Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [OOC] Archive
[SHOP EVENT] The Wild Hunt - Prizes pg.2 Raffle Winners pg.3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kellswolves
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 am
User Image

It’s twilight, the hour where time seems to stall in favor of those daring to adventure. Your sleep has been interrupted, by what is entirely up to you, and has led your feet northward, close to the snowcapped giants of the Bluestone Peaks and, serendipitously, to a strange behemoth of a wolf. A berserker male.
    User Image

User Image

He claims to be the last remaining Monster Hunter of the Waylands, who has traversed the wilds of his homeland in search of something “marvelous”. As he stands before you, he asks: is hunting an act of passion or merely an obligation? Before attempting to enlist you on one of his great and terrible ventures.

It happens quickly, perhaps you aren’t too sure whether or not to join him, and he recognizes the apprehension behind your eyes; he has seen it all before. He gives his name as means of showing trust, Kale Greenleaf, before inquiring of yours. Do you offer it freely?

Then, he pours over his life story… of meeting and trading secrets with the wolf known as Everquest. His budding interest turned obsession with the tales woven into relics of old. His excursions for monsters thought to be myths, his countless failures but also of his successes. Eventually, his story leads to present day, where the world is either swept up in bliss or frightened by the mysteries presented by The Veil. While they fret, he is sitting pretty, ready to find what he has always believed existed, but what has remained hidden for so long. He, although truly impressed and intrigued by the beasts held within this new land, cannot help but express a very simple truth…

“We have always lived in the shadows of colossal beasts. Always.”

And it is then that you catch the glint in his eye. He truly believes in the legends and folklore. And what with the events unfolding all around you, it’s hard not to believe along with him. He quiets for a moment, as if reliving it all has winded him, before leaving you with his final request:

“Travel to the West. There you will find the beast which lurks beneath the waves. It is said to be twice as long as the shore itself, with a beak and many limbs but no feathers or fur to speak of. It has not been seen in many years and yet… I believe there are clues of its existence scattered about the shoreline. Find proof and return to me. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain… What do you say?”

As you agree, he grunts approvingly.

"Good. I'll be waiting."
    ------

Summary:
    In the middle of the night you find yourself face to face with a berserker male. His name is Kale Greenleaf, the Monster Hunter of Kells, and he approaches you with an opportunity to see things you’ve never seen before. All he asks for is proof…

How to Play:
    Choose one of your characters (you will use them for the entirety of the event) to react and respond to the prompts. Yes, there will be several! For this encounter, your response must result in the agreement to join the hunt. How you get to that point is entirely up to you, but your character must agree in order to proceed to the next stage!

The next prompt will be posted: 4/11/2020

Rules:
    • Staff are not permitted to join.
    • You must have a character on official Kells lines in order to participate!
    • You must follow the prompts and respond accordingly. We will be reading them over to ensure all participants are following this rule.
    • Each response must be at least 500 words long. Please post your responses in the appropriate threads.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blurred Vision didn't find himself to be anything remarkable. According to his travels, he was a survivor - a handsome one, at that (according to his past... liaisings) - with a love for the thrill of the chase. He wasn't necessarily obsessed with hunting, but he did recognize that he enjoyed it more than the average wolf. While it was key to thriving as a carnivore, there was something almost spiritual about the sinking of one's fangs into the skin of another - feeling the burst of blood on one's tongue. At least, that's how he looked at it.

While Vision planned to find a pack and settle down, there was one thing he had yet to do. It was a bucket list, item, really - something so crazy he never imagined he would execute, but here he stood, basking in the reality of the situation. He hadn't planned on seeking out the last (or thought to be) Monster Hunter of the Waylands, but one day Blurred Vision felt something he could only describe as a pull, encouraging him to travel north. And now, here he stood, listening to the blue-eyed berserker, who immediately posed a question. Vision went to open his mouth to respond, when what he really wanted was then offered to him. A quest, of sorts, to find a beast no one has seen before. With the offer hanging in the air, Vision felt himself experiencing an odd bought of apprehension. Did he really want to do this? Risk it all? And for what? Before he could voice his response or raise any kind of concerns, Kale introduced himself and continued on.

Blurred Vision was rapt listening to the tale Kale Greenleaf spun about his life. It was just like the story he had heard from that one rogue so long ago - mysterious, magical creatures and monsters previously thought to be fables, now brought to life by this wolf before him.

Soon enough, Kale was on to his instructions. He had not yet allowed Vision the chance to agree to journeying off into far-off lands in search for what may or may not be. Instead, he described a monster unlike any of which the dire wolf had ever heard. Hell, he hadn't even been able to imagine something that fantastical, let alone dream that it existed.

Then, the offer came. Formally and quickly and Vision didn't hesitate one moment before agreeing, accepting the quest and the dangers that it entailed. Kale had a small response - it seemed as if he almost knew that Vision would oblige - of a grunt and a brief statement of "I'll be waiting." It sent chills down Blurred Vision's back. Was this real? Was this actually happening? He was about to become a monster hunter, on his own without much guidance, and he truly could not wrap his brain around it. There were creatures in Kells so rarely seen, and he was (hopefully) about to be privy to one of the most outlandish ones of which he had heard. Refusing to smile in front of the berserker, Vision nodded at the other, taking a quiet, deep breath. Life was about to get very complicated.

(wc: 527)

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 am

Wild Holly was fast asleep in a rocky area near the edge of the water, she could hear the water hitting the rocky shore as she slept but she didn't think much of it since she was in the middle of an odd dream about a dark shadow. It was this very dream that woke her from her sleep and she looked around half expecting to see the shadow from her dreams but there was nothing. She looked in the direction of the cavern she had wanted to explore, but something was drawing her away. She started off in a direction she had no idea why she was going in. She didn't know if she was going towards her dream or running away from it.

She found herself heading towards the mountains, she wondered what was driving her in that direction till saw a huge creature, she shivered a little remembering her dream of the dark shadow. This fellow was certainly similar to a shadow, but then again she was rather dark of coat herself. She shook her thoughts off and focused on what the wolf was saying, Monster Hunter. She was amazed but with the rumors of the mysterious land past the stones anything was possible, so she wouldn't discount what he was saying and she wanted adventure, so this was just the thing for Wild Holly. She still wanted to find the land beyond the stones someday.

Wild Holly smiled and then said, "I would think a passion, I have been looking for adventure and this amazing.." She was at a loss for words what did you say when a wolf said there were monsters and they needed help to hunt them. She nodded and then said, "Yes I give you my name freely I am Wild Holly." She listened carefully to his tale. Excited at the mention of the Veil, confident that was the name of the land beyond the stones. She blinked thinking that this was a hunting mission at first and one that he would be going with them on. "Alright, then I will head west and see what I can find." She didn't mind doing things on her own she normally worked on her own. She had not had much luck finding friends she could get along with. She hoped she would find friends someday.

It was a pity this wasn't a group mission, perhaps she would get to know the other wolves but it seemed that wouldn't be the case this quest. She was getting her wish, she might also get some scars from this quest if she found the creature and tried to attack it. She didn't have to put herself at much risk at this point. She had thought that was what this was about, but she had been mistaken. Perhaps this quest would be a good starting point for her to learn more about the veil and the creatures within it. She smiled "Thank you I've wanted to learn more about the veil for a long time, perhaps I will discover more on the journey."

(515)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 am

She did not know what broke the peaceful illusion of slumber in the middle of the night, but she woke with a start. Her heart pounded away in her chest, her eyes hyper-focused on the clear sky above her. At her side, one of her sisters rolled over with a grunt and jammed a paw into her stomach. That was more than enough to get her onto her feet with a roll of her eyes. Whatever had startled her awake had been forgotten in that instant as she grumbled underneath her breath about the burden of siblings. Awake now with no hope of falling back asleep, Our Lady's Tears disappeared into the forest. An evening stroll was the only thing she could think of to do while the rest of her family slept on.

In the dark of the night is where she met him, Kale Greenleaf. There was a silent camaraderie in the shortness of their tails, or at least she liked to think there was. His presence had frightened her at first, an unknown wolf nearly twice her bulk was a clear threat. Even with her family nearby, if Kale Greenleaf wanted to hurt her he could. But he did not - it seemed like there was bigger prey for him to pursue. Our Lady's Tears could not help but become enthralled by his tales. He spoke with confidence and passion, and she answered with soft words so as not to be overheard by the family she had left sleeping. "Lady," she had passed along as her name. It was not necessarily a lie, since that was what she commonly went by. When all of your sisters and brother had a similar name theme it was almost necessary to pick a piece of it to stand apart from the others. So she was the Lady. Whatever he thought of the title and name, he did not show it upon his features.

Kale Greenleaf laid out his request, and every piece of her suddenly wanted to jump headfirst into the adventure to fulfill it. She had a family, and though they were unusual they were close. To leave them so suddenly, while she was still in the throes of adolescence, was foolhardy and risky. But, she wanted to do it. She had to do it. Adventure called to her unlike anything she had ever experienced before. "Fine, I'll do it," she answered with a toothy grin, as if there had ever been another answer she could have given. She was too young, too assured of herself to make any other decision. Her bobbed tail wagged with youthful enthusiasm, the orange of her eyes bright under the star's light.

"Just watch, when I come back you'll have no choice but to call me the newest Monster Hunter," she answered cockily. It sounded grand in her head, an exciting adventure pursuing the world's most dangerous and elusive monsters. The young female had been easily convinced, even if she did make to be an odd choice. (wc: 504)

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Valdmir Talamore

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:11 pm
User Image

Since long ago when Grizzly Bones was separated from her pack she was no stranger to uneasy and broken sleep, but this time was a little different. Instead of grumbling and rolling to a different position she felt compelled to get to her paws. Grizzly gave a look to her surrounding and tried to figure out just what was compelling her to act differently then normal. Was it the moonlight? Was it hunger? Was it a scent in the winds? Perhaps the latter, there was a strange scent that made her feel to uneasy to just fall back into her rest. Grizzly followed the scent faint at first growing ever stronger as she carried herself through the familiar territory and yet some how on this night it seemed almost foreign to her. Her ears perked at the sound of movement and she gave off a warning growl being alone did always put you on edge in situations like this one. A Large berserker male appeared and her growl stopped, it had been awhile since she had seen one like herself. So letting him speak with her was just a given.

"I believe the answer to your question is complicated, stranger. For I believe hunting is both an act of passion and an obligation, specially when a pack is involved. I suppose if I must choose one then it would be an act of passion. From the very passion from substantiating life to the passion of matching each paw step to outrun and outsmart your prey, passion simply can't be ignored." Grizzly nodded pleased with her answer though curious for the stranger's reason behind it. She did not have to wonder for long as he quickly asked her to join on a venture with him. "I don't even know you." She responded pinning her ears why would she join this male on some crazy quest?!

"As if a name tells me everything I need to know about you?" Grizzly responded. "I could I suppose attempt to figure out why you are named this, but how am I to know this is even your real name?" She seemed to still be suspicious of the stranger. No a name couldn't tell her everything he needed to know about him, but her name could help locate what she was always looking for and in the end that was the only reason she gave her real name freely. "My name is Grizzly Bones. Have you ever come across other Bones in your travels?" She asked for her passion hunt was to find her family, find where she belonged.

Ah now a life story could indeed shed more light on this stranger for her though it seemed so strange that he offered so much information freely. Grizzly sat getting comfortable as the male before her spun his web of stories. Everquest she had never heard of this wolf. Relics? Beast, Monsters, it was rather a lot to take in. Though she knew of reports of the strangers and the appearance of the Veil it was still a lot to believe and process. "Colossal beast? This wording implies something larger then we normally experience. So far everything I've heard of the Veil has not been far from the realms of imagination, but your wording implies something that is." Grizzly didn't seem afraid rather she was intrigued by the idea. Perhaps there was larger more thrilling prey to chase out there somewhere, or maybe something that could even make her afraid of its size, that thought was exciting.

Grizzly blinked as Kale Greenleaf pretty much left her with marching orders. She couldn't help but raise a brow when had she agreed to his adventure or had he just seen her excitement as he spoke of colossal beast. She really must work on controlling her body language. Grizzly got to her paws and seemed to think for a moment. This did not seem like a quest that would get her any closer to her family. It did how ever offer quite the story to share should she meet them one day. Grizzly gave a firm nod and swift flick of her tail as she decided she would go. " I shall do this, but if it all turns out to be some joke or even a trap, I will find my way back to you and steal what's left of your tail and wear it around my neck as payment for my time. Understood?" Grizzly was serious about this. She gave him a nod to say farewell before turning to start the journey west.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm
User Image

Sparrow’s Song lay in the brush fast asleep. He still had yet to find a home to speak of. He spent his days wandering with Keen Eye the bear. And his nights, he spent sleeping under the stars. The day had been a long one, and so when he lay down to sleep that night he was out like a light. He was having a wonderful dream when he felt something shoving against his side. He stirred in his sleep, finally opening his eyes and looking around. It was Keen Eye pawing at him.

“Hey, get up,” The bear ordered. “I heard something strange.”

Sparrow just stared at him. “And?”

“You need to go check it out,” The bear commanded. Despite his authoritative tone, Sparrow could tell Keen Eye seemed afraid of something. So ever so cautiously, the young wolf took off to see what had made the noise. He walked along, leaving the scared Keen Eye behind. But no matter how far he walked, he didn’t find any weird noises of which to speak. So he kept wandering, eventually finding himself near the snow-capped peaks of bluestone’s mountains.

As he turned the corner he found himself in the presence of a rather large wolf. He’d never seen such a giant before. He gulped, inching back in fear. But the berserker had sensed him, and turned to greet him. This caught Sparrow by surprise. Sparrow’s eyes were wide with shock. The stranger then posed a question. “Is hunting an act of passion or merely an obligation?”

Sparrow stared at the other wolf for a long time, unsure of how to respond. The question seemed pretty random, that was for sure. “Well...I just hunt to eat soo….. Obligation I guess? So I don’t starve.” He trailed off, unsure of whether his response was satisfactory or not.

But the berserker kept talking, and Sparrow basically had no choice but to sit and listen. The stranger spoke of great adventures though. And this held Sparrow’s attention. But when the giant of a wolf attempted to enlist Sparrow on one of his quests though, the young wolf was uncertain.

Seeing the apprehension in Sparrow’s eyes, the giant wolf offered his name as a sign of reassurance. He introduced himself as Kale Greenleaf. And so Sparrow felt implied to tell him his name as well. “I’m Sparrow’s Song.”

Kale turned out to be quite friendly though as it would seem. And he was quite the talker too. He practically told Sparrow his life story as they stood in the twilight. Tales of the folklore of Kells, in which he truly believed. And trading secrets with another wolf by the name of Everquest. Apparently there were great beasts out in the world. And all he asked for then, was for Sparrow to find proof. Kale instructed him to go West where there lies a creature beneath the waves; long and with a beak and many limbs, but no fur or feathers of which to speak.

Sparrow thought it strange, but intriguing. And he eventually found himself agreeing to go look for clues to this beast’s existence. “Alright. I’ll do it!” he said with a confirming nod.

He felt obligated after all. Since this wolf had been so nice as to speak with him and not avoid him as other wolves did. Finding a little proof would be the least he could do as his way of saying thanks. And surely Keen Eye would be alright on his own while Sparrow’s Song was off adventuring. He was a bear after all.

word count: 595  

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 pm
User Image

Heavy footsteps hit the ground as the snowy dirt beneath his claws shifted with every step. Quietly stalking whatever or whoever was to be his next victim, for the thrill of the hunt, no the kill was everything this huge beserker looked forward too. Shapeless stalked the ground and allowed his gaze to shift to every little movement that flickered through his eye-sight. Just awoken by a nice sleep by the setting sun, Shapeless preferred to lurk in the night and went where his feet drug him, which this night, set him north, further into the mountain-tops. With cold eyes, he settled on the horizon and within seconds, caught the eyes of another beserker wolf.

Shapeless was pleased to see another wolf, for reasons most wolves did not have. He as a killer by nature and he was not one to step down from a battle. With cold, soulless eyes, he shifted a toothy grin and let out a low grumble. This beserker seemed to on the bigger side, like Shapeless, which pleased him since he was up for more of a fair fight. The element of surprise was not going to work as him and the other wolf were staring at each other, but that did not deter him from his prey hand. Just when he thought it was time to get into a rumble, the other beserker spoke. Shapeless was not one to talk before a fight, but this time he allowed it, listening to what this other wolf had to offer him. While listening, Shapeless was pacing back and forth every so slowly in front of this wolf, listening and answering when asked questions.

"Hunting?" With a sly grin, he stopped and flashed his teeth. "Hunting and killing are one in the same for me, but if I may answer truthfully, it's a burning passion." As the wolf offered his name, he shared his openly as his name was but a whisper to one's ear. "Shapeless."

As the beserker spoke, Shapeless did start to listen to him with quite intent ears. His pacing had stopped and now he was just staring at Kale, listening to his words. If beasts roamed this world, he would be more than happy to hunt them. He enjoyed preying on the weak, but it was getting too easy and Shapeless would not mind going toe to toe with these colossus beasts. He was looking for something to hunt for that posed more of a challenge to him.

For a second, his soulless eyes seemed to enjoy hearing these stories. If there were beserkers as big as Kale and Shapeless, he was game for it, but upon his next words, he was a little deterred for a second.

Twice as long as the shore itself?

How was he supposed to kill that? He was not to kill this mythical beast, yet find proof of its existence. Shapeless stared up to the other wolf and then pointed his eyes West. With a thought of either going after this beserker now or looking for this beast, he shot his eyes back up at Kale.

"I will look for this beast for you, but know this." With a low growl, he shifted his body to the west. "I am a killer by nature and if I find beasts, I kill them." Now with a loud snarl, he started walking off towards the shore. "Consider my passing a favor."

Shapeless started to jog towards the shore, he preferred to get there faster and night light was only going to last so long.

595 word count

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:14 am
User Image

Piranha twitched in his sleep, his dreams threatening to wake him at what felt like every turn. He grunted, shifting, curling into a tighter position as if compacting himself would make it stop so that he could finally get a moments of sleep. Agitated by what was going on in his mind, he finally gave in, stirring with a growl. His short chopped tail thumped against the ground in irritation, much like that of a cat. Green eyes narrowed and the usual scowl on his face returned two fold. At first he glanced around, thinking one of his many roaming relations had decided to play a trick on him, but when no one or thing scented close, he rose to his paws.

Wandering, he wasn't sure exactly where he was going, except that his paws seemed to have a mind of his own and a destination in mind to reach. Soon, he found himself nearing Bluestone Peaks, close enough to see the mountains laid with fresh fallen snow. He stared quizzically for a moment before movement caught his attention. Piranha turned, coming almost nose to nose with a hulking berserker male, his head low to be level with the cream and brown mottled wolf before him. Kale Greenleaf, he offered his name and begun on his tales of journey and monsters.

Piranha snorted, half a mind to turn around when the other proposed a question. Was hunting an obligation or passion? The words made him pause. What did he think of hunting? His style was already different from that of his family, possibly even annoying and wasteful. "Passion. Pure and simple. I enjoy feeling what I catch grow still as its life essence warms my throat." he snorted, a grin now peeking over his muzzle. Ah yes, he had never thought to think about it like that. It tickled him so much, or at least enough, that when this strange male asked for his name, he simply stated it. "Piranha." he said and grinned, as if his name alone was extra explanation to his previous answer.

Still, as this other went on about monsters and hunting, he found his frown replacing the hint of amusement he had once dared to show. A beast with a beak and many arms, but no feathers. And he was supposed to just agree to join this little expedition of Kale's and go and find proof? Piranha laughed, shaking his head. "What's in it for me?" he snorted, half a mind to turn right around and go back home, but then he stopped....again.

Home was boring. His family were...annoying at best, deplorable at worst. And he hadn't been sleeping as of late, plagued by dreams and disturbances. Growling, his head fell low and his ears fell back to his head. Why was he considering doing this? Why was the idea even remotely tempting? But again, he found himself asking, what did he have to lose?

Turning back around with a sigh, Piranha fixed the male with his best intimidating stare, though it hardly held a candle to that of a berserker. "Fine, I'll go on this little hunt of yours....see what I can see....but if I find something I take a fancy too....well I'm keeping it." he smirked, his short fluff of a tail now flicking softly for a different reason.  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am

Something had told her to get up and move in the middle of the night. Groggy from being urged to wake she stumbled before getting her feet beneath her to take the trek. Above in the night sky the moon looked beautiful. No time to dwell on the moon tonight, Dark Skies Bloodmoon thought to herself, I must find this source of my disturbance. So she started her journey towards whatever had woken her. The night was cool, but not too cool as she passed through. Spring was upon them and the world was wide awake with life. There were sounds all around her, crickets, owls, night creatures. As she wandered she felt a stronger presence when... There! A dark figure was waiting, seemingly for her to arrive. Dark Skies Bloodmoon came closer and closer and the feeling she had waned. This was what had woken her, this dark male. Fascinating. The way he looked at her made her feel as if he were peering into her soul. A shudder rocked through her and yet she stepped forth as she could tell this one had something to say to her.

He spoke to her and the words resonated within. "It is an act of passion." Dark Skies Bloodmoon responded before the male continued on telling her his story. It was captivating to say the least. The way he described his life made the light brown female think she had walked with this berserker before. How well he plied his words and make her shiver at the tales. There were a few times she even gasped or felt herself holding her breath. Kale Greenleaf was right though, they did live in the shadow of colossal beasts. She felt it in her bones that there were other things out there from the tales. The female wanted to know more but when nothing was forthcoming she listened to his question.

"I accept this quest." Dark Skies Bloodmoon responded in kind. West... She reminded herself as she got pepped up for this quest. No way was she going to sit this one out at all. Though the thought of it being twice as long as the shore had trepidation forming around the want to explore this path she was given. She wondered vaguely how many others felt the same call she did to seek out these beasts. Part of her hoped that she would not be the only dire wolf -- or wolf for that matter -- out there seeking such things. Maybe she could enlist their help on this quest. Even if she was the only wolf taking this quest, she would be able to do it. Dark Skies Bloodmoon knew her strength.

"I'll find you proof." The words leaving Dark Skies Bloodmoon's mouth before she could even stop herself. Nodding to him she turned away and began to look west. Paws taking her there before she had consciously chosen it. No stopping now. Whether or not she did this on her own or with help, Dark Skies was going to get this proof and prove herself worthy. Maybe she could be called a Monster Hunter like Kale Greenleaf. Her first ever task! This was going to be exciting!

[536]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:47 pm
User ImageHe had been restless the last few months, reckless even, he wasn't sure where he belonged anymore. sure he had family who loved him, he had been struggling to find delight in the job he had come to take as a young wolf, he was a hunter sure but is this what the thrill of hunting was really like?, he was restless that night and soon he found himself Far from home; far from the comfort of the redwoods and the pack he knew, there before him he stared at the large male awe struck he had never seen a berserker before. little did he know this would not be his last.

As Kale spoke he listened not daring to speak till he was asked what he thought of hunting "It's an act of passion. my whole life i have wanted nothing more than to be a hunter when i grew up, but now that i am, i don't even know if its truly what I desire anymore." And to Nightingale it was truly an act of passion, it was all he ever wanted to do. His ears flickered and stood tall as He spoke, wide eyed still stuck in his puppy tendency of curiosity, He was always curious even now about the world outside his comfort zone, and he was willing to brake that boundary.he offered his name in return without hesitation " Song of the Nightingale." After hearing the Wolfs story he had a glimmer in his Ruby red eyes, Excitement spiked his fur as his tail began to wag, was this the trill he had been seeking all his life? what harm could come to Nightingale if he where just to find proof. since he was no longer the only wolf to hunt for his pack surely he wouldn't be missed for a quick trip to shore, Nightingale agreed to go on this trip.

He was ecstatic and could hardly await the adventure. " well kale you have found a willing participant with a compelling story like that I'd be a fool to not at least investigate your claims, and to see a monster? well that would be quite different. I've grown tired hunting for food, i need to explore , I want to see what lies beyond the sea." He looked like he would bound out of his fur at any moment with excitement he still had a long way to out grow his pup like demeanor when it came to being serious and maybe this hunt was just what he needed to grow and expand his horizons. "Just tell me where to go and ill find that proof. I wont come back until I do, When do i leave?" he asked as thoughts of a grater hunt than he had been uses to filled his daydreams. His mother and father would surely be crossed with him for running off but he was an adult he needed wanted no he needed this adventure. he would make sure to be safe and send a bird to his parents before leaving.  

-Ghastly Demise-

Married Pumpkin

25,275 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Ashen Snow didn't know what to do with himself. This wasn't exactly a new thing, of course, but he felt his aimlessness more keenly than usual. His yearling ceremony was upon him, and every minute that passed made him all the more anxious. What was he going to do? Just travel a little and come back? Ashen Snow knew that there could be more to it--like bringing in new blood, which his father had--and that worried him. He had wanted to make it a true hero's journey, but there he sat like a coward as he thought about it. As usual.

Ashen Snow resolved to walk to calm himself. The moon rose high and was full enough to shed some light as he did, though he felt twitchy. And for good reason: he wasn't alone in the impromptu patrol of pack borders.

The wolf that he came across was enormous, which was saying something when Ashen Snow himself was no slouch in the size department. His bloodline ran with giants, but this one...This one felt different. The stranger introduced himself as the berserker Kale Greenleaf, the last Monster Hunter in Kells.

Monster Hunter? Even as Ashen Snow quickly rattled off the usual list of curious questions, he found himself immediately at attention. "I'm Ashen Snow, um, sir," he added with a small bow of his head. "Is hunting...? Um. Well, you have to hunt to survive, right? I-I don't..." It was hard to articulate himself, and he struggled a little more. "I don't want to kill for sport. But if there's actual, real monsters out there that could hurt others..."

Could he step up and help? Wasn't this what he had always hoped for himself: to be a true hero?

His thoughts must have been easy to read, for the berserker then gave him directions. Head to the west to find the beast beneath the waves, something impossibly long with a bird's beak but no fur or feathers...It sounded nightmarish already, and Ashen Snow shuddered as he tried to imagine it. Would it be fleshy? Smooth like a fish? He had never been to the ocean but knew of it: that it stretched endlessly beyond Kells and tasted like salt, that you couldn't quench your thirst apparently and yet things still lived in it like fish and stranger things besides. But what did it all mean? If there had always been these "colossal beasts" among them, then did they really mean harm if nobody had been killed?

Or maybe they had, and no-one knew the circumstances. Like going missing and never being found again, or just deciding to live on one's own and never following up...Ashen Snow shivered again more violently.

Still...He had to help. He had to. His heart said so, even as he trembled. That was what courage was supposed to be, right? Acting even in the face of wanting to run away? A true hero couldn't ignore the call to adventure when it was so blatant, nor could he turn away knowing it could endanger others if he didn't act.

Ashen Snow gulped and nodded his head at Kale Greenleaf. It seemed he was going to have to spend tomorrow preparing himself. Hopefully he didn't get too psyched out...

(542)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 pm
User Image

Bloodlust was a young wolf, and it was sad to state that he was honestly already completely bored with life. He'd been traveling around the land looking for something to peak his interest for what felt like forever. Earlier as the sun had climbed into the sky, he'd tried to sleep - it did tend to pass the boredom away quicker - but something had felt off and eventually he'd given it up.

Wandering wherever his paws would take him, he was barely even watching where he was going as he contemplated what limb he was willing to part with just to have SOMETHING happen. It was as the day passed into the twilight of evening when he nearly ran into another berserker. Giving a huff, he’d murmured a sort of apology and had just lifted a paw to turn away when the question the old wolf spoke did the one thing nothing else had - it piqued his interest.

Cocking his head, he sat down realizing he actually had to think about that for a moment. “Well…if one wants to survive, then it’s an obligation. We have to eat to live. However…I’d guess I’d never quite realized how hunting itself has it’s moments of passion as well…”

His voice trailed off as he realized that’s exactly what he’d been looking for. Something to be passionate about. His rumination was interrupted as the old hunter told his story, and for a time he was lost in the vision of it all. Granted, he could ALMOST do without the entire life story bit, but monsters…fighting…victoried and defeats…this wolf had seen it all. He’d DONE it all. He was almost lost into this idea when the simple truth of always living in the shadow of colossal beasts, made him sharply look up into the old one’s eyes. The glint there echoed the spark within his own breast. This was EXACTLY what he’d been looking for.

As the old hunter paused for a moment, Bloodlust wanted to speak, but the time didn’t feel right. It felt like the old one had something more to say, and so he waited patiently for him to continue. As memories of feeling the grass beneath his paws, and the feel of the wind through his fur, as he stalked and hunted prey grew into daydreams of daring adventure, he was visibly startled when the Old One (as this was how he’d come to see him in his mind) spoke once more, inviting him to a hunt. He felt foolish for a mere moment to have been caught so easily off guard, but the invitation was enough to banish that quickly away as he felt adrenaline begin coursing through his veins.

Bowing his head, he stated gravely, “I have been waiting all my life for this moment. I would be glad to help. In fact, it is my honor to do so.” He stood and glanced around to get his bearings (after all, he’d not been watching previously to where he’d been going), and with one last nod, he disappeared on silent paws into the gathering shadows.

For the first true time in his life, he felt alive. There would be no sleep tonight. The hunt had begun.

Lunar Mirage

Invisible Phantom

24,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:47 am
User ImageSnort.

"Hmmm?" Hel blinked her bright eyes open, her own snore awaking her from her slumber. Glancing around, the fluffy hybrid didn't see anything in the area that could have woken her, though something certainly felt a bit off. Hel, like the vast majority of wolfdogs, was always down for a bit of fun and she didn't hesitate to bounce to her paws. Something was drawing her northbound and she bounded off with little a care, eager to see what it was that was calling her.

She wasn't expecting a rather intimidating looking berserker.

Already small by even wolfdog standards, Hel felt absolutely dwarfed by the mountain of a wolf. His appearance made her doubt her decision to see what had been drawing her north, but as he spoke it became clear he wasn't as threatening as he looked. Cocking her head to the side, ears alert, she listened to the question posed to her and hummed in thought.

"Well, I suppose it's a bit of both, isn't it? You need to hunt to survive, but depending on what you're hunting and why would determine if it was an act of passion." Hunting for food was an obligation, but hunting butterflies? Hunting shiny rocks? Definitely acts of passion. Yup. But then the dark berserker began to tell her of a hunt that wasn't for food, wasn't for shiny rocks, and definitely wasn't for butterflies. Oh...

The apprehension in her face must've been plain enough to see. The slight change of subject and the introduction made Hel relax a bit, her fluffy tail wagging with relief. Right, that had been getting a little heavy!

"I'm Hel," she said in return with a grin. Kale Greenleaf, huh? Not a very intimidating name for a berserker...but she wasn't going to tell him that! She valued her life, after all. The stories that came thereafter had the wolfdog enthralled and a few minutes in she plopped her rear end down to sit, listening with rapt attention. Although his stories were a bit dangerous they did sound thrilling and like lots of fun, and Hel was all about lots of fun. His comment about colossal beasts had Hel nodding in agreement, clearly on board with whatever he was selling. A good story always got her amped up and this was certainly no different.

"Wow," she breathed softly as Kale described a massive beast. It sounded terrifying but like the adventure of a lifetime all at once. An adventure without danger was just a walk, right? She did love walks, but she also enjoyed a good adventure!

"I'm in!" Hel said, hopping to her paws, her tail wagging fiercely behind her. "Definitely! I'll bring something back, I promise!"

Now, Hel had always had a very quiet voice in the back of her head that whispered to her about being cautious, about the potential danger of a situation, about things that didn't feel just right. Right now it was asking her why Kale, this grand adventurer himself, wasn't going on this quest. If he had done all those things, hunted all those creatures, what was stopping him from going this time?

But true to form, Hel rarely actually listened to that voice.

WC: 535  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:00 pm

This particular wolf had always rested at odd hours, sleeping at night one passing of the sun, and a few later, travelling by it. He'd never bothered with a steady schedule, but tonight, steady meant nothing. Something had called to him, and he would come. He couldn't explain it; perhaps his universe wished him to bring somepelt a smile at this odd hour, perhaps he was just hungry, or that last vole hadn't agreed with him.

Whatever the case, he was up, and he was moving. Two stretches of biome he did pass, before he found himself among others of his kind. The particularly large one was speaking, and Caramel tuned in to hear his... actually it was more of a monologue than a conversation. 'Is hunting an act of passion or merely an obligation?' he heard ground out, in the larger berserker's gravelly voice. Caramel had to think on that. He enjoyed a good hunt, certainly, but there was only so much one could catch alone. Deer were hard to down without at least one other, plains animals could be hard to pin into corners to catch, but a rabbit was great to get the blood pumping, and mice were tricky to catch; they required extra thought, for not quite as much meat.

The Berserker's name was provided as Kale Greenleaf, and Caramel nodded, smiling his toothy smile right back. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kale." His lips peeled back from his teeth to make his own grin bigger. "I'm 'Creamy Little Caramel Snack', and I hope to make you smile tonight!" He didn't realize, and would never care, how awkward that might make some conversations; it left him entirely unfazed.

Kale didn't seem bothered by the statement, and instead set into a-... well, it almost sounded like a theory of conspiracies in the universe! Fascinating, what a wolf could come up with! His head tilted softly, the moonlight catching on the gold earring almost buried in the fur of one ear. "Collossal beasts, you say?" Well, maybe he wasn't making someone smile, but this was interesting! Why the heck not enjoy himself a monster hunt!?

Caramel panted with excitement as he was provided the suggestion. "West. Go west and find some many-limbed, naked beaked thing that was huge and which noone's seen ever. Got it!" He nodded his head and peeled his flank up off the dirt ground to wag his tail in excitement. Surely finding this strange thing would make this far-eyed brute happier!

And with that thought, he looked up at the sky to find the North Star and promptly turned himself east and started to trot. 'Wait. Didn't you just get done saying you were interested, 'Snack'?' Caramel tilted his head back at the Berserker. He'd heard that nickname before and it didn't bother him; most pelts didn't understand.

Most pelts weren't named by a pupnapping vulture, either, as his loner 'parent' would have said.

"Of course! That's why I'm going West!"

"... You're heading East right now."

"Oh. Hey, thanks! I'd've never got there at that rate!" he turned about and started in the proper direction, surely leaving several behind him that surely thought him the fool. 'Well, if a fool I must be, at least they'll be laughing at me!' The thought, oddly, brought a tune into his vacant, distant mind.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:47 pm
User Image

Journey was never one to question where her feet took her. She found that to question it was to question why rain fell or why the run rose. To fight it was like to push back an ocean. So when she found herself, woken from slumber, she didn't feel disturbed. And when she found herself under the watch of the snowy giants that were the Bluestone peaks, she merely continued on. Because Journey lived her life this way; following where her paws took her like a leaf caught in the wind.

It was simply the way of things.

At the hulking creature’s questioning a shining, toothy smile appeared on her face. Passion and obligation. Not really two separate and discrete categories, no? More like a gentle gradient of color where, somewhere in the middle, one faded into the other. At some point didn’t passion for something become a sort of obligation? Not in that one was forced to pursue it, but in that their soul seemed to have no other option.

She didn’t say anything on the topic, though. After all, the berserker seemed to have enough words for the both of them. If there was any indication that Journey believed the stories Kale spoke of to be merely tales, she didn’t show it. She was conversational with him, happily offering her name as a trade for his if it meant a continuation of his tales. Tales of wonder and adventure.

Just listening to it all got her heart racing.

As Kale spoke, Journey found herself more and more leaning into the tales. Her mind was spinning. Of course there were creatures out there. Stranger occurrences than the discovery of beasts have happened, it seemed, so why not this?

Journey was silent through the moment of quiet in his words, as if letting the stories settle in around her. Her breath was held in her throat. She seemed abuzz with excitement and intrigue.

When he gave her a mission she probably could have burst from the seams with joy. Before he had even finished his statement, Journey’s mind was spinning thinking of the possibilities. What would the creature be like? What sort of evidence could she find? How long, do you think, would it take to get to the sea from here? Maybe if she left now and didn’t stop, she could make good time…

She realized that he was still speaking and snapped back to attention. ’Find proof and return to me.’

A toothy smile had remained plastered onto her face throughout the entirety of their conversation. This didn’t change, now. Her first response to the request was a laugh. Not one of mocking or of derision. It sounded like jollity. Like some amount of glee that couldn’t be contained in her body made an escape through her mouth the moment that she had let it.

“Oh, I’ll find your creature for you. But when I do, promise that you’ll have more stories and more creatures for me when I get back, yeah?”

(WC: 510)

[OOC] Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces