RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Though the stallion had tried to track down his older brother it had proven to be a pointless endeavor. There was not a single sign and Akeldama knew after an hour of hunting that he’d find no clues. Many emotions tugged at the once cocky warrior who had so easily shed blood. So easily killed without a single care. Raced into battle without whatever this feeling was. It bubbled up and consumed every fibre of his being.
Then it came crashing down over his head. A cold icy spike stabbing within his chest..head whipping towards where he knew his beloved called home. No. It had been many long years but as he started galloping through the forest Akeldama finally recognized the feeling..the emotions attached. It made him feel like a foal again. Fear.
Heart hammering he paused near Conall’s territory, anxiously pacing. Checking the perimeter for any signs of his sibling or anything else dangerous. No harm could come to the one he adored. Not a single hair on his head should be out of place.
Jezebel his forever faithful wolf had managed to get home unscathed, she stood protectively rigid next to the miniature stallion. Fur on end, sharp canines on display whenever a branch cracked or a bird chirped nearby. Good. All the old fear left Akeldama on a razor's edge; he did not reveal himself. Instead he started patrolling constantly..being even more stealthy than he had been in the past. Not even dear Jezebel caught sight or scent of him.
As long as they were safe.
Then maybe the fear would dissipate.
It left Akel breathless when night fell and a new wash of the alien feeling fell over his mind..it left him struggling to find sleep. Conall wasn’t there beside him..Cinnamon & Jezebel weren’t heaped on top of the stallions..it was heartbreakingly cold. Still he fought to sleep. No harm must come to them and if that meant Akel had to stay away forever then he would! Eventually in the wee hours of morning he drifted to sleep…nightmares fueled by his fear left him struggling. Old fears came back to light. Fear of being alone forever, fear of death..and worst of all was the constant scene of him finding Conall dead. That one was bad enough that it made his eyes fly open..a soft gasp escaping his too dry mouth. “No..no please. He’s okay. I can protect them..”  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Papa Akkie?" A soft, sweet little voice, as dear as his own Jezebel squeaked from beside him, before he'd feel tiny little feet grasp his mane as a ball of fluff scrambled up his shoulder. "Why sleep outs here? Daddy was looking for you." Cinnamon fluffed her fur as she snuggled into the curve of his neck. "I snucked away and no one, not even sissy saw!" She was proud of herself for being able to sneak away from under the sharp wolf's care. The sweet baby had no idea of the possible lurking danger, just that she had missed her Papa last night.  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:17 pm
Jerking in surprise Akel wanted to fall back into very old bad habits..but he couldn’t do that to the sweet creature. He adored Cinnamon “Ah you’re very clever dear Cinnamon..I’m just protecting you all for a bit. I met a very bad stallion who knows where your daddy is.” What went unsaid was the fear prickling down his spine even now..even with the first wee early morning rays of sunlight starting to brighten the land. “You should go back. I need to go patrol again and your Daddy will be very worried if he can’t find you.” Voice soft he gave Cinnamon a strained smile..ears pinning back when he heard a tree branch crack. Again came the feeling. He decided then and there that he abhorred fear or being fearful. It was a never ending nightmare. It ruined the stallions strong image and all his training that had been so viciously beaten into him as a foal vanished. “Let me walk you closer.”  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:18 pm
"But Papa," Cinnamon whined her little whiskers twitching as her tiny paws gripped at his mane. "Daddy missed you! Sissy missed you too! I missed you." It was easy to hear the pout in the young female's voice. "Can't I go with you? Please? I can help!" She didn't know why Papa was acting so weird but she knew he would keep her safe. He was the strongest and biggest stallion ever!  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:19 pm
Taking a deep breath Akel started moving towards the others resting place, cautiously approaching..relieved when he saw Jezebel still snoring away. “I missed you too. It’s just not safe, besides you can have your own special mission. How about you my brave Cinnamon make sure sissy and daddy stay safe? You could guard them for me.” Trying to convince her wouldn’t be an easy task but he still had to try. Especially when a louder crack sounded in the forest. That icy feeling crept over him again. No no no! There was little time to get away..to protect them. Tail thrashing Akeldama moved more swiftly towards Conall. Desperate to see him. To make sure they were safe; if only to crush the fear.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:21 pm
Cinnamon squeaked startled when he started trotting towards the glade. If she hadn't had such a good grasp of his mane she would have tumbled off. "Papa! Don't make fall!" She squeaked scolding him. When he said he had a mission for her, the youngster perked up, "Can do Papa! I keep Daddy and sissy safe till you come home tonight."  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:22 pm
Spying the best spot for them to stop Akeldama very carefully crept nearer. It made him feel just as creepy as it had before..but he couldn’t fight off the very real feelings if dread. It had to be done. “Sorry sweetie. That’s my girl..take good care of them on your secret mission.” Just squashing down these feelings wouldn’t work for much longer. Being oh so careful he lowered his head to let Cinnamon down at a safer height. He waited with continued patience..trying to calm the racing of his heart. A bird called out in the distance. More branches snapped. His brother could be lurking anywhere! Still he tried to appear strong. Unbroken as he shooed Cinnamon back to safety, nervously shuffling his feet. Now he had to flee before the adorable familiar awakened Jezebel or gods forbid Conall.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:23 pm
"Papa, no!" Cinnamon thumped one little foot stubbornly. "You come say hi to Daddy. Daddy missed you. Him sad without you!" When he tried to nose her onward, she grabbed his upper lip whiskers in her little paws. He'd end up picking her up if he tried to lift his head. So here he was, once a vicious killer, trapped by a couple ounces of fluff. "You say morning to Daddy.”  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:24 pm
Snorting loudly to fight off a sneeze at the sudden grab at his face Akel gave the little one a critical look. Talking this close may hurt her. Potentially tricking her might free him but Conall and Jezebel would end him. Wrestling internally Akel gave a little nudge to Cinnamon’s stomach in an almost tickling motion. Voice eventually coming as softly as he could manage “Fine. Let me go first..” His heart was racing..waiting for the right moment to flee. Like a coward. Was that what this fear was doing to him? Had his brother been right? Was he weak now because of his love for Jezebel, Cinnamon and most of all Conall? A look of pain flashed over his face. Running away would be the best option. The best way to protect them. So he waited oh so patiently for Cinnamon to be distracted or to move away enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:25 pm
However his prayers would go unanswered as before he could make a run for it (or figure out how to dislodge the fluff ball) the voice he...ok not the voice he most dreaded hearing, but wasn't exactly welcome at this moment spoke up. "Yes dear, were you planning to come say good morning?" Oh someone wasn't exactly happy with his actions. Conall's expression and the backwards tilt of his ears said clearly he was not in the mood to play games. Busted.  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:26 pm
How much could he be surprised in one day? Apparently the number was astronomical. Clearing his throat to hide the rising panic Akel fought for a proper answer. A rustling nearby showed a very upset Jezebel..who did not speak to him. The only sound she made was to gently call for Cinnamon. Ears flicking back to hide amongst his mane the former warrior stayed bent over. “I. Y-yes of course I was going to say good morning..I-i just.” The phantom grip of fear made him feel sick now; sick and so so weak. “It’s dangerous.” He knew that weak reply would get him torn to bits by his feisty little love..just as he’d been unable to escape Cinnamon’s tiny clutches. Head hanging further his voice came, even softer than before. “I’m…afraid..”  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:27 pm
There was silence for a moment before Conall's voice spoke up again, "Cinnamon go with your sister."

"But daddy.."

"Now please." It was the most firm Akel had ever heard him be with the mouse kit. Once the girls were safely tucked back into the nest they normally shared, a nest that had been widened to make room for Akel's size and Jezebel's tendency to wiggle in her sleep till she was tucked between the two stallions like a foal, Akel would fell Conall nose his neck gently. "Talk to me Akel. I can't understand what's going on if you don't."  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:28 pm
Mind spinning Akel shamelessly leaned into the touch, nosing his way into Conall’s mane. Breathing in the scent of home. It was something he would die to protect. “He found us. Found you…h-he knows where we live.” Realizing his breathing had become ragged the strong stallion fought to not crumble. A few traitorous tears leaked free. “M-my brother. I thought he had died in one of the last battles..he’s alive.” The words felt heavy. A crackling tree branch had him whipping his head up..eyes panicked & wide. “Not safe. He’ll hurt you..I c-can’t lose someone again.” He would rather lay down and die than lose the one he loved again. Akeldama might be a battle scarred ex warrior but in that moment he felt like a foal..legs trembling and heart constricted with emotion. “C-can’t. I c-can’t lose you my love.”  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:29 pm
"Akel..Ake..AKELDAMA!"Conall hated raising his voice, he really did but seeing his brave love spiral into a clear panic attack frightened him. "Deep breaths now, in and out." He kept his tone firm but still gentle as he sought to keep the kalona stallions attention in the moment. "That's it, keep breathing for me. You are working yourself into a fit and that is no good for anyone. Now then, why do you think I am in danger? Why would he come after me? Is he a purist?"  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm
Wheezing softly for a moment Akel straightened to look all around them. Worriedly glancing to where the other members of their little family were waiting. A humorless chuckle left the still shaken stallion..tail thrashing minutely. “He is. He was worse than me..more vicious. He likes to play games….toy with his prey. He saw us.” His brother would not hesitate to hurt Conall or one of the girls. “You should take them away..somewhere safer. Maybe.” He could tell he was working himself back up. Panting Akel bent back to press against the smaller stallion..whining oh so softly. “I’ve never felt this way. Not since I was a foal but father beat it out of me..trained us till we felt nothing.”  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff