Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:25 pm
Prompt: Don't Chicken Out:

We've all heard it before. "Don't be a chicken. As if facing your fears was the most natural and easy thing in the world (spoiler: that's a hard no). This month we'd love to see one of your soquili have to face up to a challenge by accident or on purpose. Is your soquili afraid to confess their love to a certain someone? Do jellyfish make them tremble in fear so much that it keeps them from the water? Is there an adversary that needs standing up to? This month, we want you to take a stand against something. Don't have any cowards? Maybe your soquili *is* the fear that another is standing up to.

The possibilities are endless and we're eager to see what you come up with! Make us root for your soquili, and have a chance at---you guessed it!---a chicken! If you're brave enough to make the word count alone or by taking a friend, someone else will likely follow you home this month.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:26 pm
User Image User Image

Today has been difficult, of course. He had to get presents for both of his loves and he dreaded going to the vendors they treated him like he was a "monster" and most of the females ran away from him in total fear.

He looks so mean and could be but since he met his mates he had changed the way he viewed others and was hoping for others to view him in a different light.

He knew he could come across mean, nasty, vicious, crude and vile in his words and actions. He hated everyone and to be honest he did not care what any others thought about him, never gave it a second thought. It was all about what he wanted and he got it. Intimidation was a good tactic and he used it often. He knew his face was a dead giveaway on his emotions so he grinned widely and it looked so wicked that most who crossed his path either stood still in fear, screamed and ran, bowed their head and backed away or just flat out started screaming like he was attacking them. It used to give him immense pleasure that those around him found him frightening.

That changed the day he met his first mate, she was so lovely his heart just stopped for a moment as he took in her beauty. Fearing her reaction he turned to leave but she called out softly to him to come closer and talk to her. He was shocked as no female every wanted him near them. Fearing a trap he used all his senses but only could detect her.

Approaching cautiously, he looked around looking for another male to appear and not a single one did. He was amazed at the soft voice this beautiful mare had. Before long he had relaxed enough to speak with her and they agreed to meet again at that spot on a specific day and time.

"Ah memories" he muttered outloud as he trotted towards his favorite place. The good times he had here were amazing and he cherished them.

Moving at a brisk pace he came upon the idyllic area soon. The water was so blue you could see to the bottom, the sun glistening off the top made it look as if a rainbow was on top of the entire span of the area. The smell of the lilies near the water was sweet but not overpowering and the sounds of the insects were music to his ears.

As he settled into one of his favorite spots near the water, he looked over the water and sighed. He felt at peace here, as if he mattered and not judged due to his appearance. He knew his personality was not the greatest as he grew up to be extremely crude and mean but, in his defense, he had no choice with all the bullying he endured.

The serene peacefulness of this place was shattered suddenly when he heard the sound of hooves hitting the ground hard. His ears immediately raised and moved to locate which direction the sound was coming from. It did not take him long to figure out it was coming right at him. Standing quickly, he turned and waited for whomever was coming his way.

A few moments go by and suddenly coming around the bend was a young kirin. Or she appeared to be young. Squinting his eyes, he watched as he came straight at him, tossing her head in agitation. He took a few steps back as not to scare her even more since it appeared she was very frightened.

He kept moving back until his back legs bumped into a tree, he knew he had nowhere else to go but forward and unfortunately for him the mare was coming right at him.

Looking around to see if he had somewhere he could move to or even hide from her he knew it was futile. He literally was backed up into the tree line that was dense forest behind him with trees twisting into each other and was very impassable unless you knew the way and unfortunately, he did not.

All he could do was wait for her to see him standing there. He was dreading her reaction. He tried to keep his face neutral but no matter what he did his face always looked like he was snarling. He was extremely fed up with others judging him on his looks rather than giving him a chance to show he was not what he seemed.

Breathing as evenly as he could he waited for that moment she realized she was running out of room to run and that he was standing in her way and that he had literally nowhere to go. If he went right, he would be in the water which he loves but cannot swim at all, and to his left which leads into the forest behind him and the trees are making it impassable, so he really had nowhere to go.

He made a sound and suddenly the mare looked up and skidded to a halt within a few feet of him. He watched her eyes widen, her breathing became even more labored, and she seemed on the edge of bolting again. He softly shook his head and said "I am not going to hurt you, I just needed to get your attention since you were running blindly and I have nowhere to go as you can see I am up against the tree line that extends into the forest behind us that is virtually impassable" "I would have hid myself inside the trees so you could have ran on by but there was no way to get inside" Even though there is nowhere for him to go he kept trying to back up and kept bumping into the tree.

Awaiting her response, he stood still and tried not to do anything to alarm her. He hated feeling like he was unworthy of even standing there but it was how he felt. This mare did not know him and she seemed spooked already and he did not want to cause her anymore discomfort. What seemed like a eternity passed, and the mare made no sound, no movement and did not seem like she could do either he had no choice. He moved forward only a few steps and immediately moved to his left so he could continue along the tree line and move behind her and leave the area. He moved with cautious steps, his hooves hitting the ground sounded so loud to him but in reality, it was as soft as he could. He kept his eyes looking her way but not entirely fixated on her so he could be sure of where she was.

As he started to take a few more steps he heard her voice and a question was asked of him. He was shocked she even spoke to him, most don't.

[colore=green] "Why are you moving away from me? I was the one who was not paying attention and almost ran into you. I am sorry for that but that stallion does not understand the word no!" she cried

He raised his head up and his jaw dropped. Not only did she speak but she apologized to him! This was unheard of. He was at a loss of words.

He thought for a few moments before responding to her.

"You're speaking to me and not running away in fear, do you have a death wish? I am not a nice male and yet you are talking to me as if you are not afraid, that cannot be so"

The green mare seemed to be affronted by his words as he saw her snort and a puff of air suddenly filled the air. She seemed to be perturbed at his words! The nerve of this female.

"Why should I be afraid? True I do not know you but I am not allowing my fear to control me any longer. Do you know how far I just ran to get away from a male who was ten times scarier looking than you? Of course, you don't. I am tired of running; I refuse to allow my fear of males to rule my entire existence!" she screamed.

Before he could reply she kept on speaking. It shocked him that she kept on talking to him.

"Why is it you males refuse to listen when a female tells you no, isn't interested or just don't like you? I mean it is not that hard, just leave her alone. I am so tired of hiding, being scared all the time. I am done with it you hear! DONE!!!!! with that she just collapsed on the ground as if her legs just gave out.

Her breathing was still somewhat labored, but she did not appear in any distress. He walked over to her and looked down at her. From this angle he knew his face was even more horrifying, but he felt the need to check on her.

He took a few steps back to give her space and then asked her something.

"You are really not frightened by me? Most mares well almost all run from the sight of me. I am made out to be a monster and yet you just seemed to not care. Why?"

The mare just lay there as if collecting her thoughts and leaned up to a comfortable position but still laid on the cool soft ground. Her eyes seemed to sparkle a bit and she seemed to have a smile about her lips.

"Look I am not trying to be rude here, but I am just over being frightened by every male that crosses my path, most of them are just arrogant and I cannot take it anymore. I do not care what most males look like it is how they act that is what attracts me. I am sorry I ran right at you like a missile, but I was scared out of my mind with that overbearing, stuck up, disgusting and ugly stallion who was chasing me" she exclaimed.

"Why do you think your a monster? I am just curious, I mean you could have charged back at me, scared the living daylights out of me, teased me relentlessly, done just about anything you wanted but your reaction was to back up and hide? That is not the actions of someone who is a monster that is the actions of someone who thinks of others" she said with a smile playing about on her face.

Staring in amazement he struggled to speak for a few moments. This mare really was not scared of him? The only 2 mares who were not scared of him became his mates and he was not looking for a third. They would kill him if he even attempted.

"Thank you, I am just tired of others seeing me as a monster due to my appearance. I was unlucky in having friends or even a mate until I met my first mate and she was so sweet she got under my skin quickly and then I found my second mate who thinks I am to sweet sometimes for my own good. She even told me I need to stop worrying about others opinions and do my own thing. I am not a monster and no need to hide" he said with pride.

The mare was laying there listening when she looked up and said "Your mates are right you should listen to their wise words. I am listening to what a friend tried to tell me and I just only realized when I came upon you. You have made me realize my fear is something that is irrational, and I need to fully get over and you have helped me on the path to do just that" "Thank you, by the way my name is Meadow. I hope to see you again" with that she got up and trotted off in the direction she came from.

"Goodbye Meadow, I am Cruncher. I will see you again hopefully, but both my mates will know I met you" with that he nodded and moved back to his spot.

Meadow turned to acknowledge his words with a nod and then she trotted off into the sunlight.Before he could reply she kept on speaking. It shocked him that she kept on talking to him.

"Why is it you males refuse to listen when a female tells you no, isn't interested or just don't like you? I mean it is not that hard, just leave her alone. I am so tired of hiding, being scared all the time. I am done with it you hear! DONE!!!!! with that she just collapsed on the ground as if her legs just gave out.

Her breathing was still somewhat labored, but she did not appear in any distress. He walked over to her and looked down at her. From this angle he knew his face was even more horrifying, but he felt the need to check on her.

"You are really not frightened by me? Most mares well almost all run from the sight of me. I am made out to be a monster and yet you just seemed to not care. Why?"

The mare just lay there as if collecting her thoughts and leaned up to a comfortable position but still laid on the cool soft ground. Her eyes seemed to sparkle a bit and she seemed to have a smile about her lips.

"Look I am not trying to be rude here, but I am just over being frightened by every male that crosses my path, most of them are just arrogant and I cannot take it anymore. I do not care what most males look like it is how they act that is what attracts me. I am sorry I ran right at you like a missile, but I was scared out of my mind with that overbearing, stuck up, disgusting and ugly stallion who was chasing me" she exclaimed.

"Why do you think your a monster? I am just curious, I mean you could have charged back at me, scared the living daylights out of me, teased me relentlessly, done just about anything you wanted but your reaction was to back up and hide? That is not the actions of someone who is a monster that is the actions of someone who thinks of others" she said with a smile playing about on her face.

Staring in amazement he struggled to speak for a few moments. This mare really was not scared of him? The only 2 mares who were not scared of him became his mates and he was not looking for a third. They would kill him if he even attempted.

"Thank you, I am just tired of others seeing me as a monster due to my appearance. I was unlucky in having friends or even a mate until I met my first mate and she was so sweet she got under my skin quickly and then I found my second mate who thinks I am to sweet sometimes for my own good. She even told me I need to stop worrying about others opinions and do my own thing. I am not a monster and no need to hide" he said with pride.

The mare was laying there listening when she looked up and said "Your mates are right you should listen to their wise words. I am listening to what a friend tried to tell me and I just only realized when I came upon you. You have made me realize my fear is something that is irrational, and I need to fully get over and you have helped me on the path to do just that" "Thank you, by the way my name is Meadow. I hope to see you again" with that she got up and trotted off in the direction she came from.

"Goodbye Meadow, I am Cruncher. I will see you again hopefully, but both my mates will know I met you" with that he nodded and moved back to his spot.

Meadow turned to acknowledge his words with a nod and then she trotted off into the sunlight.Before he could reply she kept on speaking. It shocked him that she kept on talking to him.

Meadow turned to acknowledge his words with a nod and then she trotted off into the sunlight.  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:31 pm
W/C: 2079

Both soq's are owned by me.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers