Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R] Breaking Walls [Faustite x Helio] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:07 pm
It was amazing how physical activity could just, clam the mind. So much dopamine and good feels. Especially when that physical activity was done with one’s partner. Helio would happily recommend to anyone. It was a fantastic way to clear to mind and get wheels turning. And boy were wheels turning. Normally a small knot of anxiety would be twisting and turning themselves in the pit of his stomach, but high as he was on feel goods, he felt confident even. A nice trade off.

“I think,” He started as the corrupt had disentangled himself from Faustite, gathering up the pieces of his fuku that had been discarded. Pants were good enough for now, and deftly pulled back on once he righted the leg that had been pulled inside-out during the rush. He paused to stretch upwards clasping hands, enjoying the small pop that occurred along his spine before dropping his arms to his sides. “I think you and I are due for a good chat.” HE remarked casually. “We’re getting married..” He gestured with a ahand flippantly. “Eventually, and honestly we haven’t had a good sit down and chat about us.”

He grabbed the shirt and robe to his fuku, makde sure both were oriented correctly before folding and storing them more neatly. “Just gotta set some ground rules.” He offered a shy smile. “Cause I know us and I know how, erm, passionate we can both get. I also know how much you like to hide some stuff.” He teased gently. “And, if we’re going to be together til death, I think we owe it to us to have this conversation.”

Nerves began to sink in a bit. It still felt awkward to ask such things. Years ago, him asking for a conversation like this would have likely resulted in reprimand or atleast a scoff. Things have changed dramatically since the, but that old worry still held on tight. So, he fussed with the clothing he had just set down, smoothing out any wrinkles in an attempt to calm himself and not just stare Faustite down.

strickenized

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:10 pm
While Heliodor roused himself from the bed, Faustite stayed in the recessed area for a moment longer, catching his breath. When Heliodor had started to talk, however, Faustite sensed he wouldn't have the opportunity to doze off just yet. He sat up slowly, followsuit with stretching one arm until his shoulder popped. The other he slipped back into his sling.

As he slipped from the bed to the stone floor, Faustite coughed a couple times. He tracked down his underwear — black with damask patterning to match his shirt, per Metallia's preference, he guessed — and donned them. That was enough; he was seldom cold.

The cincher came off and he tossed the sooty thing to the side. Watching Heliodor, he responded. "Not trying to hide anything. Just don't think to mention it," he finished, casting his glance aside. He didn't understand how people worked, and his time in the Rift hadn't taught him much about the officers with which he surrounded himself now. Albite did the best he could, but Faustite supposed that lacking a full developmental period as a human — in the most crucial areas for social development, no less — had hamstrung him in ways that would take years to rectify. Faustite wasn't sure he had years. He wasn't even sure he wanted to understand people. Rather, he wanted to understand his boys and let the rest of humanity rot.

"And it's not til death. That's too easy," Faustite pointed out, only half-teasingly.

"Never had a conversation like this, though. Better that you direct it." Then he stood, padding over to the bay window where the dead cactus from Kamacite sat in the window still. The thing was little more than a desiccated husk now, a reminder of the toll the blight had wrought on even the Dark Kingdom. He sat, legs crossed, and gestured for Heliodor to join him on the small bench.

kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:27 pm
Enjoying the view as Faustite retrieved his undergarment. The urge to walk over and pinch that a** was strong but Faustite was pulling the garment on before Helio could move. Alas, opportunity missed. Then the clincher came off which signaled Helio’s inability to touch without running the risk of being burned. He lamented that fact. Touching and cuddling was his favorite.

The coughing that had recently started was a bit worrisome. Mild though it was, Heliodor couldn’t think of a time when the General had actually been ill. He’d always assumed that hot core of his helped stave off any sort of bacteria and viruses. Of course, there was the chance he was remembering incorrectly. Plus, he had no clue what had happened over the past two years. Anything could have changed. Much did, actually.

Helio nodded his head in acquisition to Faustite’s statement. “Alright then. Whatever the case, it’s become clear that if we don’t discuss some stuff we tend to butt heads on some matters.” Which was an understatement. One of them could be the oil to the other’s fire it seemed. Helio wanted to try to calm that and this was the best way he could come up. Communication was important.

A grinned at the playful comment. “I suppose it is. Good thing I don’t intend for either of us to kick the bucket any time soon.”

He blinked. “No one has felt the need to just…sit down and chat?” That was interesting, considering. Eyes flicked to the rings that graced those slender, dark fingers. So many and yet no one had felt inclined to have a solid conversation? Helio began to questions himself. Was this a good or bad thing for their relationship? Was it a mark for a or against them as a couple? Were those other boys just more understanding? Better at communicating in a way that Heliodor couldn’t comprehend? Or perhaps communication wasn’t necessary and they just knew? Helio flushed at the thought, an anger at himself and that jealousy towards the others, some he didn’t even know the names of, may be better for the fiery boy seated before him.

The invitation was left hanging for a moment as Helio debated on whether sitting was the best thing to do with the mixed emotions he had. So quickly his endorphins and dopamine had relinquished themselves to the uncertainties of anxiety and questioning one’s self.

Eventually he conceded to a seat near the half-youma. The warmth from his boy made the close proximity and enjoyable and good choice. Plus, sitting would likely make this a more comfortable conversation in the long run. “Alright. Well, I think we need to make sure we’re both open to whatever we discuss. No hurt feelings or anger. We need to explain ourselves to each other. Anything is on the table for discussion.” He worried as his lower lip with his teeth as he curled his legs up and under him on the cushioned bay seat. “Does that sound alright to you? Anything you want to add?”

strickenized

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:28 pm
Faustite fell silent for a moment. "They did," he answered carefully. "But they approached it in their own ways. Played a drinking game version of 20 questions with Waru. Others were talks without declaring boundaries. Boundary part took me by surprise." He supposed he set boundaries with his and Waru's game, but those had been termed as rules, and he hadn't thought much else of it at the time. Maybe others just didn't verbalize their boundaries, and would nave named them if he ran across them by accident. He didn't know. People were terribly complicated. Perhaps boys were less so, but they were still more complicated than youma.

Heliodor finally sat and Faustite was happy for it, though he couldn't cuddle just yet. As he listened, he fanned out some of the smoke that furled up inside his chest. He wasn't sure how they'd accomplish the hurt feelings or anger bit, given their record of prior abuses with each other. Sounded more like wishful thinking than a goal to accomplish, but Faustite stayed mum about it.

When he was certain the retained smoke from wearing the cincher had found its way out, Faustite wrapped it over his metal midsection again. Once it was fastened, he leaned against his boy and wrapped his hands about his firm waist.

"Don't want to talk about Schörl for this," he decided. "And… If I say I can't talk about something, don't take it like I'm rescinding my trust in you. Or that I think you can't take the information. More that I can't take talking about it." Not yet. Not for a long time, depending on the topic Heliodor chooses.

Because that's what this was, wasn't it? An examination of their faults, weaknesses, and hurts? Why else would either of them need such a preamble to a conversation? Most people were happy to hear how wonderful and perfect they were, how happy their loved ones were that they were getting married, Faustite thought. This wasn't a legal binding agreement, so Heliodor had no business doling out a prenuptial (not that he had much wealth to begin with), so it had to be something about compromises.

It was just a question of figuring out what those compromises were. How he would keep his boy happy, how many compromises he was willing to make to do so.

kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:24 pm
Helio nodded. “Alright. That makes sense then. Right now, I have nothing I am not willing to talk to you about.” He sighed. “ A game would be fun, but I am just being overly cautious cause I know how we both can be. I don’t want this to turn into any sort of argument or someone being hurt when that isn’t the intention.” He ran a hand through his hair. “I want this to feel safe and open. So, as we talk, if anything else seems too much to discuss, just say so.”

Helio watched as the built up smoke was carefully fanned from Faustite’s midsection. It was always terribly interesting to see the measures his boy had to go through to be able to enjoy something as simple as physical touch. Helio supposed that the cincher worked as a choke to the flame, allowing Faustite to enjoy the simple pleasure of not burning things but at the same time it seemed there was a price to pay. There was so much he didn’t know. Despite them having known each other for years, it still felt like he was tip toeing around.

At the mention of Schorl Helio nodded with a smile. “Not a problem. If I happen to ask something that would broach that, then just let me know and it’ll be dropped.” He wrapped a free arm around Faustite’s back, to rest on the fiery-boys hip. “You’ve already got the idea of this. I never want to make you feel uncomfortable, and if you ever feel like you want to talk about something, I don’t want you to be afraid to approach me. I want us to be a safe place for each other. I hope this helps.”

His thumb played along the top band of Faustite’s underwear in a soothing, gentle motion. “It actually brings up something I wanted to talk to you about. I don’t expect you to tell me everything that’s going on. I can’t expect that considering you’re the leader of a team and have…others your…involved with, but I also don’t like being kept in the dark when something could affect me or us as a couple.” He said softly. “And, if you can’t for whatever reason, please don’t just brush it under the rug?” Helio was already starting to feel a bit frustrated at this conversation but mainly at himself. It felt like he was stuttering or struggling to fully say what he wanted to get out. “I hope that makes sense.” He continued.

“And honestly, I need to get better with talking to you as well. I realize this, so I intend to work on it.”

strickenized

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:26 pm
Faustite tried to follow. He used to be adept at recognizing when someone was talking around something painful, but having been so accustomed to the Negaverse's direct language in the past years, and losing access to the chapbooks and novels that once let him think more creatively, Faustite struggled to follow along Heliodor's winding path. He kept his head pressed against the boy's shoulder, his gaze deflected downward at the floor, as he listened. Not wanting to hurt each other was understood easily enough, but when Heliodor was talking about being hurt as a couple? Faustite wasn't certain he understood what was going on there.

He wondered if it was the same 'in the dark' feeling that Fafnir spoke of when he met Faustite in his office. He still remembered the look of pure, unadulterated consternation on the normally cultivated boy's face. Heliodor must have been talking about the other boys Faustite liked to spend his time with, which meant Heliodor didn't want them to go completely unmentioned? But Heliodor didn't like seeing them around, as far as Faustite could tell.

But the comment about brushing something under a rug — he'd been accused of that in more than just a romantic setting, so was Heliodor talking about them as a couple, or them as operatives? Both? Neither? A third option?

Faustite hesitated before he tried to reply. "You want me to tell you if I start seeing someone else," he reasoned. "Or if something that affects us comes up." Faustite wasn't terribly sure he would always recognize if something affected Heliodor, or both of them, but he would make the effort. Seemed a simple enough ask and Faustite was happy to please a boy. "Don't think anything like that has happened recently." He couldn't recall, anyway. No new boys, no new developments.

It wasn't like Jet or Aquamarine were shoving him into that crucible and ******** with his youma side. So far, everyone seemed to recognize his autonomy as a half-person.

"Need you to tell me if I ******** something up, though. Not as good at socializing with people anymore, after living in the Rift. Can't read between the lines so well." It was hard to admit to losing a skill, but he could recognize it as that. It wasn't a skill he had a terrible lot of use for anymore, either.

kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:28 am
His breath hitched a moment at Faustite’s first sentence. Oh. Well, that was something he hadn’t really taken time to think about. Did he want to know when Faustite started seeing someone else? Perhaps. He certainly didn’t like the idea of being taken by surprise when meeting one of the boys Faustite took a liking to, but Helio wasn’t honestly sure if it would have any benefit beyond that. Was it worth it at that point?

“Y…ye..no” He responded a bit shakily. “I just don’t like the idea of being taken by surprise with information about who else you’re seeing. I think?” He sighed. “That’s a tough one for me to answer, but the second half, yes. Definitely. If it’s something that could affect our relationship I think we both deserve to know.” He smiled a bit. “Glad to hear there’s nothing new to report though. I am not opposed to some nice, quiet times for us to just enjoy one another.”

He shifted a bit to place his chin on the top of Faustite’s head. “I promise to tell you if you ******** up if you tell me the same. I know that I step out of line at times, and like I promised you, I am working on making sure I don’t undermine you in front of others. We can keep each other in check. We are human and we make mistakes. Both of us, even if you are, technically, part youma as well.”

He paused for a moment, letting himself just enjoy the closeness of his boy. It was these quiet times where they let each other just indulge cuddling or quiet solitude of togetherness that the corrupt very much cherished. It balanced their times of needing more from one another, made the whole relationship feel more solid and grounded for Helio. “Back to the first bit…” He said carefully. “I think…not knowing is best? But, if there's an intended meeting between us and one of your partners maybe let me know?” He have a heavy huff of air "There's no good way to do it I suppose. Just….ill trust your judgement on it." It was all he could do because knowing would be as bad as not knowing…in fact maybe worse, but damn did he hated the idea of being blind-sided too.

Strickenized

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:16 am
Faustite would have nodded, though he smiled for how Heliodor was using him as a chinrest. More excuse to lean into the boy. He coughed lightly before answering. "You've already met most of them. None of you are replaceable or interchangeable; no one's threatening what we've got." Hopefully his boy would try not to hiss and spit too much at them, though there was bound to be some friction. He'd already had his lack of transparency brought up once before, and Faustite understood that not everyone would be like Albite about it.

And he supposed he had a similar experience to what Heliodor was feeling, in that Albite had sprung on him that he had started seeing Nectaris. That one had gotten to him, though mainly for needing her to die, but the loathsome b***h would hurt Albite in the process.

Faustite stole a hand in both of his, careful to use the pads of his fingers instead of the veritable talons that kept incessantly growing back. He always liked discovering what boys chose to do with their hands; it was always different, and always told him a little more about the boy in ways that they didn't normally share. That Aelius was such a tactile one was both dangerous and delightful. Faustite would have to be in the habit of wearing the cincher around him at all times.

"If you have to undermine me, make sure it's for life-saving reasons. Our lives, not enemy lives." He could live with a violation of power structures if it kept the Negaverse whole. Heliodor was a strong-willed one who never really learned to yield; maybe by giving him some opportunity to do so, he would mellow out a bit.

"Give you a heads up, then," Faustite confirmed. It was easy enough, and he wouldn't have to make a spectacle of it. Maybe just get his attention and tap the corresponding ring. That'd be more difficult with the other ones, though, but that was something to figure out if it came up.

He looked up at his boy's chest, since there was no chance of seeing his face right now. "Tell me about when you were away. Not in the way you'd tell a superior. What did you like about it? And why did you choose to come back?"

kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:05 pm
“I think that's a more than fair trade off.” He remarked. Stepping up to keep chaos lives well and whole was more than a comfortable trade off. Honestly, it wasn't like Helio purposely went out of his way to undermine anyone and being more aware of himself and his rushing emotions had certainly helped curve less-than-appropriate reactions.

As for the other boys… “That'll work.” Still he struggled with the mere thought of a multitude of others warming Faustite's bed. It was his battle to struggle with, though.

“Hmmm…” he hummed as he shifted to ease a pillow to his lower back, careful not to move Lex more than necessary. Helio was enjoying the casual physical closeness they had and loathed to ruin it. “It was both freeing and terrifying in every manner. I enjoyed it though. There was something about having to figure everything out on my own that I eventually grew to like. I learned more that way, not having anyone to rely on. Though moving to a country like that was terribly lonesome. I didn't know anyone and the negaverse branch there, or at least the General I was assigned to didn't take much interest in me. He was the sort, who didn't care much for senshi.

“It worked in my favor though. I was left to my own devices which let me figure some stuff out. Find myself in a way. With scholarships and a solid audition I was able to attend an art school.” He smiled as he thought about it, shifting so he could look down at Faustite. “I settled into myself there. Made new friends, lovers, and explored.” He paused for a moment. “It would be nice to take you there. Show you some of my old haunts. I think you'd like it. Might not care for the weather much though except for summer. The rest of the year can be cool and dreary. Though their winters aren't much different from our own. They definitely don't get snow like we do.” Which Helio loved. His distaste of the cold was ever prevalent when the cold months rolled around. Scarves, sweaters and warm coats were his MO come winter. Snow was just an extra punch in the teeth so at least he had that going for him.

“Honestly, I came back because I got bored.” He shrugged. “I was enjoying school, was content working as a barista to pay for my flat and living expenses, but I grew restless with the lack of…anything happening in that branch of the negaverse. They have things well contained there and there was little to do beyond the occasional team meetings and required quotas. Considering my life had been turned upside down because of the Negaverse, I just didn’t like sitting stagnant. My General, even when I approached him, gave me nothing and shirked off any attempts I made to prove myself so I decided to come back. I honestly had no clue you had also reappeared until I got back into DC and began poking around.

“I was afraid at first.” He confessed. “When I heard you were back. I didn’t know what to expect from you or myself when I saw you again. There was really no way around it because I knew I’d want you to be my Commanding Officer again. And well, you know the rest.” Helio smiled warmly at his boy. His General.

“Not a single regret that I came back. I feel like I am working towards something different now. That I have the capacity to want to work towards higher goals for the better of the Negaverse. I guess all I needed was some time without expectations to sort myself out.”

Strickenized

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:15 am
As he listened, Faustite couldn't imagine what it would be like to move to a foreign country and strike out on one's own. He never reached the point of establishing himself as a working adult in America, so he hadn't the foggiest idea of the basics for doing so. That Heliodor not only managed that, despite remembering a rich and well-kept life, but succeeded in doing so in another country? If that didn't demonstrate drive and responsibility, Faustite was uncertain if anything else would. Perhaps even Schörl would have something commendable to say about that.

That last thought had his skin crawling, however; he shuddered and sat up somewhat. If he thought her name too much, she might come into being, so he quickly brushed such thoughts out of his mind.

"Could honeymoon there," Faustite posited as he tapped a taloned nail against his lower lip. "Don't mind that weather when I'm like this. Expect there's more leeway for me there, if that branch has the area under control." It would grant Heliodor the opportunity to cuddle more publicly, too, and he was certain the boy could generate a few jealous onlookers if he wanted that kind of attention. "Could go whenever you want. Make time for it in the summer." Faustite managed to offload most of the immediately pressing tasks on his docket.

"Understand wanting something more, though." He coughed lightly.

It was with the Negaverse that they were able to climb ranks, to test their skills, to prove themselves in battle. But that luxury was only afforded them in the hot zone known as Destiny City, by the sound of it. If Heliodor thought the Negaverse was the reason his life changed, then the laissez-faire-style leadership out there must've left a bitter taste.

"Wonder if it's a step back, having Trey in your life again. Or it's an added benefit? Imagine he still wants to watch out for you." Trey was ever a difficult read, but Faustite thought him inestimably thoughtful and sweet where it counted. If he wasn't, they wouldn't count Taaffeite among their number. Faustite could only guess that Trey would choose whichever option was most thoughtful and considerate to his brother, now that they were reunited. What that option was, though, Faustite could not guess. It wasn't his business, regardless; the brothers should be allowed their space to do as they will with each other.

Faustite shifted, crossed his legs. "Didn't know what to expect when you returned, either. Didn't know what to expect when I returned." But it had all been manageable, somehow. They'd made it this far. He went from a solo agent to a team that started with one suicidal idiot senshi, and eventually blossomed into the double-digits. And he had Heliodor in a much more relaxed relationship than before.

"But you're here, now. Expect I won't be your CO for much longer," he teased, resting a hand on the boy's knee.

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:12 pm
Honeymoon in England?” That brought a coy smile. The thought of the two of them being engaged was still pinch-worthy. His younger self, pining after a captain and General that continuously distanced himself beyond anything more than a physical relationship, would have never thought the day would come. That Faustite would be willing to open himself up like that. “I think it could be arranged. We can visit all of Europe if you’re inclined. It’s so easy over there to travel.” He paused, offering a grin. “I hear some of the nude beaches in Europe are quite the hot spot.”

His smile vanished a bit at the cough. “When did that all start? The cough?” A quick switch in conversation but certainly not unwarranted.

And another quick switch to his brother. “It’s honestly both amazing and disorienting at the same time.” He responded. “Having him come back into my life after mourning my loss for him then eventually accepting it was for his best interest that I truly stay away takes some mental gymnastics to accept. I am not the same person I was since I was corrupted. I am just learning to accept that he’s around and that we can have a relationship again.” He chewed his bottom lip. “He has easily fallen back into old habits.” Aelius agreed. Trey had been quick to begin worrying about him and wanting to step in when Aelius was very much used to dealing with things on his own. “It’ll take time to adjust. Both of us. But, I honestly can’t imagine it will ever be a bad thing that we have each other again.”

“Returning back to something you have less-than-pleasant memories of is never easy.” Helio confessed as he agreed with Faustite. It’s hard to predict how you or anything else will adjust to any changes.

“Ha. I doubt you’ll be getting rid of me too soon.” He said jovially at Faustite’s comment. He glanced down at the hand that settled on his knee. A moment passed, another.

“Wait. Surely you haven’t…” He left that thought lingering between as he wrapped his mind around the implication. “********, you sure know how to just drop little surprises and ruin my train of thought.” Honestly, Faustite was good at ruining Helio’s train of thought in many other manners and ways. He reached his free hand up to rub the back of his neck. “Not sure I deserve it but, thank you.” He said whole-heartedly.

“Too bad for you though, that doesn’t mean you’re getting rid of me. I don’t intend to leave this team.” He’d grown comfortable with the group that gravitated to the fire General like a cluster of planets to a star. Everyone brought something to the table, and while he hadn’t gotten to personally know them all yet, he intended it. The team was probably one of the best things to happen to Lex. Along with everyone else that filled the General’s life.

“Tell me what it was like when you returned from the rift? Why did you decide to come back? How did this glorious team of yours come about?” Helio had only hear bits and pieces, but longed for more to fill in the gaps of his knowledge.

Strickenized

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:05 pm
In truth, Eion hadn't considered spots for a honeymoon yet. The idea was as perplexing as it was tantalizing — he knew that, if he wasn't limited to three hours of looking human per day, then he'd have his list of expensive honeymoon spots that he would absolutely take Heliodor. But those spots fell apart for how the two weren't made of money, Faustite especially, and many of those places would still take offense to a boy on fire that looked like… He wasn't sure what he looked like. Some tortured soul in Dante's poem, he guessed. Or a fire demon or something. But he certainly didn't look like he should be walking around with a cute boy on his arm, acting like a tourist.

That Aelius knew the location helped immensely. Faustite could put their Infiltration branch to the test a margin more freely, maybe give them something to do if they're so bored. Though he wasn't sure that anyone else in England wanted to see him on a nude beach —

"Mm?" Faustite abandoned his thought when Aelius spoke. "Oh. Around the debrief. Just waiting for it to go away." It was obnoxious, especially for having gone without that nonsense for years, but it wasn't infringing on his ability to act on his duties. The others seemed more interested in it than he was. And maybe that was his own failing for not taking his health seriously, but he couldn't understand why a cough was worthy of notice.

Supposing the cough was settled, he listened as Aelius went on. It was cute to think that Trey fell right back into worrying about his little brother, especially considering the soft spot the boy was so intent on hiding. Faustite could understand why Trey hid those parts of himself, and assumed there were many more hidden secrets that Trey kept to himself, and maybe only Aelius knew about them. Even if their discovery of each other was the result of a painful blunder and a reminder that Faustite needed to be whip-smart in his decision-making at all times, Faustite was glad that they were together again. That they had the possibility. He supposed that, assuming there wasn't anything untoward happening between a pair of siblings, he would spoil that secret if given the chance with anyone else.

Though it was with great entertainment that he watched the hint slowly dawn on Aelius. The boy couldn't stop his sly smile. Smug with himself, Faustite's smile shifted to a coquettish one and he shrugged with one shoulder. "You're still an easy read," he teased. "So it's easy to surprise you.

"Don't doubt yourself. Wouldn't submit it if I thought you couldn't handle the responsibilities. Helps that the General in England did his due diligence with his paperwork — gives a few years of good service to back up the recommendation." He looked askance at Heliodor, slightly incredulous that the boy was uncertain of if he deserved a promotion. "You led a team in an unknown area as dangerous as the Rift on a whole. Got some information out of it. Got them out alive. You followed orders when orders were given, even when you disliked them. Saw it through to the end, too. A General — an Eternal — needs to lead as much as they still need to follow. Think that's proof enough that you earned it.

"Might not see it immediately though. The Sovereigns are busy as hell, and sometimes they like to watch someone for themselves before they approve a request like that." Not everyone could be Albite and beat down their doors every minute of the day until they gave in to his desires.

Though, it was Faustite's turn to be surprised by the next questions. It showed frankly in his expression, in his widened eyes and absent blinking, before he recovered himself enough to start thinking about it. He stared ahead, shifting about and curling up his legs while he considered how to answer. "Mm… Wasn't anything memorable when I came back. No one to welcome me back or anything. I remember… Being starving. Went to my office, but all the food I kept in the desk drawers had expired. Thought that was weird, but I ate it anyway. Paid for that, then started going out to drain when I recovered." Even if that information wasn't pertinent to Heliodor, it helped Faustite returned to the incidents that were.

"I didn't know how long it had been. There's no sun and moon in the Rift. No watches work there, couldn't use a tablet because they melted back then. Didn't realize how much time had passed until I found Kamacite, and he looked like he'd seen someone rise from the dead. Learned it had been two years." Two years and Kamacite thought he was dead. Everyone was gone, and he was expected to keep going. To keep doing, to keep the heartache at bay.

"Spent all that time stalking that youma. Remember that mission? You, me, Kamacite, Aue, Schörl. Still needed its scales, but it had a habit of shapeshifting to stay ahead of me. Only came back because I thought I was in a good position to take it down, but needed backup. Got distracted, though, and it escaped again by the time I'd gotten settled." He supposed that wasn't the story Heliodor would've found impressive, but Faustite wasn't sure how to embellish what had happened. That was more Albite's game.

For the last question, Faustite stretched his legs out and rested his hands on the seat. He stared at the ceiling as he tried to recall how the team had gotten started. "Began with Albite," he explained as he tilted his head. "Which… ********. That was back when that ******** Princess killed Squiddy. ********, that laid me out for months. Worse feeling than my guts coming out. Was bad enough that I needed a draining chaperone, and Albite — who was a Basic at the time — was the main one to step up to the task. Thought he was a ******** idiot, just pissed me off to no end. He was arrogant, and stupid, and risked his life all the time. Then I recovered somewhat, and he came to my office one day to demand to become my subordinate." He paused, huffing in remembered disbelief.

"Thought, whatever, boy's going to die soon anyway. Didn't want subordinates. Thought I was better off alone. But then they started… Showing up at my door. Asking or expecting or being transferred to me. First was Nembus — she was a transfer. Then I think it was Lilith. Later, she brought her brother, Alkmene, who came over from enemy lines. After that, it was mostly people walking into my office to ask to be transferred, more reassignments like Jadarite, or people I've picked up along the way — like Valjean, or Tama, or your brother.

"Now there's too ******** many of you. Have to promote you all to get you out of my hair," he teased lightly.

kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:54 pm
Accolades for what was expected of him as a negaverse senshi was odd. He didn’t frequently ever get much more than a good job at most and even they were few and far between in his time before moving abroad. His time actually abroad contained no appreciation for his work. Not with a General who so highly scoffed at corrupt senshi. So honestly, he hadn’t thought any of this was worth anything. He was doing as expected of him both as a negaverse senshi and as a loved one to the mission explorer. And maybe a bit for his own pure curiosity. Ok…a lot of his own curiosity for what they had been looking at. Still, it was easier to toss accolades elsewhere. Divert the attention.

“I can’t imagine two years in the Rift.” It was so desolate and depressing. Two years there and Helio was pretty certain, putting aside the fact that youma would be quite happy tearing him a part, he would go clinically insane. The land was desolate, dull and uninspiring. Nothing about it would help him from wanting to yeet himself off of the nearest cliff after only a few scant months. So, needless to say, it was incredibly impressive to the corrupt that Faustite had lived there and not even noted the passing of time. Perhaps it was his youma side the helped, Faustite was made of tougher stuff, or a mix of the two that benefited the General.

“It is so incredibly impressive to me that you lived there for so long. You practically took camping to a whole new level to survive in the Rift, by yourself, on whatever you took in with you.” ******** impressive actually. He hoped that his General understood the level of skill or dedication something like that took. “Remind me that if I ever need to go on some survival expedition to make sure to drag you along.” He teased as he poked a finger just behind his boys hip.

Now, the story of the beginnings of their team was both surprising and not. Albite being headstrong and practically forcing himself to strong-arm Faustite into taking him as a subordinate was absolutely on point. Helio could practically visualize that whole encounter in the office. A knowing smile crept onto his face as he chuckled. “I imagine, even if you had told Albite no, you would have found yourself with a subordinate with you asking him.” Albite was a man of many words and, whether he knew it or not, he could talk circles around just about anyone and probably get everything he wanted and then some.

“I am just glad that others have seen how strong of a General you are. You deserved to have recognition even if it’s not from any higher-ups. Having people want to follow you is probably more telling of you than any commendations from a General King or Queen.

“But I hate to break it to you, I doubt you’ll be lucky enough to really ever get rid of many of us. I expect there will be more to come knocking on that door or yours, too.” With his free hand he carefully, and gently flicked at the boys forehead. “It’s what you get for being approachable and fair.”

He heaved a contented sigh. Mind slipping over all of the details and information given to him. Then it hung up on something and his contentment melted away as he fidgeted slightly under Lex. He shifted, a leg bouncing slightly in thought, teeth worrying at his bottom lip.

“So, where does Taenite fit into the time you’ve been back? Why Taenite?” Helio asked the but didn’t look directly at Faustite as he voiced his question. “Because to be honest, he seems like an outright p***k.”

strickenized

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:55 pm
"It wasn't — like that," Faustite explained, feeling himself flush under all the praise. He couldn't look Heliodor in the eye after that. "Couldn't possibly bring enough food for that long. But, there's some officers who maintain caches throughout the Rift. Usually closer to the Citadel. Keep them stocked with water, jerky, whatever. Couldn't have gone that long without those caches." He elbowed his boy gently for the undue compliments. "If we went on a survival expedition, you might end up dinner."

He wouldn't eat Heliodor, even if they were both starving to death. He'd consider it, though. Boy had to be fine dining by now.

Was easier for Faustite to get comfortable with the conversation again once it shifted off of him and onto the boy that forced himself into Faustite's life. He chucked; Heliodor knew Albite well enough, now, that he knew exactly how that boy worked. Helped that Albite wasn't terribly complicated — liked his food, his sex, his people, his things. Didn't like the burdens of being tied down. Wanted what he wanted and wouldn't give up the hunt for it until whatever it was had landed in his palms. Faustite supposed that he owed all of his success to that boy, to his perseverance and his constant support for Faustite when he doubted himself. Likely enough that he wouldn't have run his missions or accepted Heliodor back into his life or had any subordinates to his name if Albite hadn't beaten his door down. Faustite chuckled for it.

Then blew out a smoky breath when his boy spoke of recognition from the higher-ups. "Better they don't notice me. Already have my hands full with all of you. Would probably explode if they dropped more projects onto me." Because, he figured, that would be what came of recognition from the Sovereigns.

"Hey," Faustite shot back, pinching Heliodor's side for the grief. "Can push as many of you up the ranks and out my door as I want. Albite. Alkmene, and Celadonite are already Eternal. Most of the rest are mid-rank. Be kicking you out soon. Jadarite, too. Unless I get audited by Information." That was always a chance — some IntO upstart wanting to make a name for themselves who went looking for some favoritism in the ranks. Sees a General submitting a suspicious amount of promotions to be reviewed, then starts looking into it. He couldn't fault them; he'd been there once.

The question about Taenite gave him pause; he wasn't sure why the boy would come up in conversation now. "Thought he was a p***k, too, when I first met him. Was a Basic that showed up to my first operation since getting back. Thought he was mocking me at first. But…" He tilted his head this way and that. "We started to get along. Helped me understand that not everyone looked at me and saw 'monster'. He's loyal. Sweet. Has a sense of humor that I don't really understand, but it's charming." By that, he meant he forgot how pissed off he was when he saw Taenite's – Ren's – prideful smile. Faustite cleared his throat, mainly to stop himself from admitting something like and I ******** him.

"… Remember how unhappy you were in the beginning. How much you wanted to be done with the Negaverse and everyone in it. Was wondering why you stayed."

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:55 pm
“Hmm…you’re free to dine whenever you want.” Helio practically purred, a hand roaming south to cup a cheek, gave a little squeeze before retreating.

Chuckling, the senshi squirmed away from the pinch, out of his lover’s arms. He stood and stretched upward. Eternal or General, it didn’t matter. Helio doubted too many would honestly fly the coop. Some yes, Jadarite he expected would be excited to separate herself a bit, make her own team. She was honestly well suited for a task like that. Alemene and Celadonite Helio didn’t really know, actually, Celadonite he’d yet to run across, but he had a distinct feeling that connections were still held. Maybe not to the extent Albite kept, practically still very much within the confines of the team and expectations, but there. Close by. “You’ll never truly get rid of us, you know.” He teased playfully as he dropped his arms. “But keep telling yourself that you are if it makes you feel better.”

But Taenite. Taenite was a conversation that Helio both wanted and didn’t at the same time. But what was he to say to all of that? To the fact that Tae had been there to help Faustite. That they had grown close enough to be friends. Grown closer than friends if Taenite was to be believed. Honestly with the way Faustite spoke of him and how he seemed to pointedly stop all conversation about him, it just confirmed Taenite’s declaration. Which pissed off Helio even more in so many ways. The other corrupt had hit a very sore, very tender wound of Helio’s back in that warehouse. Perhaps he had been idiotic to think he’d gotten over it, his fleeing away when Faustite was struggling within the Rift. It hurt to know that while he had been putting himself back together abroad and experiencing a life that was far more enjoyable than the mission that Faustite was following in the Rift. The information today had made that guilt and hatred toward himself that more heavy. It was the fact that Faustite had to turn to someone else because he wasn’t there for the General…

Helio’s mood darkened as he put a bit of distance between himself and Faustite to better sort himself out. Because angry though he was, it wasn’t at his boy.

“Yea well, Taenite can go rot in the Rift.” He remarked coldly, and left it there because it was apparent Faustite wanted a change in topic.

He grabbed the pants of his fuku, discarded on the floor in a heap, and pulled them on. He stayed quiet for a moment, contemplating the answer to the question that felt as loaded as a six shot revolver. There was a lot to be said about that time. “At first, because I didn’t know there was a way out.” He said quietly. “Purification wasn’t anything I knew about. Had I known it was an option, I probably would have taken it. I likely would been disappointed in the end because I could never, really ever get the life I wanted back.” Finally he turned back to Faustite, a sort of sadness in his eyes. “By the end of Sch…” He caught himself. “By the end of training, I was too tired to care anymore. At that point it honestly was just easier to follow through motions that were expected of me. So I did. Sometimes.” He very well remembered the punishments he had earned for his mouth and stubbornness. While both had been tempered some, they were attributes never fully reigned in.

“Eventually, and honestly I can’t pinpoint when exactly it happened, I began to care about my direct superior.“ A pointed look. “Began to find myself wanting to push on and see what possibilities existed for me here, because at that point, Rowan was good and dead in many ways. I was never going to be him again. I couldn’t without putting myself and my family in extreme danger. So I had to accept that that life, all of it, even my family were practically dead to me in every way except the physical.” Cause Helio would have been a fool if he had thought Schorl would just let him walk away back to his old life. He didn’t even need to contemplate what others would have done. The mere thought of being hunted down by that stern, no-nonsense woman was damning enough.

“I needed to forge a new life and honestly, had no interest in starting from scratch again. I could make the best of what was dealt to me like my commanding officer, who seemed to have a lot more to loose by staying than going. You were struggling every damn day with your youma side with learning to live with it. How could I not find a bit of motivation in that? Even if you had no interest in me, or at least that’s what I thought. Well, nothing beyond physical needs, anyway.” Reaching down to where his pants had been laying he grabbed the top of his fuku. Wrinkles were already forming but not like it mattered. A quick dismissal and a bit of energy later it would all be pristine again, but a need to fuss over something had him fixing the fabric, laying on the bed carefully and wiping a hand over the wrinkles in an attempt to smooth them over.

“When was it that you started having feelings for me? After my corruption, I mean?” He questioned, golden eyes rising from the red and gold fuku that refused to released all of the wrinkles. “Cause I can’t imagine there was much love for me at first. I was downright miserable and depressed for a long time and I know that I didn’t make your life any easier then.”

strickenized

Negaspace & The Rift

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces