Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R] one screw taken out of the door {Heliodor x Faustite}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:03 am
He knew who had visited him in the infirmary. If Faustite couldn't rely on his own memory, the nurses kept a log of every visitor for every room, so he need only ask for the log. He hadn't, not because he trusted his own memory or was conscious the entire time, but because the boy who was conspicuously absent had a habit of making himself the center of any room. He was unforgettable, and thus Faustite did not forget any of his visits.

Now that he was out of the infirmary, free to live on his own again and start his training, Faustite had the time and energy to think about it. He remembered well what transpired the night of the operation, how the ambush was sprung prematurely and the resultant chaos foiled the intended goal of the mission. He remembered the person who sprung that ambush, who had inadvertently caused so much confusion that a chaotic mess was borne of it. It was that person, in particular, who made himself scarce, and Faustite suspected it was his self-loathing tendencies at work again.

Faustite had gone through the dilapidated front door to their Sunken City house and made for the strangely-shaped kitchen at once. To prepare for the conversation he was going to have, he sought a tea with a stone fruit base and put the kettle on (the stove this time, for he wasn't certain about his own constitution yet). While he waited, Faustite retrieved his communicator.

"Headache," he commanded into the gloom. In the seconds of silence that followed, a thousand glittering fireflies assembled into the shape of Jadarite.

"Here. Send a message to Heliodor. Ask him if he's going to avoid me forever. Make it sound like there'll be repercussions if he doesn't respond."

"Okay," it returned in Faustite's voice as it typed the exact message as Faustite had said it. While Headache was still slow with the touchscreen, it was yet faster than its owner.

Faustite curled his lip. "Ew, you can speak now. Keep that to a minimum."

kolina

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:44 pm
The last rays of the day were straining themselves over the skyline of the city when Heliodor had set out for the evening. His nightly ritual to wear himself down to the point of exhaustion. It wasn't a difficult process. If he was honest with himself he would fall into bed hours before he actually did. But it was fine. He had survived on even less before and came out of it fine in the end. Then again, perhaps fine was relative, but he was still alive and that was all that mattered.

He slipped over the rooftops, pausing for a moment to watch as the sun finally dipped beyond the horizon and twilight finally took hold. It was in that moment his communicator informed him of a message. Brows knit together as he read the message, obviously crafted by Headache, and anxiety began to twist the knot in his stomach even tighter. The damn thing never seemed to untangle itself, at least not since the night of Faustite's mission. And now, it seemed, his time had finally come to deal with the idiocy of his actions.

He ran a hand over his face. He had a moment where he wanted to banish the tablet to subspace and pretend that the message never came through. But, he knew better than to try something like that. Not only would it gnaw away at him, but this was Faustite. The boy was persistent when he wanted to be, and toss into the mix that he was a General King now, well...he had even more power to throw around. Not to mention Helio was sure he'd find himself plucked from the city and confronting an even angrier half-youma. Plus, the message had made it rather clear what ignoring it would lead to.

Also, a small part of him had been waiting for this. Waiting for the axe to finally fall and save him from this endless world of limbo. His imagination had been the enemy this whole time as various outcomes were thought up and played on repeat in his mind that even found their way into his sleep. Hence, his need to be so tired that even his mind couldn't betray him.

Where did he go? Did Faustite have a new office by now? Surely he did. Helio hadn't gotten word on where it was. His self segregation meant he got little info. Seeing the team at the bank had been his first interaction with any of them since April.

He took a deep breath, nostrils flaring.

Peeling paint and worn wood greeted him as he teleported to the team house. A trembling hand reached out and opened to door, allowing him to slip inside, eyes darting around the entrance-way for the General King whose presence filled the entirety of the area. Just like at the bank, Faustite's chaotic energy couldn't be mistaken anymore. It was a strong, forward presence.

A part of him was incredibly proud.

"Faustite?" He called, his voice was shaky. He cleared his throat as he began to move deeper into the house. Thankfully, it hadn't taken much searching. A large as the place was, the kitchen and Faustite's bedroom had been the most logical places to search first, and the former was on the same level as the entrance.

Helio didn't cross the threshold. Eyes kept down to the floor or flickering to the stove occupied by a kettle. Never settling on Faustite himself. Even Headache in the shape of Jadarite garnered Helio's direct gaze. Wait, that was headache right? Yes. As close as the youma could get there was always something off. Not to mention the lack of the General's aura was a good giveaway.

"Message received." He said, as if it wasn't clear enough with his presence.

Lips pursed as he finally forced his gaze on the General. Finally really looked at him since he'd last laid eyes on his husband at the entrance to the rift. Eyes darted to Faustite's hand at that thought as his stomach clenched in response.

strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:45 am
When he turned to face the boy that walked through the door, he was wearing what he wore the day that he nearly burned to death. He had been trying to become familiar with his mismatched boot sizes, with the extra bump of power, with the strange way that others looked at him now. He had been trying to determine if this promotion would widen the gap between himself and the people he had come to trust and rely on. In Heliodor's case, it seemed to be so.

Now that Faustite had a new office, Heliodor was nowhere to be found. Some treated it as business as usual, others considered it cause to celebrate and spend some time alone with him, but Heliodor took it as an opportunity to disappear.

Taking a moment, Faustite reverted to his more familiar General's garb. He furrowed his brow when he realized those sleeves were rolled up as well, but made no comment of it.

"You've been gone," he stated quietly. "Seems callous for a new husband to ditch the boy he married. Leaves me with a lot of questions." The ring that Heliodor gave him occupied his attention, and he twisted it restlessly as he went on. "Is it because I survived? Because of the promotion? Because you sprang the ambush early? Boy starts to wonder.

The kettle began to whistle. "Stay a minute. Have some tea with me."

kolina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:10 pm
Despite not making direct eye contact, Helio was very well aware of the change when Faustite switched his attire. The change of appearance was strong enough to note, but not to pull the boys attention from the spot he found utterly fascinating on the counter top. Helio was incredibly uncomfortable as he stood there at the threshold of the dining room and kitchen. He didn't know what to do with himself. As much as he both dreaded and awaited this meeting, it still didn't mean he was prepared in any sense.

No. He was anything but prepared as it became apparent when he visibly flinched at Faustite's words.

"I could never wish you hadn't come back." His voice was barely above a whisper. To think that the thought had crossed Faustite's mind...

"Why?" Ever so slowly he forced his gaze from that small spot to his husband. He carefully watched Faustite from behind purple fringe. The visual changes were still apparent, even with the shift Faustite had made with his clothing. While there were no crystals now, and the coat was a more familiar cut and pattern, the rolled sleeves showcased one of the changes that had come from, what Helio could only assume, was Faustite's near youmafication. His eyes glued upon those appendages and the darkness that had crept so much higher on those thin arms. His brows furrowed as guilt surged. "Why even bother? With this? Me?" He croaked out, voice breaking.

It would have been better. So much better if this conversation was happening in Faustite's office. An official space where he wasn't being offered tea and quiet conversation. He'd prefer yelling and screaming instead of this quiet questioning.

"I...I don't...I..." He took a deep breath trying to gather himself. "I ******** up. If it hadn't been for Queen Laurelite you would be a youma right now and I..." ********! He hated this. Frustrated, he pushed away the fringe that he had been hiding behind.

The corrupt was utterly anchored to the spot where he stood even with the invite to tea. Perhaps because of the invite he didn't dare budge. His eyes shifted away from Faustite again, finding the wall to the General King's left. "I don't deserve this. You." He said, self loathing and bitterness coloring his tone, even with his voice being incredibly quiet by the end.

strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:32 am
"Been avoiding me," Faustite answered simply. His attention remained on Heliodor's face, regardless of the fringe that the boy tried to hide behind. "Only so many reasons why you wouldn't want to be around me." It wasn't what he believed, but he hoped it would suffice to convey the damage done by all this ridiculous, self-absorbed avoidance of which Heliodor was so fond. It was up to the boy to begin thinking outside of himself and internalizing that fact, however.

Ah, there it was. As Heliodor started mouthing off his self-loathing, Faustite felt his rage come to a boil. "Do you think I'd marry ******** anyone? Are you so ******** dense that you think one ******** mistake makes you worthless as a — ******** it, don't answer that."

The kettle was whistling. It was an opportunity to avoid slapping the s**t out of his boy. It wouldn't work anyway; that self-loathing bullshit was ******** indelible at this point.

After picking up the kettle, his hand shook as he poured into both cups. once the water level rose enough to saturate the loose leaf, he set the kettle back down on the stove with more force than he intended. <******** damn it, Heliodor, you don't pay any ******** attention, do you? 'If it hadn't been for Laurelite', ******** hell. Where the ******** do you get off — don't answer that either." He turned, faced the dolorous boy, and reminded himself once again to not slap the s**t out of him for the war crimes that were his self-absorbed nonsense.

But he did approach, and he did get in the boy's face despite having to stand on his toes to do it. "Guess what, a*****e, we're still married. Nothing ******** happened there. Laurelite didn't divorce us. And your mistake doesn't erase the fact that I decided to spent the rest of my ******** life with you. The life that I still have. So quit this ******** deservedness s**t and tell me how you want your ******** tea."

kolina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:06 pm
He opened his mouth to reply but was cut off. Not that it mattered. He had no way to defend himself at this point. So he didn't say anything. Not a word, as Faustite tried to both chastise and explain. Questions left unanswered as bidden.

What he had expected when coming here wasn't this. Not an angry tirade for his avoidance. He'd ******** almost brought the end to his husbands humanity and here Faustite was acting like it was no big deal? Like it was just another day? As if it didn't matter? Cause it did. It mattered terribly.

Helio couldn't wrap his mind around it and he watched Faustite with sullen eyes, flinching when the kettle met the stove with force. Practically withdrawing into himself as his husband continued.

And as Faustite approached, finally, Helio expected a physical assault of some sort. Prepared himself for it. The fire in his boys eyes seemed to promise it but, instead he found himself merely face-to-face with the General King. Gaping like a fish by the end of it, mind completely blank as he just stared at Faustite in the silence the fell between them once everything was said.

Eventually he looked away, breaking the eye contact he'd made when Faustite had approached and forced his proximity. He was so tired. So incredibly tired and emotionally exhausted that Helio found himself stuck, unable to fully comprehend the metaphorical peace offering that was being offered to him. But, being able to understand it and accepting it were, thankfully, not related, and Helio fell back to old training. "Just sweetener." He responded dully, eyes still not moving to meet Faustite as he pressed his back into frame of the entryway to create enough space to skirt around his boy without touching.

He moved further into the kitchen, finding a counter space far enough away from the stove and prepared tea. It give them both space, but specifically Helio, when Faustite went back to preparing their drinks as if he were merely hosting a leisurely afternoon tea break. He let the silence hang heavy before, finally...

"I don't understand how you can just be..." He weakly gestured a hand from the tea to Faustite. "alright about it. I don't understand. I ******** up in a way I don't think I can ever forgive myself for." He had been so frightened once he realized his mistake on that battlefield. And then to watch Faustite suffer and struggle as his youma began to overtake him...

He tilted his head back to stare at the ceiling for a moment, a wetness settling into his eyes at the memory.

Strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:41 am
As he turned back toward the two cups, he mouthed Heliodor's reply with a roll of his eyes. No response about anything else, no dawning recognition for how Faustite could be correct and he could be wrong and that, yes, actually, all this self-pity horseshit was a waste of everyone's time (including his own). Instead, he got just sweetener. Because Heliodor could only deign to answer what was directly asked of him!

While Faustite worked himself up into a smoking tizzy as he waited for the tea to steep, Heliodor began asking questions again. Questions that Faustite didn't know why he bothered asking. Sighing, Faustite braced his hands against the counter.

"Step outside yourself a moment," he told his boy as he watched his reflection in the kettle. "Soldier ******** up. It's an accident. Nearly costs him his CO. CO lives, but the soldier's tied himself in knots about it. Think that soldier needs punished? Or would that just feed his self-hatred for having committed the mistake? Don't need to punish you anymore."

Sighing smoke, Faustite turned around and braced the small of his back against the counter. "Being alive means I can choose to forgive you. I'm not ******** dead, and it's nothing short of a ******** relief that I didn't dump all my memories and lose my rank just to stay alive. Don't you see? The alternative to what happened — mission success — <********. sucks.

"Glad you ******** it up, honestly."

kolina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:21 pm
He inhaled a breath through his nose to settle the dampness that had dared overspill. Another one. Eyes closed as he listened to Faustite move, listened to his words.

He dropped his head, looking even more weary for the efforts he was making to fully pull out of himself, as told, and attempt to view the whole sequence from another perspective. It....it helped. A little anyway. But to allow self-punishment to be the only course of action? Helio didn't agree with it. It made what had transpired feel as if it were nothing more but an insignificant matter. As if people hadn't been thrust into a difficult and incredibly emotional situation because of a mistake. A big mistake. He wished, on many accounts, that Kama had followed through with his emotional outbursts and threats.

Even if the turnout was, honestly, the best result any of them could have asked for.

"Glad you ******** it up, honestly."

"I..." He cleared his throat at the roughness of his voice. "I am glad that, despite it all, you're alright. Better than alright, it seems. I never could want anything else for you. Never wanted to see you hurt." He said, arms folding across his chest as he sunk further against the counter and into himself. "It's all just..."

It was all a ******** jumbled mess within his head and heart. That's what it ******** was. A gods damned mess that was impossible to vocalize at that moment. All he knew was that, despite the turn-out and his boys' own forgiveness, Helio wasn't ready to offer himself that sort of kindness.

"Just because the outcome was for the best doesn't excuse what I did." Wearily he managed to keep his gaze on his husband. A marked improvement from when he first came in. A forced improvement, but if his boy was willing to stand there and try to speak reason, then it was only appropriate to give his attention where it was due. Even if his eyes attempted to slide away to the steaming mugs of steeping tea.

Strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:34 pm
Faustite nodded as he plucked the tea strainers from their cups and dumped them into the waste bin. It was easier to speak with his back to his hurting, if infuriating, boy. "If I wanted to punish you, my goal would be for you to recognize your mistakes. You already do. Need to learn from them now, and you've already proven to me that you're trying to learn from them without punishment's help. Ruminating on it like this is proof enough.

"But if you're still craving something handed down to you…" Faustite finished adding a packet of that turbinado s**t that Waru kept in the cupboards before he turned and offered Heliodor the hot mug.

"Figure out the answers to these questions: what clouded your judgment such that you misread a signal? How can you stop it from happening again? What can your teammates do to help you succeed?"

A hand curled at his hip as he returned to his own cup. This one received honey and milk, stirred to a color similar to coffee with creamer. He tapped out his spoon, set it on a small tray, and took a sip of his piping hot tea. It hissed and sizzled once swallowed, crackling at the bottom of the grate. "Can give you an assignment, too. Start working with the team. Help them out. Whatever simple s**t, however small — do it as a civilian if you have to. Help Waru renovate his shithouse of an apartment. Help Haru rearrange his room. Build Tama a new ******** cat tree. Get to know your teammates, their strengths, the areas where you can help cover them." He took another sip; all this talking was chafing his throat.

"Know it's not what you want to hear. But what you need and what you want often follow different paths. You're a tempestuous boy, Heliodor. And you ******** hate yourself."

kolina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:20 pm

He hesitated for a moment as the cup was offered to him, but Helio took the few steps to the Faustite to claim the cup of tea before returning back to his chosen location. The mug was hot in his palms, scalding almost, forcing him to hold it by the small handle with one hand. His fingertips of the other helped keep the vessel steady just enough to mask a trembling he hadn’t even noticed until the liquid betrayed him. All the while he listened to what Faustite had to say.

The reasoning behind the chosen punishment made sense. But old habits of expectations were hard to break. While Helio had made mistakes that wardened only verbal repercussions, others…others had brought about a more physical consequences. Even if Faustite hadn’t been the one to dole them out, the expectation was there. And now…would he be considered a masochist for almost wanting it?

This quiet and gentle punishment was….confusing. In the past Faustite’s words could feel like a whip that bit deep and painfully. Even that would be more acceptable. In the moment.

He nodded though at the offered ‘punishment’. It was something, he supposed.

Golden eyes watched as Faustite tended to his own cup. Those slender fingers tended to the drink with cream and honey, of course, for his husband. The liquid turning to the color of a sad coffee. Helio’s own preferences tended to lightly sweetened coffees and teas without a hint of creamer or milk.

At the mention of an assignment, Helio tentatively raised his cup to his lips, sipping at the hot liquid. Even with the taken care, he scalded his poor tongue on the tea, nearly spilling the drink in his surprise. Shakily, he turned and placed it on the counter next to him as Faustite finished.

There was that tongue. Though not as barbed as it could be. He opened his mouth as if the argue, but snapped it shut. There was nothing to argue about. Not when Faustite saw right through him. That thought had the boy turning his head and gaze away from the General King. His nostrils flared as heat rose to his face with humiliation. Leave it to his boy to cut right to the core.

“Fine.” He said more sharply than he intended. “I must come across as some introverted p***k to be assigned something like ‘get to know your team.’” A pause. “Assuming the team wants anything to ******** do with me anymore.” His voice low with disgust. Another moment passed before more rose to the tip of his tongue to be unleashed…

He bit his tongue as he opened his mouth to throw another scathing remark. There was no point. His punishment and assignment was set no matter how much he didn’t agree. Faustite had drawn his line in the sand and appeared to be holding to it. There was no point in making them both miserable. In fact, that thought tempered Helio the most as it quickly led back to the pain he’d already cost his boy.

Pfft. His boy. His husband. What right did he have to claim Faustite as such right now?

The boy practically collapsed at his center again as he crossed his arms in front of him, tea left on the counter to cool, perhaps even forgotten already.

“Are…” He paused. “Are you really alright? No side effects or pain?”

”Strickenized”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:33 am
"No." Faustite paused, pinched the bridge of his nose while his back was to Heliodor. Once a minute passed, he turned around again and pushed himself up atop the counter. "Don't deflect, either.

"Know you're a social boy. But I've been part of the Negaverse long enough to recognize a soldier that doesn't know his comrades. Not asking for you to share a coffee with some of them and be on your way. Need you to know them. Just as importantly, I need them to know you. With familiarity comes trust; after what happened, you need a lot of it. From everyone. Including yourself.

"And sometimes it takes someone else to show you that you can trust yourself and survive." He finished, sipping his tea.

Faustite recognized that this was an exhausting conversation that he brought on himself. Facing Heliodor, stubborn bull as he was, felt like a Sisyphean exercise. He could only hope that something of what he said was getting through, but often it felt like he spoke the language of youma to a human boy, or else some ever-widening gulf of experiences divided them even further at any time they decided to have a conversation. And with Heliodor's mercurial nature, he got the wonderful times with a genuinely sweet boy alongside these abysmal moments when Heliodor wanted to kill everyone in the room and then himself.

Thus did Faustite often get the brunt of his aggression. And there was no stopping it — no words, however kind or cruel, seemed like enough for the boy. No gesture or act could forestall his ire. No decision, however sound, was ironclad enough for all his teething rage. His shoulders sagged under the weight of his exhaustion as a growing mourning for the impossibility of their situation brewed behind his sternum.

"Team trusts my judgment. If I'm giving you another chance, they will, too. But don't be surprised if some don't like it." He knew of a few that would follow suit only begrudgingly, and only because it was Faustite requesting it. Those integral pieces of his team were both loyal and fierce; he was grateful to have them, but he wondered if Heliodor might push their tenuous restraint too far.

kolina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:40 pm
Deflect? More like he was trying to create space to breath and temper himself.

So he listened. And grew more angry. "Look. I get it that getting to know comrades is important, but it's a two way street. To stand there and make it sound like it's my fault that I don't know them and they don't know me is bullshit." Had he ever gone out of his way to know them? No. Was he ever rude or unkind to them? Not that he could recall. Were the circumstances that may have made some of the team wary of him? Sure. But never. Not once to his knowledge, had he gone and went out of his way to NOT know anyone on the team. The amount of interest they'd shown in him was mutual at this point.

"Fine. Whatever. Place the blame on me. Easier that way I suppose. But what you're asking for isn't going something that's not just going to happen because you want it to. I can trust someone to do a job, but to trust them wholly..." He scoffed. "Well, you said it yourself. I can't even trust myself. So.." Bitterness hung on his words. He shrugged as he pushed away from the table to pace back to the entry of the kitchen.

Trust isn't easily doled out to anyone. Hell, even Waru hadn't earned it in its entirety, and he'd been the most open and welcoming of the lot. Opening himself up to that level felt impossible. There was only one person who he felt safe enough to open to and it seemed to lead to far too many arguments. He lowered his gaze to the ring on his finger that his thumb idly fidgeted with.

Why did it always end up this way? He loved his boy, but it felt like there was this immeasurable wall that, no matter how often it was razed, it was built right back up again. Helio would think they were finally past it. Finally, but something else would just come and prove him otherwise. He was flat out exhausted from it. How many more times could they do this? Could he do this?

Turning away from the entry way, he sighed as he looked at Faustite. The amount of pain he kept putting himself through for this boy he loved felt almost inexhaustible, but he feared that one day he may hit a limit. "Is there anything else?" He questioned quietly.

Strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:52 pm
This ******** boy

Faustite rolled his eyes to the ceiling once Heliodor turned away from him, sniping comment on the tip of his tongue, and began to leave. These arguments, they always ended this way. They would both speak their piece, something was lost as if they spoke languages that were cousins to one another, and they would both split up, unhappier than they were before the argument even started.

And Faustite hadn't intended to have any sort of argument. He thought that by being kind to the boy, for once, Heliodor would enjoy and become comfortable with that change. But what the boy did was the same as always: he bit the hand that reached out to him and railed against any assistance, assignments, or allies with sordid levels of self-loathing. He was ever a turbulent boy, and he would not rest until everyone around him understood how loathsome and horrible he was, even if that was the furthest from the truth.

There had to be a way to break this bitter cycle, Faustite knew. But no matter what he did as a superior officer, it was the wrong decision.

Huffing, Faustite summoned and donned his cincher, hastily fastening it while he tried to ignore Heliodor's stinging words. They were bait, he told himself. Bait to encourage him to hurt the boy, maybe in the way he remembered. In a way that was familiar to him.

"Wait," he called out as he caught Heliodor's hand in his. "Look at me. Listen to me." He dropped the hand, then moved to cup the face of the boy. Staring up at him, Faustite forced himself to press on, though his pulse hammered under his skin strongly enough that he was certain Heliodor could feel it, too. "Tasking you with this — it's just logistics. More realistic to move one person between twenty, at your own pace and on your own time, then move twenty people to you. Don't take that to heart. Don't read into it.

"Even as a General-whatever, everything you've said shows me I've a long way to go. If you don't want to listen to me as your General, then listen to me as your husband. If you can't trust yourself, then trust me. If you can't take a chance on yourself, then leave your judgment in my hands." His hands dropped to the boy's shoulders. "Let me ensure we're okay. But if you walk out that door, pissed off like you are, then you made your decision for both of us."

kolina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:45 pm
It was the unexpected contact that caused Helio to flinch, but he didn’t pull away. While it had been unexpected it wasn’t unwelcomed. Just…not what he had anticipated. That tenderness shifted to his face, and brown knitted as he carefully assessed Faustite as he spoke. Golden eyes locking with those molten ones as commanded. Searching.. Or perhaps it was Faustite doing the searching?

So he listened. Heard it all. Probably looks like a fish for the way he opened to respond and closed again, unsure how to even react. Part of him wanted to snap out. Try to explain, again, that he wasn’t trustworthy. That yes he trusted Faustite but that trust could not be extended past the singular person who had both destroyed and rebuilt his life. It was why he struggled so much.

But the last words…those ones… Is he giving me an ultimatum? Is that what this is?

Fear rose at that. His own heart beat rising to match Faustite’s. Hammering away in his chest that neared panic. He’d gone too far. Pushed too hard. He should have known better. Did know better, but it was so damn hard.

“Fine.” He choked out, pushing down his emotions in one big fell swoop. Another rock in an ever weakening dam. “It’s…fine. I do trust you.” He raised a hand, hesitated in his approach, before tentatively placing it upon his husbands narrow waist, over that cincher the protected him from the worst of the flames burning beneath.

He loved his boy. Loved him dearly. Helio just could not understand how he could be forgiven so easily? So simply? Trusted even? It made no sense but spoke volumes for Faustite’s character and abilities to accept. That realization made Helio feel even less of himself, especially knowing that he was anything but that. So much less.

“I am just…not.” He confessed softly. “Not ok. I am tired and…” Lost, beaten down, jealous, inadequate, broken, afraid, unworthy… “down on myself.” His other hand slipped between Faustite’s arms, hands still perched on his shoulders, to rub at his face as he leaned fully back against the doorway. Perched in the same spot he’d been when he first arrived.

“I don’t know where or even how to begin. With the team.” Easier to go back to the task at hand. To avoid anymore talk that might lead to yet another leak in his tenuous grip on himself. Easier to talk about his lack of comraderie or lack of interest in it as a whole. Because if he was honest with himself, he felt no need to know them. Despite Faustite’s want for him to ‘not read into it’ it was hard not to feel that bitterness towards those same people. Especially considering that it only came up now.

strickenized

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:20 pm
While Heliodor talked himself through his own thoughts, Faustite did not speak. He responded with a hug, where he wrapped thin arms around the boy's neck and held him tight for nearly a minute. There would be no words that could cajole him, nor any words to give him the correct path out of this mire in which he had nearly drowned himself. 'Tired' was simply the easiest word for describing the weariness that penetrated his bones and eroded his soul, if Faustite had to guess.

And Faustite knew very little about how to answer that weariness with an antidote. He had felt it himself, under different circumstances, but never encountered a proper cure. He never learned how to keep it at bay, but instead worked through it, told himself there was no other way, and pushed on until he became numb to it. But that wasn't an answer, he knew. nor was it something just anyone could do. Surely it asked so much of Heliodor, who was well accustomed to acting on his feelings.

"Start with Albite," he encouraged before he pulled away from the hug. "He's easy to get along with, and he wants to know you. You'll already have some work to do together.

"Set it aside for now, though. Not a good time to dwell on it. Come upstairs instead; better that we get you out of this mood." And Faustite wasn't going to take a refusal unless it came with an I'm not in the mood. His hands slipped down to grasp Heliodor's, then he started backward tentatively as he tried to remember his way to the bedroom in reverse.

There was so much work to do. Work he couldn't finish on his own.

kolina
fin~

Negaspace & The Rift

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces