Sorry to interrupt. It is good to see you, how are you this evening Alexandre?"

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:50 pm
Looking up he smiled and motioned for the other to take a seat. "You're fine, you're a guest and I can assure you no one here minds you cutting in a conversation. It's a light hearted night of family talks about the holiday and celebrating." He'd heard a few of his cousins, because he considered everyone around his age a cousin as it was simply easier, talking about taking their small children out together for trick or treating. None of them really trusted the city, and the odd things which happened this time of year, so he wasn't surprised to hear it.

There were even talks of foods being made for some sort of dinner party at someones home, he had a feeling Hudson might get asked to bake as well for that.

"I'm doing well, I had a letter from my grandmother to share with tonights host." His cousin had wandered off, something about a cinnimon and pumpkin spice roll in the kitchen she wanted to get. Someone had really gone all out with the baking and such, it was nice though. "Some simple family buisness, nothing too intense." Shrugging a bit as he leaned back, tilting his head towards the other. "Though I would say to be careful when you both leave tonight. I swear something was following me down the block." Making sure he was loud enough for a few nearby family members to hear, knowing word would spread.

"Foot steps behind me, they sped up when I did, stopped when I did, and no one was there." Make of it whatever anyone would but he knew his family would keep safe tonight, this was why he was in the war. he had joined to help keep them safe in this dangerous city.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:03 pm
As she finished setting up, she heard what Alexandre had said. "Oh that does sound pretty spooky but I'm sure everyone will be all safe and sound with their parents around, right?" She spoke with a soothing tone to the kids, one she was getting used to using that she had learned from watching her brother. Getting the little booklets and things set up took her seat back at the piano to play the accompaniment for the chorus lesson she was teaching. Her own voice led softly and delicately alongside the piano as she listened for the children to follow along. This was something they had been practicing for a bit now so it was going very smoothly, which was nice.

Nodding and taking a seat, he felt a bit stiff. He wasn't used to family gatherings either, not yet at least. "I understand that, I know things can be busy on that front." He knew a bit from what Melody had led on but outside of that, he really didn't have the foggiest. That next part made him stiffen a bit though, as he remembered the doppelgangers. Adjusting his glasses slightly, he leaned in a bit. "I think I have dealt with that before." There was a slight bit of nervousness behind his smile as he spoke to them. He hadn't told them about that before, just a small allusion to it from how he had met someone in the past.

"It would be a good idea for people to leave together though, more eyes watching as it were." The doppelgangers couldn't be back, could they? Taking a drink for himself, also without alcohol, he sipped it as he thought about what oddity was plaguing the city now. He had notes upon notes about the weird things that had been happening over the years. Luckily this year had been kind to him, so far.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:21 pm
"I'm sure Melody is right." Nodding his head towards her. She was doing well with the little ones it seemed, watching how they smiled and sought to do their best. They were also looking to make their parents proud, no doubt about that, but they wanted to do well for Melody it seemed as well. She was a good teacher, you could tell, she was getting good with the children and they responded in kind.

"Whatever it is I'm sure we'll manage." A firm nod as he spoke. No matter what it was his family would make it through the holiday season, as they did every year, but he would be there to keep them safe if need be. He was secretly thinking of bringing more members of his family into the negaverse, to help keep their family safe and assure their continued well being, he just wasn't sure who to bring in yet. He needed people who could, in time, do what he did and become what he was.

"Your sister is doing well with the children, they seem to enjoy the lesson a great deal. I wonder if any will have a real talent for music." The family would certainly be proud of it if any did, they always were proud of the various talents family members had. Why would they not be? They had the money to allow people to indulge in things and find talents and hobbies and enjoy life. "And your lessons I'm sure are going well also, for the children. How are you doing with them?" Honestly curious as he smiled at the taller male, slate eyes bright and curious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 pm
The lesson kept on as she watched the conversation between her brother and Alexandre continue. Making sure she was aware of it in case something important came up while keeping things going smoothly with her lesson. This was one of the easier things because even if one or two of the children were a bit nervous about singing, the overall drone of their voices helped make things sound nicer than they could be if any of them were singing solo. She figured it would be easier to teach them this way instead of one on one, at least until it got to the point where the children who did want to improve in specific ways would approach her for that help.

What had he been thinking, this man was probably the fittest to go against whatever was out and about harassing people. Feeling a bit embarrassed he nodded back. "I worry still though, I am sure you would be fine." He had texted Liam when the weather started to change about all the oddities he had worried about coming back. It was easier now to get things out, at least to him.

Looking over at his sister, he knew she was listening even if she also looked very focused on her singing and piano playing. "I think, at least when it comes to singing, that some of them have the signs for it. It is easier to notice in that front, on my end though." He smiled a bit. "Practice does in fact make perfect, at least within reason. I enjoy it though, even if I feel a bit odd about the atmosphere." Speaking softly as the last part of the sentence came out. He didn't want to offend anyone but it was the truth. "I am used to a different setting for lessons, you understand. More of a one-on-one setting or a classroom, it does take some getting used to when the parents are so close." Not that he was nervous about his own skills, but he knew that children might continue to do something they are uninterested in just to appease their parents.

"I do want to thank you for the opportunity though, I appreciate it a lot. I think it is also very good for Melody, she needs the experience in a teaching setting if she wants to walk down that path. I find it funny though that we both ended up in the same sort of profession, on both sides of the coin." It had been something that he wondered about for a while and was still coming to terms with, even if the family aspect of things was still on rocky ground.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:58 pm
"I alweays worry, no matter how long I've lived in this city. Every holiday season seems to bring something new." Like the graveyard found underground in the city, he was certain it wasn't as safe as it seemed, he'd even heard some whispers about it from people. Thankfully no one in his family had been down there, and they were wise enough to keep away from it.

"Good, that'll be nice. I'm sure those who have talent, if you both apporach their parents, they'll do whatever they can to assist in feeding that talent and skill." He knew it was somethign which would happen, more lessons or whatever the little ones with promise might need, his family would help feed that talent and love for music.

"Tonight is just one of those odd nights with so many here." Since most lessons he was sure the little ones were dropped off and picked up, or the adults were locked away in another room holding a conspiracy while the children learned their music, so this he knew was odd for the taller male. But he was handling it well enough it seemed.

"Trust me, if the children aren't interested they'll say something. You're doing fine - have some confidence in yourself and your skill to teach. I wouldn't have spoken to my grandmother about you if I didn't think that." For Melody he knew this would look good for her, and Aloysius as well, when it came to getting jobs. He already had a teaching job, at a school, but she did not yet. It would help her, he was certain, especially if members of his family were to speak up to support her being hired somewhere.

"You two should show your own skills for the adults at some point, it might serve to inspire the little ones more as well." Though some you could certainly tell were already interested in music, the smiles and bright eyes said enough. He was certain Aloysius would get used to the sessions at homes, various homes, with groups of children in time. It was easier to cart the children off in age groups for lessons, it made handling the tutors easier, it wasn't easy to manage so many children in one family who all were seeing tutors. This was the easiest way to manage it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:22 pm
The fact that the other worried was reassuring, he wasn't wrong about how the holidays were filled with all those unaligned pains and creatures. It was worse than the normal issues between sides because there wasn't that level of understanding based on alignment to one side or the other.

Aloysius made a face, one would say almost insulted. Speaking with an even but slightly cold tone to the other. "Oh, I am well aware of my teaching ability." Then softening back a bit, "I just want to take into account the unsaid things of the children." Taking off his glasses, he cleaned them carefully using the square from the pocket of his vest. "I may do that later tonight, I finished a new composition I need to try out before writing up the score for my university students. The theory course is so very interesting and I like throwing them some more complicated pieces that they cannot just google to find the answers for." He had a small little smile on his face as he brought his glasses back up. It was nice making them work, made him feel a bit better about his random absences when he would call out for being injured or exhausted from doing things for the Negaverse.

Nodding over to Melody, he knew she would be up for showing off her skills. "Maybe, if we are all lucky enough, she will grace us with an accompaniment to my own work. Much like the past." It was something he had missed and felt so very far off and out of reach. But now that he had said it, there was a bit of a sly smile on his face because she couldn't let the children down if they wanted to hear their teachers playing music together.

Looking up at the clock, she went along and finished the song. She stood and clapped for them, making sure they knew they had done a good job. "You all did very well tonight! I look forward to the next lesson and if you want to learn any songs you may have heard, ask your parents if it's ok and let me know so I can get the music together for everyone." Looking over at Aloysius, she had heard what he had said about joining him for the duet. It had been a while but she knew if he cornered her in front of everyone she couldn't deny it without looking bad.

Packing things up, she hummed to herself. Maybe she would message Liam jokingly that her brother was bullying her and to intervene. Although she knew that it normally was the other way around and was starting to feel the smallest bit of regret about being that way.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:18 pm
Rolling his eyes at the others sudden coldness he shook his head lightly. "You know what I mean." At least he assumed the other did, Aloysius was a smart man. "If you're concerned though grab them each at the next lesson when their parents drop them off, I know some of the lessons are like that." He was certain some were dropped off by nannies, perhaps even as groups of kids being dropped off by a single nanny or two. The children went to various homes for the lessons they took and parents worked, some never could make tea time, so they would leave nannies to tend to their children and they would in turn bring them to lessons.

Looking up at the clapping he smiled. So many children looked so pleased and happy, they were smiling and happy to speak to their parents in an animated way, as they asked their parents what they thought and the like.

"They are enjoying their lessons, that's for sure. I'm glad really that this has worked out between our family and you both." It would help bind their families as well as help the youngest generation. Perhaps Melody would get her wish and marry in as well, somehow, to someone in his family and the future for both families would be even brighter.

""I like that she's letting them find songs they want to learn and bring it to her. That'll encourage them further." Make it seem a bit more moodern in some ways, if they could learn to sing more modern songs, it would relate more to them. "She's doing well I think. You both are." And he'd heard it in the whispers which spread along the vine that was the Evans family, creeping and crawling into all sorts of places. Soon he'd bring more family into the Negaverse, not something he'd ever planned to do but was now.

"You know you both can help yourselves to the baked goods as well, right?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:41 pm
It would be something he would do in the future, at least with the older ones. That was a pattern he'd noticed as well, probably due to how everyone's schedules may differ. It was all its own well-oiled machine which he could appreciate because everything started and ended perfectly on time.

"Yes, I am glad you brought this to us. It is nice working on something more in my element while also helping you out." Not that he wasn't capable of helping in a fight, he just preferred this world where he felt solidly confident of his abilities. It also helped that he had his grandfather's viola with him still, something that he knew was built to last and full of memories.

"I think, for singing at least, that it is better to pull from newer music that people hear more often because there is that sense of feedback they have from having heard it. It is much easier I think than trying to teach older songs that may not be in English. Melody and I learned a lot in our grandparent's native language which was challenging to say the least." He never sang anymore though, he didn't have the lungs for it.

Looking over at the baked goods, he really thought about it. They would be nice but he still had a habit of only eating at home. He was far more comfortable eating something he cooked himself than something someone else made, at least someone outside of his own household. "Thank you for the offer but I am alright for now. I may bring some home though if that is alright so I may share them with my partner." Thinking for a moment, his fingers tapped a melody out on his knee.

"I think I will go and see about us playing here once she decides what she is doing." Looking over at Melody, he gave her that look that meant she should come over and join the conversation. There was still a bit of that unspoken conversation he was able to have with her, even if it wasn't like it had been in the past.

With everything packed back away in her bag, she made her way over to sit next to her brother and Alexandre. "Good evening Alexandre, are you well tonight?" Picking up a cup of hot cider and a small pastry, she sat comfortably and primly in the seat by the two of them. The warm cider helped her throat after the lessons, it had been a while since she had sung for such a long period of time.

"Everything is very pleasant here Alexandre, very homey." It was nice in a way but made her feel odd, not just that she was an outsider but the fact she wasn't used to the way things felt. It wasn't as on edge as her own family had been before everything split apart. Still, she smiled as she enjoyed her drink and snack, aware that the others had been talking over her while she taught her lesson.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:57 pm
"That's fine, bring all the baked goods home that you'd like. I have a feeling more was made than we can manage to consume." He was more than certain of that, he knew his family well enough to know that, they tended to over do it with baking and cooking because they were a large family. So they knew they had so many people to feed and over estimated things, assuming people would go for seconds at the very least.

"I agree with your comment about singing, even though I've no voice to speak of." He couldn't manage singing even if he tried for years, he'd never manage it. He was skilled with a paintbrush however, enough that his cousins job trusted him to help out despite not being employed by them.

"Tonight is well, I assume you've been well also Melody? You have a group of fans there and they seem rather starstruck." Teasing gently, though there was a ntoe of sincere honesty in his words. She had, without a doubt, gained the intrest of several of the younger children who she had been giving lessons.

"I'm glad you find it homey. I think it's easier to capture that feeling this time of year, it lends itself to warmer things. From foods to clothing and colors as well." It was just the perfect time of year for family gatherings and small talk amongst the group. It was nice in a way, even if he didn't always like spending time with his family. He was getting used to it.

"I'm sure you'll both find yourselves invited to other gatherings like this. I've no doubt that with the dropping tempatures there will be more gatherings like this which you'll both wind up at." Without them knowing as the gatherings would just sort of happen, the host making food and parents deciding to stay,...it would just become a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:22 am
"Thank you, I will keep that in mind."He smiled a bit as he thought about what to grab. Sweets were more his thing than Liam's, at least from what he had figured out so far. Looking over as Melody sat down, he could tell that the way things were here was a bit of a culture shock to her as well.

"I may bring something if that is the case, I cook quite often so it would not be an inconvenience for me to make a bit extra." A sly smile ran across his face as he inclined his head towards Melody as he knew that was something he could hold over her too. "You could bring something as well Mel." Just a little twist of the knife back at her.

"Ah but yes, Alexandre was saying we should, at some point, play something on our own level. To show our skills as it were. I was wondering if you would want to perform a duet with me. If not, I believe we can come up with two separate pieces to play. Although I think the children would enjoy it if they saw their tutors working together." He knew his methods were a bit more obvious than her own but he still smiled all the same because he knew the case he could make was solid if she wanted to keep up the facade of a happy family in front of all the Evans men.

"Yes, I have been doing quite well." She leaned in a bit as she continued sipping her drink. "I do my best, hoping that maybe I'll catch some other eyes." She had a goal in mind, that the other two knew of in part. But as Aloy teased her, she shot him a thinly veiled death glare. He was getting ballsier and it put her a bit more on guard even if it was more familiar to how she had remembered him. Whatever Liam had said and done certainly had done something for him.

"Yes, I can bring things as well or help if needed." She hadn't cooked her entire life and didn't really intend to start unless there was a really good reason. It was so much easier to order something and it wasn't like she was strapped for funds. "I'm very excited to wear some of my warmer coats even if I don't look forward to driving in the snow here."

Placing her cup down, she sat up a bit more and fully turned to face her brother. The look she gave him was one of Are we really doing this? Oh how she hated this side of him more than she hated the idea of him being a drunk. It was hard to play a hand against someone who didn't have plans and plots in the social world. "I think that sounds lovely, I think we both know what song we should play if we want to show off. If you think you can still play it, it has been over a decade since we've done that. We can do it at the next gathering, I want to make sure everything is perfect for it. Give you some time to practice since you are a bit rusty." Sticking her own knife back in him, she accepted the hand he'd dealt her.

"I think we should head home soon though, with the things going on in the city I'd like to get home before it gets much later. We can figure out the details later with you Alexandre." Picking up another treat from the table, she sat back and focused on the other family members in the room. One day, she would find one that worked well with her in this world as well as the other job she shared with Alexandre and Aloysius.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:28 pm
"I can agree with you onnot wanting to drive in the snow. I don't like being out in the cold in general though." He was small and as such didn't have much for padding and so easily got cold. He was good at bundling up when the cold weather came in, he also have many blankets stored in his home for this time of year. Warm coats he had in abundance as well. At least it was something he and Meloldy could relate to, and perhaps her brother as well.

Looking between the siblings he couldn't help but lean back, a small smile in place, oh how he wasn't surprised to see this game. He knew they didn't get on well, knew there was a lot of water under the bridge, but it wasn't bad to see the elder of the two have some more confidence in things. He was no where near where he once was but it was better...

"Of course, I'll let you know if I find out about another family gathering and see to it your both there. As I said, there will be more, this weather lends itself well to such things." As some families might gather for church, or after church, or Easter and other such holidays his family did no such thing. Well, they did gather for easter but that was for food and easter egg hunts and coloring and such. There was no mention of church or religion within his family, and hadn't been in many generations. They had their reasons and they were similar now as to when the family had dropped their beliefs.

"I'll also organize you talking to my grandmother." He knew what she wanted and he'd assist her in that goal, though he did hope there would be love there in time, he knew she wanted an in with his family...she wanted the name and power. She at least could handle it. She wouldn't run wild with it like some commoners who married into money and power.

"I'll see you to the door if your leaving? Or perhaps your car? Since I did have an odd incident on my way here."

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff