Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Melody pulled her wings tight, diving down towards the clearing in the middle of the forest below. Just before she landed, they flared, slowing her descent so she could land safely on the leaf littered ground.

The trees grew silent at her arrival - the inhabitants of this land masking their presence until they could assess for any potential threat. The mare of course meant no harm and she glanced around her surroundings with a soft smile on her face - such a dense forest would be home to so many birds, she was sure of it! What songs would they sing?

She waited for some time, the creatures around her becoming bold and their unease settling. Birds chirped and tittered and the angeni's smile widened. Some calls she recognised, others she had yet to discover. How exciting!

In the distance, she heard a strange call - one that stuck out from the rest and gave her pause. It was so.. peculiar.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:20 pm
User Image

Tarquin had been luxurating in the sun, allowing it to warm up his bones after he’d had to go for a cold swim. The sound of birdsong was peaceful all around him as Adriata slept in his nest of hair. It wouldn’t be long before summer would start to fade, he had to enjoy times like these while they were here.

After awhile, he heard the soft footsteps of someone nearby and raised himself to awareness to see who was about. As he moved through the foliage, he spotted a lovely mare. Iridescent with birds all over her, they seemed to flock ot her.

“Helloooo!” He called as he approached trying not to startle her. Adriata was moving frantic in his hair and after a moment he saw why. There was a strange bird with strange noises just peeking out of the trees.

User Image

The bird hopped for tenatively, his large eyes in both it's heads taking everything in. It's one wing was tucked securely to it's side. (157)  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:29 pm
Melody startled for a second at the voice of another greeting her - but quickly relaxed as he seemed friendly enough. "Hello!," she greeted in return with a dip of her head. "Did you hear that strange call just a moment ago?" Her brow furrowed and her ears twitched as she listened for it again. A flash of something moving in the distance caught her attention and she stared at it - the call sounding again. She was certain that was the source - but what kind of bird was it?

Remembering her manners, she turned to the stallion again. "My apologies. My name is Melody." Her lips twitched. "I can't quite place what kind of bird that is. A duck, perhaps? The strangest duck I've heard..," she trailed off, mumbling to herself.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:51 pm
Tarquin bowed his head in greeting, “I’m Tarquin and somewhere hiding in my hair is Adriata my mouse.” He studied the….bird that had come into view. “I honestly don’t know. I’ve never seen a bird with….does it have two head?” He looked at the creature warily and moved a little closer as it made a kind of chirping sound looking up at him.

It was a larger bird than most. He could see why Melody had thought of a duck. But it didn’t seem to be a water type. “What could it be? It’s now a hawk is it? It’s very dark with such orange eyes.” He could feel the trembling of Adriata in his hair. She was always a little drama queen about meeting new people or creatures.

He turned his head back to the mare, “I think I’ve heard of you. You help and take care of birds don’t you? But you’ve never seen one like this?”

The bird gave another twitter and hop.

(325)  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:19 pm
As the bird revealed itself to her, she raised a brow. No bird she had heard of had two heads - though it wasn't outside the realm of possibilities. She shrugged her shoulders at his question. "I've met many birds, yes, but none have ever looked like this." The bird hopped away into the trees, letting out that mournful call again. "Perhaps it is hurt or lost. Maybe there's a whole group of them somewhere."

A hawk? She mused to herself. Truthfully, she didn't have much experience with birds of prey but she was certain that wasn't it. "Perhaps a crow of some sort?" She asked as she stepped into the trees, following the direction the odd bird went.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:29 pm
Adriata moved furiously squeaking in Tarquin’s hair. “Perhaps, a crow then. It’s certainly a bird of prey. My familiar does not like them as they our her natural enemy.” He rubbed against the lump in his hair, “I’ll keep you safe Adriata as always.” Her panicked squeaks seemed to slow down for a moment.

He followed the mare into the brush. “That might be why it seem to be acting strange. And crows are all black. I hear they have quite vivid eyes. Perhaps this one is some kind of….mutation or different species of crow,” he considered.

He looked to Melody, “I suppose that you are more well versed than I in how to care for injured birds? I just find it odd that wiht your expertise you’ve not encountered one of these before. But it is, stunning.”

The bird shuffled deeper into the brush, starting to make more pained sounds than before.

(479)  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:48 pm
Melody blushed softly at the comments he made about her experience. True, she was starting to gain somewhat of a reputation since coming to these lands but she was still new to her abilities.

"You give me far too much credit," she said quickly. "I'll try my best, but I'm not sure how much help I'll really be. Injured birds can be difficult at the best of times.. One this large.. who knows?"

Not a duck, not an eagle, possibly a crow. Where did this bird come from? Did it have a mother or did it just appear one day? Perhaps it was a gift from the spirits - a mixed-species that resulted from the love of two unrelated birds.

The pained cry came again and Melody picked up her pace, oblivious to the denseness of the trees increasing the deeper they got. Bark scratched against her side, twigs pulling at her hair. Her wings were pinned tightly to her side on instinct, trying to protect the delicate feathers.

"Perhaps it is a giant species of bird and this is a lost babe. I've heard of birds imprinting on the first thing they see... I don't think I'm quite ready to be a mother.."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:56 pm
“I thought you were called, Our Lady of the Birds?” He smiled knowing that it was not an official title and would probably irk her a bit.

The brambles grew thicker as they went after the bird. “Well, call me a coward but if it has imprinted, better you than me. I am certainly not prepared to be a mother.” However fate was working against him, but that is another story.

“Do you think it safe to keep going this far? Maybe we should call to see if it would stop? Perhaps it’s running scared?” (574)  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:07 am
The stallion's nickname did not go unnoticed and her blush deepened but she decided to leave her snarky retort to die on her lips. The scratches from the branches and thorns were deep enough that she couldn't look past them and she chewed her bottom lip as she looked ahead to where the bird had continued. It was difficult to move - it would be even difficult still for the two of them to go back the way they came.

As much as she wanted to help, there wasn't much she could do if she couldn't reach the bird. Without knowing what it was, she couldn't call to it. She let out a defeated sigh and gave a nod of her head. "We should head back. I'll stay in the clearing and perhaps it will come out again and I can assess it." She struggled to take a few steps back, tangled as she was. "Sorry," she grunted, "could you shuffle back - I didn't realise how tight it had gotten."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:35 am
They couldn’t get over how easy it had been. It was simple enough to pretend as though their wing might be hurt. All they had to do was hold it oddly and hoot plaintively. The key was not to make too much eye contact or else they might see it for what it truly was. That would not do at all.

It had been easy to lead them into the brambles, to get them hopelessly tangled and mired in thorns that would rip and rend ath their skin. It would make them bleed and the smell, oh the smell…

It would be sharp, coppery. Then as they struggled it’d become even more metallic. When they turned, then there would be pure fear in the blood and nothing tasted so divine as an angeni scared for it’s life. The male would taste good too, but the female was much closer.

She was also rambling on about this “mother” stuff. They had picked the flesh from their mother’s bones years ago. So if she wanted to be their mother in that way, then….well, who were they to say no? Not with such tender, tender flesh….

But they were getting ready to turn back and that mouse, that MOUSE was freaking out. It knew a predator when it saw one. Well then the game was up.

User ImageFrom one moment to the next, with a cracking of bones they shifted into an Owl shifter. “Oh yes, you can be my mother if you let us feast on that supple flesh,”Grima laughed. Grimora giggled, “Oh yes mother, do come and heal us. We are weak with hunger!” Then they lunged.

Tarquin tore through the brambles backward trying to give her room to escape this nightmare. He felt the ripping in his wings as he surged upward to move out of her way. “FLY!” He screamed.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:42 am
Melody shrieked as the creature snapped at her - brambles and branches be damned she ran as if her life depended on it - which, at this moment, it really did. Adrenaline masked the pain of the cuts that would need tending later but that was future her's problem if she existed.

She broke out of the trees into the clearing, the shifter snapping at her as it pursued. Luckily, larger now, it had been just as tangled as they were and she had enough time to shoot into the sky, her wings blessedly unharmed bar a few minor scratches.

A brief moment was all she allowed herself to make sure Tarquin and Adriata were free and she spotted their form in the distance and flapped her wings to flee from the area. Spirits blessing behind her, the wind carried her swiftly from the area and she couldn't help the shudder that ran down her spine.

Mother it had called her.. Awful!

At least she had learned a lesson. Sometimes a weird looking bird is not an ugly duckling waiting to turn into a swan. Sometimes it's just a monster.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games