Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Brighten Up the Day (Sawa x Aphelios)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:42 pm
User ImageIt was a few days after Sawa and Zuko had run into Itiri that the lioness found herself walking the pride lands alone. Zuko was off doing...something, so she figured she'd take to her old pass time. During her youth Sawa had started talking to plants and had never really given up the habit, though she did have to admit since joining the N'ezi she'd been doing it less. Perhaps it was because she had other lions to talk to.

Still, she felt as if she'd been neglecting her leafy friends as of late. They all grew from the ground and certainly could spread the word from one blade of grass to another about her comings and goings. Sawa viewed all flora as being connected to one another, so she could strike up a conversation with a flower as if it had been the patch of moss she'd been speaking to a week before.

"Hello there," she said cheerfully, if softly to a little group of clover. "Sorry it's been so long. I've been rather busy lately. Ever since things with the wisps cropped up it's been one worry after another for everyone."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 pm
She still hadn't quite found her way around this place... With her companion long settled and off to explore the great outback of the caldera with new found friends, the pink lioness now spent the better part of her day alone and exploring more local regions. She wasn't necessarily looking for anything in particular, but slowly but surely she was getting a little more familiar with what lay nearby.

As of now she was aware of the inner pride, two or three of the migratory paths that crossed into the territory. She'd also unintentionally sauntered in to one or two areas she wasn't supposed to be in and had been abruptly shooed away. She didn't know why those areas were particularly important, but at some point she would find someone more experienced to pull aside and query.

...For today though?

Well today was a day for meandering.

With now specific direction in mind she had simply followed her paws and it was during this point that she stumbled upon the other lioness and her 'friends'. To be fair, Aphelios had seen a considerable number of oddities in her life but conversing with flowers was a bit of a new one to her.

"Do they...speak back?" she asked in a measured tone as she regarded the lioness curiously.

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 am
"Oh yes, things have certainly settled," Sawa continued as she laid down beside the little green patch. "It's a relief, to be quite honest. Everyone was so concerned, even Zuko was unnerved. But it's all better now, though no one really knows if anything we did to help actually...well. Helped."

She gave a little giggle and settled her head down on her paws to stare fondly at the little green plants, silent as she watched. It was in that silence that a very audible voice piped up, making Sawa lift her head in surprise. Glancing behind her she spotted a pink lioness who had (accidentally) snuck up on her, it seemed.

"Oh...if you listen very carefully they do," she said, used to being asked questions about her hobby if others happened up on her as she spoke to them. She was also used to being ridiculed and teased, which was why she tended to do it alone. But she wouldn't lie it to someone, not when they were asking without malice.

"Not how you or I speak, though. It's more a feeling than anything else."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 pm
"I see," She replied.

Truthfully, she didn't. She probably wouldn't ever come to understand that sort of thing. Whether this was because she lacked distinct spirituality, or she simply wasn't whimsical enough, might be open to debate... but when it came to the more fanciful or supernatural elements of life she wasn't convinced. That didn't mean that those who did believe in them deserved to be ridiculed though - for all Aphelios knew, there was every possibility they did speak back.

...She just didn't know how to 'feel' that.

"Not the normal sort of behaviour for a N'ezi though," she observed with a small smile. "Or colour. You must be from the outside like I am," she pointed out. Not that identifying most of the new blood was hard, the majority of them were, amusingly, much brighter in colour than the average N'ezi. However it was nice to meet another who wasn't necessarily born in to the pride and might have a slightly different disposition than those who had grown up here.

"How far did you come?"

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:54 pm
Sawa slowly got to her feet again, knowing that the clover wouldn't mind putting their little chat on pause. Sometimes things came up and a lioness that wanted to chat was certainly a priority. Her observations made the orange lioness give a little laugh of delight, nodding confirmation. It certainly wasn't normal behavior for most lions, not just here in the N'ezi, and she definitely wasn't from around these parts.

"I am," she said with a smile, giving her head a little bob. "I've been here...oh...a year or two perhaps? I've lost track to be quite honest. And quiet a ways, though I couldn't say how far exactly. This whole area is sort of out of the way. I was born in a pride but was rogue from adolescence on. Just sort of been wandering for most of my life, letting the wind take me where it will." Well, the plants, but since the pink lioness seemed a bit unsure about her chatting with them she figured it would be better to change the wording just a bit.

"I'm Sawa. You must be among the most recent batch of rogues to join, I haven't seen you around before."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm
"Ah, not a rogue," Aphelios shook her head ever so slightly. "I did have another home, I simply chose to part ways with it and follow my friend on an adventure," she admitted. In short she had been apprehensive about that adventure, she hadn't even been sure it was a wise choice, but her yellow friend had been insistent and as they had explored a little more Aphelios had begun to see that perhaps there was method to the madness.

...There had been something peaceful about just following your paws.

"She found her calling here and I suppose, in a way, so did I," she admitted. She still didn't feel like it was entirely her home, she wasn't convinced by it for several reasons, but it was more safe and less dramatic than where she had come from. Wasn't that what she had wanted? Somewhere quiet, safe and free from war and strife?

She should have been happy but reservations did seem to keep cropping up for her, her friend may have settled, but Aphelios still had some way to go in that respect.

"It's funny how things work out, you were called here and I was led here," she pointed out. "But if you follow the wind then why did you stay, would it not simply tell you to move on after a time?"

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm
"Oh, pardon me." Sawa gave a little smile, nodding in understanding. She never had too much attachment to her original pride just because she'd spent so little of her life there, but she knew there were others that were proud of where they came from and loyal to the end. Obviously that wasn't quite the case with this pink lioness considering she'd agreed to stay here, but she'd met some rather interesting characters in her travels that definitely held to those descriptions.

"Oh, it may," she agreed, shifting her weight a bit as she took a small step forward. "But for now I'm quite content here. It was a new way to live, certainly, but I was very interested in their way of life. Some things are a bit silly," she admitted with a little chuckle. "But I won't tell them they're wrong to think what they think. Perhaps I'm the one who is wrong and I just haven't seen it yet. But I found a mate here and am enjoying life in a pride."

She'd never thought she'd live in a pride, honestly, but she was quite comfortable with her lot in life at the moment.

"Are you settling in well then?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:14 am
"More slowly than my friend is," Aphelios conceded with a shake of her head. While Sawa had already touched on it, there were nuances and oddities that didn't make much sense to her when it came to this pride. They were kind, considerate and generally pleasant, but their belief system did puzzle her on occasion.

...Particularly their obsession with locking their burial sight to a specific set of individuals. How did they mourn properly if their relatives were never allowed in?

"But as you say, some things might seem a little silly... But that doesn't mean they're wrong and I'm right," she admitted with a wry smile. The world tended to work in mysterious ways and if her former pride had been proof of anything, there were definitely some individuals who were wrong and had taken to doubling down to get that point across. They wouldn't be dissuaded, and so they simply fought.

Forever.

"I prefer the quieter life if I'm honest, and the N'ezi seem to have that mastered, even if I'm taking some time to learn it for myself. I didn't realise it would be such a significant shift for me to personally learn how to relax," she said with a chuckle.

"Congratulations on your partner though, a wanderer such as you or someone with more new blood like us?"

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:25 pm
Sawa nodded, understanding where she was coming from completely. There were things she still found strange after being here for as long as she'd been thus far, though she really didn't want to completely assimilate. Having her own views and thoughts on things was important after all, and while she'd never belittle or make fun of the native N'ezi for what they believed in, she also knew the value of having a cool head and a fresh perspective.

Then again, she carried on two-way conversations with plants. Maybe they were right and she was wrong, just as Aphelios said!

"They certainly do have a quiet way of living," she agreed with a warm smile. "It's nice to know there's always someone to talk to as well, though I will say there are a few traditional lions here that might snub you because of your coat." She'd been on the receiving end of that a few times, but as was her way, Sawa would simply shrug it off and be a little extra kind to that particular lion or lioness.

"Oh, he's a native N'ezi," she added with a fond chuckle. "He was one of the ones who didn't like me right away when I arrived because of my bright color. He warmed up to me eventually though." Sawa winked one eye before nodding her head in the direction of the pride.

"If you'd like we can take a little walk, I can try to put a few of their more interesting customs and rituals into newcomer speak so it's easier to understand. Though I will admit, I'm still understanding some of the finer points myself."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:18 pm
"Oh, I've been on the receiving end of a stare or two," a wry smile crept on to her lips as she motioned for Sawa to lead the way. Evidently the lioness was inclined towards taking a walk in pleasant company and to be entirely honest, the company was a little rare while her companion was off exploring at her own pace.

"But at least you're an example that eventually they do learn that we're not quite so bad as the monster outside their den during the night," she mused and shook her head. She hadn't quite worked out why they were like that though, what her coat might have anything to do with their hostility or suspicion, but if Sawa had encountered it before then maybe...

"Why do they dislike bright things anyway?" she asked curiously as she stepped in to line with the lioness.

"You put flowers on graves and those are bright," she pointed out quietly.

She'd have plenty of other questions as they walked and talked, but she might as well start off with some of the more obvious ones and see where they got on for there.

...Hopefully Sawa had some time in her day to spare!

SilverLutz

Epine de Rose

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces