[FIN] When the Kids are Gone... [Rudo/Tendai/Ducky]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A certain blond angel was currently traversing the open plains, a plucked chicken in one hand and a swinging motion in the other, as she walked just ahead of her dearest towards another house. How many years had it been at this point since they'd started getting friendly? She could still remember their oldest playing around with his 'big-sis Hortense' way back when like it was yesterday - it couldn't have been that long, right? Glancing back, she smiled at her love as they grew closer to their destination, "Ya went an' grabbed what I asked of ya, yeah?"

If there was one benefit to growing older, it was that they didn't have to worry so much when they decided to leave the house and, by extension, the kids.

Word on the proverbial street was that Ducky had just sent her youngest to the city for the first time, so that could only mean one thing... mama-date. Or, well, mama-date + her boo. Tendai was totes allowed.

As they made it to their destination, Rudo didn't even bother to knock before swinging open the door and letting herself in. "Ducky sweetheart~ Guess who's here with sum chicken 'n grub?" Her voice was cheery and sing-songy as she called out for her neighbor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When her youngest, Blush, was sent off to the city up by the Northern part of the lands, Ducky thought she was going to get some peace and quiet. Until... she realized that the Rak sisters were left behind and Blush was the only one that knew how to handle them. Her heart went up into her throat at the thought of being left alone with them. And sadly, in the short days since Blush left, it had been pretty quiet until one of them cracked. She didn't know which one, but she would say it was both. One loved to touch just about anyone and tend to get into their space while the other one was anti-touch, and was... well pretty touchy about it, if Ducky remembered.

At first, it was the glass of water on the table before one of the Rak sisters knocked it off. The angel had no clue as to either one of them refuse to admit it. And from that point, things had taken a rather... destructive turn. And that was when Rudo and Tendai had come sauntering into her quaint home seeing her holding a broom, her hair all in a mess and her eyes are bloodshot.

"AHH!" Ducky screamed when the door opened and the couple came, her heart pounding in her chest. Poor thing doesn't know if she can deal with this anymore. She panted, rubbing her face. "Rudo," she mumbled. "Hi. Did we have a thing going on? I must've missed it... Tendai, nice to see you off the porch for once."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tendai was the picture of stoic-ness, barely talks and when he does it is usually in a form of one or two words followed by a grunt. "Yes, woman, I did," he grunted heavily, trudging not far behind his beloved spouse. The older male gave a deep sigh. After a round-about tending to the animals on their property, he left instructions with their live-in children. His only hope is that they do their chores and not leave the house on fire. But he doesn't foresee much getting done with the rambunctious ones.

"Woman, one of these days, some-one is gunna shoot you just for walkin' into their house!" he balked at her 'lady of the manor' manner. "Whoa... lass, you look like you been drug through mud and put away wet!" Tendai said, raising both eyebrows in a rather un-Tendai manner.

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 pm
Depending on her mood, her husband's manner of using 'woman' as a term of endearment could either rub her prickly or be, well, endearing. Today it was neither and she was simply ignoring it.

"AAAAHHHH!" Rudo reflexively screamed back at Ducky's scream as she took a step back and raised her arms up in a defensive posture. As she quieted, she blinked and took a moment to take in the situation. "Oh, no, we ain't got nuthin' planned. Wanted ta suh-prise ya since I 'eard Blush ain't here." She paused again as she returned her arms down. "E'rythan' okay? Ten's right, ya sweatin' harder than a 'eathin' in tha City right now. It's a good thang we're here. Oh yeah, I brought ya a chicken - figured we could fry it up real nice."

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:02 pm
Ducky took a deep sigh of relief, mostly for her own well-being at the moment. She was borderline on going insane with those two cat-like creatures always hanging around her youngest daughter, Blush. With her gone for a few days and not taking them with her, they were driving her crazy. With the stuff breaking and her food storages being reduced down to almost nothing, she was ready to run for the hills and never return. "Oh, Rudo. You're a shining light in the bleak darkness that is my house right now. I feel like a prisoner against their strong wills," she muttered, glancing around nervously.

Tendai pinched his nose. Women... it's always one thing or another to make them go all shrilly like. With his wife just barging into the pink lady's cottage and the pink lady acting all nervous, it was making him rub his face. However, her use of the term, 'THEIR' made him quick to attention. "Pardon? Their?" he asked, his eyes widened, looking around too. "You're not going batty, now are you? Seeing things?"

Ducky stared at Tendai for his accusation. "NO! Definitely not! I am not seeing things. How dare you!" she frowned, waving a broom at Rudo's husband. "It's... it's those cat creatures that are always tagging along with Blush. One day, they just came out of nowhere, scared me quite literally! They're driving me crazy with making my house a mess!'

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 pm
Rudo glanced over to exchange a silent look with her husband before she looked back over at Ducky, the very essence of confusion evident by her facial expression. Thankfully, she was smart enough to not interject into their friend's ramblings - though that did not preclude the concern she was beginning to feel.

Ah... It must be hard, her youngest now out and her left alone once again. How could she have let this happen! Why, Rudo had needed several weeks of girls' evenings to get over it when Thulani had left, and she still had a murder* of kids back at home! If she suddenly found herself alone, why... why she simply wouldn't know what to do! Even imagining cats making a ruckus... the poor thing.

This simply would not do.

Nodding stoically to herself, now fully convinced in her incorrect understanding of the situation at hand, the thing to do was clear. "Hun, how 'bout you pass me tha' room tight thar and I'll get ta cleanin'. 'N you go wash yer face and use sum of that there good wash that m'boy brought ya back from tha City 'nstead of ya homemade stuff, 'n Ten' an' I gun get this place here righ' clean 'n get sum food goin'. 'N then we's gonna eat 'n you're comin' back home with us 'n stayin' the night."

"Now I ain't gunna take no no for an' answer ya hear me when I say this."

Rudo always kept a bottle of wine from that far-off Koehaira hidden in the cabinet for these sort of occasions.

*murder is referencing a 'murder of crows,' the colloquium for a flock of them

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:11 pm
Ducky stared at Rudo for the moment. "I am not crazy!" she exclaimed, looking around. "They're listening. I am definitely not leaving here. They might blow up my house," the female said, blinking rapidly, her eye twitching as she moved to sit, but only ended up on the floor. Then she just started crying, mostly out of exhaustion and just plain sick of the mess her youngest daughter's companions had caused. "I need to sleep for a week!"

Tendai raised both eyebrows. "Maybe it not relaxing you need, girlie. You need help," he muttered, looking around, now slightly spooked. Though when he turned, he jumped at a chair and rolled his eyes. "Me getting out of here.I jumped at chair. I'm done."

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:38 am
Rudo pulled her good friend in for some evidently much-needed physical comforting and gently stroked her head as she began to cry. Ah, yes... How could they have left her alone with an empty house for the first time in over a year. Forget cleaning the house, they needed to get her some R&R immediately. With a stern gaze, she looked over at her husband and gave him as serious a nod as he ever really got from her. "We all gettin' outta here, chores be damned." She gave Ducky two solid pats on the back before grabbing her shoulders and beginning to push her towards her door. "Come now, you ain't stayin in this here place no more, I won't hear of it. Not 'til you come over and have sum food 'n drink 'n sleep."

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:26 pm
Ducky darted her eyes all over the current room that they were in, panicking. When her daughter, Blush, had left a while ago, they went all havoc on her nerves. Even to the point of being obsessive with it, the little one was unnerving though, always consistently staring at her while the big one was... rather just... odd and creepy-like. "I.. I need to go," she whispered. "They're watching."

Tendai looked to his mate, Rudo, with none other than the faintest surprise on his face when she returned his sentiments with a rather serious nod. "Aye, sure. One more person in the house," he muttered."I imagine the wee one got lots to answer to when return. Let us be off. This place is freaking me out. Me hair on back neck is all flustered!"

Daisicle
Wrap-Up?

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:30 pm
"Ain't nobody watchin' you but us 'n the kids sweetie," Rudo returned as she continued to quite assuredly lead her good friend - daresay her best friend - out of her door. Maybe they'd send the twins back here later to check on the place and make sure everything was good and locked up, but for now a quick closing of the door would have to be good enough. She smirked over at her grumbling husband as she took a position between him and Ducky and held onto each of their hands. "Lookit you, gettin' all scared o'er nuthin'. Didn't realized tha man I went an' married was such a scared-chicken. Maybe that's why you so good at handlin' em, ey?"

There it was, one of Rudo's specialties - the backhanded compliment that really was just an insult! Either way, they'd soon return home for some rest and relaxation.

Dream WhiteWitz
And that's all Rudo's got

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:12 pm
Tendai stopped, staring at Rudo. "You take that back, woman," he grated.

Daisicle
END here. XD

Dream WhiteWitz

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas