Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Milan Wellbelove's Apartment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:50 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxM ɪ ʟ ᴀ ɴ xxxW ᴇ ʟ ʟ ʙ ᴇ ʟ ᴏ ᴠ ᴇ ' s xxxL ᴏ ғ ᴛ xxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxᴅ ɪ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ɴxxxᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴇ ʏ , E N G L A N Dxxx

Located in the heart of Diagon Alley, Milan's apartment is situated above Cloak & Coven, which is conveniently co-owned by Milan. He renovated the old-timey loft into a modernistic paradise. He has a sewing space, nice little kitchen (with only vegan-friendly foods), and a cool, lofted bedroom with a cozy cal-king bed. Friends and family are welcome, but please floo into the shop below (during business hours) or outside, then knock.... unless you've notified ahead of time, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:53 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x I s x M ɪ ʟ ᴀ ɴ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxMɪʟᴀɴ Aᴍɪᴀs Wᴇʟʟʙᴇʟᴏᴠᴇxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Wᴏʀᴋ || Oɴ A Cᴏғғᴇᴇ Rᴜɴ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Tᴏᴡɴ || Mᴏᴍ's Pᴇɴᴛʜᴏᴜsᴇ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:00 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Floo Name : Milan's Flat

⟹ During Business Hours, Please Floo/Apparate downstairs to Cloak & Coven

⟹ There is a guest bed, hidden behind the bookcase as a murphy bed... This is mostly for siblings needing a place to crash

⟹ This flat is vegan safe. No cooking of non-vegan food allowed (unless you've got permission, but don't use Milan's red pot/pan set)

Do not bring peanuts, peanut products, or any sort of peanut particulates into this home, lest you cause a medical emergency and earn a lifetime ban

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

⇴a Northern White-Faced owl named Otis

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 5:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom, Linsey, Milan, Bieito, Serghei
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Confrontations?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh yaaaaaay....

Ella was so, so glad she was able to hide behind Mom. Why was Serghei here?! Why were any of the Antonovs in the UK? Hadn't Father always said how much he detested the British Isles (and people, cuisine... everything, really)? But now her worst nightmare was here. Why had he gone to a shop in London when they had a personal tailor in Romania? Well, that also assumed they still lived in Romania. After being so rudely thrown out by letter, all Ella knew was that they'd left their giant house. She'd been a little preoccupied, and even the Grey family hadn't seemed able to track down the Antonov family... so how would she ever have been able?

With the proverbial bomb dropped, Ella clung to her new mom, wanting nothing but the safety the woman could provide. Though, in good news, it did seem the others in the room all looked ready for a potential throwdown. Milan opened up his home, wanting to move their conversation somewhere private, which was absolutely a relief to Ella. She watched silently as he set to lock up, occasionally glancing over at the rigid features that so much resembled his parents. If Father found her... Ella feared for her life on every front. Heck, if any of the boys found her, it'd be darn near a death knell.... but Serghei didn't seem interested in a fight?

Milan opened the door beside his office, revealing the staircase up to his flat. Once he requested the ladies to enter first, Ella held tight to Hannah's hand as they stepped up. Milan followed the party, making sure everyone went safely. Once in the apartment, Ella squeaked in a bit of shock when someone quickly stood from the couch. "Oh! Ah... um.... hello?" Bieito seemed confused by it all, finally looking over at Milan. "Hey, Bee. Sorry to crash your off day. We had some... family drama crop up and needed a private place to talk. Oh, this is Hannah Grey-Cavendish, Linsey and Ella's mum. And this is Serghei Antonov... Ella's... biological sibling." Ella tried not to giggle as the tallest in the room spit venom on the word Serghei had chosen to use.

"Ah, bonjour! It is a pleasure to meet you both." Bieito seemed super uncomfortable in this situation, and honestly, Ella couldn't blame him a bit. He probably just wanted to read his book in peace. "Hannah, this is Bieito, my brother." Another pointed jab by the Brit, alright. Ella reached a small hand over, taking Linsey's. Now that she was safely nestled between her mom and sister, things felt a little safer. It helped that Milan seemed ready to knock someone out.

"A pleasure, as well. I am, ah, transferring into Hogwarts this year." Wait.... what?! Ella looked over at Linsey, wondering if she was as surprised by the huge reveal. "And I suppose to clear some air... yes, I am well aware my parents and brothers were abusive and probably worse toward Llewella. I, myself, have unclean hands... And I should have been able to step up to her defense. She didn't deserve any of the treatment she received, but the Antonov Family... doesn't really feel the same. So to you, Llewella, I am sorry. Îmi pare rău. Ar fi trebuit să fiu mai bine pentru tine. Și sper că îmi vei oferi chiar și o mică șansă să mă revanșez."

Ella sighed softly, knowing those words could only have been meant for her. No one else knew Romanian, except possibly a small smattering of words here and there from Ella tripping over them. She reached up a hand, pulling on her messy hair until it covered her eyes and shielded her pain. This stupid situation meant she was in the spotlight. Sure, it was only them, but it was still going to cause chaos. She just wanted to go home and forget this whole stupid thing, but if Serghei (and what of Demyan?!) was coming to Hogwarts, she had a whole year to be trapped in what she could only hope weren't more lies. If he was as much of a jerk as the other six, well... she simply would not go back. But it Mom, Linsey, Milan, and Bieito too... if they figured he was okay, well, maybe she'd have a safety net.

{{Wearing :: Ella :: Serghei :: Milan :: Bieito}}

{{Translation - "I am sorry. I should have been better for you. And I hope you'll give me even a small chance to make it up to you."}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Ella - #5B92E5
          Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC
          Bieito - #71A6D2

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey smiled as Milan pointed up how good she was at her position, and why she was selected as Captain of the team. At the mention of her protégé, she chipped in with, “Yeah, Yarrick is pretty darned awesome; best Beater in her family, and that’s really saying something.” It was actually a pity the rest of the Knapps weren’t still there on the pitch, as they certainly did much to keep the matches lively affairs, and some of the Beater duels were just epic.

In a way, Linsey was grateful Mom suggested taking the conversation on the subject of the matters surrounding Serghei and Ella to somewhere else other than the middle of Milan’s shop, as things could turn really ugly really quickly, and she was concerned for how much more of this Ella could handle before becoming an absolute emotional wreck. She wasn’t sure where Mom thought they could adjourn to, Milan’s office was pretty tight quarters for the number of people involved, the Leaky Cauldron’s taproom was too public, dimly lit though it was, and even if they were to use a Muffliato to mute the dialogue for the rest of the patrons, and she was pretty sure there wasn’t an Irish pub in Diagon Alley, even if there was one in Honolulu and two in Kathmandu. Thankfully, Milan provided a solution.

Hannah drew a deep breath when Milan offered the use of his flat, as she shared her daughter’s unvoiced concerns. Moreover, she knew her elder child well enough to know she would dig her metaphorical heels in on the subject of Ella, and Linsey’s loyalty to her adopted little sister would be a hill she’d gladly die on. Not that Hannah expected matters to devolve into actual violence, but she had to question what sort of person would use the term ‘sibling’ to describe someone of their own blood in their presence. No matter all the squabbles she and Lynn had growing up (and they’d had some epic shouting matches, especially while at school), they never would have used such impersonal terms to reference each other. With all that, it told her much that Ella was agreeable to the choice of venue.

Seeing the inside of Milan’s retreat from the world, Hannah was impressed with how he’d transformed what must have been an old Victorian loft into a very modern home. She also saw there was another young man present, one she guessed was roughly Ella’s age, if not a little bit older. “Un plaisir de vous rencontrer,” Hannah answered his greeting to her in French with a friendly smile. “Linsey’s already told me so much about you and your brother, and your reunion, it’s nice to get to meet you.” Thinking about reunions, the Hufflepuff alum, gave Serghei a significant glance, before looking down towards Ella, whose hand she was holding, as though to say to him without speaking a word, ‘For the love of the Almighty, lad, dona’ bodge this up, an’ leave me the mess.’

Linsey had a hold of Ella’s other hand, and gave it a reassuring squeeze to let her know no matter what her family was with her, and all would be well. She listened to what Serghei had to say, and aside from the odd snippet of Romanian she’d picked up from Ella, she had no clue what he told her younger sister. When she had the chance, she said quietly, “When I first met up with Ella, she was trying to figure out how to cook a pot of noodles in the Student Kitchen because she was too freaked out by people to have meals down in the Great Hall. Ella tried to go home for Christmas, and she found out she didn’t have a family…or a home…to go back to. I don’t like thinking about what might have happened if Blannat and I hadn’t found her…

Glancing down at Ella, Linsey saw her brown hair was in front of her face again, as though it had as much of a mind of its own as her own hair did. With a couple of gentle fingers, she deftly brushed it away from Ella’s eyes, while strands of her own waist-length silvery hair intermingled with her sister’s. In a voice just loud enough for Ella’s ears, she said, “You’re one of us, Taibhse Beag ; ye got naethin’ te hide from him. He cannae hurt ye…’ As she was about to say something more, Linsey felt Mom’s other hand upon her thin shoulder, and heard her say softly, “It’s all right, An tUan Beag. Let’s hear what he has to say…

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Apartment above Cloak & Coven - Diagon Alley
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan, Linsey, Llewella, Hannah, and now Bieito too
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dredging up family drama
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is turning out an interesting day

Well, this was turning out to be an interesting day. The group was shepherded up the stairs by Milan into a rather expensive looking apartment. Judging by the small sign at the entrance that specified peanuts were not allowed, paired with the one on the business door, it seemed Milan was the reason for those rules. Or... perhaps the other young man in his apartment. Definitely younger than Serghei... probably around Demyan's age, but he wasn't sure. He looked startled, but during the introduction, Milan practically spit fire toward Serghei. Alright, well. The boy, given the moniker of 'Bee', spoke in French, which was replied by Hannah. "Da, it is nice to meet. But you," he turned to face Milan, who simply lifted an eyebrow. "The word I was trying to replace in my sentence wasn't 'Sister'. It was.... Antonov. My surname. Because it was never bestowed upon Llewella. She, rightfully, hates the family name." He didn't want to get in a fight, but he figured he could beat a corset-wearing doofus who couldn't even brush his hair.... But he didn't want a fight to break out.

Serghei turned his attention to Linsey after he'd asked Llewella's forgiveness in their shared language, the blonde speaking to say how they had met. Llewella was cooking? Had she ever done that before? There was no way Father would allow that, but Llewella had a particular knack for disappearing, even from plain sight. He'd always tried to make sure there was food at the table, even denying himself seconds at the table only for the food to be rudely gobbled up by one of the older Antonov boys. Father always ruled that the men had to be fed first, yet Mother would claim her matriarchal privilege and eat as well... It really was an unfair shake.

But it was Linsey's next set of words that really startled the Romanian. Llewella had tried to go home for mid-winter break? But that was after the family had moved! It was then all the pieces fell into place. Father and Mother had been planning something from the moment the girl had flooed into the British domain. "I have... always wondered. That is not the story we were told, see. We - ah..." Now how to phrase this without sounding like even more of a jerk.... "We were told you died at school..." His words trailed off, unable to meet the eyes of anyone there. The voice that spoke up certainly wasn't the one he'd been expecting.

"They told you I was dead!? A-and did you even care?! D-did you even question his... his stupid self!" Llewella spoke up, using her full volume... which for her was practically shouting. The youngest brunette sent him a look with all the hatred and frustration she no doubt felt. He knew his next words would be important - critical, even. She looked so angry, but underneath that, hurt. "I... I tried, Llewella. But you know Father." He couldn't bring himself to ever tell her that the other six of the boys had cheered at the thought they'd never see the girl again. But to them, to the whole of the family - aside from himself - she was nothing more than an inconvenience. Man, this was really a terrible place to have this discussion, but he understood why Llewella would need her family and friends present.

Llewella had since looked away, hair hiding her from his view like a curtain. All eyes had returned to him. Lovely. "If it is any sort of... consolation to you, I am very glad you found a family. One that won't treat you the way you were treated. One that, I can tell from here, really quite loves you." He sighed softly, rubbing the back of his head for something to do. "She's done better than that. Ella has a huge family who all love her so much. And plenty of friends, if Linsey's stories are anything to go by. Sounds like all she needed to flourish was even the slightest bit of love she shared to be shared back."

"Yea, Ella's got a huge support circle at school. I think everyone looks out for her because she's just so nice. She's practically got a halo." Bieito chimed in, wanting to help Ella feel better. He'd also grown up in a loveless household, so he had a particular soft spot for the girl. "But those like she and I, who grew up in a household with people that couldn't care any less about us, honestly, I'm proud of her and grateful to the Greys. They've really done wonders. Things your family - or my mum - could never dream of." Ah, so he was sassy now too.

"Da, and Llewella- he paused when he was cut off by a quiet voice. "My name's Ella." Okay, he'd have to make sure to call her by her preferred moniker so as not to escalate the situation... "Alright, Ella, fair enough. As I was saying, you've always been deserving of love. And if no one else, I should have given it to you. You didn't deserve to grow up in that situation. No one does. So I will try to make reparations. Because I would like to know this Ella." He really, really hoped he'd get the chance, but the brunette was leaning back into her mother's side, still holding hands with both the females. Judging by the rise and fall of her shoulders, she was crying. Oh great, he'd truly upturned her life. He wanted to explain he'd tried to help, tried to keep her safe in some small ways, but he didn't really know if his words would be believed, much less accepted here in this forum.

{{Wearing :: Serghei :: Milan :: Llewella :: Bieito}
          Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC
          Bieito - #71A6D2
          Llewella - #5B92E5
          Eᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ' 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟs sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
          Lɪᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ, ᴛʀʏɴᴀ sᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇɪɴ' sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ. Iᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴋɪʟʟɪɴ' ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ?
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ's ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ! Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Both Hannah and her elder child were taken aback a bit by Serghei’s admission that his reticence wasn’t over the word ‘sister’ but the use of the family name in connection with Ella. It was understood Ella was a step-sister towards the rest of her brothers, but that her father refused to even append his last name to his youngest child was something neither of them could fathom. As soon as Linsey brought Ella home with her for Christmas, there was never a question she wasn’t one of them, it just required volumes of lawyer’s quibbles to make it so in the eyes of the law. Hannah reasoned that it was as well they adopted Ella as they had, as she strongly suspected Linsey would have absconded with the waif the first chance she had, so she wouldn’t have to stay in that accursed orphanage over the summer.

It was Serghei’s response to what she told him which served to send a surge of pure outrage through Linsey, but before she could deliver a blistering diatribe, it was … Ella?!’ who beat her to the punch. Linsey had never heard Ella raise her voice ever, and she couldn’t have been prouder to hear it. With a squeeze of her hand, she communicated her encouragement to Ella, and then echoed her younger sister, though with less venom and volume. “They told you Ella died? That…that’s monstrous, Serghei. What kind of parent says such a thing to a child? How did they claim she allegedly died? Did you or any of your brothers call them on their mendacity? Was there even a wake?”

Hearing Milan and Bee add their voices to Ella’s story was gratifying to both Hannah and Linsey. Hannah was glad to know Ella had a circle of friends looking out for her. Linsey repressed a chuckle when Ella reminded her brother how she really wasn’t ‘Llewella’ so much anymore, and she gave her little sister a hug as she started crying; seemingly her display of bravery having exhausted whatever reserves of inner strength she had. The white-haired Ravenclaw listened to what Serghei had to say, looking at him searchingly with her brilliant blue eyes. In a soft voice, devoid of rancor, she said, “Ye, know, the biggest question for you that I have, is why are you transferring to Hogwarts in your final year of school? It isn’t to reunite with Ella, not when you didn’t know she was alive still. I’m thinking you’re here to make a clean break with whatever’s going on at home and have a fresh start here. Am I right?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Apartment above Cloak & Coven - Diagon Alley
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan, Linsey, Llewella, Hannah, and now Bieito too
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dredging up family drama
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why is it always me to break bad news?

Serghei felt like a monster, even more so when the tiny brunette practically shouted at him. Judging by the looks on the faces of all the others, they'd never heard her raise her voice either. Of course, having been raised in the Antonov house, she'd never been allowed to speak up, and based on the fear it seemed she exuded, she hadn't done so since leaving either. Once Llewella questioned the lie their Father had told, it seemed Linsey was curious as well. And who wouldn't be? He supposed if someone had mentioned his passing, he could only hope someone would care as much as she.

Linsey had asked what kind of parent would say such a thing, and Serghei wondered just what Llewella had told them of her past. It seemed so far that they didn't know very much at all. "Ah, well... Our Father.... says things like that. He is... oh, how to say, un nemernic?" He glanced over at Llewella, the only one who could potentially translate. Instead he got a quite reply of, "I don't think I'm allowed to say that." Well... she was very young still, and not one of the rather crude boys. "Da, well. But there really weren't many details. The other six, led by Dmitry and Augustín..." now, phrasing would be important. He didn't want to absolutely crush Lewella with his words, but they needed to be said. "Let's say they didn't ask any questions. They... sărbătorit. Ehm... celebrated at the thought that Llewella would not be returning home."

"Good lord. Your family is sickening." Milan spoke on instinct, sounding startled and upset by the news. Serghei let out a sigh as Llewella sobbed at the words. Oh boy. He'd made her cry. All he wanted was to make things better, yet he was ruining everything! "None of them asked questions. I tried but Father ended the conversation. We were not permitted to talk about Llewella at all after only a few days. Perhaps so we wouldn't unravel the loosely tied lies."

He let himself be quiet a moment as the other spoke, his shoulders slumped a bit with the weight of guilt upon them. He'd never wanted any harm to befall her, but in his own selfishness, hadn't stepped up to help her. But it was Linsey's soft question that seemed a sort of salvation in the midst of this chaos. She asked just why exactly he was transferring in his last year. She even made a wise guess. Dark eyes, so much like those Ella bore, looked over at the girl.

"Da, you've figured it out. Father and Mother have a lot of... influență at Durmstrang. They run the show like puppet masters. And while my brothers all thrived, I am not them. I am struggling, especially with the Dark Arts. It is difficult." He sighed, knowing he needed to make a connection with Ella here or risk losing any sort of chance he had at salvaging this. "Father figured the best way to train my dueling skills was for a seven-on-one duel. No holds barred." He shuddered a bit, remembering that all seven had opted for the same first spell. They hadn't even given him a chance for defending himself before they all fired. His body had been in agony, and Father didn't let them end the duel until Serghei hadn't been able to lift his wand any longer.

"They... did that to you too? It wasn't just me? O-or did they pick you when I wasn't there anymore?" Ella peeked out, eyes and nose red from her tears. Her question had a lot of weight, and Serghei could tell her unasked question. He nodded once, hoping to clear the air. All eyes were once again looking expectantly at him, and Serghei cleared his throat softly before speaking. "No, Ella. You weren't the only one they abused. We all were, I think. Though at the boys stopped questioning and became soldații perfecti," he spoke, venom in his tones as he called his brothers 'perfect soldiers'. It was a term often used in praise in the Antonov household, but only when the boys were being perfectly obedient, exactly under Father's command.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again. Your family sucks super bad." Eloquent words from the Brit, for sure. "For real. I thought being constantly ignored and hated by Maman was bad. At least she only hit me when she was drunk." Bieito added, earning a look of surprise from Milan, Ella, and Serghei. Okay, so it wasn't only the Antonovs then... "She what? Never mind. We'll talk about that more while in the guardianship case." Milan released a heavy sigh while rubbing his temples, a small shrug from the French boy. Did everyone have messed up families, or were Linsey and Hannah... and possibly Milan, spared from the curse?

{{Wearing :: Serghei :: Milan :: Llewella :: Bieito}
          Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC
          Bieito - #71A6D2
          Llewella - #5B92E5
          Eᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ' 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟs sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
          Lɪᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ, ᴛʀʏɴᴀ sᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇɪɴ' sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ. Iᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴋɪʟʟɪɴ' ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ?
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ's ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ! Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 5:06 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey listened to Serghei’s explanation, and heard use a term to describe their father for which she was unable to translate, though judging by Ella’s reaction she guessed by context it was rather offensive, and maybe even blasphemous. What bothered the Seventh Year further was learning how most of the boys led by, she was guessing again, the eldest of the family, actually celebrated the supposed demise of their tiniest kin, and even if she hadn’t meant some gruesome end, the important bit was she wasn’t coming back. The only glimmer of hope to be seen was Serghei tried to question the matter, and was shut down by their overbearing tyrant of a father.

I saw the letter your father wrote to Ella,” Linsey said, her soft tone in contrast with Milan’s outburst. She then recited it from memory, “ ‘As you have now begun your magical journey, we have decided to move on. You are old enough to find a place to stay, but even still, you’ll not be able to find us. There is enough floo powder to get you back, but you’re on your own. This day has long been coming. Any of your things we found are in the bag by the fireplace. Be glad we did even that much’.” The girl with the long snowy-white hair stood behind Ella, arms wrapped protectively around her little sister. “That’s what he wrote, Serghei. She was eleven, and he did this to her. She could have died, and none of us been the wiser for it.”

The Seventh Year Ravenclaw tipped her head to one side, as she learned that her guess as to why Serghei was in England, alone apparently was fairly spot-on. Mentioning his struggles with Dark Arts training, and his father’s methods of training him up, she commented with, “Hmmm, agreed. It isn’t easy subject matter, and not the sort of magic I care to cast under most circumstances… before adding, with a note of derision, “Ah, yes, because that sort of dueling is entirely fair. Pretty sure Brianna Quinn-Smith wouldn’t allow such practices in her Dueling Club... And all of this to create perfectum soldati; no questions even if the orders are wrong.”

It saddened her to hear how Beito was hit by his drunkard of a mother, and again, she found herself feeling grateful neither of her parents ever descended into that sort of personal darkness and took it out on her. Linsey leaned in and gave her sister a gentle kiss atop her head, before looking up at Serghei again. “ I’m not sure what ‘nemernic' is, but what I do know is that what your father did was vicious, cruel and evil,” her attempt to pronounce the Romanian term was sketchy, and she used her own descriptors with precision, and without drama. She wouldn’t throw around a word like ‘evil’ lightly. “Your mother, if she did nothing to put a stop to any of this, or encouraged it, is no better than your father, and they deserve each other, and whatever may come from their actions. As to your brothers; if there’s one thing I’ve learned from my uncle and the rescues he takes in, if you’re raised to accept bad things, then you are will be inclined to do bad things. They asked no questions, even when they should have done so.”

Linsey drew a deep breath; she wasn’t used to speaking like this unless she was presenting a paper in class, or an argument in Wizard Law. What she said next was intended as much for everyone else in the room, as it was for Serghei “But, you asked questions, knowing the price to be paid. I think that’s important. You’re not your parents and you aren’t your brothers, and you've chosen not to be bound their fates.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 7:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom, Linsey, Milan, Bieito, Serghei
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Confrontations?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh yaaaaaay....

Ella wished this conversation might end, but at least she had Linsey and Mom with her. Linsey seemed more vocal, probably because she spend more time with Ella than mom... probably. The youngest brunette tugged on her hair in effort to hide herself a bit. It was a lot of emotions she wasn't used to having swirling all around. She frowned softly, glancing over a bit when Milan said the Antonov family was sickening. It was certainly correct, but somehow felt weird to say. Linsey's next words were about the letter left behind when Ella was left behind by the Antonovs. She frowned even deeper as the blonde recited the letter, the smallest girl claiming her hands back to cover her ears for the duration. She tried so many times to forget the words, but they remained in her head... and clearly Linsey's as well.

"I wish I could say I was shocked by it, but Ella is not the only to receive a similar letter. I got one in my third year for getting a 98 percent on an exam. I had two days to correct the error and improve scores or I'd be locked out. I think the others have gotten them too." Serghei clucked his tongue, shaking his head. But Ella was... different. He hadn't only threatened things with her, but fully removed her. "But either way, it was worse for her. It was good that she returned to safety, and more good that you were able to find her. I hate to think what might've happened otherwise." His tones were softer, but it sounded like he meant it. Ella shook her head a bit, being wrapped up in a hug by Linsey. She shifted her hands, holding onto her sister's arms for safety.

"Bonté, at least Maman had the guts to say she didn't want me to my face. I couldn't imagine going home to naught but a letter." Bieito's words earned a little look of surprise from dang near everyone. "Bieito that's..." Milan faltered, letting out a sigh and rubbing his temples. "That's not good either, mate." He ruffled Bee's messy brown tresses before draping an arm over his shoulder. Ella glanced at the brothers, glad that they seemed to be in similar safety as Linsey made her feel. She gently squeezed Linsey's arms to convey her message up to the blonde.

Ella listened to Serghei, then to Linsey say that Dark Arts weren't an easy subject matter, then scolded about the Antonov way of making sure Serghei was well practiced on his skill. It seemed he wasn't keen on it either. Perhaps Ella could offer a bit of help, just like Linsey did. "It's 'cause the spells aren't legal, Linsey. And Brianna surely knows the rules too." She tipped her head back, looking up at her sister. "Right, but they don't care about the rules. They just want to be perfect in Father's eyes. If they can be perfect, perhaps he'd be kinder to them. Or perhaps not, I've never been perfect enough to find out." Serghei's voice betrayed a bit of resentment, but Ella was sure she knew why. If he wasn't perfect in Father's eyes, he probably also got plenty of harsh words from the man.

Ella squeaked softly when the top of her head was kissed, an idea forming when the older girl said she wasn't sure what 'nemernic' meant, but that he was evil, amongst other things. Ella turned to face the taller girl, then offered some help. "It means... uhm..." she hesitated, glancing over at mom. She lifted onto her tiptoes and whispered into Linsey's ear the best she could. "It means 'arsehole' " She sent over a cheeky grin, before turning back to watch the others. She didn't notice the others smiling at the sort of help she'd offered.

"Da, you are correct. She was as much to blame as him. Though she didn't lay her hands on us nearly as often, she certainly had her own words. And she's done cruel things over the years, otherwise she wouldn't be vrednic... ah... worthy of Father's affection. Not that there ever was much affection." He shook his head, seeming a bit frustrated by it. Serghei knew his parents were horrible people, not to mention his brothers. "But you're right. All our brothers have done bad things, typically under Father's guidance. We... we all have." His words softened, gaze dropping to look anywhere but toward his sister. He'd joined them in tormenting her and he knew he would forever be guilty of the sins against her.

Linsey drew in another breath, trying to redeem him in some light. She acknowledged that he had at least tried to ask questions, in some small way defying the family order. Ella looked a bit sad, especially seeing that Serghei seemed at a bit of a loss. Thankfully, someone else stepped in. "It's possible for anyone to shake their fate... and their reputation. Linsey can probably attest that I was a bit horrible in my own right as a kid. But then... well it started when I fell down about eleven hundred steps. Some kid I didn't really know, but probably was none too kind to, stayed by my side. Held my hand and stood up for me. When I needed a friend, xey proved to be one. After that, well. It was pretty easy to flourish into new light. But... the hardest part is proving it to others, especially when they've seen the less kind sides of you. Though I hope everyday that I've done enough to earn forgiveness." His words were soft, yet kind. Ella looked over at him, wondering what he must've been like if he felt he had to earn forgiveness. Was he as mean to others as the Antonovs - Serghei included - had been to her?

"That is true. And though it is very hard, I will work to try and change into someone I'd much prefer. And I know it will take time, but things are changing. I don't intend to ever go back to Romania if I can avoid it. I never want to be like them, horrible and nasty... it's not me. I wish I could say it's never been me, but that would be lying all the same. But it will never be me again." Serghei sounded determined, dark eyes looking over to see if Ella would show any sign of forgiveness. Instead, her gaze dropped, the girl hiding behind her hair once more. He sighed, but knew it wouldn't be easy in any regard.

{{Wearing :: Ella :: Serghei :: Milan :: Bieito}}

Graydon Ironshield

Ella - #5B92E5
          Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC
          Bieito - #71A6D2

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers