Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Location] The Redwoods
[PRP] A Monster Hunter's Tale (Lady x Hel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Time passed nearly unnoticed by the young female. Night had shifted into early morning, and yet she still did not feel weighed down by exhaustion. Our Lady's Tears had returned to Kale, or rather stumbled upon him, in the early evening. She had brought back what were obviously the spines of the great, slithering Basilisk, and the pair had talked about her discovery and more as the night dragged on. As always, she found herself to be engrossed by his words, by the deep blue of his eyes. Staring at him, she had realized that there was nothing more that she wanted to do with her life but be a Monster Hunter. It would please him, she thought, and if it pleased him then it pleased her.

He had bestowed her the title of Monster Hunter by the end of the night. Joy had welled up inside of her to the point where she squealed (a little). The look on his face had been hard to interpret, and she was too caught up in her own embarrassment to read too deeply into it. They parted shortly after that, though not without Lady's best efforts to convince him to let her travel by his side. When he had disappeared without her, she came to the realization that it was because that while she had hunted evidence of monsters, she had yet to find one herself.

She was not ready to travel with the great Kale Greenleaf. He would not throw a young and budding Monster Hunter into the dangers he traversed into. Lady had to prove herself. Kale had said it himself, that monsters came in a variety of shapes and sizes. She just needed to put the research in and discover something small enough to drag back to Kale, but dangerous enough to prove her abilities as a Monster Hunter. Lady could wait for Kale to give her the next lead, but she was an impatient young female determined to make a good impression. If she did this hunt all on her own, Kale would have no choice but to recognize her merit as a Monster Hunter and a lover.

Days later, and she found herself in the midst of the redwoods, staring down an embarrassingly naked squirrel. It was clearly diseased, and someone should put it out of its misery but it surely wasn't going to be her. Her teeth were going nowhere near the mangy creature. She sighed heavily, "Trust a ********' crow to send me after a rodent." It was not the 'monster' the crow had described to her, but she could see how the squirrel would be unusual enough to frighten a fragile heart. Then again, she had thought crows to be a fair bit more intelligent than most of the other animals in the woods.

If she found out this was some elaborate prank she would find that crow and eat its toes.

The squirrel scampered up the thick trunk of a looming redwoods tree as Lady came to terms with yet another dead end. Kale had given her such reliable information that she had never failed to track down proof of a monster... but other sources were proving to be disappointing. None of them had actually led her to a monster or even any signs of one. She felt like she was chasing her own tail, and her tail was very short and close to her body. It was not easy to catch.

"By the spirits," she growled in frustration. Her day, it seemed, was off to a poor start. After having scoured the area for a few days, she was at a loss as to what to do next.

(WC: 2507)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:13 pm
User ImageHel was feeling pretty darn good about herself right now, thank you very much. She hadn't done much with her life other than explore up until a few weeks ago. That was when she'd woken for no apparent reason at all and followed her paws along some unguided path to the hulking berserker that was Kale Greenleaf. He had sent her on quest after quest, hunting signs of massive beasts that were rumored to live in the various environments he had sent her to. The sea, the desert, the barren wastelands...it had all be so exciting! Upon returning from her last hunt he had bestowed upon her the title of monster hunter. Her! A tiny, fluffy little wolfdog! Who would have thought?

The title had inspired Hel to seek more adventure and during a walk through the Redwoods she had come across a raccoon who had convinced her to join a pack that lived within the decaying forest. Hel had never thought about joining a pack before but he had put such a wonderful, exciting spin on it that she had to check it out and see what it was all about. Though the pack had some strange views (not all berserkers were bad! She had just met a really great one!) the thought of being a knight along with a monster hunter was just too good to pass up.

Striding through the tall if decrepit trees, Hel wasn't too alert to her surroundings. She was out on an adventure again, albeit much smaller than the pawful she'd been on recently. That was fine! She needed to learn the Redwood well so she could properly guard it. She wasn't too close to the pack's territory anymore though, so anyone she met out here - berserker or otherwise - would be met with a tail wag and a happy yip.

Lo and behold, Hel rounded a particularly thick, dead tree and spotted a dire wolf not far from where she stood. Fluffy tail a-wagging, Hel trotted towards the other female with a delighted look on her face, ears erect and body language loose and happy.

"Hello!" she said as she got closer. "Nice day, isn't it?" It was a pretty nice day despite the less than nice surroundings, but Hel was definitely an optimist and would take what she could get.

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:25 pm
Lady had not met many others during her young life, especially those of other species. But, she was familiar enough with wolfdogs to recognize one when she saw her. Habitually, her nub tail started wagging fast enough that her entire hind quarters seemed to sway with it. After dealing with all sorts of critters, seeing a semi-familiar shaped face was actually a relief. Lady needed a pick-me-up after her multiple failed attempts to secure a monster for the love of her life, Kale. "Hello!" she greeted in return as the blue-tinted wolfdog waltzed right up to her.

They had been able to read each other well - neither were a threat to the other. "It would be nicer if I hadn't been sent on a fool's errand," Lady admitted with a heavy sigh. She did not exactly want to tell this new wolf what 'mission' she had failed. When Kale had sent her out on her journeys, she had always returned successfully (even when she thought she hadn't). To be struggling so hard on her own was embarrassing. "I had been told tales of an unusual creature around these parts. But I've come to find out that there was nothing unusual about it at all."

Shoving all of her problems at a stranger probably was not the best way to make friends, but she needed someone to vent to. Hel just had perfect (or imperfect depending on how one looked at it) timing. "Eh, sorry. You probably didn't need to hear any of that," she apologized to be polite, but it didn't necessarily sound sincere.

"I am Lady, the Monster Hunter." Her full name was a mouthful, reserved for her family alone. Besides, as a Monster Hunt she wanted to be known as The Lady. One couldn't give herself a fancy title without putting in the work first. So, it was Lady.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:36 pm
When her friendly greeting was returned Hel put a little more bounce in her step as she approached, glee evident in her eyes. Even small for wolfdog standards, Hel was nonetheless fearless when it came to meeting new friends and this dire wolf seemed quite pleased to see her.

The lamentation of her new friend made Hel tilt her head to the side, curious as to what unusual creatures might be roaming the Redwoods. She hadn't seen any here, though to be fair she hadn't been looking for any. Sometimes the strange and unusual creatures hid best right under your nose. Though, as the dire wolf went on, it seemed she hadn't found anything because there wasn't anything to find.

"Aw...that would have been a fun adventure," Hel whined in sympathy, her ears drooping. Now that she was part of the Fallguard she'd be frequenting these woods far more often so if there were any strange and wonderful creatures to behold here she was sure she'd find them...eventually. The apology had Hel shaking her head quickly, fur rippling down her neck and torso.

"Oh no! No need to apologize. I love stories even if they don't have the best ending." As Lady introduced herself Hel's paws tapped happily on the bed of dead leaves and grass they were standing on, excitement clear on her face once again.

"Lady the Monster Hunter! Oh, that's a wonderful name! Did you by chance meet Kale Greenleaf? I just finished helping him hunt for monsters as well!" In her excitement Hel forgot to mention her name and she realized it just a moment after waiting for Lady to respond.

"Oh! I'm Hel! Also the Monster Hunter!"

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm
"If there were more monsters involved, I think it would have been a lot more fun," Lady admitted with a flick of her ear. She did enjoy the journey quite a bit, but she liked to have proof of her adventure. She wanted something real and physical as evidence of her hard work and keen eye. To travel all this way and come up with nothing was disappointing. It wouldn't be enough to get Kale Greenleaf to look her way. Even her sisters would laugh at her if she continued to bring nothing back to them. All evidence of her prior adventures had been given to the startlingly handsome Berserker. She had gone home empty handed and her family had only been left to wonder what it was exactly that Lady had gotten into.

Hel mentioned Kale Greenleaf by name and she nearly lost her breath. Just the mere mention of his name had her flushing from her nose down to the tips of her toes. Her heart fluttered, and her infatuation threatened to draw her away from reality and back towards fantasy. "Yes! I have met him on a few occasions! I have hunted a few monsters for him. I was hoping this time to dig up some intel of my own and hunt down a monster by myself... as proof that I'm ready to... ready to..."

She blushed deeply, and realized immediately that she could say no more about her heart's desires. "Anyways!" she cleared her throat loudly, hoping that Hel would forgive her for the weird tangent she had started to go on. "This is the first time I've met another Monster Hunter besides him. Tell me, have you found anything interesting on your travels recently? Anything phenomenal or outstanding?" It was what Monster Hunters were supposed to do - lend one another their aid. She hoped deeply that Hel had some more fruitful endeavors, and that Lady could gain some information to act upon.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:56 pm
That tiny voice inside Hel that told her things were dangerous piped up when Lady spoke of monsters being fun that she ought not agree, but Hel was nodding along enthusiastically all the same. While she hadn't seen the beasts Kale had spoken of she had certainly found evidence of their existence and that was pretty amazing. Kale's enthusiasm for her finds had been infectious and it seemed Lady agreed with the way she was going on and on about trying to continue hunting down more beasts.

Hel didn't notice as Lady trailed off, clearly lost in thought for a moment. She latched right on to the question and pondered her comings and goings the past few weeks.

"Oh, you know, just signs of monsters but no real sightings of them. And not long ago I joined a pack that dwells here in the Redwoods, I think it's pretty spooky in here at night so there's bound to be something creeping around, right? Oh!"

Hel startled herself as a memory came back to her of when she'd been hunting the Roc.

"You know, now that you mention it..." She trailed off, unable to help herself. Hel was a lover of dramatics and if she could play anything up, she would. Not to be cruel or to demand attention but just because she felt like the story she was about to tell Lady was worth it. Maybe this was how Kale felt telling her and Lady and all the other wolves that hunted monsters for him about their quests.

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:07 pm
"Oh, I did not realize there was a pack nearby," Lady admitted with a shameful smile. She was far more focused on finding monsters than paying complete attention to her surroundings. It wasn't necessarily the best idea to go wandering through a pack's territory, but so far no one had stopped her. So, either she had missed the pack or they simply did not care about a single lone wolf. Besides, it wasn't like Lady was hunting them. She had more elusive prey to discover.

"Kale sent me after some rather large monsters. I was actually worried about encountering them on my own, but in the end all I was able to find was proof of their existence. I am hopeful that in the future I will come across a monster that is not quite so... daunting to take on." She could not imagine what she would have done if she had encountered the Roc. Her encounter likely would have been a short one before she ended up as its next meal. Even the other monsters she had been sent after would have been too much for the young female to handle. The Kraken was not going to get dragged out of the water, and she would not be able to unearth the Basilisk from the sand. Lady needed a monster that was more within her level of ability as a fledgling Monster Hunter.

Lady perked up, curiously tilting her head towards Hel as the wolfdog seemed to recall something of interest. Lady had always enjoyed Kale's stories - it was one of the reasons she found him to be charming. That, and his massive bulk, those long legs... his nub tail that matched her own. They'd have the cutest pups - she just had to convince him to take her as his mate. So, as Hel alluded to some new information, Lady leaned close with curiosity alight in her orange eyes. "What is it?" she prompted with a soft gasp.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:16 pm
Hel waited, her tail wiggling slightly with delight in her own story she was about to share. The fact that Lady seemed eager to hear what she had to say only made that delight grow, her tail wagging faster. Right! The story!

"I was a few days in heading in search of the Roc. I was in the foothills of the mountains, not yet past the sentries that ward you away from the wasteland beyond. I had walked all day, my paws were aching," she moaned, remembering the throbbing pain she'd endured during the last few days of the longer trips.

"I was setting up a place to sleep, digging a little wallow to rest in, when I heard something rustling in the bushes not far from where I'd decided to settle. I figured it may be a decent meal considering how large it sounded, but when I went to go see if I could make the kill, I was stunned." She paused here, blue eyes bright and unblinking as she stared Lady down.

"There in the trees not twenty paces from me was a dark pony. But not just any pony. He had a long tail that ended in a tuft, he had a mane that went down and over his chest, and-"

She paused, her voice dropping in pitch for dramatic effect.

"He had a horn on his head, long and curved. He turned and looked directly at me. I froze. Surely I was seeing things! But we stared each other down for a few moments before a bird startled us both as it burst from a nearby tree. I looked away for just a moment...and when I looked back, he was gone."

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:26 pm
Having gone after evidence of the Roc herself, it was easy to picture in her head the landscape that Hel described. She had walked a similar path, though at the time had been heavily distracted by fantasies of her future with Kale Greenleaf. It would have been easy for her to miss something out of the ordinary. Lady listened intently and did not dare to interrupt Hel in the middle of her story. She could always try to scrape up specifics after Hel had finished recalling her adventure. Any piece of information would be vital if this turned into another monster hunt.

Her eyes grew wide as Hel began to describe the horse and its unusual features. Lady had never heard of any pony with a long tail, nor one so hairy. But what nearly made her jaw drop was the fact that it had a horn upon its head. No equine she had heard of possessed such a feature. "By the spirits," she whispered in pure awe as she visualized the strange creature in her head. This could be a monster worthy of bringing back to Kale Greenleaf - something not so large that she could not handle it (even though the horn did sound quite dangerous).

"I have never heard of such a creature before. Have you heard any rumors of it in your travels, or only what you've witnessed with your own eyes? Does it migrate like other horses are known to do or does it keep to its own territory? How long ago were you there?" It was a lot of questions spoken very quickly. They were fired off the moment they entered her mind. Lady was unable to hold back her enthusiasm and delight at such a tale.

Her booty was wagging with her tail, and she could not stop it. "I wonder if it uses the horn to joust with potential rivals in love?" she gasped scandalously. "Or does it fend off enemies with it? I must simply see it for myself!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:36 pm
Hel could tell just from Lady's expression that she was completely wrapped up in the story and just as excited to hear it as Hel was to tell it. The questions that followed were rapid fire and Hel didn't have much time to think about one before the next was being posed, but she remembered each one as she struggled to keep up.

"No, that was the first I'd ever seen or heard of it! I didn't believe my eyes at first, but once it moved and looked right at me and that horn didn't stay in place and wind up being a tree branch or something similar I knew it had to be real. The pony was mostly dark grey so it was hard to make out details, but the horn was tipped with red and it stood out quite well. It was alone and when I went to go search the area it had been I didn't smell any more, but its scent was definitely in the area. I'd wager it lives there, probably alone. And I was there..."

Hel had to pause to think. The Roc had been the second creature Kale had sent her to find and that journey had taken a good bit of time. The Basilisk had taken even longer, though, and then she'd been here in the Redwoods...

"Hmmm...perhaps a moon ago?" she wagered, tilting her head in thought. "Maybe a little longer. I didn't see or smell it on my way back, but I also was very intent to return what I'd found to Kale, so it wasn't on my mind."

She laughed in delight as Lade began to think up reasons the pony might have the horn and Hel had to agree it was probably more for show than use. The way it curved had the tip pointing away from any potential targets, though she wouldn't deny it looked like it could do some damage if caught the wrong way.

"I'm not sure! Perhaps you can ask it when you find it." Not if, when. Kale had made Lady a Monster Hunter as well and Hel had full faith that she could do it.

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 pm
Lady brought a paw up under her chin as her mind whirled with thoughts and questions. If it was only a moon ago, and considering how long it would take Lady herself to travel that way, there was a slight chance the creature could still be in the area. If nothing else, it would leave behind some trace for her to follow. Hel had actually laid eyes upon the equine, so there was no denying its existence. A chance sighting would lead Lady into a whole new realm of possibilities.

Her mind was already made up the moment Hel had shared her story. She was going after this monster, and there was not a force upon this world that could stop her. A smile, sharp and wicked crossed her features as excitement coursed through her veins. "If it is not there, I am sure I will be able to dig up signs of its existence, and from there be able to track it. If I get ready to leave as quickly as possible, my chances will only be higher!" The words were mumbled underneath her breath as she mentally worked through the journey that she would be undertaking.

Her head snapped up to meet Hel's gaze again, as if only just remembering that the wolfdog was still with her. "Thank you," she told the female sincerely. "This information is invaluable, and I will not let it go to waste. When I discover the creature, I will be sure to find out as much about it as possible and share the information with you and the other Monster Hunters of Kells." She had no idea how many there were of them now. Kale had mentioned being the only one not too long ago, but since then it seemed like he had managed to drag a few more into the fold.

"You know, I never thought I would find another Monster Hunter today, nor receive an actual good lead on a monster. I would hate to cut our union short, but I worry about wasting time now that the hunt is on."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:53 pm
It was captivating to watch Lady's gears turn, her quiet murmurings and eager grin infectious. Hel knew she should stay here and learn the land that she would call home, but the call to go out and hunt again was strong. When she had first met Kale he had asked her if hunting was a necessity or a passion and she, in true fashion, and picked both. Sometimes it was necessary to eat and survive, but a hunt like this? Pure passion.

"Oh, I'm glad you're going after it!" she said excitedly, her tail wagging furiously. "I wish you all of the luck the world has to offer. And don't give up! I'm sure you'll find him if you use everything you've learned hunting all those other monsters." Though she had to stay, Hel's heart would surely be with Lady as she searched for the strange creature.

"Yes, yes, please!" she yipped happily. "The Fallguard are not far from here, an hour's walk or so. Do come back and tell me of your adventures." Hel calmed herself for a moment, trying to take on the dignified air Kale had about him when he'd sent her off on her missions.

"Bring back proof of this strange pony, either physical or verbal. I trust you'll succeed, Lady the Monster Hunter." She held the act together for just a moment before dissolving into giggles. "How was my Kale impression?" she asked, not wanting to hold Lady up much longer.

Krysin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:02 pm
"I will, I promise." The Redwoods was an area that she knew well enough, and with the information Hel had given her it wouldn't be too difficult to locate the wolfdog once her hunt had ended. If she was fortunate enough, she'd even be able to bring the equine back for Hel to see and confirm that it was the very one she had encountered during her hunt. Though she doubted she would be unable to find her monster, in the case that she did not she would return regardless. Hel was pleasant company, and Lady owed her some information in return for what Hel had so willingly shared with her.

Lady watched Hel curiously as the wolfdog seemed to gather up herself and spoke with a little more authority. When Hel's voice broke out into giggles, she found herself laughing along as if they shared some spicy secret. Now that Hel had admitted her impression, Lady had to agree that it was fairly spot on. Her smile turned mischievous, and she leveled Hel with an impish stare. "It's pretty good," the female admitted willingly.

"Could be sexier, though," she added almost as an afterthought. Before embarrassment could catch up to her actions, she waved her paw at Hel in a 'goodbye' gesture.

"We will meet again, I promise!" she called out to the wolfdog as she turned on her heels and left to begin her Hunt.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:16 pm
Hel laughed as Lady critiqued her Kale impression, fluffy tail wagging once more as she promised to return. Hel hoped she'd have something to show for it if only because she knew how satisfying it was to find physical evidence of one of these creatures.

It wasn't until Lady had turned to go that Hel realized what one of her suggestions had been. Sexier?! Hel watched Lady go before she could do anything other than give a little yip of farewell and good luck, her head tilted as she tried to puzzle out why she'd suggested that.

Ah well. She'd have time to think about it.

"Safe travels!" she called out as Lady disappeared between the dead trees, the last sight of her short tail leaving Hel feeling just a bit lonely. It was nice to have met another Monster Hunter other than Kale. Knowing someone else had the same journey she did was exciting and she hoped she'd get to spend more time with the dire wolf.

Turning her nose back the way she'd come, Hel trotted off to explore the area of the Redwoods she was in, her heart beating with excitement. Hopefully Lady would find the strange beast and have a wonderful story to tell her sooner rather than later.

WC: 2031  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[Location] The Redwoods

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas