Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Milk Tongue (Waru x Aelius) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:22 pm
Text messages that'd led to demands, that'd led to evening outings. Finally settled up on 'Club', and 'I'll be there in twenty', because Waru wanted home turf for first times. He would trade it out for one of Helio's interests another day. Would owe him one, even, for indulging him in this. They could talk, n chill, plus? He could shamelessly eye up the newest addition to the team, one of many of twenty of - a dozen? It'd be interesting to see if he squirmed the same way Faustite had upon being pulled into an unknown element.

Waru'd been utterly spurred on by -- ******** him, but he didn't know what. Some inert need to know Helio better as a person than a Senshi? That seemed important, especially with the exponential growth of bodies and names he felt the need to keep count of, and if he was going to be Eternal within the week then it begged he be on top of s**t. Learn his team as more than faces and names and hints of interests. He hadn't yet learned his lesson from hauling Jada out into the woods like some bedraggled thing that he could heap ghosts of hopes upon. Only knew how to apply all of his past successes and longing to the present people. Maybe he'd get it right eventually? Maybe Helio would be the thing to course correct his need to hunt things that lay firmly in his comfort zone. Maybe...

Albite used his abilities shamelessly, found himself in a stairwell instead of at Helio's front door. ********, Aelius - Aelius - A ....and man that sounded a lot like Alias? Or, more likely he was pronouncing it wrong in his head. Whatever - he'd lock down the saying of it eventually.

Quote:
" Hey A'. I'm in a -- is this a stairwell? Wait, is this even your place? ******** - ping me again prettyboy. I'll be at your door in - soonish? Idduno, minutes from now?"

Furious thumbs and bit lip, a spawn of questionmarks and spiral eyed emojis. Sparkles for effect. He dropped his guise and put his boots to walking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:01 pm
He had planned a quiet evening at the apartment after an exhausting day at a photo shoot and an hour or two of dance afterwards. It was rare he ever planned time for himself to unwind. Normally, he preferred to just keep moving. To never stop. The soul needed time to recoup though and he had reached that point.

Unfortunately, within a series of texts Aelius found his entire evening plans tossed into the garbage. What was supposed to be relaxing was now turned into an evening of clubbing. Gods, what was he getting himself into? Not to mention he was going out with someone he didn’t know beyond what had been shared at the meeting together and what reports Aelius had access to.

He knew he needed to get to know his new teammates, but it was still odd. Being in a team that was. Well, being in a team that seemed to -want- to get to know their members at more than just a base level. It was going to take some adjusting.

So, Aelius stared at his closet with a look of dismay. What did one wear to a club? So far he had assumed jeans were safe but a shirt? He sighed as he looked at the many button downs he owned.

The gentle ding of bell announced another text message. <********.” He cursed softly as he marched out of the apartment and into the tight stairwell where he looked down the spiraling stairs.

His fingers quickly dialed the number that had been incessantly pinging him all day. As Waru answered, Aelius didn’t bother with a greeting. “I am on the third floor.” His voice reverberated in the tall space, likely to reach anyone milling around.

“Shiningamisgirl”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:39 pm
Kolinax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:05 pm
Ghosts? A mimic? Either Waru had an extremely active imagination or the man just liked to hear himself talk. Aelius wasn’t sure yet which it was at that point. He knew from the meeting that Albite was a rather loud fellow. “Anything haunting this place is going to get woken up by your loud voice.” He remarked dryly. It honestly was a miracle no one had come out to tell them to shut the ******** up.

Then Waru deigned to hug him and Aelius didn’t respond with more than taut tense muscles. An awkward attempt wasn’t even made but Waru thankfully didn’t linger in the embrace before pulling away.

“Tired, but fine.” He remarked, turning on heel to walk through the slightly ajar door that lead into his apartment. He waited past the threshold for Waru to follow him in all the while listening to the man going on about dresses. It was easy enough to assume that firebrand was another nickname for Faustite. One, that Aelius found oddly charming and perfectly appointed. “I’ve worn a dress before.” He remarked with a wave of his hand after closing the door behind Waru and moving around the kitchen they walked into to head to the bedroom to the right. “Just probably not the kind you’re thinking of.”

Waru’s attire had been noted. Casual and practically non-existent. Not intending to be flashy or anything like Waru, he grabbed a linen black button down from his closet. Throwing it on he walked out of the bedroom still buttoning it up. “No one knew I was joining up.” Leaving it open from mid chest up he began to work on rolling the sleeves. Thankfully the shirt had been designed to look good not tucked. “I was a surprise.” A small half smile spread at the memory of that day.

Aelius did note how quick Waru was to gossip though. Perhaps he’d actually learn something of importance.

“So where is this club we’re going to?” He questioned as he went for a jacket then realization hit him. He turned and looked at Waru again. The man was wearing practically nothing. Either the cool spring temps meant nothing or…

“Please don’t tell me you teleported into my building.”

“Shiningamisgirl”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:17 pm
If any more loud was forthcoming? It got silenced by Aelius assurance that there could've been something haunting the place. All his little ramblings to come got shoved behind a soft smile and cinched lips while he followed A' dutifully into his place. Legs on automatic while his hampsterwheel of a mind ran circles round the concept of 'dress'. He only knew the one sort, really. Though he imagined anything that had no pants could've been considered a ******** coolots dress? Did something like palazzo pants become dress?

It was a question to ask Cela or Lils at some later date, maybe Jada? *And what about Togas?*

Nope, whatever! It didn't matter so much as the idea of whether or not Aeilus wearing and also probably looking good in one did. The knowledge of which he could now check off as 'has worn' and 'no duh', cause the man that came walking back out of that bedroom would've looked good wearing a literal trashbag, or leopard print, or ******** - nothing at all...

What little there was of the place to catch his attention fell away to the pinpoint of Aelius, a surprise alright, in more ways than one. The sort of thing that could've been said for all his team mates, really. Faustite had expected none of them, and Albite had been more than happy to play the dogged role of 'greetings shepherd' ever since Nembus arrived; dead set in his attempts to ensure everyone was well met and in as good a place as they could have been. He didn't want the endless surprise to become a burden, to deteriorate into neglect, especially as their numbers grew.

"We're going to Lina's place" came automatic, except that wasn't the name of it at all. Not that the name of it had ever really mattered to him, especially not when he could come and go at whim. He was sure he had the address saved under her name in his phone -- somewhere -- or that the 'frequented place' thing most maps did would've clued him in. He totally intended to look even -- hand on his phone and eyes dipping below the very welcoming sightline of buttons half undone.

All that complimented by --

"Hmm?" oh..s**t "S-sure, I didn't teleport into your building." said with all the confidence of a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Except lying wasn't really the best way to start off a potential friendship - soo... "I mean, yanno..if that's what you wanna hear? Cause..Look, if you had any idea how long it took me to get the hang of that particular trick. You'd get it," and now Waru was firmly stuck in the land of giving himself excuses, flimsy as blotting paper. He almost hated that even more. "But! I can absolutely not do that again, if it helps?" it probably didn't, but un-teleporting into Aelius' place of residence was like un-hatching a chicken. That sorta thing just wasn't in the cards for possibilities.

Kolinax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:47 pm
Finger pinched the bridge of his nose at Waru’s clumsy explanation and attempted affirmation of his arrival procedure. “Look…” Aelius started with a sigh as he dropped his hand, golden eyes focused on Waru. “I don’t care if you teleport near to here, but I’ve been trying to keep this apartment off of the radar. Not to mention there are several people who live in this building and any of them could have been there when you arrived. Seeing a man, a senshi none-the-less appear out of no where would just make make an absolute mess. So, yes, don’t do it again.” He paused. Realizing his manners… “Please.”

He grabbed his coat, a simple leather piece that he didn’t bother zipping closed after he shrugged it on. “So, if you were intending on teleporting there, we will be walking a block or two away. Though honestly, since I don’t know where this place is, you’ll have to either assist me, we figure out a location near it that we both know, or I’ll get us an Uber.”

Honestly, he hoped for the latter. It seemed foolish to waste energy on teleporting for something so trivial. Of course, it appeared that Waru didn’t find it so, considering his lack of foresight to the issues his sudden appearance in Aelius’s apartment could have caused.

“Shinigamisgirl”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:35 pm
Waru blinked, long, slow little flashes of curiosity, and slightest furrow of his brow. The waiting pause of a man expecting another shoe to drop. As if the follow up could've been 'so? - and?' - while Aeilus wove him a blurry little word puzzle of reasons. He just didn't get the 'why' of it was all. Still...If it was what Aelius wanted? What did it hurt him to nod, oblige, and accept that some people had things about shoes in houses, or guests having separate linens, or... If A' had issues about Senshi's in stairwells - or was it auras? Whatever...Waru would take them as house rules that he could honor easily enough.

"You're kinda fussy huh, A?" and it was cute - the logic minded types who thought about the ins and outs of consequences. Aeilus was being careful, but why? Aeilus cared enough that he worried about his neighbors, friends, enemies, a guy trying to be all sorts of unassuming maybe...

Or maybe he just didn't like surprises? A lot of people didn't like that, the same kinda people who needed Waru to knock before he entered doors, and set up appointments instead of just stepping through one space and into theirs. Coulda been a privacy thing as much as a careful thing, insofar as he was aware.

"S'okay, I solemnly swear -- no more surprise pop-in's. Only back alleys, rooftops and blocks away kinda s**t. I'll even text you first -- or -- I should ask how you feel about knocking? But I bet you knock on doors." and Waru nodded like some great mystery had been resolved, like he had an answer to a nebulous unasked thing and was proud of himself for it; and straight back into his phone, because if Aelius wanted to Uber instead of bamph around?

No, if it would've made Aeilus more comfortable? That seemed like a good idea. Something to soften the blow of utter chaos, loud music, and people so opposite the well spoken, pressed, clean piece of pretty that stood before him. Then he was willing to do it -

"Dunno how long it's been since you've been in the city proper..or..if you ever left? I mean, I don't really know anything about you, but!! I took Eion here before..." sidled up to scroll through his phone so A' could easily view what was there. An endless stream of pictures that told a years worth of stories, some of them he'd get to after, later, because there was one he wanted in particular and the location his phone'd automatically pinned to it - a little sideroad less than a block away. Full of green, ivy and ivory that clung around brickwork; the government trying to reclaim the deeper parts of the city into 'a wholesome space', at speed and with a vengeance. As if it'd hide the purple strobe down a back alley just out of view, or obscure the fire-framed graffiti that peeked through no matter how many times it was maliciously done over in 'family friendly colors'.

His purpose was getting the fountain in frame - but in particular? Getting a candid image of Eion leaned against it. All black lace and spiked collars. Water at his back, suffering sexily - makeup, face jewels, and heels that accentuated the ensemble as a whole. That Waru had stolen more pictures later into the evening. Ones that held his boys perfect frown....

"Here, it's down Cypress Street, but you can't pull up to it directly? The club, that is. It's all hideaway, n down a stairwell that's down an alley and around the corner from that. We can pull up to the street near the fountain though, if you wanna call an Uber?" all smiles as he let the image linger on his screen.

Whatever extra time it would've taken for a ride to get there, it wasn't like Waru would've minded. The point of getting to know Aeilus far more important than the how or where of it all.

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:10 am
Gods damned this man and his train of thinking. It was obvious Waru -did- think about what he was doing, but the exact direction that the thoughts came form seemed to be every which direction. Add onto the fact that words sputtered from the man’s mouth probably as quickly as his mind raced and it left Aelius seriously wondering what he was getting himself into having agreed to the nights events. Then again, the more he thought about it, he honestly wasn’t sure if the choice would have been his either way. There was the distinct feeling that Waru would have pushed himself on Aelius in one way or another. Aelius wasn’t sure if was pure determination or the lack with-all to realize that other people needed their space.

“I am not fussy.” He remarked dryly. “I am just aware of the fact that aura’s can be damning if anyone catches on to any sort of pattern.” Fingers brushed into the crown of his hair as he fluffed the purple locks out and over the collar of his coat. “Last thing I need is to be taken by surprise while not powered up.” He continued cooly.

“I honestly could care less about texts and whatever. Just don’t pop onto my door step unless it’s an emergency. That’s all I ask.” He sighed as he grabbed his phone that had been deposited on the kitchen counter when he had walked back in with Waru in tow.

As Waru drew close, Aelius’s attention drifted from the man to the device he held poised for inspection. Images slipped past as nimble fingers quickly sorted through the collage of photos. The photo Waru stopped on was decently framed with mountains and water, but it was the subject of the photo that truly called Aelius’s attention. Since his corruption he had never seen Elon bedecked in such attire. The slender frame was well suited to the clothing and the make-up only enhanced the angular cheekbones and jaw. It seemed forever ago since Aelius had laid eyes on that face.

A smile crept along his face as he soaked it all in.

“Cypress street?” He pulled his attention back as he thought where that wwas at, brow wrinkling. “It’s vaguely familiar. But that shouldn’t be too hard to get arranged.” Having a street name would at least make it easier to set up an Uber. He wasted no time in setting up the appointment, choosing to have them dropped off at a location a street over from Cypress at a gas station. It probably would look shaded to the driver if they weren’t aware of the club that Waru was dragging him to.

“It looked like Elon enjoyed himself.” He remarked casually as he tucked the phone into his back pocket.

“Our ride will be here in about 5 minutes so let’s head down. It’s a blue Toyota Camry.” He remarked as he grabbed his keys.

His eyes drifted back to Waru as he reached for the door. As appealing as the other young man looked being dressed in almost nothing, there was worry about the current temperature. “Are you sure you don’t want something else to throw on while we head to the club?” Vaguely he wondered if Waru was a frequent gym goer or if he owned his own home gym. It was a toss up really and likely came down to the available space of wherever Waru resided.

“shiningamisgirl”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:03 am
Should he have promised not to jump him while he was unpowered also? The sheer wonderment at how many times Aelius had been caught unawares by — what? Friends, enemies? People popping into stairwells — it all sounded like sneaky things and Waru knew he was only ever the most obvious thing in a room!

“Fine, ‘not-fussy’ -“ all tease as he settled in slotting A’ into the category of pretty and prepared. Thought the guy woulda probably gotten on like an ace of spades in a royal flush with Emmy, because she was such a whip-smart sweetheart. He needed to make sure those two hung out together sometime. “- just a smart guy with good taste, then?”

Had to have had good taste, if the smile on his face was any indication. It was nice to have any number of people to agree on things with. Especially at Ei's expense. If only gently so.

“I like to think he did. I got his dimensions, gave 'em to my girl. Worked up this whole spiel to get him into it - like - the outfit had a matching handbag n everything! The shoes were divine..his hair is different now when he pulls himself on, but I still love it.” How long it’d taken him to notice the shift in Eions looks? Probably the same amount of time it’d taken him to piece together the boy from his scars. There was something about surviving true death that’d changed Ei as a whole maybe?

“Though, t’be fair? I’d love him in anything.” a soft snort as he wound round after A's path towards the door - imagining Ei' dressed in only a sneer and the remains of his enemies, dirtied in Rift dust, as a mind whispering atronach all caught aflame.

Eion had a lot of looks to love.

A good boss and good friend and — Waru was sliding the phone away, had half a mind to spend the whole of the car ride going over people and pictures he had with them. Team mates or otherwise. Five minutes wasn’t long, and the destination probably wasn’t too far; even it wasn’t nearly as fast as being instantaneously shunted through space and time. All things to consider as he was heading out the door and beckoning Aelius along with a shake of his head and a lopsided grin.

Wh-nah, I’m good. See, I promised this really sweet swan that I met - we’re ‘albi-twins’ by the way - that come winter if I was still mostly shirtless n ******** cold? That I’d owe her — something? I don’t even remember, but I’m determined to build a tolerance to it now. I mean I'll still owe her, since winter's passed and I failed, but it’s the challenge of it, yanno?”

Snow did not, sadly, melt the ******** off his chest. No matter how hard he ran or willed it to be so. He owed Albiero a piggyback ride all across her world; or at least a letter telling her she was right. Maybe he’d include some of axinites cookies? Those always went over well with everybody!

His thoughts were hummingbirds, flitting things, his gaze strayed to make sure A' locked up, followed, he took the stairs like hopscotch, one or two at a time - opting for whichever was the fastest way down to curbside. For which spotting the car became a side-quest with 'destination' the ultimate goal, then a blurr of aimless chatting with the Driver of all things, because the silence was an endless void to be filled with bullshit like the weather and areas in DC and...He almost didn't realize they were there until they were pulling up across the street, and he realized he standing underneath the neon buzz of castoff lights from the gas station holding open the purple haired mans door...or was it more indigo? Violet....

"Hey Aelius, what color is your hair anyhow?" far left field and not even the first question he wanted to ask that night, but it was something! Definitely a good start.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:20 pm
The tone of voice and the way Waru spoke about Eion spoke for themselves. There was something going on there and Aelius couldn't help wondering if it was one-sided or not. A small twinge of jealously spiked in Aelius's chest. He quietly huffed at himself for the stupidity of the emotion as he locked up the apartment behind Waru and himself. He had no reason to feel jealous of anyone or anything when it came to Faustite considering their time a part; Even if that time a part didn't appear to have killed emotions he thought long dead.

"A swan? Oh..." He connected it as Waru mentioned albi-twins. Most likely another corrupt. Now whether swan meant her sphere or some other pet name, Aelius wasn't sure and honestly he wasn't keen to ask at that moment and spure on more of an explanation. "Good for her for winning that bet." He remarked with a grin. "Hopefully she doesn't rub it in your face too much."

Waru was an endless talk box. The man seemed to be intolerant of silence. Not a single beat was missed as Waru talked Aelius's ear off and then the poor drivers. Aelius made a point to tip the driver a little extra for the sheer amount of talking that Waru did and needed in return. Aelius had been more than happy to let the driver take the brunt of it as they relaxed in the back seat.

It almost felt too soon when they arrived at their destination. It was a surprise though to find Waru holding the door for him to get out. He offered the man a smile as he slipped out. The abrupt question got a blank stare for a moment before Aelius caught himself. "Well, my mother always called it imperial purple." A slight blush crossed his face as he realized he had mentioned his mother to Waru. Clearing his throat he stepped away from the car. "Though honestly I've always thought of it somewhere between Imperial and Luxury purple."

He smirked. "A bit random of a question, no?"

Once the two young men were clear of the car, the uber left them standing at the gas station. Aelius eye'd Waru and shrugged a bit further into his jacket. As easy on the eyes as Waru was, seeing the man stand there in practically nothing caused a chill to run up Aelius's back. He never liked the cold and his time in England hadn't done anything to fix that either. Honestly, he'd be much happier if he was much, much closer to the equator. "I don't know how you deal with this cold. Bet or not."

"So, this club. What's it like? How did you learn about it?" If the place was difficult to find, at least via google maps or uber, he was curious how someone found out about the place beyond word of mouth. Unless that was exactly how the place worked. If that was the case, Waru was the perfect person to help spread the word about it.

shiningamisgirl

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:29 am
His smile held something like self confirmation, a spark of *awh*. Waru realized he really did have a type, then. As if gravitating towards the likes of Ren, Eion, and Aqua -- to the likes of Fafnir, with his high brows and higher ceilings -- hadn't already done it. He was a poor man with rich tastes in people. He adored the mannerisms of the penthouse inclined; whether or not they had the pocket linings to manage maintaining the image of it. Though maybe Aelius had the money to match?

It was a thought...

Sweet and sparkly bit of thing - like how Aeilus must've been loved, to have the very concept of worth set in his genes, root to royal tip.

"I'm a bit random. If I start making sense? That's when we all need to worry...The cold though! S'easy, ya smile at it till it goes away, or?" Caught the blush on the boy and slung his arm over A's shoulder with all the casualty of familiarity they hadn't yet gained. The way he handled everybody. Especially since cold was cold and closeness made sense when dealing with it? "Grab a friend." If that made it easier to lead A' along, to sidestep the obvious walkway and slip down an alley that abruptly ended in steps leading down. Jagged sloughed thing all mottled grays and brass bars jutting from concrete - smashed messily against cloistered brickwork.

"I do odd jobs here sometimes, bouncer, barkeep...the guy who stares meanly at people holed up in a backroom?" wistful tones and purr for being paid to do little more than exist excitably in peoples presence. If he could be useful simply by being himself? Wasn't that the best thing. "I was a ******** brat though, like, a few years back - as a teen? I got into s**t at every turn - trawled alleys just for fun - met my girl, Lina. Older, wiser, drop dead gorgeous. Ohgod, I was stupid for her." and she would've been the girl he'd have offered a ring to not so long ago, when edge meant more than happiness and his hindbrain was so easily noosed by the barest bit of kindness - no matter how damningly cloying.

"We take care of each other...yanno? But! The place...it's nice. If you want the warehouse parties off the dead construction zones, but controlled? With all the proper amenities. Like brand name booze and brand-name bands?" Waru wasn't sure how to explain it exactly. Tried to imagine the city of Zion from the matrix, if it was owned by Nike. Heh, if ever a place could've found a way to sell dirt and exclusivity, but at stadium prices? This place was it. "S'ah thing people pay for. All the look n' feel of 'danger', but with built in safety nets. So it's not an everybody place, or an everybody thing. They do niche stuff on different nights n get a paying crowd for that." and the stage had been...a stripper pole...a shallow pool...some grunge band he couldn't remember the name for, but they had a penchant for pyrotechnics and mosh pits. If he remembered right they'd brought, honest to ******** gods, 'clean mud', whatever the hell that equated to after one threw a mess of twenty plus screaming, thrashing souls into the middle of it.

"M'not throwing you to the wolves tonight though A', I think it's something a tad more tame." a blaze of purple that peeked down a graffiti laden twist of the jagged bend. The neon screamed against the backdrop, struck shadows that loomed up, like one'd stepped down into the third level of a parking garage - sky above of building walls and supporting columns.

The slit in the iron-wrought studded door slid open upon their approach. Like a scene from an old speak-easy, bleary red-washed eyes peeked out, some deep bass grunted assent that became the throwing of heavy latches which clearly needed grease.

Behind the door was a wall of a man, who edged carefully into a carved out alcove made for sitting between bouts of checking the door at a choke point. Waru nudged A' along, bade him in past black velvet walls, marbled dark tile. Who knew what any of it would've looked like with the lights on - everything was pinned in movie-walkway landing-light strips - a door that led to a door - and the bass beyond was muffled; but the feel of it.

"No wolves at all. Unless you count me."

The flat of his palm found the center of A's shoulder blades, and gave a very encouraging nudge.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:22 am
The closeness of Waru was unexpected and tho be honest, his first intention was to slip out of the man's grip, but Aelius couldn't argue that the warmth of the other's body so close certainly helped with the chill of the day. "I honestly hate the cold." He remarked as they made their way to the club, Waru guiding him along. "The thought of 'getting used to it' seems absolutely miserable and a waste of effort." Aelius scoffed softly.

They came upon a set of stairs and Waru led them down with familiar ease. As they neared the entrance, Aelius slipped out from the other's arm as curiosity peaked. "So, are you a man of odd jobs or do you hold a steady job somewhere?" To be truthful, holding a steady job and keeping up with the life of a corrupt certainly wasn't the easiest of positions. Aelius wouldn't fault Waru for jumping around and doing what he could to make money here and there. Unfortunately, that unknowing of one's income didn't sit well with Aelius. His own current financial situation, though steady at the moment, was always at jeopardy of being ripped away from him.

"I can't say I've ever looked for a warehouse party before." The darkness of the building as they finally stepped inside was stark to the brightness of the outside. From what Aelius could tell as his eyes struggled to adjust was the place at least had the air of someplace more upscale and to his taste. Funny how even being poor and struggling he still found himself naturally pulled toward the finer things in life.

"Niche?" He questioned with a raised brow as he glanced at Waru. What the hell kind of niche could the place do. It was a club, right? People came to dance, hang out, and probably do drugs or something. At least, that was always the impression he got from them, and honestly never had an interest or the time to seek one out to find out.

The sound of the music...the bass, rattled in Aelius's chest. This he had experienced before, but not quite at such an intense level. The music was completely muffled by the door along with the sound of the bass. He hesitated there. Not sure if he was really ready for the onslaught of sensory triggers that he knew were going to be beyond the second door.

Waru's firm hand pushed him past that heistancy. He stumbled a bit at the budge but gathered himself. Taking a breath that was maybe abit overdramatic for the situation he pulled open the door and was greeted by an atmosphere he could have never truly imagined himself.

It was the bass and music that first hit him. The lighting was still dark and gave the place an alluring vibe. There was a stage that held a prominent spot. To Aelius's trained eyes it appeared to have no expense lost on the light rigging for it either. Not a spot on it would be dark and the lights themselves looked set-up for some of the better tech out there. Impressive.

A large dancefloor was inhabited by a multitude of bodies but it was the bar that the young man gravitated to. It was an anchor he could attach himself to as he waded through the sensory overload of the place. Not to mention having a drink would help calm his nerves.

Thankfully the bartender was on top of his game and quickly slid over to them. Blonde hair, slight of build, but decked out in bright eyeshadows and eyeliner said this man was quite comfortable in this atmosphere. Aelius offered a charming smile as old habits slipped into place. "Rum and coke. Make it a double." He glanced over at Waru to see if the other was interested in a drink. Did Waru find it comfortable to drink in a place he worked?

Ha! Who was Aelius kidding? Waru came across as the exact type of man who could really care less what others would consider proper work etiquette.

When the bartender left with the order, Aelius leaned against the bar, facing Waru. "So I have to ask. Why do you call me A?"

shiningamisgirl

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:54 am
"Someon'es thirsty.." all playful tease and hungry eyes for A's 'Sexy suffrage' - it was a whole damn look, and in his opinion? Aelius wore it fairly well. Waru, ever advantageous admirer of peoples features. The type that could've stared at a flower all day n' played with it's texture as easily as a person. He watched, the gasp and settle, the call for a familiar drink. He offered a wide smile for A's peek his way, and ordered something with prickly pear and tequila - umbrellas and sugar on the rim instead of salt. Utter inanity, but all his.

"Odd jobs are easiest for me. N' I'll find a better nickname soon...promise." People weren't always their names and names weren't always people? How many did one have in a lifetime, familial, friendly, Professional AA Grade 'this is my government piece of identification spell it right' type s**t. Waru played with names like food, pretended they all had tastes to them, found it curious, time and again - how many flavors different people had. Especially in the negaverse. Where one was mineral, stardust, rift debris - A Person - A title - and sometimes? None of the above. How many people did they build out of absolutely nothing, out of sides switched and identities run through shredders turned out into paper-machet piñata models meant to hold whole a** human beings.

"See, Waru isn't even a proper ******** thing in my mothers language. I think it means something in Japanese, maybe? Whatever, I say it short to make it easy, to make it fun....but nicknames? That implies knowing someone enough to give them one. N' Aeilus -- if you're on my team? If you willingly walked into an office on fire n' said 'sign me the hell up!'. Then I wanna know you." Aeilus deserved a nickname, and knowing, and friendship - surely as he deserved a night out and a good time.

The wash of base made him shiver pleasantly, the temp a few ticks warmer than the cold outside, by bodies, by a well watched thermostat and a loving manager who liked rings and chains of brass instead of silver or gold. It made it all the more easy to settle in and meet A's eyes.

"So - you've a mother, you're a treasure. Why our Firebrand though? We get those who're shunted into place, like Nemb's was -- but word from Lil's, is that you came in like an old friend?" the tiny umbrella quickly became a toy for him to fidget with on the bartop, something to play with between sips of a drink -healthily full of agave - just the way he liked it.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:53 pm
The booming of the music and bass made certain their conversation, while partially shouted, likely wasn’t overheard by anyone. A quick glance around it it was apparent that people didn’t seem to really give a s**t about what was going on around them. They were too engrossed in themselves, the music or partners. It was odd knowing you had privacy while standing in a public location where theoretically anyone could walk up on you and listen in. Thankfully, the bar wasn’t a** to d**k with people so they had a bit of room to enjoy themselves.

Still, Aelius;s eyes roamed to the corners and alcoves that appeared to give even more privacy to those who occupied them. Unfortunately each one appeared currently busy. In more ways than one by the look of it.

He paused and turned to Waru at the mention of his name before snorting in amusement. “Ah. Ok, now I know why you call me A for now.
“ He couldn’t help the amusement at Waru’s expense. “So, it’s pronounced el-EE-us. Ignore the A.”

The arrival of their drinks was greatly appreciated and the purple-haired man wasted no time in giving it a quick stir with the black stir-straw it came with and taking a good gulp from it. The chosen rum had to be a house one, but thankfully wasn’t battery-acid awful.

“I honestly can’t tell you what my name even means.” He said with a wave of of free hand, the other held his drink as he leaned against the bar in an attempt to appear comfortable. “But I appreciate the sentiment.” It was true. Despite how…overbearing Waru was, it was becoming very obvious the man had a good heart. “I’’ve never been one to give out nicknames. So I can’t really return the favor, but maybe one day that’ll change.” Etiquette had never really allowed him to make nick-names plus, he just never felt creative enough in that sense to offer anything that felt remotely right. Instead, he showed his love for friends and family in other ways.

Aelius took another drink of his rum and coke, eyes watching Waru as the man appeared to focus in on the sounds around them. The music perhaps, or just the whole atmosphere of the place. Either way, it was very apparent how the other man felt truely in the club. This was a place that felt like a home to Waru and Aelius could understand that in his soul. And when Waru’s eyes met his own, Aelius held them with a knowing smile.

And then the mood shifted a bit at the next question. Aelius shifted his gaze to his drink. “Had.” He said, eyes not lifting from the dark, slightly fizzing liquid in his glass. “I was corrupted several years ago. Lost everything and it was Faustite who was my direct superior underneath General Schorl.”

He sighed. This was a subject he hadn’t talked about to anyone. “We went through a lot together.” And honestly were terrible and good for each other in many ways. “When I came back to Destiny City it only made sense that I join back up with him.” Eyes shifted from the drink back to Waru. “I hadn’t expected to find such a large team underneath him. To be honest, from what I can see, yo u’ve all been good for him.”

“So, how about you? What caused you to follow our illustrious leader?” Another gulp of his drink. He eyed it, noting he was more than halfway through he double already.

“shiningamisgirl”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:34 pm
"Oh, ohman. I-uh..." there was an absolute *look* for that -- long -- slow. The briefest hint of blush that graced dark cheekbones, before all his open mouthed gaping bled into a snicker; utterly bemused with himself. Because, well, ********>, at least he hadn't pronounced it eeluss either!

Any attempts his mouth wanted to have at making more sounds, at giving a proper nom de guerre to a man that surely deserved one? Waru aborted in favor of sipping his drink and shutting the hell up long enough to listen properly. Hummed an ascension low over the backbeat that scattered molecules of air enough to cast a pleasant thrum into the space.

The naming of Schorl, and his soft smile gained an edge, some tight lined thing that nested in the corners of his eyes for her mention. The shift of strobe from beyond their spot could've lent it menace; could've been a trick of the glow cast from the stage -- or the way the small host of masses shifted with the tone of a changed track -- "That is a hell of a history, specially if it's got her in the mix? Ohshit, I wanna - just - if I could pry for all the stuff from before our boy went full bonfire?" if anything he sounded glad; all twined with curiosity and relief.

Helio -- Aeilus? Must've been good people. He'd survived encounter one, and there wasn't a heap of ashes or crying mess of Fireboy to clean from the office after. All good signs!

"S'probably private though..." and he wouldn't pry, or spend the night chewing glass over the idea of that b***h having likely run ruin through more lives. All the things he owed her existence, that he'd have given up to have her throat between his teeth. "Me? You're kidding, yeah? He's just -- he's on fire, to start, and a youma, for second and --- To be fair I bribed him with, like, the best cookies I've ever had in my entire life, but that was after we spent a whole summer running 'jobs' together. I can't believe it's been almost a year now..." wistful over burn, childlike glee laced between sipped sighs and sucking pink sugar off an iced rim.

"....Idunno if we're good for him, or if he's just finally being better to himself? It's been, a lot. You'd get that though, wouldn't you? Better 'n me, even." he wouldn't've traded it for anything though. Not one single burning moment and panicked scrape for survival. Not all the wisp-bets or 'hide the body' museum runs gone wrong. "Means you're an even more perfect fit. Can't be all new n flashfire, not when the people who knew *him* are so damn few...Kama, maybe? Our Ax-brand Biggest boss." If there were more people? They'd gone unmentioned, unseen, lay as ghosts between their General as he was and the boy he'd been before. Between the man now and then. Sometimes Waru got ideas of them - shapes of dead through the frosted glass of Eion's hesitancy; all the human things that tripped him up endlessly when they weren't directly 'boy shaped' problems with easy answers. N even getting to have him through that had been a thing to work for.

Kolina

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces