Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Star-R] Up and Grow Flowers (Athene & Selinur) [fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:51 pm
Quote:
Nature’s Boon (10) : Flowers are blooming at an incredible place across the city and sometimes barren patches of grass can be overrun with flowers overnight. There have been heavy showers and a high pollen count but there doesn’t appear to be any other explanation. It is not uncommon to find trees with nearly double the leaves they usually have, with vines twisting up houses, flowers covering the front yard, or local fruits to have doubled in size. This isn't the first time Destiny City has seen such oddities, and there doesn’t seem to be any negative effects to this; scientists are questioning climate change. Or is it radiation??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:56 pm
[This rp takes place about a week after this solo]

For some reason it seemed like he could somehow sense youma.auras, which was perhaps not something that strange given that being able to pick up on auras was something that kind of came with the territory of being a senshi - or rather by being powered–

Only for some reason he appeared to suddenly be able somehow sense youma auras whilst powered down and that was something that had never happened before.

Athene fiddled with the strange engraved pendant that he had found on his homeworld as he waited for Selinur, because the two of them had agreed to patrol together for the evening.

He sat on a bench as he waited for the other senshi, eyes glancing at the barren patch of ground nearby or more accurately what had formerly been a barren patch of ground–

Because the patch that had been barren on the previous night, was currently blooming with a myriad of coloured flowers that for all intents and purposes shouldn’t be able to just up and grow.

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:55 pm
Pollen was something Selinur was not used to, at least no where near like this, his planet was snow and ice and while some things grew there it had never been like this. Sniffling the senshi of glaze arrived at the meeting spot, rubbing at his nose which was stuffy and yet somehow also drippy. He didn't like this summer at all; he was done with summer.

Last sumemr had been too warm but this hadn't been an issue, at least not like this, but this sumemr was hot and too many things growing. "Athene." Sneezing he couldn't help but make a face, he was hating this summer. "I wish I could go back to living on my home planet." He was serious, he'd even risk dying on his planet in order to avoid this all. The one good thing was that he had the pendant the merchant had given him last summer, it kept him nice and cool. Speaking of the merchant....he'd be visiting him soon. He had a deal with him, made last year, that he planned to see fulfilled.

Ruffling his hair, his ears twitching and moving as he did so, the ancient senshi took a seat next to the other. "Any area in particular you think we should patrol?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:14 am
Athene stopped fiddling with the engraved pendant in his hands and looped it around his neck before raising his hand in a small wave.

"Hi Selinur" he said quietly to the approaching super senshi.

"It is hot" he agreed, because he was currently having to pretty much slather on the SPF 50 sun cream in the mornings and then having to reapply it later on in the day–

But his pale skin meant that sun cream was pretty much a necessity in the warmer months.

"I can't say that summer is my favourite season of the year" Athene admitted quietly. Truthfully it was actually autumn, because autumn tended to still be relatively warm without being unbearably so.

He added "My cousin hates patrolling in summer too" although that was likely in part due to the fact that her outfit was much more suited to the cold.

Athene shook his head when Selinur asked if he had any particular areas in mind "No" he admitted, "But then I don't tend to stick with any one area in particular when I patrol, unless I'm out with someone else."

He frowned at the patch on the ground that had caught his attention earlier "Curious.." he murmured although the quiet word was mostly directed to himself.

But then again, in the scheme of things, a patch of flowers blooming in what had been to all intent and purposes a formerly barren patch of ground was probably one of the tamer things–

Well at least by Destiny City standards.

xxxSleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:11 pm
Sun block was something he'd never heard of till reaching this planet, and till this summer, last sumemr he'd done his best to avoid the sun. Now though he did know abotu sun block and some was on his cheeks and nose to keep him from burning. The heat wasn't as bad as it could be, since he had that nice pendant about his neck, but that didn't mean he still didn't feel it some. He was going to see how cool the pendant could keep him, he would takebeing ice cold over anything else really.

"I'd rather winter over this." Though he knew winter wasn't everyones favorite season as well. He knew some peopel got cold and din't like it but he was built to handle the cold, thankfully, but it meant that summer got to him.

"Ok, so if you don't have a place in mind than lets wander and see what we come across." Because he rarely ever had a place in mind, he was always hoping to discover new places in this city. Somewhere new to hunt for youma and officers in the city and some new place he could hide if he ever needed to. The city wasn't small and offered a lot of places to discover.

Standing up he motioned for the other to join him. "Those flowers shouldn't grow so fast...but this city is strange." He said nodding his head towards them. More strange things in this city...it was very interesting. Even he knew flowers didn't grow that quickly, at least not on any planet he knew of.

litian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:37 pm
Athene nodded in agreement "I’m good with that" he said quietly as he got to his feet. After all a lot of his patrols tended to be of the ‘wander around and see what he came across’ variety anyway.

His lips quirked up in a wry smile as he admitted quietly "I’m more of an autumn person myself" because he didn’t like being too cold either "But I guess at least in winter it’s easier to find ways to warm up then it is to find ways to cool down in summer - and I don’t have to use sunblock in winter."

He tilted his head to look at the flowers again for a moment before stepping over to Selinur "Truthfully, I’m pretty sure that the flowers shouldn’t have been growing in that particular patch at all" he gestured back towards the patch of brightly blooming flowers "As I was actually this way last night and the patch was completely barren."

He frowned slightly as he glanced back at the flowers again "But they do seem to just be flowers" the wry note crept back in his voice as he added "Which means in the DC scale of things that it’s one of the less strange things."

Athene suddenly remembered that trio of mini sausage rolls that he’d picked up from his cousin earlier in the day which he had stashed in his subspace pocket and retrieved the small bag which he offered up to Selinur "For you" he said quietly "They’re savoury rather than sweet."

He had a small bag of cookies for himself as he had a tendency to munch on stuff whilst out on patrol.

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:53 pm
"The fall is nice here as well, better than the spring or summer." But winter was what he was built for and used to, it was what made up his planet. Even their 'warmer' months were not all that warm. They were just warm enough to allow people to bury things inthe ground to grow root vegitables and anything else which needed to be put into the ground. It was one of many reasons they burned the bodies of their dead, and didn't bury them like they did on this planet. They couldn't get down deep enough to do so, the ground was too solid, but also because it would take up space which they needed for otehr things like growing crops and building hotels and other accomidations for visitors to the planet.

"Interesting..." Staring for a moment at where the flowers were growing, as the other mentioned them, but thankfully it seemed like a harmless bought of magic in this city. Some of the magic this city seemed to release was not so harmless, and was downright dangerous. How civilians made it through he didn't know, especially as they seemed clueless to the magic going on or how abnormal this all must be. He was certain these things weren't happening elsewhere on this planet. Yet the people here acted as if it were ok and normal; in a general sense.

"Food?" Perking up, ears and tail giving it away, he turned his light blue eyed onto the other and sniffed a few time. Oh, it smelled good. Taking the bad and poking his face into it he sniffed some more and pulling his head back smiled. "Thank you, I haven't had anything like these yet. They smell good though." And the other had gone savory for him as well; perfect.

Plucking one up fro mthe bag, between two fingers, he took a nibble before deciding to just finish it in one bite - it was that good.

litian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:55 am
Athene retrieved the small bag of sugar cookies out of subspace for himself after Selinur had taken the cookies and munched on one of the biscuits.

"I’m glad you like it," he said quietly as he made a mental note to thank his cousin. "I got the recipe from my cousin just in case, so I can probably make some more if you want me to sometime?" He made it an offer, it was not a particularly big deal as he (or rather Arian) liked to bake, even if he generally made the sweeter stuff like biscuits and/ or cakes–

And whilst any sausage rolls he made wouldn’t be quite as good as Saffy’s ones, because pastry making had never been one of his strong points, Athene figured that shop-bought pastry shouldn’t make too much of a difference as long as he made sure to buy one of the nicer pre-done ones.

He nibbled on another cookie as he fell into step, hesitating slightly as he contemplated whether to mention his suddenly ability to sense youma auras as Arian that appeared to have come out of nowhere–

Very much like the flowers in the former barren patch of ground come to think of it, although Athene doubted that the two things were linked.

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 pm
"Yes, or I can learn to make them." Since he could cook, or at least he could back home, it had been a long time though and things were not the same here as they were back home. But he used to be able to serve himself food without an issue, he was a hunter among other things, he had to be able to take care of himself. "You can show me how though, I'd llike that." Since he still was learning to cook and wasn't familiar with everything, especially ingredients and a few odd tools here and there.

Another sausage roll found it's way into his mouth as he walked at the others side, keeping his pale eyes glancing about them. "If this was back in space, closer to my own home, my senses would be so much better. It's very odd still to not smell some things as wel las I know I should." Or to hear things as he should. He'd mostly gotten used to it but there were times when he was shocked that he didn't hear something, because it startles him, or a smell he knew he should have smelled sooner or smelled better.

"I do not mind this planet though. It is different and interesting. To see where Earth has come to have a thousand years."

litian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:20 pm
Athene nodded in agreement "Sure" he said quietly, in part because it wasn’t something that he minded doing and in part because sometimes it was nice to cook with other people.

Back in the UK he and Robin had helped him to bake sometimes, even if his brother’s attempts at 'helping' had been more of the mess-making variety than any true help and he was still somewhat stumped and very much bemused at how helping to put flour in the mixing bowl seemed to end up with his brother getting flour over him, especially–

Athene shook his head slightly bemused, before his lips quirked up in a small but rueful smile as he looked over at Selinur and admitted "I should probably give you fair warning that I'm going to get shop-bought pastry for the pastry part though - because making pastry’s not really one of my strong point."

He paused, the rueful smile still on his lips as he added "Actually it’s never been one of my strong points."

The smile faded and Athene listened quietly as Selinur mentioned not being able to hear or smell things as well here. It was something that he wasn’t able to personally imagine, although perhaps being powered down was the closest thing to it.

Perhaps.

Although given the way that he had suddenly become able to sense youma auras as Arian, it wasn’t quite the same.

"I can’t say I know what that’s like" he admitted, "I.. When I’m not like this, I’m pretty ordinary" his lips quirked in a wry smile "I guess some would probably say I’m somewhat boring."

He sighed for a moment and hesitated before admitting quietly "Although lately things have been kind of weird."

Not in an ominous weird way, or a dangerous weird way - but being able to sense youma auras definitely fell into the 'in a strange way' category.

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:51 pm
"That's fine. I'm not familiar enough with the foods here to tell the difference." Maybe if given the time h'd pick up on such differences but he wasn't there yet. Back home he could pick up on various flavors and ingredients used, at least as well as anyone else could, but that was than and this was here and now.

"We didn't have a lot of...pastry or baked things back home, not like here. We did bake somethings but we did more cooking." He still didn't get the seperation of the two, both things were called the same back home. There was no seperation as they both resulted in food being made using heat of some sort. He didn't see what the difference was really buit he knew there was one, at least on this planet. But he didn't understand why they seperated the two things when there wasn't much difference to him.

"When we helped i nspace, for my fellow ancient senshi, I got back some of my senses. It helped in the water, in that dark area, I could hear and see better than I can here." It wasn't the same as back home but it was better than here, and it had come in handy he thought. "I don't know how you humans live with such dulled senses, though I suppose it's what you are used to so you don't know what you don't have." Ears moving as he spoke, as he thought, he shook his head slowly.

"If you could experience what I had, for a short while, it would make sense. It would be useful here on this planet." In a fight especially when you could hear someone sneaking up on you, or hear them coming towards you, it helped to hear the slight movements of people. To be able see someone in the dark easily and not be ambushed. It was a shame he lost his senses so much on this planet.

"Perhaps one of these days I'll try and replicate something from my own planet." To the best of his ability anyway, since the foods were different. "It won't be the same food but close, I hope."

litian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:47 pm
"I guess I’ve kind of always enjoyed baking" Athene admitted quietly, "But I didn’t get a chance to do much of it when I was growing up."

It wasn’t something that his grandparents in general (and his grandfather in particular) would have approved of - and as a child he’d ended up spending a great deal of time living with them before he’d ended up moving to the States at 16 to live with his cousin in Destiny City.

His lips curved in a wry smile for a moment, thoughts lost in half memories before he shrugged slightly.

Things were different from when he’d lived with his grandparents and neither Saffy or his friends had had the same issues with it that his grandfather had.

The smile faded to be replaced by an openly thoughtful look when Selinur mentioned that he’d managed to gain back some of his senses back when they worked with Ida and Illyria to help Alastor with his homeworld. "Has it been like that on other homeworlds" he asked quietly "Or wonders?"

Although that brought to mind the question of whether Selinur had had the chance to visit other homeworlds and/ or wonders.

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:41 am
"The time we were on Ida as well, when she became a royal. But I've not visited space otherwise, aside from my own homeworld. They are dulled, to what I assume is normal for all of you, when I'm here on Earth." To think the people here lived with such dull senses are horrendous for them, he felt bad for them all.

"It did feel nice to have my senses back, even if they weren't to where they should be." And than he'd returned to Earth and they were dulled and blunted so much.

As they walked he took note of another patch of dead grass, where there seemed to be nothing growing, but it seemed that slowly something was coming up right before his eyes. "That's also not normal. Your planet is rather interesting, with things like this happening. There were no such random acts of magic happening on my planet, especially during celebrations or seasonal changes." This planet was very interesting; a lot to learn here.

litian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:27 pm
Athene eyed the patch of fast growing yellow and orange blooms "True, although it seems to be a Destiny City thing" he said.

A rueful note crept into his voice "Even if the news does tend to report youma attacks as ‘unknown’ animal attacks."

He sighed quietly before admitting "But I’ve got family in other parts of the States and nothing like this ever seems to happen there." He paused for a moment before adding "And nothing like this happened when I was in the UK either."

Not that Athene was complaining though because his younger brother lived in the UK and he’d rather that Robin never had to come up against this particular part of his life.

His lips quirked up in a wry smile "But in the scheme of things the flowers seem harmless enough" and then quickly added "Touch wood" because there was no way that he wanted to tempt fate.

He shook his head slightly since he doubted that he was somehow going to end up solving the mystery of the weird flowers, with it more likely that they would continue to remain as ‘one of those Destiny City things.’

"By the way if you do ever decide to try replicating something from your homeworld food-wise then I’d be curious to try" Athene paused and then added "Well at least as it doesn’t involve either mayo and/or canned tuna."

Sleet Tempest Snape

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:27 pm
"Perhaps, for the sake of the civilians here, it is good that the reports are not honest. Though I do wonder if it wouldn't be good ifor people to know, so they could choose to leave or stay, it helps us in some ways. It keeps this war at a standstill, or clsoe to it, which gives us time to build an army and train." Though it did the same for the other side. But hopefully it would help their side more. But it also dragged this mess out as well. It was both a good and a bad thing.

"Touch...wood?" Confused bythe odd comment he stared at the other before shaking his head, one of those human things he figured. There were a lot of human things he still didn't understand, and would never understand, this was surely one of those.

"Mayo...and canned tuna. No, I would never involve either of those things. I'll let you try something when I do decide to try and replicate foods from my own home planet. It'll take some time, to find the right ingredients to come close to what was on my home planet though." But he would try for it, slowly, he wanted to get things as close to correct as he could. The spices would make it harder to replicate, as he was certain he could find similar enough meats, but he was sure he could come close.

litian

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces