Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 pm
((Solo RP by ~Latonia de la Courtel~, currently featuring "Arcane" Kasun of Ferus Arcanum, Rumple Minze 'Peppermint Cordial' and Zinger 'Lemonberry' Hucklebones. Please do not post unless invited.))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Teepee Here

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:43 pm
Deep in the woods of the Underland lay a certain moonlit hollow, a deep cut bowl of a valley formed of tumbled boulders and flat-packed earth, grown dense with wild herbs and moss. Evident of recent rains meant the moss was dense and lush, a rainbow of blooms springing up. Verbena and phlox and moss rose, greenery yielding delicate petals in shades of pink, yellows, and oranges, even violets and purples.

Beyond the merry meadow of color, the forest beckoned cool and dark. The surrounding trees were a blend of oak, ash, and thorn; ancient and curled like silent guardians. Surrounding the strange circle within a circle stretched more protecting woods and eventually the sharp slate peaks of the surrounding mountains. Even there, scattering the rocky ledges and cliffs, clung bursts of green with dainty petals. White snowdrops had a stronger presence there, but the colorful windflowers were slowly climbing their way toward the snowcaps. They wouldn't quite reach, but the hints of color would surely feed the wildlife emerging from winter burrows or retreating from their southward migration. But this and the strangely calm lake were the heart of hearts of the territory, rarely disturbed and ferociously guarded. Tonight was a night for disruption, a gleeful sort of happening, all velvet shadows limned with silver moonlight.

It was rather well past nightfall when a shadow stirred in the dusk-drenched hollow, barely illuminated by the slow climb of the full moon. The moon of manifesting, or so some would believe. Given the scene cast half in shadow by the slowly rising orb, it was clear those believers had been at work. Stubs of candles pooled wax at the points for the four cardinal directions, merrily burning wicks long-since extinguished and melted masses left to cool. The remains of smudging sage, collections of fresh herbs, and an assortment of glittering stones also remained.

The shape wound among them, burgundy and slate-blue paws pressing moss and herbs underfoot, releasing a twining combination of scents that were piney, fresh and bitter in turn. Sharp golden claws extended, slicing the green undergrowth and increasing the herbaceous scent as a large shape moved gracefully toward the nearly invisible white lines curving over the earth. The low barrier was formed of rough granules, rock salt, and it glittered faintly golden in the drifting golden light the figure exuded. On a convenient, albeit roughly hewn rock pedestal rested an oakwood bowl, filled with a mix of herbs. The discerning eye and nose could easily recognize the contents as a blend of agrimony, apple, bay leaf, dandelion leaf, wormwood, woodruff, and white willow bark.

"Hmmm," The figure rumbled to himself, gleaming golden eyes crinkling in amusement. "It looks like it was quite a gathering... A pity I seem to have missed it."

White teeth gleamed as the great cat chuffed to himself, whiskers shivering as his nose twitched. Tilting his head just enough that the wide brim of his hat cast his bright eyes in shadow once more, the Cheshire stallion gave his surroundings a last glance before gracefully flowing beyond the sprawl of the circle, up out of the hollow, and into the cover of the forest. There was some distance to cover and no reason to hesitate, so he set out.

"I'm on my way, Cousins, never you fear." He promised the whispering wind. "I'm on my way..."

Arcane Wordcount: 562  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:35 pm
Tonight the Underland herd was more or less divided into three groups: those that went to the hollow, those that stood watch, and those that either slept or accomplished other tasks that required tending. True moonrise was several candle marks after nightfall, and theoretically, about the time the silver disk was heavy overhead, those on watch would be relieved by their replacements so they could seek out their beds or move on to other matters.

For his part, Rumple Minze "Peppermint Cordial" had not been among the carefully selected party of those that went down to the hollow; his mother and aunts kept their secrets barring those they shared with the nieces they needed for whatever purpose within those very same secrets. Instead, he'd been permitted to try his paw at sentry duty. As such, the white and raspberry-hued ink Cheshire waited on the outer edges -of the outer edges- of the Hollow Wood, with one ear cast toward where his family had melted away into the dense shadows, and the other ear tipped toward the borders where danger might be expected to come from. Or he had tried, but eventually, he and his faithful companion had tucked themselves against a tree trunk, curled together, and resolved to 'guard' from there.

Leaving the youngest in charge of anything as dull as inter-territory sentry duty is not for the best, as the lack of action or even the threat of it can too easily lead to wandering paws or lowered eyelids. As such, while it was more or less agreed the younglings could take turns, when it was Rum's chance, the candle marks of stillness had led to him drifting off. It wasn't his fault! It was just all too easy to curl one's self up in the hollow of roots at the base of a tree and drift off to sleep as the cool breeze tugged idly at his mane and danced playfully about his ears. The breeze smelled of fresh flowers, enhanced by soft spring rain. And if that wasn't bad enough, at the edge of his hearing laughed the bright trickle of water; the streams that twined through the territory flush with recent rains and snow-melt. The scents filled his nose and twined around his dreams, all of it easily lulling him into a deep sleep.

Rum Wordcount: 388  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm
Asleep, which is where his elder half-brother found him some unknown time later.

'Oh Rum...' Zing mused silently, humor curling along his lips in a faint grin that he tried to suppress. 'Oh, Little Brother, what are we going to do with you?'

Zinger Lemonberry Hucklebones stepped out of the shadows once he was sure it would not disturb the young sentry, his dusk-blue gaze burning merrily as he looked down on the white chocolate twist of raspberry marked pelt that was Rumple and his familiar. The pair was thoroughly knocked out at this point, drowsing on a bed of clover that had bloomed in white and red. It was particularly fitting, given the napping pair, which only served to amuse Zinger all the more. He had rather guessed that sooner or later the quiet would get to the younger Cheshires, but rather than discourage the attempt he'd merely assigned himself as an overlap and let the matter rest. It was not the sort of thing that presented any danger, so a learning experience it would be... whenever Rum woke up, at any rate.

His mother and aunt had moved through some time ago, retiring to rest after their tasks were completed and the circle subsequently cast and broken. Now it was up to the moon and intention, the slow drift of candle smoke, and the blend of herbs still waiting at the high altar. Not that Zinger had seen to any of that personally, his crown of antlers too grand and branching to admit him along some of the narrower paths he would have been required to traverse to get there. But Aunt Katya had said it was done, and Esfir had seemed quite pleased with herself when she danced past. Her bare bones gleamed white and clicked cheerfully over the stone as she rattled past, jaw chattering with soft excitement as she breezed past him to inhale a heap of spring berries on her way to a well-deserved rest. Zing had let them pass without comment, unwilling to tip his hand and let Rum know there was someone else standing watch.

Which turned out to be for the best, because though he was thinking the night really might slip by without anything further of note to distinguish it from the last or the next... something rather interesting happened.

Strange paws stepped out of the winding trail that led to the Hollow Wood, and then there was a strange face, crested and bewhiskered, eyes gleaming like molten gold, shining out from beneath the brim of a pointed hat. Baubles and spider silk strands gleamed, golden lights danced, and a stranger stepped into view with a soothing grin. There were some strange leather belts draped over his back and hindquarters, holding an assortment of pouches and vials, a grimoire, teacup, and its matching saucer. The rich materials gleamed, gold and crystal and glass, but mixed in were utterly bewildering elements like the almost-glowing mushroom perched on the peak of his hat.

"Err.... good evening?" Zing murmured after a moment of bewildered gazing.

Zinger Wordcount: 512  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:25 pm
Kasun of Ferus Arcanum, called Arcane by many if not all that knew him, easily wound his way out of the Hollow and through the territory of his kin. Eventually, the secretive spot gave way to a grove, the grove to rather conventional appearing woods, the woods to worn paths with cheerfully tipsy signs, bright clusters of flowers, and the remnants of tracks that indicated a wonderful mix of Cheshire Cats, rabbits, and various herd mates called this place home. So then, he had arrived at the right place... Wonder of wonders.

'LookingGlass Lake' proclaimed a cheerful turquoise sign, pointing right.

"Hmmm," Arcane mumbled to himself, giving the sign a nod. "Perhaps another time, thank you."

His golden eyes skipped over to a wine-colored sign tipped toward a gently sloping path, one which meandered downhill before turning out of sight. 'Tea Party.'

"Ahhh," Arcane sighed appreciatively. A cup of tea would certainly hit the spot right about now, as would a nice cake if one could be found. He had every faith that refreshments would not be disappointing, should he manage to find the individuals that he sought. Katya had always been a good hostess. "Now that, that is more like it, I should think."

On graceful paws he followed the direction of the darker placard, winding his way around trees until he at last stepped through a great arch. On the far side of the branch-wrought marker, Arcane found himself in an open meadow that seemed to largely function as a convergence of paths like the one he had followed to this point. Many of the trails were well worn, smooth with packed earth, small stones rounded smooth, or set with large chunks of smooth stone edged with flourishing greenery. This was very much an active little corner of the world, but its occupants clearly took care of their surroundings.

Leaving off his meandering evaluation of his surroundings, Arcane turned bright golden eyes to the stranger standing in a similar archway across from him. The large stallion, striped so that Arcane immediately recognized him as kin but antlered in a rather unexpected way, seemed to be blinking bright blue eyes in bewilderment. Offering a faint smile for his part, Arcane kept his silence other than granting the young stallion a questioning tilt of his head.

"Err.... good evening?" Said the stranger.

'Adorable.' The Magician thought to himself, though taking care to keep the thought to himself.

Aloud, Arcane chuffed softly in amusement. "Good evening... Apologies if I am intruding, but I'm searching for my cousins. I understand I am needed, and thus I've made my way here... Though, I rather wonder if I've found my way to the correct place?"

Arcane Wordcount: 451  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:12 pm
'Here now, Zing my lad,' the young buck of a stallion thought to himself with a sigh. 'This is what becomes of matters when you let your guard down. And you as a sentry, covering for the young one? Let your guard down and find yourself in the same position Rum's in... or will be whenever he rejoins the land of waking. Clearly, daydreams are just as dangerous as nightdreams. You're in charge and getting snuck up on a stranger like this? It speaks of amateur hour, at best.'

Shaking it off, Zinger gave a bob of his head as he recovered and cleared his throat. "Good evening, please accept my most sincere apologies for a less than stellar welcome, Friend. You have found your ways to the Underland, though most folks enter from outside the herd and find their way in... it appears you've done things the other way 'round. In any case, my name is Zinger. I have a feeling that -considering where I think you've come from, and how- you have indeed found yourself in the correct place and in the correct way."

Serves him right for not quite giving enough weight to the wisdom of his aunts and their soft whispers about ritual. Judging by appearances, this stranger was none other than the Magician that his mother and aunt had been hoping for. What does one say when face to face with a Magician?

"I suppose you'll be wanting to speak to my Aunt, the Queen." He noted after a moment of companionable enough silence. "But it would be rude indeed of me to not offer you refreshment. I am sure your journey was tiring and unusual, if not altogether long. Might I lead you to the table? We will surely manage an audience once you've been adequately refreshed."

Zinger Wordcount: 303  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out