Submit

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Olvar and From Darkness Comes Light have found themselves with a litter of three! Two of the pups have a home but the third one still needs someone to call their own.

Could that be you?

Opens: 3/31/2020
Closes: 4/7/2020 at 8PM MST time. (I'll do my best to be here to close it but please note it ends whether im on to announce it or not!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:26 pm
Meet the Family:

Father: Olvar "the Herbalist".

User Image
Mother: From Darkness Comes Light.

User Image
Sister: ??? Nothing is known yet about her at this time.

User Image
Brother: ??? Nothing is known yet about him at this time. He will become the next Herbalist.

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

This lovely lady is the one you'll be trying for! This will be raffle style, a winner will be RNG'ed and quoted at the end. The pups will be raised by both parents and staying at Olvar's home until adult when they can decide how they wish to live their lives.

To Enter, answer the prompt below and post in this thread:
Your Father has a title born to him and that is The Herbalist. So each of you have been taught his knowledge about plants. What plant sticks out to you the most from one of your many lectures? Provide a sample image and a brief description? Is it poisonous? Is it tasty? Deceptive? Plentiful? Rare?

Code:
[color=green][size=15][b]I like this one! It's:[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Entry:[/b]
[img="400"]photo here[/img]
(brief description here)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:34 pm
List

1. Erina_Nobara
  2. FrostyPeaches
  3. chelseylee__z
  4. belloblossom
  5. Nymphiea
  6. Ruhane Chiisai
  7. medigel
  8. Nikkichomp
  9. Pandora Talie
  10. Krysin
  11. RuIerr
  12. Shia bean
  13. xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 pm
Code:
I like this one! It's:
Entry: Jack o' Lantern Mushroom
User Image
The Jack o Lantern Mushroom. What a strange name! It sounds eerie doesn't it? That's one of the reasons it stands out to me. It's a fungi. Despite pumpkins sometimes being tasty, this mushroom is NOT good to eat! It will make you sick! You have to be careful because it looks very similar to a different type of edible mushroom called a chanterelle. So it's a trickster of a mushroom. But it's neat to look at because it glows in the darkness!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:00 pm
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
User Image

Wrroo! Look! I see Mountain Laurels [Kalmia latifolia] !!
Beautiful beautiful clusters of delicate, fused-petal blossoms!
Sometimes they're white sometimes, sometimes they're pink, and sometimes they're deep rose coloured!
Very deceiving indeed, and toxic too! I ate one before for taste..but..it gave me head pains, upsetted my tummy, and made me soooo drowsy. I couldn't feel my pawpaws either..they went numb..
Papa. Please don't let Mama make same mistake and eat one like me. . .  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:31 pm
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
User Image

One time, Dad took us to where the ground turned from solid to this shifty dirt. He had called it sand. There, he showed us this beautiful yellow flower. It was beautiful and I wanted to pick it to take home. Of course, dad stopped me and told me to take a closer look at this 'prickly pear'. Upon looking, I saw it had needle-like spikes that came out. This ended up being a good life lesson, that no matter how beautiful something looked on the surface, it can always be hiding something sinister and to take caution. But just because something looks bad, does not mean it is always bad. These cacti produce red, yellow, orange or a mixture of all three little fruits, and while we can eat them, they make my belly hurt.

So... I'll just admire this beautiful plant from afar.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 pm
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
I remember this one the best! You know why? Because it attracts really pretty orange butterflies! It's called Milkweed, but it doesn't produce the same sorta milk mama used to, nope, but it does provide food for the little baby butterflies-those are called caterpillars!-when they're first born. See, a butterfly will lay its eggs on this sort of plant and then when they hatch, they'll eat up the plant and grow into big strong butterflies! One day, I'm gonna be a big strong butterfly too! Anyway, this plant reminds me of both of my parents that way, cause my mama used to give us milk and my dad's got an orange butterfly right there on his pelt, see? We're the best butterfly family! Do you think if I wish hard enough I can get wings of my own too?  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 pm

I like this one! It's:
      Entry:
      Oleander! Beautiful, poisonous, and easy to grow, their vibrant color always caught their eye. Sure, they were told numerous times to avoid it until they understood the dangers better, but that never stopped a young pup. Expect lots of heart attacks as they replant oleander near their den.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:09 am
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
Have you SEEN this stuff? It grows in huge patches, and doesn't take long to get that way! This ground-cover plant can get very bushy very quickly, and smells really nice to you and me, but most of the nasty little buggies don't like it. The kitties do, though; the big ones? I got to play with one of their pups once and... well, he started talking about his paws and his eyes got real big, and he was all kinds of like, vibrating and things? It was kinda weird. I tried to eat it and it was a little bitter, but... didn't make my paws super interesting or anything. Must be a cat thing. *shrug*  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
The bat flower, named for its coloring and wing-like bracts (leaves that look like petals) that can grow up to a foot long, is somehow a cousin to the yam family! It also has threadlike bracteoles that hang from the flowers like foot-long whiskers. M-Maybe this isn't an herb so much as a scary plant...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:15 pm
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
Oooh *this* one is my favorite. The flowers are so small and delicate but they smell so lovely! and did you *know* that you can dry the leaves and put them in really really hot water and then oh it tastes just like the flowers smell?! Most flowers are white but they can also be pink AND purple!!! I like the purple ones the best.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:01 am
I like this one! It's:
Entry:

“I remember the biggest flower ever! Daddy calls it the SUNFLOWER; it’s HUGE!” The little pup stretches her body up as high as she can reach. “It’s a tall, skinny, green plant with a yellow flower right on top that’s as big as your head!”

Why is it useful? “Lots of animals eat the seeds and you can even make a goo called a PoUL-TiCE for putting on boo-boos like burns and bites. OH OH! And it's fun too! You can make a yellow dye with it!”  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:28 am
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
Father always had to ward me away from playing with the Lily of the Valley, a plant so simplistically beautiful that I couldn't help but be drawn in. The plant even produces a very attractive red berry that I've been dying to taste. Of course, the fact that it'll induce intense abdominal cramping, vomiting, and rashes has made me question that desire.  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:07 am
I like this one! It's:
Entry:
Mandrakes, the roots and eponymous flowers, belong to the Solanaceae (nightshades) family which contains many (potentially) poisonous plants - including this one! The best part about the Mandrake is that when you microdose it, it can have hallucinogenic effects - how fun! This plant has a ton of other uses - it is a storied, ancient plant - and is even thought to have a mystical, magical composition to it.  
[OOC] Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff