Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] About that plant.... [Brinley and Judah] (fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:43 pm
Solo rp between Brinley and Judah

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:10 pm
The plant she found was unique, nothing like any other plant she encountered before. Brinley kept it hidden in one of her baskets that she would typically use to collect her herbs. She didn't believe the plant she found was a herb. She could go to her moms' and ask them for assistance in identifying the plant. However, she was also aware that her moms' were away from the forest right now, so it would be some time before Brinley would get an answer.

She knew of another horse that may be able to provide her with knowledge. But, Nevena had told her and her siblings previously to avoid the home of this soquili due to possible dangers involving the plants the soquili grew and tended to. Brinley paced back and forth, debating with herself. On one hand she may be able to get the answers she needed; on the other hand she would be going against her mom's warnings which wasn't something Brinley did.

Brinley nervously weighed bother options before making a decision. She would seek this soquili out, she would just be careful. After all, it was said that Judah possessed unparalleled knowledge of rare and potent herbs....at least that was what her mom, Hollie had mentioned to her when she was a filly. With her mind made up, she headed towards Judah's home, after collecting the plant from the basket.

She followed the winding forest path that led to Judah's secluded home. As she navigated the wild terrain, the forest seemed to come alive with eerie sounds. Shadows danced among the trees, and the air felt heavy with uncertainty. Brinley's heart pounded, but she pushed forward, guided by her unwavering determination to learn about the plant she discovered.

"I can do this." She murmured to herself. Why oh why didn't she wait until the next morning?!? Brinley was a mare that spooked easily who leaned on her family often for their support. But, she was continuing to try and push herself more outside of her comfort zone. Like, for example, leaving her home and coming across this plant or that time she had to escape that forest...

After a long trek, Brinley stumbled upon a small, dimly lit clearing where she spotted a towering figure in the distance, his head bowed over what appeared to be a vast and fragrant garden. As she drew closer, a shiver trembled throughout her body. Danger, that was what the feeling was telling her. She pushed the feeling down and approached Judah carefully.

"Good evening." She murmured, inclining her head respectfully. "I have heard of your expertise from my family and wish to learn more about a plant I have discovered. Brinley tried to keep her voice steady but her nervousness crept out, her tone wavering as she stumbled over a few words.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:37 pm
Judah's dark gaze lingered on her for a moment before he grunted, turning away and walking away from her. He appeared uninterested in Brinley's words. Brinley trembled, wondering if she possibly offended him. Did she continue after him? Or was this a warning that perhaps she should heed? She tittered nervously before deciding to follow after him, carefully walking around the herbs, not recognizing many of them. What were these plants used for? She wondered, eyeing them with trepidation.

"Sir, please I mean no offence. I truly wish to learn more about the plant I discovered. I care for many herbs and only desire to learn how to use this plant responsibly but it is difficult to do so without knowing what it is." Brinley pleaded with the stallion. He stopped and she narrowly avoided running into him.

Judah cocked his head at her, appraising her thoughtfully. His gaze was still quite eerie, the hood he wore covering much of this face. It didn't help that it was steadily growing darker, the shadows further hiding him from her gaze. His eyes eventually moved away from her, focusing on the bell-shaped plant that she carried.

"Foxglove is a dangerous plant," he finally spoke, his voice gruff. "Its powers can mend or destroy. You must tread carefully, for the line between healing and harm is thin."

So, that is what the plant was called - foxglove, what a fascinating name! Brinley listened thoughtfully as Judah continued, carefully describing the foxglove's potent abilities as both a medicinal herb, in small amounts, and how it could be harmful to anyone that took it in larger amounts. He outlined the potential dangers and warned her, that the plant should be monitored to ensure other animals could not gain access to it.

Brinley listened attentively, absorbing every word that Judah shared with her. Eventually he paused, "anything else?" He inquired, his tone impatient.

"No..." Brinley trailed off apprehensively. She had hoped that his exterior might soften, the more time she spent with him but, it appeared to her that he was merely humouring her. Although she wished to ask about the plants in his own garden, she had the feeling he would not be so forthcoming. "Thank you for passing down your knowledge to me, I promise to use this plant responsibly." She turned away before looking back once more, "have a good rest of your night, sir." She gave a small, nervous smile.

"Hmm." He grunted in response. "tell your mother I said hi, if you so dare." Brinley's mouth fell open in surprise. He smirked at her as she turned away in embarrassment. She nodded shakily, before scurrying off. She didn't think he would know who she was, oh dear......what a night! But, at least she got the knowledge she needed, right? She thought as she entered the dark forest once more, the eerie sound surrounding her.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games