Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Star-R] Antique Shoping (Vaylin & The Merchant)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:28 pm
Vaylin had finished saying goodbye to the last of the children at the daycare she worked at as they were taken home by their parents. She was closing up the daycare and shutting off the lights as she checked her crystal it was full of energy. She smiled that was good because she was running a bit low herself. The sun was setting so she figure she could maybe drop her glamour on the way home at for a time to conserve energy, as long as she took a circular route back home where the path would usually be deserted.

This was not the first time she took this circular route and she often enjoyed her long walks she was able to process the day and plan her nights whether she would be staying in or going out to research and observe the activities of the powered world that she knew operated under the cover of darkness. Senshi and Knights and even Negaverse officers tried to keep their identities hidden from the general populace so they tended to only appear at night either to protect the streets or to menace them respectively.

She debated on whether she should spend this night looking for any magical beings, or perhaps she should just shut herself into her small apartment to do research. She did have a stack of books she needed to get through before the local library said they were overdue. She appreciated that her library card had not costed much as she made very little of the human money at her job, barely enough to cover the rent on her tiny apartment and her food costs. Not that she needed much money, on Velencya and especially in the Vanguard luxury was not really particular concept. Everyone had what they needed, why ask for more. But she did at least need money to facilitate her research and her life here on Earth so she was thankful for what she did make.

These were here thoughts as she made her way to the deserted forest trail and dropped her human glamour. At least the trail was supposed to be deserted at this hour. However upon reaching a hill instead of an empty trail she found the set up of a travelling merchant. For a moment she panicked that a human was about to spot her in her true form but thankfully she realized this was not the shop of a normal human. No the trinkets displayed on the table were far too alien for that.

And then she saw the merchant themselves, clearly an extraterrestrial like herself however she did not know his race or place of origin at least not by sight. He vaguely resemble a human however her had horns and inhuman eyes. She approached. "Hello sir you are a merchant, correct?" She asked the alien man as she walked over to the stall. "My name Vaylin, I'm a Cadet of the Vanguard of Velencya." She explained. "May I ask what brought you to Earth? Are you selling these wares?"

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:22 pm
The merchant must have noticed something different about her even before she’d approached, but he didn’t seem at all put off by her non-human skin tone. He seemed curious about her, though visibly excited even if he managed to keep his enthusiasm mostly to himself.

“I am a merchant, yes. Looking to trade, not sell. Earth currency, you know. Doesn’t really have much place outside. You’re a far way off from Velencya, aren’t you?”

He glanced over his shoulder, up at the sky as if he thought he might be able to see the synthetic world from here. He couldn’t, and spent very little time looking for it before he turned back to her.

“Have you gotten lost on one of your missions, stuck here on Earth? Or has something happened to Velencya?”

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:11 am
She nodded to the alien merchant. "Yes, do you know much of my homeworld?" The man spoke like he knew it well, she had never seen or heard of this merchant but then again given her young age perhaps that didn't say much if this man was more ancient than his appearance would indicate.

"No I'm here on a mission." She choose to leave out that she had split with the majority the vanguard over the Commodore's plan, that was not something that needed to be shared with a complete stranger. "Its not that something has happened exactly. But as I'm sure you're aware if you know of Velencya, it is an artificial world. It's can't last forever on its own. I'm hoping I can learn of a way to revitalize it from the knights and senshi who reside on this world after all they are doing that with their own worlds and wonders." She explained.

"But more to the point if you're a trader what are you looking for? And what do you have to trade in return?" Not that she had much to give anyways she had little in the way of personal belongings that she could afford to part with but still if she had something he might want.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm
“Oh, I have a little bit of everything,” he said proudly, visibly delighted with everything she had to say. “I know a bit of Velencya. Truthfully, I didn’t know it still existed, it’s been years and years since I’ve heard even a whisper of your kind. You’re very elusive. Not that I can blame you, of course. With what happened to Velenia and all. You know, I might have something. Hold on,” he said, and he rose from his chair. His tail was twitching and he took a moment to dig around in some of the boxes behind the table.

“I’m interested in all sorts of things. Shiny things, one of a kind things, historical things. I’m a collector, too. I’m not just here to do business. You’re young, so I doubt this will mean anything from you. I don’t think anyone’s been back to Velenia in all these years. I have a few relics, though. This, oh. Here we are,” he said, and he pulled out a small pendant. It looked as though it belonged on a necklace, but it looked as though it had broken off. Though repaired, the necklace wasn’t in the best of condition.

“This is in my list of projects, it’s not fixed. If we’re being honest, I really couldn’t get it to work again. It’s supposed to show the lunar calendar–Velenia used to have two moons, but I’m sure you knew that. A few months ago–Earth time, I’m just estimating–it lit up for a little while, but it’s stopped working again.”

The pendant opened up to reveal an iridescent blue background–the sky–and two pretty, opalescent moons. They were both on their own track, but the mechanism seemed to have stalled. It had nothing to wind it, but careful examination would reveal that it could be cleaned and tinkered with.

“Maybe it’s just run out of energy? I don’t know how you charge things, do you have any special Velencian batteries on you? Here, I’ll let you hold it. You can look. It’s a treasure, a rarity, for sure, but it’s broken so I’ll give you a discount. If you’ve got something worthwhile to tempt me with.”

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 am
"'We're just careful, we lost a homeworld once before we can't afford to lose our new one." She said as she peered over the table at what the merchant was rummaging around for. Then her pulled out a small pendant, an artifact of Velenia. Her eyes went wide.

"You have relics of Velenia!? How? Where did you find this?" The young Cadet exclaimed, she was wasn't sure how to feel about the fact this stranger was pawning off artifacts of her people but she supposed it wasn't really stealing since the item was left on an abandoned world.

She gazed at the sparkling little pendant in her hand, the azure background the opalescent moons. It was almost like it was speaking to her, speaking of her heritage, of a world that should have been her home, of a world the Vanguard may one day reclaim. Yet their was no motion, it was almost poetic a world frozen in time.

"I had read about it." She had of course never seen moons herself, even her parents were barely children when Velenia was lost. "Hmm I don't know if they used the same power source back then that we use now but..." A few months ago, the machine, it had to be connected which meant that this was perhaps powered by the same energy. She tried to feed some of the energy in her source stone to the pendant.

"Please I need to have this." She thought about what she had to trade, she couldn't trade her source stone or her weapon. She thought about subspace, did she have anything this man would be interested. She pulled out a jar of tar covered mushroom. "What about these mushrooms I found them from a world in-between worlds." She had grabbed a handful during the battle with the strange monsters in the other world as she was running for the exit, she had been studying them to try to learn more about the in-between world. Then her face fell a little as she realized what she was actually offering, a jar of gross mushrooms for a invaluable treasure of her people. "Sorry you probably aren't interested in this." She said a bit shyly going to put the jar back in subspace.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:02 am
“No, no.” He offered a hand eagerly, and curled his fingers as he gestured for her to pass the jar over. “You’ve piqued my interest. A world between worlds is, no doubt, hard to come by. I find treasures all over the universe, but I highly doubt this is all there is. I can get around, just about anywhere. But between worlds? It’s worth investigating. Don’t be so quick to discount your discoveries. Besides,” he smiled–politely. Charmingly.

Not at all nefariously.

“It’s not often you meet a lost species. I might be willing to be a little extra generous, all things considered. Maybe you can keep me if you find something else in the future.”

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:39 pm
"Really? Thank you!" She quickly handed over the jar and took the pendant. She cradled the precious heirloom to her chest, she would need to get a chain to hang it from and see about fixing it. Maybe King Caedus would know more about how old their old technology functioned.

"I will!" She promised "Thank you good merchant!" After the exchange was completed she gleefully held her new prize up to the moon light. What an unexpected find, to reclaim even this small treasure from the old world. It was a victory.

The Space Cauldron
fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces