Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Do You Need Some Help? (Shoshan and Princess)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(This RP is for Inari and myself, feel free to read, but no posts unless one of us, please)

Quote:

Prompt: They say that April Showers bring May flowers, and this year is no exception. With the cascading rains come a flourish of new life. Blossoming fields of flowers, vibrant grasses in the hills, riverbeds refreshed with water, and the overflowing waterfalls pushes nutrients throughout the lands. For those in the desert, many oases have been renewed, more temperate weather coming in to provide a brief respite from the scorching summers, and the soft breezes bringing comfort. Under the sea, while not experiencing the seasons like their land counterparts, a noticeable difference in the saltiness of the water has been found, especially close to land where the abundance of fresh water meets the ocean. Now is a good time for movement if one so chooses for all. How are your soquili handling this time of cool peace?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:16 pm
Shoshan had decided on a walk through the forest today, knowing his parents trusted him to be alright. He lived in the woods actually, since that was where the herd he and his family was part of resided. So it wasn't like he was going far, just for a bit of a jaunt through the trees to do some exploring. He had his trusty axe with him, just in case it was needed to chop something down or defend himself. It was probably another reason that his parents were not too concerned about him, he could handle himself.

Everything seemed quiet so far to the young putti, other than the usual sounds of the forest. He could hear the singing of the birds in the trees and the movement of other woodland critters in the underbrush. It was nice getting to hear all of it, along with no danger. Granted, he knew sometimes there would be dangers of those who might wander into the woods, which was why everyone was told to stay safe. Some needed that warning more than others, based on their personalities and their penchant for trouble. He was not one who tended to attract trouble or was too soft to handle it. Each member of the herd had their own skills they brought to the table, he hadn't really figured out what his was yet, though he really wanted to be a knight, like his grandfather. Hopefully, one day, he could prove to himself that he could do so.

The little mini kept his eyes open for anything to do or anyone who might be traveling in the woods. He could have stayed in the herd and hung out with his brother or another member of his family. Honestly, he could have interacted with any of the herd that had not been elsewhere. Though today he felt like stretching his legs and allowing himself a little time to himself. He did hope he would find something to do, since it was a little bit too quiet. If he didn't find anything, then he told himself that he would head back to the herd. He had done a nice walk, so it wouldn't be a bad thing if he didn't get a chance to find anything out here. (WC: 381)  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:24 am
Oh, you've done it now... She thought, torn between dismay and annoyance. She had decided to slip away from her attendants and check out the woods nearby that bordered her abode and a neighboring... herd? Was it a herd? She knew a small group lived on the other side of the forest and she'd gotten curious to see what they were like. But instead, head in the clouds, lost in thought, she'd not been paying attention to her footing and ended up sliding down into a gully. How she managed to avoid serious harm is anyone's guess. Maybe the shrubs along the way down helped to cushion her ungraceful descent. Getting back up and out would pose a challenge for the very same things that helped her now stood in her way. Pondering her plight, she began to pull debris from her tail. There was nothing she could do about her mane and she knew she'd be in for quite the scolding once she was safely home again.

Word Count: 168  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:17 am
Shoshan had been starting to think that maybe he was not going to find anything worthy of note. He had just been about to head back to where the herd he was part of in the forest, when he was sure he heard the sound of crashing through bushes. Now, it could have just been a rabbit or another of the small critters of the forest making noise. However, this was not the kind of rustling bush sound he was used to hearing from them. It was possible that something had spooked them, so they were making more noise than usual. Though, he doubted that too because it sounded like something bigger. It would do him no use to speculate, he told himself, so decided to head in the direction he heard the noise.

He soon got to the spot he was pretty sure he had heard the sound come from, at least close enough. He saw there seemed to be a ravine close to where he was standing, he made sure not to fall down there. Though, he wondered, was the noise he heard from someone who might not have seen the opening in the Earth? After all, if he had not been careful, he certainly would have found himself in such a predicament. He carefully peered over the edge, to see if he had been correct in his prediction. There he noticed an orange someone indeed down there. Oh dear, he had hoped he had been wrong, but nope, definitely someone slipped.

"Hello down there, are you okay? I do hope that you didn't hurt yourself when you slid down there. Could I offer you some assistance, perhaps?"Shoshan called down. He would have to grab something to help them climb back up, he would imagine. His mind thought about what might be best to use, of things that he knew were in the forest. Hmm, maybe some vines, he could get them from nearby, he reasoned or maybe a sturdy enough branch that may provide them a leg up. He would think on it while he waited for an answer and maybe find out how much assistance the other might need. (WC: 363, Total for myself: 744)  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:48 am
Hearing the sounds of someone approaching, Princess Honeysuckle Moonflower III looked around in a panic. Was it her attendants, finally tracking her down? Or worse..? Casting about furtively for someplace to hide, she quickly gave up. Her bright orange body would stand out no matter what. With a sigh, she turned to face the direction she'd heard the noise coming from and saw a head cautiously peek over the edge of the small ravine. A small head. With an axe nearby. Taking all this in, startled and confused, she almost didn't hear him call out to her.

"Oh! Pardon me... I wasn't paying attention. Seems your sudden appearance caught me off-guard." She let out a soft laugh. "I am mostly unharmed, other than a few bumps and bruises. Nothing major. Do you know of a way out of here?" She was not going to admit that she hadn't been paying attention to where she was walking. It was embarrassing enough that someone had heard her crashing descent.

Word Count: 167
Total Personal Word Count: 335

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:49 pm
Shoshan could see that the other appeared to be a bit startled by his appearance over the edge of the ravine. He wasn't sure why, it wasn't that he looked scary at all...did he? He was a mini like the other was, so surely he couldn't instill fear into another. His father, yes, he would certainly scare others with his appearance, but that was because he was a walker. Not to mention, his personality could be a little...off putting when he was in one of his moods. What could make him...oh, his axe...maybe, he thought to himself. He should have thought of that, as he made sure it was secure next to him. Hopefully her seeing he was not using it would bring some comfort to her.

As the other mini began to speak, he listened intently to what she had to say, knowing for sure now it was a girl. Her words confirmed that he had startled her, like he had thought he had. He wondered if that was how she had ended up in her current predicament as well, not paying attention to her surroundings. He wondered if he should point how dangerous that was, since it could get...well, got her into trouble. This was tame to the kind of danger she could have wound up in, it sent a small shiver down his spine imaging other possibilities. He was glad to hear she was not hurt, just some bumps and bruises that were not bad. When she asked if he knew a way out, he smiled down to her.

"I want to start by saying I am sorry for startling you, it was not my intention. My axe I use to help me get out of sticky situations, whether cutting something or to fight. I am also happy to hear that you are not injured, since that would have complicated things. My ideas are I could get some vines and create a rope of sorts for you. Or I could use a large branch to help you climb out, which would work best for you?"Shoshan asked. One might be of more use to her, depending on how much help she needed.(WC: 364, Total for myself: 1,108 )  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:18 pm
Something told her he immediately suspected that she had gotten into this mess because she wasn't paying attention... "If you're certain the traction wouldn't be difficult due to the spring rain we had overnight, perhaps a vine..?" She called up, trying to hide her embarrassment while casting about for a place she could meet him halfway. It was at least cool down here in the shade of the trees, and the scent of damp earth was pleasant.
A mossy boulder nearby caught her eye and she gracefully padded over to it before attempting a dainty leap onto it. A few slips of her paws later she was safely atop it and assessing how much further she had to climb up, either with a vine or branches. Branches... what if they were lain down along the slope..? Giving this some thought, she called up to her rescuer once more. "If a vine isn't long or strong enough, what about some branches scattered along the slope? I may be dainty but I'd hate to have you strain yourself trying to pull me out of this mess I got myself into."

Word Count: 188
Total Personal Word Count: 523

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:48 pm
Shoshan looked thoughtful on her question, knowing the rain that they recently had would definitely add some complications to her climbing out. The vine would not help with the traction, as much as he wished it would be. He had found the rain quite refreshing that had fallen through the leaves, giving them a nice watery sheen. It had been lovely to fall asleep to as well, very comforting to hear its pitter patter against the leaves. It was part of the reason he had decided to venture out today, to see how fresh the grass had been with the rain it had received. He had seen how it had gotten more flowers in the herd going as well, especially in the meadow that the alphas called their own. Anyway, he digressed, he had a maiden in need of rescuing to attend to. It seemed she had been thinking further on the problem and posed a suggestion of her own.

"You are right, there is mud from the rain that might make things a bit difficult. However, I assure you, that I am not going to strain myself to help someone in need. It is quite easy to slide somewhere when the rain's have made the ground wet. I am just used to it, I suppose, or at least enough. I...have an idea, you wait right there. Oh, I suppose you would have to,"he spoke. He pulled his head back, as he did indeed have an idea in mind. He picked up his trusty axe, before going into the woods a bit more. He was going to cut some vines and tree branches, to bring back to the ravine.

It took ten or fifteen minutes, but he soon had gotten some long and sturdy branches. With that he had found the strongest vines he could, probably helped by the rain they had been having. He got to work tying the branches together with the vines, to give a ramp of branches. Then he carefully lowered it down into the ravine, leaving some at the top with himself. Then while keeping a hold of it, he could call down to her.

"This neat incline of branches should give you the traction that you need to make your way back up here. I will keep a hold of it, so it does not slide into the ravine with you,"he explained.

(WC: 400, Total for myself: 1,508 )  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:20 pm
Stifling a laugh at the other Mini's slip, she calmly waited upon her perch. It wouldn't do for a royal to panic, after all. Princess Honeysuckle spent the time waiting for his return contemplating how best to diffuse the ire of her attendants... A truly daunting task. Not to mention facing her parents once they found out of this adventure.
Broken out of her thoughts by the wet clatter of the improvised ramp, she eyed it with uncertainty. "If it's you as the anchor... are you CERTAIN you'll be alright?" She approached it hesitantly, placing one paw on it to test it out before climbing up a bit and pausing to glance up at him. Oh dear... it's occurred to me that I don't know his name to thank him... nor have I told him mine. Once I'm free I shall. She thought. Quickly finishing the ascent, lest the weight put more strain on him than was needed, she nimbly leaped to the side and dipped her head in thanks. "I am Princess Honeysuckle Moonblossom III, and I thank you for your help, kind sir. Might I know your name?"

Word Count: 190
Total Personal Word Count: 713

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:33 pm
Shoshan made a face, one she wouldn't be able to say, as she questioned if he would be alright with holding the incline. He understood she was probably worrying about him, but he was sure that he could handle it. She made sure to position himself again, to take tight hold of the ramp, taking into account how much pressure it would have with her climbing it. He felt a bit of weight, knowing that meant she was starting her ascent, at least he hoped so. So, he would wait here, as she came back up to the lip of the ravine. He would have to remember his manners and inquire of her name when she got here. Also, yes, introduce himself, he was sure his mother would have something to say if he didn't.

Soon enough, it was shown that his ramp had been exactly what he needed as the mare appeared, before jumping off. Before he could even do an introduction, she beat him to the punchline. He listened as she gave her name, a princess, how interesting indeed. Though, it did make him wonder how she had gotten out here by herself, without some kind of guard or something. Maybe she was the kind of princess that didn't need those things, he mused. He gave a soft bow as she thanked him and then went on to ask about his own name.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, your highness. My name is Shoshan, I am part of a herd that lives in the woods not too far from here. It was my honor to help you, I am glad that it worked. Also, if you do not think it rude of me, what brought you out here?"he asked.

(WC: 293, Total for myself: 1,801 )  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:46 pm
"I was looking for some fresh air and needed to take a break from being surrounded all the time- oh dear." Her answer trailed off as she saw a splash of color through the trees not too far away. A color she knew wasn't part of the forest... and was moving... Coming from the direction her herd lived. "I do hope you'll forgive me, but I must depart immediately; seems my attendants have caught up to me. I will be sure to mention you with praise when I return home; I do hope our two herds can become allies, Shoshan!" She called out behind her as she made her leave swiftly. "Please forgive me for leaving so suddenly! You know how attendants can be when their charge wanders off on their own..."

Word Count: 132
Personal Word Count: 845
Finished!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:59 pm
Shoshan supposed with the fresh air being reinvigorated by the recent rains, he could understand wanting to explore. After all, that was why he was out here himself, seeing how the rains had added more life to the area. Also, being a princess, he could imagine she was used to being given little space to move around, if she wasn't an independent princess. Which when she stopped mid sentence and his eyes also noticed some moving colors coming their way, he was ready for trouble. That was until she explained it was her attendants, it seemed they had finally found her. He would have been a little upset by her running off, but at least she apologized. Plus, he supposed if he were in her hooves, he would be eager to get back, before he got scolded too much.

"May we meet again someday and our herds will learn more about one another. Please travel safely and do not worry, I would not want your attendants to worry more than they probably already are,"Shoshan called after her. He watched her disappear into the trees, making sure she got there safely. Then he decided he had been away from his own herd long enough, it was time for him to head back himself. He gave one more glance in the direction she had gone in, before turning in the direction of the herd he belonged to and trotted off. He would enjoy the greenery and water areas on his way. After all, the rain had given him a pleasant walk here and he was sure would do the same on the way home.

(WC: 273, Total for myself: 2,074 )

Done as well smile  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out