Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-R] Investigating a Pandemic ( Vaylin & Andreiya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Quote:
Fall Fatigue (4): As the year winds down, a nasty ‘bug’ is being reported. In this new fall chill, people are reporting feeling particularly drained and fatigued. Scientists are puzzled because up to 25% of the city has reported experiencing this unnatural fatigue--and, more than that, the strange, foggy memory loss that accompanies it. It’s probably just a product of the season that people report seeing strange colored people and weird costumes before passing out. Most people make it back home and crash for twelve or more hours, so this isn’t a health crisis--just an inconvenience. Destiny City asks that you eat a balanced meal, get a lot of rest, and take care of yourself.

Vaylin was troubled at the moment she had heard disturbing rumors' of Human's falling ill. That could be a grave concern for the Vanguard, if there was a plague going around the locals she didn't know how it would effect Velencians. While her peoples' medical knowledge was fairly advanced it would still be unwise in her opinion to underestimate unknown illnesses. From what she had been able to gleam listening in on the humans even they didn't know what the contagion was however they seemed to dismiss it as an effect of the season. Then there was the other rumor she had heard, stories of individuals with strange skin colors and unusual costumes. She would suppose it was people seeing cadets, afterall compared to Humans Valencians certainly had more colorful skin. However if it wasn't her fellows then what could it be and was it trouble for their mission.

To that end she had request the assistance of one of her fellow Cadets, Andreiya, she didn't want to alert her superiors if it was nothing to worry about but she also figured she could use some assistance. "I'm concerned Andreiya, what if this illness that is spreading around the human's city affects out mission." She said facing her fellow Cadet her eyebrows knitted together in concern.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 pm
Andreiya was a bit haughty, although anyone who knew him well enough knew that it was a poor mask to hide his insecurities and worries. So, when he scoffed at her question, it was fairly easy to decipher that the false bravado was because he was actually worried and not because he thought any less of her for asking.

He crossed his arms over his chest and his brows were furrowed greatly. “Well. I studied some about humans and their sicknesses. It says they often get sick when the seasons change, and--well, it does look like things are changing. Their whole world looks sick. I mean,” he crouched down to pick up a brittle, dried leaf. He held it between his fingers and grimaced as it crumbled when he pinched it.

“It would not surprise me at all to see them start to crisp up and crumble. They do not take good care of themselves, or their planet, or anything.” He sounded a bit like he was pouting--they had this beautiful world and it was dying and they were eating their greasy meat and polluting the atmosphere and making so much noise.

“How do you think this sickness will affect our mission?” he asked, wiping his hand off on his pants and looking back to her.

Aurelius0815

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 pm
Other people might have been offended by Andreiya's haughty attitude but Vaylin knew enough about him to know he didn't mean any of it. So she paid his attitude no mind. It was all an act, she was sure he could see the same danger of the unknown as she did.

"Hmm that's true..." She hummed thoughtfully. "But I don't think it should be this widespread, and from what I've observed of the locals' reaction this doesn't seem like a common occurrence." She explained.

"Now now, there's so many humans. Some take great care of themselves and the world around them, some do not. We can't judge them as a whole." She lightly chastised her fellow. While she could understand how he felt, this was still a beautiful world with wonderful people for the most part, even if there were a few bad seeds among them.

"It could do so in a few ways I think: It could weaken our knight and senshi allies if it afflicts them, it could lessen the energy we are able to get from people if it makes them physically weaker, and although unlikely it could infect us. I doubt the last one would be an issue but without knowing the nature of the illness we really can't say for sure." She answered counting off on her fingers.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:58 pm
Andreiya gave her a look when she chastised him. “They as a collective do not take care of their world. If there were more people that cared for their world, they would outnumber the ones who did not. And then, this world would be in a better state. I have put much thought into this, I would think that if more of them cared than those that did not, this world would be in a better state. Inaction is still action.”

He shrugged a bit, because he wasn’t there to argue, but he didn’t want his point to be misconstrued or misunderstood.

“But, that aside, a sickness could affect an ally as much as an enemy. As long as we are immune, I am not concerned. I mean, I am, but. Our medicine must be better than theirs. I will research this more. It seems like they are only tired, right? How can this sickness be so dangerous?”

Aurelius0815

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:17 pm
She sighed, she understood Andreiya point really she did. But she just couldn't agree. "I don't think we can fairly say that, we haven't seen enough of this world." At the very least they needed a bigger sample size before they began making broad sweeping generalizations. "But that not really a point worth debating at the moment I suppose." She had not called him out here to have a philosophical discussion on the morality of the humans, although such a discussion could be intriguing in the future she had request his aid for a reason.

She thought about his point. "I suppose the Negaverse is made up of Humans as well aren't they. That's a good point. Thanks, you're probably right, I'm probably overthinking this. It's just..." She thought for the words. "I just don't want any risks to the mission. This is our chance to prove ourselves and do something great for both the Humans and our people. I don't want anything that could even possible interfere happening." She hoped he understood where she was coming from.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:36 am
Andreiya made something of a sour expression but he supposed he really didn’t want to argue. It was fine if they disagreed, or if they didn’t see eye to eye. He was stubborn and remained so in his conviction.

His demeanor changed when she mentioned she might have been overthinking it, and he seemed to relax by the end–and even managed to smile.

“I agree. I want to succeed to. I want to be a positive influence on our history, and if that means on theirs as well I would be fine with that. I think we can do this,” he said, and sounded convinced.

“...We will see what the future holds and go from there. I will think on what you have said.”

But then, they had a lot to think about, always.

He would talk to her again, maybe when he’d had more time to figure things out.

Maybe when things were easier to understand.

Aurelius0815

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Vaylin offered Andreiya a grateful smile. She appreciated his council on this and it had brought a new perspective to her and eased alot of her worry. She would still monitor the situation and she was glad he would be thinking on it as well, but this was likely not anything to worry about.

"Thank you Andreiya, I appreciate your words. I think I'm gonna head back to base camp for now I want to compile my thoughts." She waved to him as she began heading back to their camp.

Kyuseisha no Hikari
fin?

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces