[PRP] Tally Ho! (Galahad x Eevee)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:11 pm
User ImageGalahad was on a mission. That mission? To save a fair mare that he had heard was in some trouble! He'd overheard a small group talking about a friend of theirs that seemed to be in a sticky situation, one where she wished to leave a rather domineering stallion's herd but didn't feel confident to do so. Galahad, as bold and brash as ever, had told the group that if they'd give him directions to find this damsel in distress, he'd be happy to assist.

So off he rode at full tilt, hooves thundering on the ground. Galahad was never one to back down from a challenge and he often sought them out, especially when more delicate creatures were involved. It was rare that his services were used in this manner, though, as he usually stumbled upon those that needed his help rather than riding off gallantly to seek them out instead.

But it was no big deal! The group had given him directions, told him the mare's name and what she looked like, as well as some information on the stallion in question. It seemed he thought he was some hotshot because he-

"Whoaaaaaa!"

Galahad's thoughts were cut short as the ground beneath him suddenly....wasn't there! He fell very ungracefully, tumbling down an incredibly steep incline to a ravine that had a little stream running through the very bottom of it. He groaned as he finally stopped moving, his whole body aching with the sudden change of momentum. Not to mention there were quite a few rocks that he'd landed on in the process. Getting up to his hooves, Galahad shook himself to rid his fur and mane of the mud he'd been laying in. Looking around to get his bearings, he found himself in a deep crevasse. He knew just by looking at the walls that they were far too steep to climb out of alone.

Oh dear.

"Hello?" he called up, hoping someone was passing by. He grimaced as he tried to take a step, his front leg aching. He could tell it wasn't broken but he'd probably whacked it pretty good on a rock on the way down.

Seemed the hero needed rescuing now.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:39 am
SilverLutz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Eevee had taken "leave"of her herd and was a bit lost. Unsure of where she was it made her wonder if this was how the lost ponies she saved in the snowy tundra had felt just like this. Unsure, uncertain and a bit uneasy. Having been lost in the same area for about a day or so she had recalled a ravine that she hadn't really wanted to try and tackle as she had hoped to find another way around. It seemed not the case as she headed back towards it to look at it once more.

As paws fell softly upon the terrain she was in her ears stood erect as the sound of someone, and they seemed to be in trouble. Moving towards the sound she found herself at the edge of the ravine and looked around for a moment before casting her sight downwards. Ah-ha! Spotting a mud covered figure down below she wondered to herself how this was going to pan out. Ah, hello there! I think I heard you call out just a few moments ago? She doubted anyone else was stuck nearby, but maybe there was another stuck somewhere as well and that was who she had heard? Though she was here now, and if it turned out someone else also needed help she could do that next.

Looking around as she waited for a reply she tried to see what was nearby that could assist the figure below.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:12 am
Galahad paced as he waited for help, though he wasn't sure there would be any coming. He tried a few times to charge up the steep embankment but each time ended with him either sliding or rolling down. He needed more momentum that he just couldn't get down here.

A voice suddenly caught his attention and he looked up at the top of the ravine to find a mare peering down at him. Ah ha!

"Yes, good lady, that was me you hear," he returned, limping over to stand closer to where she was. "I seem to be in a bit of a tight spot, aha, quite literally! I am unfortunately a bit injured and cannot get enough speed to escape my current prison."

Ironic, he though. The hero needed rescuing from the fair maiden! And like the stories he'd heard as a foal, he was almost trapped in a tower...though rather than being high above the ground, he was far within it.

"Perhaps you have the time and desire to help me escape?" he asked hopefully.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:31 am
SilverLutz

Eevee was uncertain of what help she would possibly be in this situation. She did have paws, compared to his hooves, which allowed her a little better gripping power, but hooves also had their own advantages. Looking around she'd have to find something that he'd be able get traction with. Looking back down at him she gave a nod.

"I can certainly try. Let me see what I can scrounge up."

Disappearing from the edge she knew that whatever she found would have to be sturdy enough for his body weight, and not get cut by his hooves. Maybe there were some thick vines or a downed log, though how she'd move a tree she wasn't sure.

"I'll be back, I promise." She began her search for something to aid the stallion.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:51 pm
Galahad tossed his head as the mare went off to try to find something to help him get out. Hopefully something handy would be nearby, otherwise he'd have to wait for his leg to heal up a bit before trying to scale the steep sides of the ravine. That wouldn't do, of course. He had a mission to see to!

"Thank you!" he called after her. Waiting was one of his least favorite things so as she searched, he continued to try to find the best path for exiting. The ground was softer in some places and it allowed him to get a more sure footing, but it also made the dirt crumble around him and send him back to the bottom of the ditch. The harder ground would be nice if the mare could find something to toss down to him and hold on to the other end, but that would depend on her strength as well. Galahad didn't want to pull her down here with him!

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:39 am
SilverLutz

She was at a bit of a loss. Truly, she wasn't locating anything that could help pull the stallion to safety. Maybe there was another way to help him though.

Walking, for what seemed an eternity but was really only a few minutes, she found a slope that led to the bottom of the ditch. The water wasn't particularly deep so walking in it wasn't an issue. Moving back towards where the stallion was, she hoped it wasn't too far fetched for him to possibly just jump down?

Finally getting back within his line of sight she smiled. "Hey! So I wasn't able to find anything, but maybe you could slide down the rest of the way?" She wasn't sure if it would work or not but she was out of ideas.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:32 am
Galahad waited as patiently as he could for the mare to return, shifting his weight back and forth on his hooves as he tried to alleviate some of the ache. Thankfully the more he moved the more loose and less sore he felt, letting him know nothing was seriously injured. Perhaps he could give the slope another go if she was unsuccessful in finding anything to help pull him up.

It seemed that was the case, unfortunately. The mare returned without anything readily available but with a different idea. Galahad turned to glance down at the river below as well as the nearly vertical face of the wall leading down to it. Was that really his only hope? If he got down there he could at least follow the river out...

"Suppose that's the only course of action, then!" he said, looking back up at the mare with a smile. "I guess we'll see if it's viable." Galahad had never been one to shy away from a situation that may cause injury or pain and this was no different, though he did have that self-preservation instinct just about every animal had. It took him a moment to work up the gumption to move to the second ledge, his hooves on the edge which crumbled a little under them. The fall wasn't much more than he'd already gone and this time he knew it was coming, so hopefully he could keep himself under control rather than tumbling down.

"Tally ho!" he cried as he pushed himself over the edge. It was incredibly steep but the dirt was very soft, allowing him to stay up on his hooves as he slid down. He left deep marks in the wall as he went and he eventually stumbled as he got close to the bottom, the earth firming up. He splashed down into the river, the water about knee height. It helped stop his momentum and although he was soaked, he was no more injured than he had been at the beginning of this little mishap.

"Ha! Made it!" he called back up just in case the mare might be concerned.

"Thank you for your assistance, dear lady!"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:51 am
SilverLutz

She smiled back at him.

"I'm glad I was able to help you get down, I was severely doubting myself for a minute there. If you follow me we can exit this way!" She motioned for him to follow her and led the way forward.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out