Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] Champion of the Outcasts (Yae Madhu x Zlatohrbitek)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm
User Image

The seasons were changing and all forms of life on the earth were acting in kind. The leaves on the trees were turning bright hues of orange, red, and yellow; the smaller mammals were busy hiding nuts in the ground to keep for winter; birds were chirping and flitting about; and brightly colored fall flowers were beginning to bloom. Yae Madhu was aimlessly wandering across a meadow, the long grasses undulating in soft golden waves, stopping here and there to inspect and sniff patches of wildflowers. Flowers were their favorite, and they loved the new blooms that came with each new season. The fall brought purple asters, orange and pink coneflowers, bergamot, ironweed, and thistle. Yae lifted their head from a particularly pungent patch of black-eyed susans and smiled across the field, the sound of bees buzzing all around them.

Yae made a note of this flower patch’s location. The blooms here were beautiful, and Yae would often collect flowers at the end of the season to make displays to enjoy their beauty at home. But they were always careful to wait until the end of the season. Wildflowers were important for the environment, food for the pollinators who helped other things grow. If Yae snipped the flowers too early, they wouldn’t sever their purpose and could greatly impact the fragile ecosystem.

Taking in one last eyeful of the beautiful flower bed, Yae took a big breath of the crisp fall air before trotting off to inspect another flower bed to see what they could find there.

[WC: 257]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:37 pm
User Image
Zlatohrbitek was tracing a line along the border of a meadow where it met the trees. A new crispness was in the air as the summer heat and humidity began to fade away to fall. The colors were changing all around. Animals were growing thicker coats in preparation for winter, the trees were a multi-colored sea, and new fall flowers were beginning to bloom. Zlato often found himself with nature as his only company. He had always struggled to make friends, with the stigma of his kind following him around everywhere he went. He knew what he was, and the fact was that most shifters tended to be violent and vicious. But this was not Zlato. He tended to be generally kind-hearted and meant no harm, unless there was harm meant to him.

Regardless of his true intentions, he was typically met with fear from strangers, and this constant rejection had made him shy and afraid to make new connections. He had many opportunities to meet new soquili, but more often than not, it did not go in his favor so he had all but given up. But the birds and squirrels going about their winter preparations weren’t afraid of him. The bees and butterflies didn’t run from him. Perhaps these were better friends than other soquili. Turning to gaze across the meadow, he caught sight of one such soquili trotting across the field. He froze for a moment, unsure of what to do next. Should he try to make friends with this soquili, and possibly face another harsh rejection, or should he skulk back into the shade of the trees, hiding until they passed? Deciding to face his fears, Zlato left his trail and stepped into the high grasses of the meadow, allowing the light to shine on him, making himself more visible to the passing soquili.

[WC: 308]  

Nori Ishida

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:38 pm
A flash of light at the edge of the meadow caught Yae’s attention, and they stopped short once they caught sight of the source of the flash. It was a shifter, standing there plain as day. Yae couldn’t ever recall seeing one out in the open in the middle of the day like this, and it caught them slightly off guard. The shifters had a nasty reputation, but Yae knew that they weren’t all bad, and they suddenly realized that the flash of light had come from the sun sparkling off a gem in the middle of the shifter’s forehead. So this one was charmed, which meant he might not be all that bad after all.

Yae always did their best not to judge a book by it’s cover. The way that Yae expressed themself often rubbed others the wrong way, and they had been the subject of much ridicule over the years. They had come to have a soft spot for the other “outcasts” in the world. At the same time, Yae acknowledged the fact that shifters could indeed be bad news, so they approached with caution. Lowering their head so as not to appear threatening, Yae sidled up to the pelted stallion and offered a kind smile.

“Well, hello there, fella. Out to enjoy the crisp air today?” Yae tried to keep it light, both in an attempt to hide their uneasiness and to make the shifter feel comfortable. They hoped it worked either way, and that they didn’t end up as lunch!

[WC: 255]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:39 pm
Was this some sort of trick? This brightly painted soquili showed no fear at the sight of him. Zlato was so thrown off, it was quite a while before he noticed that his mouth was agape. Quickly shutting his maw as he cleared his throat, he continued to stare in disbelief at the…mare before him. As he continued to look, he second guessed that this was a mare, and perhaps a stallion? It was quite difficult to tell, but there were more important questions to cover first.

“Are you not scared? Not that I’m trying to be intimidating, quite the contrary, but I’m usually met with shrieks of fear, or at the very least, great distrust.” Zlatohrbitek still could not believe that this soquili was still standing here showing no fear. He allowed the slightest smile to tug at his lips and offered a greeting. “My name is Zlatohrbitek, but you can call me Zlato if you want. I promise, I mean you no harm.”

[WC: 165]  

Nori Ishida

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:40 pm
Yae allowed themself to relax a bit, heaving a small sigh of relief, and broadened their smile. Hearing the stallion explain how he was often met with fear struck a chord with Yae, and they sashayed a little closer to the shifter, pink eyes sparkling with kindness.

“It’s nice to meet you, Zlato. I’m Yae Madhu, but you can call me whatever you please,” Yae chuckled. Though their physical features were predominantly feminine, Yae’s voice had a slight depth to it that was more commonly heard in males. Yae loved to play to this ambiguity and would often exaggerate their differences in order to tease or taunt new friends. Still wary of the shifter’s true nature, though, Yae decided not to play this angle too strongly just yet.

“I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been the source of so much unfounded fear. Wouldn’t it be nice if people would just take some time to get to know somebody before making such harsh judgements?” Yae shifted their hips and smiled coyly at Zlato. “I can relate, in a way. My…lifestyle…has been quite controversial at times, and there are plenty that persecute me just for being who I am.” Yae’s smile faltered for just a second before they regained their flirtatious grin. “But I certainly won’t let that stop me from being me!”

[WC: 221]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:41 pm
Zlato finally let his face crack with a full smile, something he hadn’t experienced in far too long. Yae Madhu was so kind, he almost forgot about his fears of meeting new soquili and the daunting task of making new friends. Though the name did not clear up any of Zlato’s confusion about whether Yae was a mare or a stallion, he found that he didn’t really care. Regardless of who Yae was, Zlato found them somewhat enticing.

He shook off these thoughts as the slightest blush tinged his cheeks and bowed gratefully to Yae. “You are very kind, and I appreciate your understanding. I must admit, it gets very lonely living life as one of my kind. There are tribes of more violent shifters that band together, but it’s hard to find non-bloodthirsty brethren.” Zlato met Yae’s soft, pink eyes before shifting his gaze across the meadow. The sun was just beginning to set and was casting a golden glow over the field, the butterflies and bees outlines in silhouettes. He turned back to meet Yae’s gaze. “I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year, and would enjoy a sunset stroll across this meadow if you care to join me.” He grinned shyly. “I’m sorry if that’s too forward for us just meeting. Like I said, I don’t make many friends so I’m not quite sure how to go about all this.”

[WC: 237]  

Nori Ishida

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:42 pm
Yae couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at Zlato’s awkwardness. Oh, they were going to have fun with this one, that’s for sure. They laughed inwardly at the thought that this kind shifter may become a close companion. Champion of the outcasts, indeed.

“Autumn is one of my favorite times, as well, and I think that your proposal sounds just splendid!” Yae sashayed up next to Zlato and bumped their hips against his, the coy smile returned to their lips. “Lead the way, my good sir!”

[WC: 86]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:44 pm
Zlato felt the color returning to his cheeks and hoped that Yae didn’t notice as they started walking away from the trees and towards the setting sun, the golden grass whispering against their legs as they passed. This new friendship was exciting and slightly confusing, but he felt great potential in this new companionship.

[WC: 54]  

Nori Ishida

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces