Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OneWintersNite
Crew

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:37 pm
User Image

wc:263

was a warm and sunny spring afternoon. Adahy had been gardening in the warm sun all morning. He truly loved fresh home grown food. When the air around him grows still all of the sudden. Looking up for the first time, he stopped and listened to the forest. Turning his ears front to back searching the forest for a hint of danger or the cause if the quite. The normal sounds form earlier where all silent now. Not even Furry tail was making his normal chatter. " Ft where are you?" Poking his head up from the hole he had been digging in, Ft looked right at Adahy but didnt say anything. He noticed the unsettling quite too. Adahy motioned for Ft to go back into the hole "Stay there until I am back." Ft nodded his understanding and crawled back into the hole.

Slowly Adahy moved from his home garden in the direction his heart told him to go. A sound in the distance calls "Come to me. This kick starts Adahys spirit sending him into a dead run through the forest. Bracking through the edge of the forest into a wide open clearing, Adahy stands before the massive Grandfather Tree. He had heard about the calling but to experience it was much different. Panting from the run, Adahy stands in aww at the wisdom before him. Taking three or four deep breaths in and out to claim his spirit, Adahy slowly approaches The Grandfather Tree. With a very saramonaly bow, Adahy awaits his quest and says "I am ready Grandfather Tree."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:19 pm
Though no breeze passes through, Grandfather Tree's leaves rustle as Adahy approaches.

Choose one of the following prompts for Adahy's dream vision.

Quote:
You are in the ruins of Erli. Smoke billows out of one of the laboratories. You hear a cry of fear.
What do you do?

Quote:
You are in Blackbriar Bog. Through the murky swamp water you spot something unusual sitting in the silt. The water is dangerous and you don’t know how deep it goes, but you’ve never seen this thing before.
What do you do?

Quote:
Newly revived seeds have been planted in Homewood and started to sprout. A powerful Vivify noul has resurrected a new species that eats the new plants almost exclusively. How do you deal with this conundrum?

ll Flourish ll
Captain

OneWintersNite
Crew

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:18 am
Wc:628

Quote:
Newly revived seeds have been planted in Homewood and started to sprout. A powerful Vivify noul has resurrected a new species that eats the new plants almost exclusively. How do you deal with this conundrum?

Adahy' mind swirls and the world shifts, landing him in the middle of the farm land of the Homewoods. His own garden is out to the left but the fruits and vegetables are flourishing in all there rippend glory. Trying to shaking his head to clear way the fog he looks around confused. "Wasnt I at the Grandfather Tree?" he question him location in his mind. And I know my garden cant be ready yet? Or is it? I thought I just..." His thoughts are intruppes by a commotion to the farm on the right or him. The farmer has beautiful emerald green sprout growing from where Adahy stands he cant make out what the plants are but the really commotion is coming from a panicked Botanic farmer. And the reason is clear as day. A new species is eating all the delicate new sprouts that have bearly seen had a chance to grow.

In a rush, Adahy springs to action. There is one clear directive, he much stop these new creatures from devouring the young sprouts. See the farm having no success in reasoning with this new species, Adahy decides the only way to stop them is to herd them like cattle to an area where they can eat as much as they need until the spouts are grown and able to produce more spouts. Motioning to the farm to help guide them was the easy part. Like well train herds men the lead the creatures from the farm "But where to take them to eat." The idea crosses his mind in a flash, Adahy garden had plenty of fresh food that was ready for eatting and as an extra bonus last fall he had been compelled to build and fence with a large gate. He had seeing it once in a book in the ruins and liked the idea though he never really knew the purpose for it until now.

With one strong nug on the leading species he and the other farmer worked the herd towards his garden. "Thank the Grandfather tree I never close the gates." And with that the all ran straight into his lush ripe garden. As the last of the new species run in through the gate him and other farmer glosed the gate. "Thank you so much I though my new spouts were goners for sure." the farm said will catching his breath from the run. Adahy nods his your welcome will this catching his breath. After a few good deep breaths in and out and watch the new species to make sure they would stay put, Adahy turned his attention back to the farm full of sprouts. "Well we better get started on your farm now. Let's see if we can save the little guys."

The damage the the sprouts was great but they were able to save half of the crop. The other half was devoured but hear and there a sprout was salvage. " Let take the sprouts that need replanting to my green house. That way if those creatures get out will still have some viable sprouts to grow to seed for next season. it was the best Adahy could offer and hoped that both new sprout and new species could grow and live in harmony.

With that the world began to spin again and fall away. Adahy came awake standing in front of the Grandfather Tree again. Confusion fresh in his mind and unsure if the world before him was the real world or if the one he had been in was real. But soon the fog in his mind cleared and memories or earlier came back and he knew he had just completed his quests. It was in the roots of the wise and great Grandfathers Tree now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:46 pm
Grandfather tree's leaves settle and a warm yellow light swirls around Aldwyn, balmy and comforting like a sun-kissed patch of earth.

Aldwyn has been bestowed with the Solar gift.

His initial ability is Infrared.
the user is able to see infrared wavelengths (heat vision) for a short period of time
+10% chance of a successful discovery roll

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ll Flourish ll
Captain

ll Flourish ll generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 53!

ll Flourish ll
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:26 pm
REDEEMED

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
you found some crystals!

[RP] Grandfather Tree [Magic Quests]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff