Submit

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:09 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
The prompt is a bit more open ended. Spring is usually teaming with life, and with the warming weather, soquili tend to be stirring. Some are eager to make new friends and explore the land; others still are on the hunt for something more significant, like a mate. Winter hasn't left completely, but there's warmth on the wind, and flowers starting to bloom.

How does your soquili feel about spring? Are they eager to seek out greener pastures or looking for friends? Are they hoping to find a mate and be struck by Cupid's arrow? Or maybe they just want everyone to get off their lawn and leave them alone. After such a long winter, it seems many creatures, great and small, are here to enjoy the break from the cold. How does your Soquili or Familiar fare?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 am
Peony loved the spring.

It was a time when the flowers were awakening from their slumbers, the sun was rising higher in the sky, kissing the land with its warmth and the critters awakened to start new journeys. The pink mare's claws were absolutely itching to move during this time, she felt just as alive as the rest of the land seemed to be feeling. An extra spring (pun intended) was in her step as she hummed a soft song to herself.

What bit of snow remained served as fun bits of crunch, hearing it beneath her claws as she danced, her body moving with an invisible tune only she herself seemed to hear. She laughed, kicking up bits of powdery flakes, watching them take to the sky only to fall back to the ground and begin to slowly melt. "The land thanks you for quenching it's thirst." she said softly, leaning down to boop her nose into the snow before giggling and moving off once more.

She paused only at a field of flowers, freshly awoken and blooming, buds pointed high towards the sky as their petals began to unfold. Her smile grew brighter as she gently danced into the flowers, her mane flowing around her gracefully with each step she made. Her sash and feathers ruffled with the wind, almost adding to her dance. If she had wings she'd have them flaring in and out with her movements, akin to a human gesturing and posing with their arms or hands.

Peony soon found herself in the middle of the field, coming to a slow stop among the pink and white petals, leaning down to gently smell a couple, speaking to them softly. "Hello little friends. Welcome to another year." she smiled, lifting her head to the sky and taking a moment to soak in the sun's warmth herself.

Word Count: 310

FrostyPeaches

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:38 am
Lysanth flexed her wings and her neck as she prepared to leave her hiding spot. She could clearly hear that some of the birds have migrated back and the squeaks of small creatures were heard almost everywhere.

Spring. Renewal of life. Which meant abundance of food.

The snowstorm blocked her from traveling back to her home base and forced her to take shelter behind the frozen waterfall since it hit. Retracting her wings and folding them down neatly against her body as she could, she stood on both her hind legs and kicked the s**t out of the half semi melted ice-like fencing with her front claws. Ice chunks shattered and the wall crumbled under her force. SHE WAS HUNGRY FOR FOOD. Jumping over the pummeled down barrier, she flexed her wings out and flew into the air and landed on top of a massive moss covered dead tree trunk. "I'm hungry," she said as she hunted, "back home I would be eating by now..."

Stomping down on the bark, she cracked the wet wood into bits and started to dig around the insides. Dipping her head into the opening, she bit into a slimy grubby worm and slurped it all in one go into her mouth. All the spiders that had hid inside ran away as fast as they could as they sensed her presence. "Come on let me eat!" She smashed the trunk again with her claws and found another worm. "This won't do. I need something, bigger...."

It was at that point that she heard a voice nearby.

Almost instantly, Lysanth took flight and flew straight toward the area where the pink lady was having fun in the sun. Is that a rabbit? she wondered, hm, maybe a bear? Their sizing seemed to get bigger as she flew closer.

[ 302 words ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:45 am
Peony was otherwise unaware of an approaching figure and simply remained as she was, head towards the sky, soaking in the warmth. She had grazed lightly before her journey and so wasn't hungry yet, instead she let her claws slide easily in and out of the blades of grass beneath her, enjoying how cool they felt still slightly covered in dew from the melting snow. "Such a wonderful and lovely feeling." she mused softly, the unheard music yet again taking control of her as she swayed about, skipping almost foal like in a circle, though ever so careful not to crush any of the flowers as she went.

She had paused again, mind made up to spend some time here and was about to lower herself to the ground when she had heard the distant sound of wings flapping. A smile spread across her muzzle yet again, eyes cast towards the sky. "I hear bird friends taking wing?!" she said excitedly, scanning the sky for any feathered figures, however she didn't spot any. As she swiveled her ears to try and find the source of the sound she now recognized two sets of wings rather than one. "Multiples?" she questioned, still not seeing the source of the sound.

She spun herself in another stationary circle until she managed to spot the source, a figure growing larger by the second. "Oh, a large pair of birds.....or....just one....?" she blinked until her eyes went wide, realizing that wasn't a pair of birds. It wasn't even a singular bird at all, but instead, another soquili, coming in fast. "Oh goodness! Oh no the flowers! Please... slow down!" she cried out, beginning to slightly panic now.

word count: 282  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:57 am
As she soared through the air, she could feel the warmth of the sun shining on her. But once she got closer, she noticed that the creature in front of her was not a bear at all, nor a rabbit, but it was almost just like her? Except she had tiny wings and beautiful long hair. Lysanth huffed and puffed up her face as she tried to contain her jealousy. She didn't need trinkets to make herself look good. How...annoying...

The last thing she heard was 'slow down' from the lady in front of her. So she did. Almost gracefully, she let herself glide down from the sky and land just in front of another soquili species she had not seen before. Keeping all of her wings spread out to make herself look bigger, she checked out Peony. Can she fight? Is she a threat? Why is that lock of hair so long and beautiful?

Rubbing one wing against the other, Lysanth didn't know what to say and just stood there staring at her as her stomach growled loudly.

[ 179 words ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:04 am
The mare that now landed before her was absolutely glorious and oh, those wings! Not two but four! Peony found herself struggling with her own pang of jealousy as she eyed every feather of this other mare's delicate and gorgeous wing span. Not to mention the other's mane, and tail, long and luxurious, more so than her own, especially the tail. Peony kept her's in a bun beneath her sash as when she was a foal she often tripped over it, but it never grew with her and sometimes she found herself jealous of other's.

But she could hardly think of that as this mare seemed to take her breath away just by existing. "Oh my.... you are so gorgeous." she about whispered, feeling her words catch in her throat as she tried to speak. She shook her head and cleared her mind, hoping the other would say something, anything, but she didn't. Was she upset? "Did I upset you? Are you alright?" Peony asked, now perhaps concerned the other mare was injured.

In a very dance like motion she began to slowly step around the other mare, inspecting for any kinds of wounds. "I don't see any cuts." she said with a soft sigh, relieved for that much at least. Maybe the other had only just awoken from being holed up from that winter storm? "Um..... if you need food there is a fruit tree just over there....otherwise.... my name is Peony! It's lovely to meet you." she said, hoping to open the other up and...perhaps make a new friend?

word count: 261  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:16 am
Oh sh--t, she's talking to me! Lysanth had a mini panic but hid it behind her straight face, but covered her head with all of her wings just for a short moment just in case she got found out that her face is flushed. Peeking an eye out as she lifted one wing up, she kept staring at Peony as she danced around her.

What is she doing? "What are you doing?" She demanded, and lowered two sets of her wings down. The last pair still shielding her own face. I have seen these battle moves before in my tribe..I could easily pounce and attack her.. but her stomach growled once more and the other mare just knew the right thing to say at the right time. "Ok let's go eat. I'm hungry. But, you're not getting away. I'm watching you. I'll track you down."

She felt brave enough and touched Peony's wing with one of her own...She did not understand as she traced over the feathers. Her wings..were tied to a sash? "What is this...Peony? Your wings...did someone break them off?" Lysanth became a little sad at the thought of the mare having lost her wings, even if it was their first time meeting each other.

[ 207 words ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:25 pm
"I was making sure you weren't hurt!" she nodded, returning back to in front of the other mare, flicking her head for her to follow.

Track her down? Peony looked worried a moment before the other touched her feathered sash curiously. The question confused her at first but then caused her to laugh, her laugh in and of itself sounding like a song. "Oh no I don't have wings!" she chuckled, shifting her shoulders to shuffle the sash, letting the other mare see how it moved with her. "These are just decorations. My mother gave them to me. And to my brother she gave a beautiful shawl and jewels. We adore things that flow with us as we dance and perform." she nodded, motioning for the other mare to continue to follow her towards the fruit tree.

It wasn't far off but it would take a few minutes of walking, especially if they went slow. Though the sound of the other's stomach made Peony at least pick up her claws ever so slightly faster than normal, still a bouncing spring in her step. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as they went, her hum returning to her throat, not even pausing to think if the other mare minded or not.

Word count: 215  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:52 pm
Good good that was a cue to follow. Sniffing the air hoping to pick up a fruity scent as she trailed after her, Lysanth spread all of her wings out of excitement. She gave a content smile back at the pink mare when she was told that someone actually took time to see if she was alright. "I don't know why i took orders from a small fry like you, but i slowed down when you told me to. So I landed quietly without making a scene..."

Flapping her wings playfully, Lysanth proceeded to touch Peony's long beautiful hair with one wing and tapped on her hairpiece with another. "How can you look so pretty without adding any trinkets to make yourself more charming?" she asked while containing her jealousy with another question. "Was that a mating dance earlier or was that your battle pose you greeted me with?" The sash she shifted around for her to see was as beautiful as her smiling face in the bright sun. and...wait a minute. was she humming a tune without permission?

Her eyes kept staring at Peony as she followed along. By now Lysanth had witnessed so many things in such little time upon running into this mare. Regardless if they were battle tactics or dancing moves, she wanted to learn them to her own advantage. She still wants others to respect her in a higher manner within her own flock. She wants to be part of the elite. She wants to befriend Peony, now.

Before Peony could answer any of her questions, Lysanth pounced at her without warning - and hoped that her own weight would pin the pink mare down. "Let's be friends!" A couple of feathers became lose as she flapped her wings still in excitement. A clawed foot pressed against Peony's chest. "My name is Lysanth!" Her face was just an inch away from the mare, and another rumble in her stomach was heard. This time a little louder than before.

[ 332 words ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:27 pm
Peony laughed again, this other mare seemed so primitive yet so silly and she couldn't find herself feeling upset at the confusion or questions. They only made her smile more. "Battle? Mating?! Oh no no no! I just love dancing. I can feel the music of the earth when I move and can't help but move with it. " she chuckled again, bouncing a bit in her step as she went.

Or at least she had been before the other mare threw herself upon Peony and pressed her into the ground, rolling her over to pin a claw at her chest. At first Peony's eyes were wide and her heart was racing. She was afraid she had possibly been played and was about to become a meal for the other when the four winged mare simply introduced herself and demanded to be friends.

It caught Peony off guard and she had to take a moment to take a few deep breaths, the scent of the blooming flowers stronger now that she was level with them. "Oh.....ah.... Lysanth.... such a beautiful name." she said nervously with a half laugh. She tried to move but couldn't and resigned herself to just laying there, smiling upwards at the other mare. It was clear who was the more powerful one here, not that Peony had ever intended to prove strength and prowess. "I can be your friend. But you didn't have to pounce me for that silly. You just had to ask!" she laughed. If she were a dog she might have been wagging her tail happily despite her current situation.

"Also, the tree is just there, if you still need food." she said again, tipping her head back against the grass to point at it with her nose.

Word Count: 294  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:51 pm
"Dancing?" Being well aware of that term. "They do that back at our tribe," she said, "but luckily, I was not one of them. I was not the one they wanted to see perform. I had a chance to survive besides dancing to live on. I took the risk of being a hunter, sometimes i patrol the borders to keep unwanted guests away. whatever they needed, I would offer my service, for a small price..."

She wiped the muddy patch of snow off of Peony's face with the flat surface of her paw, claws tucked in not daring to lay a scratch on her. Killing Peony would supply Lysanth days worth of sustenance but she looked so small pinned down underneath her that the harpy just can't do it... "I... don't have friends outside of my tribe. I had two a long time ago when I was young...but.. they're probably murdered or threatened to never see me again... "

Nudging the mare to get back up with the flat part of her nose, the memories of her childhood was nothing but a blur by now. "You're the first one in a while that caught my attention without me wanting to attack you." Feathers ruffled around her as she backed up to give her space. "Where are your friends? family?" she asked, looking around for suspicious movements. maybe they hid out of her sight. "Are they waiting for you by that tree?"

[ 240 words ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Suddenly, Peony felt very sad for the other mare, though she spoke of a herd she sounded as if she had no true friends within which struck her as odd. "Oh how sad, I am so very sorry to hear that." she said, getting to back to her feet at the nudging. She nodded her head at the explanation of being designated a hunter, each herd had their differences. She wasn't in one herself but if she was, she'd surely be a dancer if there was such a thing. "Dancing just suits me, I'm not very strong." she laughed, before shaking her head.

"No, they wont be waiting for me. I haven't seen my parents in a while. We travel a lot then meet back together every couple of months. We are but a family of nomads, bringing cheer whereever we may land." she chuckled again. "My brother is around but he has his own friends to be with. I myself don't have many, besides the flowers and the earth." she said again, walking up to the tree and leaning up delicately to pluck a fruit from a branch and offer it to Lysanth, a smile behind it as she bobbed her head to encourage the other mare to eat.

word count: 210  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:23 pm
She looked at Peony and shook her head. "It's... complicated.. there are rankings and taboos and sacred rituals.. betrayal and failure will mostly lead to death.." Lysanth didn't need her new friend to understand any of it. It was too dangerous to bring her back to the flock. At this distance she was safe.

The harpy's ears perked up as she heard the word dancing again. So that is what she likes. Dancing. I could learn from her...

Without hesitation she took up the kind offer of a ripened piece of fruit from Peony. She took it from her between her teeth and sucked it into her mouth before chewing it. "You're friends with flowers and the earth we walk on?" she asked in sheer shock. Shaking her head, she tapped her claws on the muddy ground. This was an odd situation. No one was there to watch her. No one to protect her. "We're friends now. You can talk to me. You can dance FOR ME." She flew up to pluck a fruit off the branch and eased herself down gently, offering the food back at Peony.

Lysanth knew she could watch her dance forever. But. Eventually, she would have to leave her to report back to the flock. For now, she wanted to spend all the time she could offer with her new friend. The friend that talks to flowers and the earth.. She wanted to be her friend too. Am I doing this right? Pressing her body close to the mare's, like a nudge, she spoke through her teeth that was still holding the fruit in place: "Now eat."

[ 272 words ]  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff