Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Regular] Burger Date [Xi Wang x Fanglan]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:34 pm
LOST IN DRIVE
BACKDATED TO DECEMBER 21, 2020

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:34 pm
Fanglan was luxuriating in the living room in her robe, a decadent silk garment in deep shades of purple, green, and gold. She lay on her stomach with her delicate little feet swinging in the air behind her as she scrolled through her online shopping haunts in search of the exact perfect gifts for her little haram of beautiful boys. Her hair had been tied back in a single tidy braid down her back. She was alone, and had been for most of the day. Outside, snow drifted down from the heavens, and she struggled to remember some old story that her father had told her about whenever it snowed back home.

Father…

With things as tumultuous as they were, the old man’s precious Sunday calls had gotten shorter and shorter. Practically nothing left for a hello and a goodbye. The news held pitifully little to say about the conflict, father said even less. Somehow China had tightened its grip on information flowing from its people, so there was no way to know that either. And so Fanglan was left in crippling darkness.

She physically shook the anxiety from her shoulders and huffed, turning her attention pointedly to the screen in front of her. There was nothing she could do, and father was perfectly capable of handling himself. The rest of the family had been moved out of the country before things got too bad, and so… what else could she do?

She added another bauble to her cart as though to spite the anxiety and forced a smile. She was just about done, now, unless something else struck her fancy. And now, maybe after a long day of shopping, she could convince Xi to take her out for dinner. With no one else home, cooking and eating there seemed rather dreary. Perhaps seafood. Or something hopelessly American like cheeseburgers and fries. There was a grill nearby that served just such food in terrifying quantities that Fanglan loved terribly.

Yes, that was where she wanted to eat.

And with that decided she closed her laptop and padded to her bedroom, tossing every sort of fashion this way and that before she decided on a simple black tee shirt tucked messily into khaki cargo pants. She was just finishing up her make-up, inspired by Miss Rhona’s fiance’s videos, when the key in the lock turned, and she rushed out to greet her older brother with one of her customary bear hugs.

---

The skies had opened up hours ago, fairly early in the morning, and the snow hadn’t stopped since. It really wasn’t a surprise to Xi-Wang. He’d lived in this city his whole life and he knew how it could be, it was also why the sudden infestation of white rabbits didn’t surprise him. Though he was worried over the rabbits, considering what the last infestation of rabbits had been like.

It was why he had been avoiding them while he’d been out to classes, today was the last day before winter break. He remembered the last infestation of rabbits and what he’d heard of them - not good. He did not care to deal with rabbits filling their city again.

Turning the doorknob he took the first step inside, savoring the warmth and the sight of home. It was nice to be home and he meant it. This was home. His sister, a good friend and his two partners...it was perfect.

Nearly toppling over at his sister's hug he felt his arms go about her. “Fanglan, you missed me?” Teasing her gently, as she always seemed to miss him. He supposed after how many years of never having met, and him not even knowing about her, it was understandable really.

“Have you been busy?” Hoping she’d found something to do while on her own today.

---

“I have missed you for years, big brother,” was her customary response in their mother tongue, “Before I even knew who I was missing.” She kissed both of his cheeks before finally releasing him.

“As for if I’ve been busy, the answer is terribly. I have so many precious boys to buy for plus miss Rhona and her fiance and now her brother. You can’t even imagine how stressful it is.”

There wasn’t a hint of jest in her voice, and the deep frown on her face added seriousness to what would have been exaggeration in anyone else.

“Everyone has such wonderful and varied likes and dislikes, and I need to find the perfect gifts, but I think after a full day of combing through various sites, I think I finally have everything for everyone. Well, the central gift anyway.” Fanglan waved her hand in the air dismissively as she took whatever bags, winter gear, and various burden’s Xi-Wang had and placed them all lovingly in their proper places.

“There are of course the stockings to personalize and construct, the accoutrement to purchase with the central gifts… But those are for another day. My neck is killing me.”

She massaged it as though reinforcing her point.

“And I’m starving. How about burgers from the grill down the street? Your treat, big brother?” Fanglan put on her best angel face, as though she would need to do any work to convince Xi-Wang of anything. He was like their father. Happily at her service. And not that she’d do anything to take advantage in any serious way, it was a nice insurance to have.

—--------

Smiling down at his sister he pat her head gently. “And I’ve missed the family I never knew I had.” He’d only known about two sets of grandparents and a father. He’d never imagined a sibling and other family members - her family members. He’d spoken to Fanglan’s mother before as well as her grandparents, the maternal ones, and they were all very pleasant to speak with. The only piece he was missing was his own mother…but he’d given up hope on her a long time ago. He had what he needed and he knew that.

“That’s why I don’t shop as much as you do. I couldn’t handle it - I don’t know how you do.” Plus he honestly did not have the taste that his sister did. He was rather simple in his clothing choices, though perhaps he looked better in the winter when it was ok to wear tops which were slightly too large.

Laughing he watched his sister hustle about, putting away his school bag and books. She really did like to act sort of like a mother to everyone, or just a very doting little sister. It was strange, something he wasn’t used to, but he liked it really. It was comforting and warming in a way…in a way that spoke of family and all that he’d wanted growing up; but had never had.

“If you want, or need, to go to a fabric shop for the stockings we can arrange that…unless you’ve been there already.” Which could be the case, he wouldn’t even be surprised if it was indeed the case.

“Of course, food on me sounds good. Go get bundled up - it’s freezing. Also, don’t touch any white rabbits if you see any. The last time they were in this city they were magical of some sort.” He said, concern showing in his dark eyes. He worried for her, he always would, this city was not safe and while his father knew it the man had let Fanglan into the city. With their father not here it was Xi-Wang’s job to keep her safe - and he would.

“Go get ready. We can get coffee afterwards if you want.”

---

White rabbits? Now wasn’t that so curious? Fanglan would be sure to circle back to that, but for now she busied herself tugging on chunky platform combat boots into which she artfully tucked her pant legs.

“Coffee sounds enchanting, Big Brother,” she chirped as she stood, snuggling into her black puffer coat and burgundy scarf. “While we’re there I can show you what I bought everyone. Except for you, of course.” She clapped, the sound muffled by the cushion of her matching burgundy mittens. “Oh, Xi, I am just so excited about this holiday! I’ve researched how Americans celebrate all autumn, I am an expert in Christmas. And Miss Rhona is helping me with dinner -- don’t even suggest ordering out, I won’t have it!”

She tugged Xi’s collar closed and hustled him out the door, suddenly much more hungry than before now that food on, proverbially, on the table.

“I am fully confident in my ability to cook the ham I have reserved at the nicest butcher I could find. She is, however, bringing over pumpkin pie because I simply cannot fathom such a creation… It was good enough when she made it for Thanksgiving but… I just… I can’t.” She flapped her hands as though shooing the thought and the pie itself away.

“Oh, and you just wait until you see how I decorate the place. Oh! It’s going to be simply fabulous. I’m thinking… frosted peppermint palace, for the vibe. What do you think?”

Just as she asked, she pushed open the front door to their complex and was blasted with bitingly cold air, causing her to draw back into her brother and tighten her winter gear around her. There was no turning back now, no matter how bitterly cold it was. There were burgers and coffee on the line.

”I’m not surprised Rhona is helping you with the holidays, and Christmas dinner, I wouldn’t dream of taking that away from you.” His sister was terribly interested in celebrating the American way even though nearly everyone in the home was Asian. Mind you, they had all been raised in this country but Christmas with a bunch of Asians was likely to be amusing to say the least. He could see the holidays going badly, in terms of the food at least, but he wasn’t going to tell her that.

Fanglan was so invested in the holidays and he didn’t want to ruin it for her. Watching her for a moment he nodded his head slowly. “I’ll trust you and Rhona to handle things.” Because he didn’t trust himself one bit. What he and his mother had done was so simple and just thrown together for the both of them. There was no way to compare it to whatever his sister was planning, likely with Rhona’s help; or at least influence.

The cold was expected, though it was indeed harsh, he let his hands settle onto his sister's waist as he held onto her. “Come on, burgers and coffee to warm up with. When we get home we can watch a movie.” Since vacation started soon he wouldn’t have to worry about homework or classes and they could relax until everyone else returned home.Shifting his sister so he could keep her at his side, an arm about her shoulders. “You can even take pictures to send to father and the rest of the family.”

---

A movie! That sounded wonderful! Piling all the blankets and pillows in the living room and snuggling down with Xi. Maybe even Kai and Gabriel too! They could watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” or maybe “A Christmas Story!” Any of the movies she’d read about online that served as important hallmarkers for the season. And tomorrow, she would drag her brother out again, maybe alongside his boyfriends, and they would all go shopping for a tree. Fangaln fancied the white ones, they would go nicely with her frosted peppermint palace theme, making the icy red crystal ornaments pop like real candies.

And probably, let’s be real, pick up a few more pretties for someone or everyone while she was out. Father had already called her, laughing, saying how he noticed how much Fanglan was enjoying the American holidays based on the back statements. And the pretty wrapped package that had arrived at his doorstep the previous day, alone with strict instructions in the letter to not open until Christmas.

She snuggled into Xi as they walked, sighing happily and gushing, “I’m so happy I get to spend the holidays with you, Big Brother. It’ll be the best time ever.”

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces