Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] A Recipe for Hope:1 Pre-Heated Oven, 2 Cups Flour,3 Boys Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:52 am
Faustites ask had been so soft, clipped down to the quick. Waru had stared, unsure.

Then he'd simply said 'okay' -- the fastest, shortest statement he'd ever made in his entire life; faster even than the simple 'yes' he'd traded Eion in exchange for love-- and then he cleaned. He cleaned like his mother was waiting for him outside his front door with a thick straw broom and a thin switch that he'd never personally tasted the end of, because he'd seen the way she paired fish into fillets with a dull knife, and so he knew she was strong enough to send his spirit into the great beyond without ******** trying.

He wasn't sure what would come of this. He wasn't sure if Aelius would even come. He wasn't sure of---

There was a list of things that ran on ten miles long and he scrubbed away every new word of ask with barmaids best friend and some daddy sponges. With soapy water and a mop.

The bedroom was clean greens and sleepy forest hues, that same dark brown carpeting. The s**t was washed, the other s**t was in his closet where it belonged! The bathroom long remolded into something nautical-adjacent; Waru only lamented the persistent as ******** glitter that clung in-between mosaic tiles from frequent bath-bomb experimentation.

He'd had to let that go. Some things just didn't want to come out. Like persistent memories of good times, and sad ones, and...

He was glad only, that after a years worth of work he'd finally gotten the floors done. Piece-by-piece -- and the kitchen was actual stone tile instead of filthy laminate, and the living room n short hall was fake-wood paneling instead of carpet. He had a wholeass rug under the coffee table, both items were only a little singed -- well -- his version of a little, but some things couldn't be avoided: like the hairline fractures that tinted the countertops with character, chips in the backsplash of kitchen wall tiles. Clawmarks and smoky smudges on the most frequently used cabinet drawers -- the turnstile adjacent the sink...

"I have no clue what he'd want to bake with us? So I got a little bit of everything. We can do sugar, chocolate chip, snickerdoodle---" small tupperware's full of smashed candies filled the free space, a fat bag of flower with the lining rolled down, enough butter n seasoning to have made many a grocery store clerk nervous about his eating habits. He'd gotten Christmas themed sprinkles n frosting too! The unicorn pastels stayed put away in the back, behind the vanilla and almond extracts, "---if we run outta glamor time before we're done with the basics, then we're taking this outside. I love you, Ei, but we're not napalming my house with a flour-fire. That shits for backyards n wars only."

Lobbing the joke into the semi-quiet of the place felt like sinking a rock into a deep pond, when instead he'd meant to skim it gracefully. Skip it across all smooth.

"You're sure he's gonna come? Like.....Em's only seen my place the once, fulla spiders that time, sadly, but...." Waru felt like the ground was shifting beneath him and figured it was nerves, but couldn't place the 'why' of them. Whatever, it was fine, if Aelius didn't like it, if the didn't come? They were still making cookies together.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:29 pm
While Waru cleaned tirelessly, Eion absolutely did not assist. It hadn't occurred to him to assist, because he hadn't understood why Waru was so whipped into a frenzy in the first place. What was the point of toothbrushing the floors and bleaching the tabletops now? What was wrong with them? Waru's messiness was part of his charm, and Waru had to know he was charming. How else would he have managed to find so many people who tolerated him? It certainly wasn't for his wit or cleverness.

So Eion sat on the kitchen counter, feet kicking back and forth, as he watched Waru owlishly. The boy could move when he was motivated, and Eion quite liked watching him hunch over as he scrubbed down every surface of his house. Liked watching the way his muscles stretched over his shoulder blades, or how sometimes his shirt rode up when he was cleaning the tops of the doorframes, or how the muscles in his legs flexed when he crouched… Clearly he should suggest Aelius coming over more often.

Eion heaved a wistful sigh for watching the boy in grey sweatpants. Truly, that was the worst crime of being part youma — only three hours to watch his boy in the throes of domesticity. He could've done this all day.

"Me either," Eion commented with a shrug. "Got specialty drinks with him before, years ago. Don't remember his tastes." They likely changed, whether part of having his life upheaved or the simpler shifts of growing up. For his part, Eion hadn't been as observant as he used to be with others' eating habits; whenever he was time to eat, he was too preoccupied with shoving food into the bottomless hole that was his stomach. He couldn't offer Waru any answers.

Sighing, Eion added, "Axinite shits them out in fifteen minutes flat. Can't imagine the three of us needing three hours to make cookies." And if they had, then they likely napalmed Waru's flat without requiring Faustite's fire to do it.

Rolling his eyes, Eion slid off the counter. "Babe." He padded to the edge of the kitchen where he leaned against the wall, arms folded across his chest, while Waru scrubbed like a cleaning maid under threat of losing her job. "He'll come." Maybe more than once, too.

kolina
shiningamisgirl

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:19 pm
Aelius hurried to Waru's place. It was his first time visiting and, while the Uber had dropped him off at the right location, it took him a minute to orient himself and find the proper building. He was already running a bit late thanks to his ballet class having run over. In fact, he hadn't even bothered to change yet. Just threw a pair of grey sweats on over his leotard and tossed on his jacket. The clothes he had intended to wear were still packed away in his duffle that hung off his shoulder. He figured Waru wouldn't mine him borrowing the bathroom to change.

The air was cold. It nipped at his chest since he hadn't bothered to fasten his black coat closed, and his breath came out in small puffs as he hurried to Waru's. A knock on the door was followed by a test of the knob to find it unlocked. Bless the man for thinking ahead. Aelius left himself in, making sure to close the door securely behind him.

What he walked into was a bit of a surprise. The place was very much a bachelor pad that seemed to bridge between rustic chic and 'work in progress'. It was oddly, perfectly, Waru. A mix of chaos and order. More former than latter but that also was accurate for the dreadlocked man.

"Sorry I am late." He said as his eyes fell upon the two of them. Waru looking a bit peaked and frantic and Eion looking...well, perfectly nonplused Eion. "My class ran a little over." He flashed the two a tentative smile, very aware that this was the first time in months he'd talked to Waru. Aelius was still unsure how he felt about the whole situation and Waru's part in it, but things needed to be resolved. It was why they were all here. Even if he and Faustite had made up, Waru was also an important key to this.

Strickenized

shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:33 pm
There was something soft in him, some oozy little bit of gooey core that squelched up and melted like ooblek in the rain every damn time Faustite called him 'Babe'. New enough that it still sounded like 'I love you', foreign, fresh, easily enjoyed. It made him pause in ways other words couldn't, made him look -- soft and longing into the dull shine of scrubbed-down surfaces -- before sighing out the nettles of anxiety in a huff: tossing the lot of scattered supplies under the sink, the sponges into a basin of half-cooling wet.

"You're right...you're right..." crowded his boy against the wall he leaned up on so ******** prettily, just to feel the all too human heat of him, there and in reach, "Though, Ei? If any of us end up shitting these cookies...M'going to Axinite for baking lessons." The raunchy grin to follow that, because it was too damn funny to imagine that Axinite shat chocolate chips, that the love and energy people felt in every gooey bite was --- two-year old's had better standards for humor than he did.

Any more comments ********, because Waru was looking at the boy who'd ducked in through his front door like winter was bitterly on his heels, like he was actually happy to be there, however shyly so. He practically jumped outta his own skin - remembering how he'd forgotten to lock the damn thing, because he wanted Aelius to come, and be and stay and there he was soooo --

"Hi.." swallowed around a quick once over, a relieved smile, because Aelius had mentioned modeling or something, yeah? Dancing? Something to do with hands? ******** recall it properly since the last time he'd seen him felt like too long ago already -- and he wasn't going to leer, he wasn't, he was going to look at Aelius eyes -- nope! Nope. Shoes, his shoes were way more safe! "That's fine, it's -- time doesn't mean s**t. M'just glad to have you here."

kolina
Strickenized

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:06 pm
It grew ever easier to let his hands navigate the familiar grooves of Waru's body — settle on his hips, search around his waste, gather around his neck. As Eion, Waru always ran warm, warmer than him, and Eion found it far more comfortable to be circumscribed by that warmth. Comfort and familiarity in one. Coal eyes darted up at the boy, a witty quip at the ready for his cookie-shitting comment —

But the door had opened, and Aelius was there, and Eion had forgotten everything about what he was going to say.

This was, of course, Aelius's fault, and the young man would be making up for it accordingly. While Waru was looking respectfully, Eion pointedly wasn't, and when he didn't see what he was after, he departed from his dear husband to welcome the new guest. It was a short distance to pad over to the boy, no reception for that apology but a pair of arms thrown about him and a close, but brief, hug. Glad you could make it went intimated in the hand squeeze that came after.

Then Eion dragged him by the hands as he walked backward toward the kitchen, internally praying that he wouldn't kick something and concuss himself on the way. "Need you to keep Waru from burning the place down," he explained as he walked, then glanced back at the boy in expectation of his agreement. "Go ahead. Get started. I'll hold your stuff," he finished as he tried to peel the heavy-looking bag from Aelius's shoulder.

kolina
shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:29 pm
Waru's greeting was odd and Helio quirked a brow up at the rather obvious once over he got as attempts were made from those brown eyes not to travel too far south or...nope...not to travel too far north now. Seemed even being estranged the past few months didn't hurt Waru's obvious interests.

Now, Faustite's response was both oddly quiet but happily enjoyed as he fel the tell-tale squeeze of 'hello'. "Perhaps I should be late more often." He joked as Faustite promptly began to drag him along to the kitchen where ingredients were clearly mounded on the countertop.

With a laugh, Aelius relinquished his bag. "Fine fine, I think I can manage that but let me at least get changed?" He questioned as he took off his coat. The black leotard he had on underneath did little in the department of keeping him warm and it showed. He took a moment to adjust a strap as he glanced around for a place to put his coat. His quick inspection proved no obvious place to place his outerwear. He hesitated a moment for lack of where to put the article of clothing. Just throwing it anywhere felt very rude.

"Have either of you ever made cookies before?" He questioned as he eventually moved to carefully and almost gingerly place his coat on a chair for fear of choosing the wrong location. "Considering the holiday coming up I thought it would be fun. Plus it would be well within Lex's time limit to make a few batches."

strickenized

shiningamisgirl

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:59 pm
Waru watched with unabashed delight as the bluenette stalled up on where to splay his coat, such a proper gentleman.

And Waru? Like the absolute heathen he was, took the garment to drape over the back of his couch along with the myriad of colorful shawls and throws that layered it (the place clearly as favored a sleeping spot as the coffee table was an eating space). Some were threadbare and worn from over washing, some held distinctive shred marks, all were soft.

It was a nice coat, better to keep it as far outta the line of kitchen fire as possible, and if he snuck looks while he moved. Cocking a grin both knowing and sly for Aelius's ask - his house had always been a 'clothing optional' zone, the less the better as far as he was concerned. The only downside to winter time was that he had to turn on the heat in his cardboard-box of a shack, and sometimes even put on a sweater.

"You can change if he lets you, bathrooms in the bedroom. Closets pretty--full...Uhmn, but there's a bed...a floor..you can put your stuff anywhere," single syllabled shrug and snort as he watched Faustite, dragon over his gold cache, clutch up Aelius's belongings. What chaste looks he'd managed before, it was damn hard to manage now, and if he thought he caught a peek of scar where the leotard dipped low in the back behind all that hair.

"I cook all the time, does that count?"

They had the internet, right? They'd be fine.

kolina
Strickenized

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:11 pm
"No," Eion denied simply. He turned away from the violet-haired boy, spending only a moment deciding between which closet would be more unforgiving to pick through before he decided on the hall one. Linens were linens, they weren't the deathtrap that Waru's hoarding of hardly-touched necessities could be. Once he opened the door, Eion threw the duffel bag inside as if sating some ravenous beast, then bodyslammed the door shut.

Once he was sure the door wouldn't burst, Eion returned to the boys. "Depends," he answered as he reigned in his urge to sit on the fresh countertop. His fingers traipsed over them instead as he passed. "Do you count eating cookie dough that cooks in my mouth? Or watching Axinite bake them?" Because he hadn't known how to turn the oven on at the time, and Justice, with the patience of a saint, might've misunderstood his attention span for such domestic matters. Beyond that, he was mostly just around when other people baked. Knew Ana made enough cookies to feed them all for the month of December, but he'd not had much of a hand in that.

Sounded like Waru hadn't fared any better. Wasn't surprising — the boy was always eating far healthier than Eion ever did. Supposed the most unhealthy food he'd ever made were those peanut butter protein bars, and those hadn't taken any baking. Chocolate ganache tasted bitter, too, like it was dark chocolate with a hint of espresso.

Eion didn't need to restate that it was Aelius's job to keep Waru from burning the apartment down. He did, however, make a side trip to the couch to steal Aelius's pre-warmed coat, and snugged it about himself for the scent of — oh. That wasn't fresh boy. Disappointed, Eion wasn't sure if it would be worse to lose the coat or keep it on.

"You're never getting it out, by the way. Your duffel bag. Better to write it off as charnel now." Eion added pointedly.

"... Who's Lex?" He asked in the tone of are you ******** around with some other half-youma?

shiningamisgirl
kolina

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:04 pm
"No?" Now Aelius was surprised. He damn well knew he wasn't as fresh as a daisy right now and getting changed would have at least helped a bit. And he had his cologne in the bag along with his deodorant. Unfortunately it looked like he wasn't going to be seeing any sign of that bag anytime soon. Not with how Faustite strategically shuffled off with it to banish it to a closet. A closet that the boy damn well knew Helio wouldn't just walk up to and open without invite. "You realize that it's cold, and despite Waru having heat, it's not necessarily toasty in here?" Though he supposed that would be remedied via the oven once they got going. He sighed. "It still would have been nice to at least get out of this leotard and belt." He huffed despite the obvious flattery the two were giving him.

His eyes shifted to his coat that was now draped across the couch. The poor piece of furniture looked as if it was going through an identity crisis with the amount of items strewn on it's corner along with the tell-tale-signs of it being utilized for lounging as well. Considering it was Waru's place, it would be no surprise that the couch was used for more than just lounging too. Vaguely he wondered if the man ever actually cleaned his upholstery.

"Unfortunately, cooking and baking are pretty different. I am no expert. I only baked a few times while living in London. My roommate was the one with the baking talent. I tended to just watch her while she worked her magic." So in truth, Aelius was about as new to this as the rest of them. So the odds of them burning the place down may not be high, but the chances their cookies would be edible was definitely questionable.

"And you cooking cookies in your mouth is...no. That doesn't count." He remarked to Faustite as he moved back to the counter to take stalk of the ingredients. Waru had enough there for them to make hundreds of cookies. At least if they messed up the first batch or two they'd have enough to try again.

He glanced to Eion, who was now snuggled within the jacket Aelius had been wearing, to the closet in which his duffle was banished to. "I'll get it eventually cause sooner or later you're going to let me shower and freshen up."

"And Lex is you." He said as he grabbed a bag of chocolate chips pointedly ignoring the hint of accusation sent his way. Was that a touch of jealousy? Possessiveness? Aelius decided he liked that little bit something. Whatever it was exactly. "I can't go around calling you Elex without taking the chance of causing some problems." It wasn't worth risking breaking a glamour should the wrong person overhear. "I thought Lex would work."

He paused in his fussing with the ingredients, a small tinge of red brightened his cheeks as he looked to the boy swallowed up in his coat. He liked that, he realized. There was something incredibly pleasing seeing his boy draped in that coat. "Unless you don't like it?"

Stri2ckenized

shin1ingamisgirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:27 am
Waru smothered his laugh for Eion's antics behind the warmth of a fist, tossed the other boy a shrug, because he'd at least tried to spare the coat. Alas, it was bound to be one more sacrifice to the kitchen gods, cause it couldn't be proper cooking if anything wound up too clean at the end.

"Later then," nothing to do better for Aelius's desires than offer a less than apologetic shrug. The duffle'd been fed to the den of linens, it was a loss amidst a fluffy overhaul of unfolded, wadded, multicolored piles of things Waru believed were of use: towels, washcloths, bedding, old bits of shredding that could be used in tourniquet kits. The works. He was sure they'd get it back to him after, but right now? They liked him as he was, wanted him there, enjoyed the easy organic-ness of the soft moments and shenanigans in between wanting after moments of time with the other man. Hardly cared if he was dressed up, down, sweaty, fresh from work or something in-between, "makes the most sense really! You're only gonna get dirtier doing this, n our Firebrand isn't gonna give that up now that he's in it."

Hurdling the passage of 'too long' that'd sat in his head all this time didn't feel so daunting now, not with the prospect of fun straddling the horizon. All the ways the two played with each other like it was old hat and nothing had changed for the worse-- only the better. Eion had told him Aelius had forgiven them, slathered it all with reassurances and ideas for third, fourth, fifth chances at making amends. Waru hadn't dared ask after Trey, knew that was likely a deadly bridge he'd have to cross at his own peril and on his own time.

With Aelius at least, he'd hoped his boy was right. Hearing the nickname? He knew. Everything was gonna be alright. It was too cute, blush-worthily so, because there was always some stark little spark of surprise for hearing 'Elex' spoken aloud, let alone so casually. Hearing 'Lex' -- his whole damn heart flared warm for the love so clearly buried in that single bit of word.

"I like it---n'if you end up needing any help getting outta that after?" if pet names were okay, if playing was okay? Then innuendo had to be too. It was one of the few other languages Waru knew how to speak properly, milk tongue birthwords given up easy as food n touch. Plus! Suggesting six hands were better than two made absolute sense, right? There had to be a saying about s**t like that etched somewhere in a quotes book or a wise folkmans tale. Especially since chances were looking high for bits of Aelius self finding their ways into Warus belongings, he doubted Ei' would give up the coat so easily now, that the dance belt would make it out of a bedroom, that the duffle wouldn't wind up later stashed for stop-by use between missions; kept those thoughts quietly to himself as he shamelessly watched Aelius assess his baking hoard with red tinged cheeks.

Even if the cookies came out charred to s**t n barely edible? He wouldn't've cared. Watching was enough already. Being a fly on the wall and witness to something good.

Xkolina
XStrickenized

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:47 am
Aelius was right, Waru's heat struggled to keep his drafty cardboard box of an apartment warm. Eion didn't favor the chill of the place, and usually wore one of the seven hundred throws to make up for it (which was a lie, he wore at least five regularly). He headed for the couch while his boy complained. "Then get out of it," he tossed back, as if it made little sense for the boy to complain. He knew where the bathroom was. He knew where the shower was, too. And he had a pair of sweatpants if he was really feeling that self-conscious about it.

Visiting the couch, Eion plucked a handful of throws from it. Some of them were actually nice — spun wool woven into a thinner throw that kept anyone warm, and some were microfleece or something? Eion didn't know. Some where cotton, some were a polyester blend. If he grabbed enough blankets, he was sure he could turn those complaints toward being too hot.

As he returned, Eion held up the armload of blankets. "For when you get back," he explained. "From your shower." A pointed glance and a loft of brows explained that he didn't have a choice.

The nickname was something else, though, and it caught his tongue. Felt his cheeks warm at the thought of it. Clever thing for finding a way to slip that one by. "Oh," he added afterward, though he wasn't sure what to say. Anything on his mind felt like a non-sequitur. He hadn't disliked it. Rather, he thought it sounded far classier than he was, like dressing up Waru and parading him around as a model. Sure, Waru had the body for it in the way that Eion — Elex — had the name for Lex. But just as Waru lacked the disposition and airy grace for modeling, Eion lacked the sophistication for the new name.

Having his hands full limited his actions, but Eion had other ideas. Bumping shoulders with Aelius to get his attention, Eion stood up on his toes to give him a kiss.

Aelius had his 'orders' to go shower, so Eion went to Waru afterward. "Didn't Ana use recipes? Wasn't paying attention when she baked." Eion preferred napping on her bed, or the couch, or the chair — wherever, since he used to visit her during the day. Hard to believe it'd been a year, now, and she left them with such a watery excuse.

Feeling miserable for mentioning her, Eion settled against Waru with a sigh. Leaned his weight, not that there was much of it. "Killed the mood for cookies," he muttered. Thinking about Lysithea often did.

shiningamisgirl
kolina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:15 am
Aelius received the kiss happily. The bit of anxiety over his choice of nickname fluttered as quickly as his own heart did at the acceptance. A smile followed the absence of Eion's lips. Gold eyes followed his boy as he retreated to Waru's side.

Ah yes, his boy was going to be demanding, even now. To be fair though, Aelius had made a big deal about his lack of cleanliness. It became abundantly clear though that he was not going to be getting his bag back anytime soon and he suspected any attempts to retrieve it himself would result in him being chastised, maybe even bodily moved from the closet. He smirked at the thought as he left his spot at the counter to make his way to the bathroom. Maybe it would be worth it?

"You'll have to wait for another day Waru." He teased as he left the room. In the process he casually slipped a finger under one of the straps of his leotard before letting it snap back into place.

The apartment not being massive (Not that his own was any bigger), it was easy enough to find the bathroom. He slipped into the small room clicking shut the door behind him. He vaguely wondered if either of the two would try to join him as he stripped off his sweats, the leotard and the damned dance belt. He deposited the belt and leotard together in a small pile and the sweats he kept separate since he was going to be downing those again.

His shower was quick. Mentally he thanked and apologized to Waru as he stole a bit of the man's body wash. His hair he didn't bother cleansing beyond a quick rinsing off. The heat of the water was certainly hot enough to warm him up and Aelius was pleased for that. The chill that had soaked into him was banished by the time he finished and turned the shower off.

With hair damp and wearing nothing more than grey sweats, Aelius emerged from the bathroom with a towel as he worked at drying the purple locks just a bit more. The cool air of the apartment hit him, but the left over warmth of the shower did a fair job of protecting him from the initial onslaught. It wouldn't last long though.

To top it off, he was now fully aware the fact that his scarred back was on full display. While he'd gotten used to it while at work and in intimidate situations, it felt incredibly odd to walk around baring it so casually. An anxiety swirled in his stomach as he worried that it might stir any possible bad memories for his boy.

He was likely over thinking it. Still, he made a paint to drape the damp towel over his shoulders like a make-shift cape after he finished with his hair.

"Alright." He said. "Are we ready to tackle some cookies?" He questioned as he rejoined the couple in the main living area. "I think I saw everything we would need for chocolate chip cookies if that suits you two?" He would have to look up a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe of course, but that was the glory of having a cellphone. A recipe was a mere google search away.

Strickenized

shiningamisgirl

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:18 am
Such a ******** tease —

Waru’s mouth watered, he hated to watch Aelius leave, but also loved to watch him go. The grace that was clearly a dancers, unachievable for him, that level of surety in every pretty step — and suddenly he was distracted with an armful of equal measures boy and throw. Downy soft and bony solid, however slight the frame, his arms were eager to hold. Waru’d never miss a moment for it — a chance to have Eion not on fire and close enough to squeeze gently. It was the only time his boy smelled so different as to seen new, hints of how Elex would’ve been — minus the copper and ozone — the ichor and heat. Human soft and easily handled as silk — as glass…

Waru knew he’d always treat him precious as such. Even with his own penchant for breaking things unnecessarily.

“Oh Ei,” and he tried to break that somber moment with a kiss to the top of burgeoning curls, to give his boy the length of his form to curl up on, “grief is the culmination of love, Firebrand. It’s alright to feel it n to build new memories out from it,” because he wasn’t trying to erase Ana’s face and her particular brand of love with the newness of their own. Merely trying to build upon it, to take that old hurt n make it softer, till the ache was from the soreness of stretching a favored scar instead of the freshness of a new wound, “and I’m damn sure she had recipes, but I was terrible for patience. So she always had the dough ready to throw into the oven by time I got there. I was better at the decorating part than I was at the mixing stage.” the thought was bittersweet as bakers chocolate. He had patience enough to watch the cookies bake, but barely enough afterwards to also wait for them to cool — hot pans were so tempting at times — it was a fault that he never learned to curb; even with Ana’s cute as heck Christmas oven-mitts at hand!

Then Aelius stepped out and Waru felt his heart race, found himself clinging a little tighter - because if this didn’t distract Faustite? <********> —- Waru sure as ******** felt distracted, enough for both of them maybe.

“Suits me just fine…” oh, was that hoarse, was he drooling? Was this how his husband felt every damn time he saw a Y chromosome in all its dangling glory —- it wasn’t like he hadn’t ******** seen Aelius without a shirt before, but there was something about a freshly showered person — where wound care and comfort care switched his brain off and — oh-ooohhh….

It was the sweatpants thing. He was beginning to see it now, and it was a delicious picture.

kolina
Strickenized

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:26 am
Eion heard what Waru said, but it didn't make any sense to him. If grief was the culmination of love, then why love if one had to grieve at the end of it? Was it worth that? If all these boys he'd gotten mixed up in ended up hurting him in the end, then should he quit while he was ahead? Go back to the Rift? Spend time with youma that wouldn't love him or leave him, until the point that they faded away? Eion frowned, even as he was pulled close to his husband.

It didn't make any sense. Then his boy made it worse by saying he could build new memories out of it, like it was all plain as words on a page. Like everyone understood that much, even Waru. But wasn't that spitting on the grave of the memories he had? He avoided people who smoked pipes because Schörl smoked pipes, and he'd had enough of those experiences. He avoided people who smoked cigarettes, too, in part because of the stench, and in part because it reminded him of his brother. He didn't like talking about Elex because the name alone brought up a batch of bad memories. Why should he keep coming back to the things that hurt before, even if the context was different?

"That can't be right," he started to say, when he heard the bathroom door unlatch.

And — there he was. The boy. Wearing nothing but sweatpants and a towel. That, he decided, was a far better change of conversation than anything he could manage. Eion smiled as he shuffled over to meet him halfway, and wordlessly draped a few extra throws around his shoulders after a thorough inspection of that a**.

He never regretted when his boys stayed in shape. He smelled like Waru, too, what with the body soap. Maybe he should've stopped in for a visit — too late for that now.

At the mention of chocolate chip, Eion shrugged. "You can put anything in my mouth." Didn't even have to be cookies. As he shifted to wrap himself in the remaining gathered blankets, he asked, "How do we start?" He looked at Waru, then Aelius, then the oven, which he was reasonably certain Justice used first.

kolina
shiningamisgirl

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:07 am
Aelius took the blankets that Lex put over his shoulders with gratitude. It would kill two birds with one stone, keeping him both warm and his blemished back covered. Perfect.

He glanced to Waru who was…welp, likely lost in thoughts that were far from cleanly considering that look. Lex’s comment about putting whatever in his mouth was enough to assure his assumptions of where his boys thoughts were too. “You’re both incorrigible.” He said with a warm smile. “We are here to do something wholesome like make some holiday cookies. Get your minds out of the gutter.” Still, he preened under the attention. He may not have been as blatantly narcissistic as he used to be, but Aelius still enjoyed being appreciated. After all, he worked hard to have this body, It damn well better be enjoyed.

“Right. Now, the cookies.” Before moving into the kitchen, the danseur popped back into the bathroom to deposit the damp towel. Returning to the main living area he moved to the supplies for the cookies while whipping out his phone from a sweatpants pocket. It didn’t take long to find something that would suffice their needs. 'The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe' was a promising title. Of course he had to sift through an entire blog post of nonsense about the bloggers life and family and whatever else before getting to the actual recipe itself. It was worth it though.

“Alright, Waru, we’re going to need a bowel and either a whisk or a mixer? If neither of those then I think a spoon would work. It’s just going to take a bit longer.” Not that that mattered. There were three of them after all and they could take turns to make sure the batter was well mixed.

As he waited to see what sore of vessel Waru would procure for a bowl (Aelius hoped it was an actual bowl) he grabbed the flour and opened it not a carefully as he should have (He only had one hand after all so he could hold onto the blankets still over his shoulders), resulting in a small cloud of white which he coughed and waved at.

“Lex, do you wanna read the first step?” He handed over his phone to dark-haired boy.

strickenized

shiningamisgirl

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas