Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Sweet Deception (Casimir & Meredith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:02 pm
This is a private RP between Prince Casimir (Calixita) & Meredith (Keantha).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Casimir's life had calmed down significantly since he's made friends with Melody. No more run-ins with shifters, thank the spirits, and he hoped it stayed that way. Living by the ocean was turning out to be quite idyllic; he'd found a nice spot to make a shelter in the nearby woods, close enough that he could visit the beach every day if he wished. Today, though, he was out foraging for plants he could bring back home to start a small garden. The satchel draped over his back already has a nice collection, but he was looking for a specific berry that had come to be one of his favorites. He'd told Melody about them and she was eager to try some now, too. The place he'd remembered seeing some looked to be picked clean though, so he was going to have to venture elsewhere to find them. Surely he wouldn't have to look far, he hoped.

He was nosing through another bush when he heard movement not too far away from him. Instantly on alert, his head shot up and he flicked his ears, trying to determine where the noise was coming from. There was a dark figure in the distance, but Casimir noted the unicorn horn and flutter wings with relief. Not a shifter, at least, and not a kalona either. Maybe she knew of the berries he was looking for and could point him in the right direction. With a hopeful smile, he began to approach her.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:33 pm
Meredith was having a wonderful day! The sun was shining bright, the birds were singing, mama and papa had let her go out on her own for the first time since her miracles happened! Ok so maybe mama didn't quite say she could go...but papa hadn't said no and that was good enough! Besides, as long as she stayed here in mama's woodlands, nothing could happen to her. Right?

Humming happily, the tiny mare dropped her head to sniff at something, her wings giving a happy flutter of excitement. Oh, maybe she could bring something back to papa to say thank you for letting her go out alone! Yes, that would be perfect! Now...what should she get? A squirrel was too small, not even a proper mouthful to a big stallion like papa, rabbits were fast but maybe, if she was lucky she could sneak up on one and get it with her horn. She had done that many times before.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 pm

"Hello!" Casimir called out gently, not wanting to startle the mare. "I hope I'm not intruding. I was looking for some berries, and when I saw you I thought I might ask if you've seen any. My name is Casimir," he said, introducing himself with a small bow of his head. He hadn't met many flutters before, but her wings looked so delicate! Casimir wondered if they were easily injured just from brushing up against branches or rough tree bark. They seemed to be in fine shape, though, so he figured flutter wings must be made of stronger stuff than he realized. They were as fascinating as they were beautiful, like a sheer scarf billowing about her shoulders!

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:08 pm
Mere's head shot up in surprise at the sound of a stallion's voice. It was a stranger! Though not a fluffy stranger like him, no this one had a horn like her own and like precious daughter and sweet son. Maybe he was a hunter too? After all, they all were and Mere had never met anyone that wasn't a predator. Her wings gave excited little flaps as she beamed at him, "Hello Casimir!" When he asked about berries she tipped her head to the side like a puzzled dog, ears flicking as the thought, "I don't know. I don't eat berries. What do they look like though? Maybe I can find them! if not I am sure mama or papa could. Mama knows everything!"

She looked to be full grown despite her small stature, but she spoke like a young filly perhaps even a foal would.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:09 pm

Cute was the first word that came to mind, though the way the mare spoke seemed to be at odds with the age of her appearance. If anything, it made him feel a surge of protectiveness; the world could be such a dark place to easily taint such innocence. She seemed eager to help and friendly, though, so Casimir brushed off the oddness; he wasn't one to judge others for their differences. "Oh, thank you! They're a lovely, bright shade of red, and have a bumpy texture. They grow in clusters on bushes." They didn't grow in his family's kingdom -- as far as he knew -- so to Casimir the common raspberry was a rare, delightfully tart and sweet delicacy. "Ah, and by what name may I call you by?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:50 pm
"Grandpa says my name is Meredith but mama and papa call me Merry." She gave him a bright sunny smile, and if the light didn't seem to reach all the way to her vivid green eyes well maybe he didn't notice? She swished her tail as she thought hard trying to remember where she noticed prey eating from time to time.

"Do bunnies like them? Or are they more something deer would eat? Are they big or small? Do they grow high in bushes or in clumps towards the bottom?"

For someone who didn't eat berries, she sure seemed to know about different kinds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:00 pm

Casimir couldn't quite figure out why, but the way Meredith smiled made goosebumps break out across his skin in a way that filled him with unease. "I..." he hesitated, momentarily caught off balance, but quickly regained his composure. He was being ridiculous! Why was he reacting so strangely from a simple smile from a kind mare? Casimir laughed lightly at her barrage of questions. "My! Are you sure you don't eat berries? They taste wonderful, and you seem to know more about them than I do," he teased. "The berries are about the same size as a strawberry, I think. The bush is short, but they grow all over it. I'm not sure about bunnies, but I recall seeing a deer snacking on them a time or two."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:47 pm
Merry laughed, a profoundly unsettling sound, before beaming at him her dainty upper and lower fangs exposed in the broad smile, "No silly! Mama and Papa taught me about what prey eats so I would know where to find food." Imagine! Eating the same food that her food ate! What a silly concept. "I think I know what you are looking for! Come and I'll show you! Oh and maybe we can catch something to eat if there are any grazers there!" It would be fun to hunt with her new friend. She was sure he had to be a wonderful hunter.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:05 pm

Prey? The word gave Casimir pause, his brain trying to catch up with the conversation, and when his eyes caught on the flash of her fangs, he couldn't help the surprised look that crossed his face. "Oh... oh! I-I see, you eat meat." He chuckled nervously. Suddenly, her innocence was more unnerving than cute. "I... I'd love to see where you found the berries, thank you, but I'm afraid I don't hunt. I don't eat meat like you." He didn't particularly have anything against carnivores -- he knew they were just trying to survive like anyone else -- but he didn't exactly want to watch animals being hunted or consumed, either. Casimir hoped she would understand.

... and he hoped she didn't eat other soquili, either.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:47 pm
Didn't eat meat? Didn't hunt? Meredith's head slowly cocked to the side in an eerie movement as she stared at him for a long moment not blinking. Did this mean he was prey? She knew mama and papa sometimes ate other soquili that were too weak or cowardly to fight back but this one, Casimir he said his name was, looked like them so maybe he just didn't know how to eat properly?

"Are you prey then? Are you weak or will you fight if pressed?"

It was very clear this wasn't just an idle question as her eerie eyes stayed locked on him like the predator he now knew she was.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:04 pm

Meredith's reaction to his words made Casimir think he'd just made a grave mistake in his confession. On the surface, she had seemed kind and innocent -- but he was very quickly realizing there was something much more sinister lurking just below. He was hyperaware of his surroundings now, eyes darting to look for an easy escape if she were to attack him. Was she as unstable as a shifter? Flashes of his last encounter with a shifter raced through his mind, and a chill of fear ran down his spine. No... shifters were they're own breed of monster; Meredith was not the same. She spoke to him, asked him questions. She was giving him a chance to prove himself not weak.

He didn't know if he could rise to that challenge and succeed; it was hard enough to maintain eye contact, but he forced himself to stare straight back into her eyes and raised his head a little higher in an attempt to exude the admittedly little confidence he had in himself. "I come from a family of warriors who have no tolerance for the weak. None of us eat meat, but we have conquered many soquili to maintain our power. I won't be mistaken for prey."

It wasn't completely a lie. His family was bloodthirsty and power-hungry... and he never fit in with them. She didn't need to know that part.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:12 pm
In a blink the air of danger was gone as the sunny, if unhinged smile was back on her muzzle, "Oh! Ok! Grandpa Avie likes to keep pets too. Mama had some before she met papa but she got rid of them all and says papa is the only pet she needs now."

Swishing her tail happily, she turned to prance through the brush easily, light on her feet, "C'mon the berries you want are this way! I still don't know why you would wanna eat them but if it makes you happy then that's ok!" Now would be the perfect time for him to slip away, while her back was turned and she was moving away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:21 pm

Pets? Casimir didn't understand what she meant by that, and while it was tempting to ask, he wasn't about to press his luck. Adrenaline was still pumping through is veins in the face of such danger. He could make the first move and attack her while she had her back turned to him, but what would be the point? He had been able to muster up the bravery to deescalate the situation with his words and avoid an unnecessary fight. Starting one now would make him more like his family, and that made a feeling of disgust churn in his stomach. While Meredith chatted and pranced away, Casimir made careful moves to back away to make a clean escape. He didn't feel comfortable turning his back on her right away, but once she was no longer in sight he turned and ran. The berries could wait for another day.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers