Welcome to Gaia! ::

☘ Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop ☘

Back to Guilds

Tags: Rabbit, Bunny, Bunnies, Genetics 

Reply [W] Bramblefell Warren
[PRP] King Joxer and Malva Beginnings (FIN)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Einna Firekeeper
Crew

Dapper Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The King sat in his bramble throne, his great bulk taking up all the available space. It was cold out, and he had made sure the rabbits of his warren were staying warm, dry and fed, but he was concerned about this sickness the guards had reported. So far Bramblefell was safe from the spread of this unknown disease but he knew how fast these things could go and had been brainstorming possible countermeasures with his advisers all morning. The young kits were his main concern, though they were growing fast and seemed on the verge of adulthood already. He held a paw to his head and pinched the spot between his ears, hoping to alleviate the headache he could feel brewing behind his eyes from the hours of discussion earlier today. He had dismissed Uzo, Maze, and the other advisers, needing a moment of peace. To calm himself, he pulled the pile of personal treasures he kept beneath his throne into his extravagant lap. Most of his wares were kept in the Treasury, but these were his personal collection and he liked them close. With admiring paws he sorted the pile of sparkling gems, colorful stones, and pristine feathers, running his paws greedily along their surfaces. Someday he would take his favorites and weave them into a commanding staff, so that all could see and admire but never touch.

wc:230  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:28 pm
User ImageMalva was cold. From the tips of long ears all the way to her toes. ... Which were not a very long distance apart. But still, she was cold. Her parents were off doing who knows what. Whatever it was is certainly wasn't ensuring their burrow was warm and welcoming for their litter of kits. In the fall it hadn't been much of a problem. But now? It was cold ALL the time. Rain, shine, it seemed to matter not. The little rabbit was frigid.

Many of Bramblefell's other residents hadn't seemed to welcoming. They certainly tolerated the kits, but that seemed to be about it. Or maybe some of her other siblings were having more luck, but they weren't telling her about it. So, she'd found a way to get warmer.

She'd managed to wedge herself down beside King Joxer's throne. Wise? Perhaps not. Warm? Certainly. All had been well for some time, as Malva had drifted off to sleep while he did whatever it was that King Joxer did. Now, however, she was hungry and stiff. She pondered how to extract herself from this situation. She tried to stretch out a little more to ease the ache in her shoulder, but managed to overbalance herself and began to tumble.

She tumbled heels over ears and landed in a heap near a pile of ... other things? Gems, feathers, bits and bobs. And under the eye of the King himself. She froze. This was not what she had planned.

wc: 248

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

Einna Firekeeper
Crew

Dapper Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Joxer leaned back slightly in surprise as a small bundle tumbled into his neatly organized treasure. He quirked an eyebrow and was about to summon a guard to throw the little trespassing kit out when he noticed the extraordinary long ears and his mouth curved into a grin. One of the strange kits! He knew of them of course. There was nothing that went on in his warren he was unaware of, but he had not had the privilege of seeing one of them up close. How very exquisite!

"Well, well, hello little one." He reached down to right the small thing onto her feet and took special care to brush over one of her long velvety ears. "What exactly brings your lovely and unique self into my chambers?"

wc: 129
total:359

Ellanoire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:09 pm
User Image

Tiny Malva stared up at her leader. As he stroked her ear. "Uh ... Sorry O Great One. It just seemed warm in here, and it didn't seem like I'd be in the way at the time. I uh ... understand my ... transgression." She tried to pick her words very carefully. Very, very carefully. Joxer's reputation was well established and the last thing she wanted was to land on the wrong side of him. Despite her blunder, could she possibly use this encounter to her advantage? It wasn't all that easy to get an audience with him ...

She straightened up, doing her best to seem self assured. "As I'm sure you know, my siblings and I are very loyal to your rule. I just wanted to ... advise you of this fact. In person. It seemed ... appropriate." Did Malva know where her siblings stood on this issue? No. Of course not. Did that matter at this moment? Also no.

wc: 156
twc: 404

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

Einna Firekeeper rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Einna Firekeeper
Crew

Dapper Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:39 pm
Redeemed

The King smiled down at the small bundle and placed his large paw atop her head lightly. "Well aren't you just a wonderful little speaker." His smile turned into a slight grin as he knew for a fact not all those little kits even knew what the word loyalty meant, but he liked this one's pluck. "I greatly appreciate you bringing this important information to my attention." He removed his paw and gently nudged her in the direction of the door. While he was quite enjoying her company, it wouldn't due for kits to be thinking they could just come in here whenever they wished. "I think you best head out now. But before you go, do tell me your name little one, so I may call upon you at another time. I have quite enjoyed our little chat and hope you will come to see me again." He winked at her as he settled his bulk back against the throne. He already knew her name from his spying of course, but he was nothing if not courteous.

wc: 178
total:537

Ellanoire

Ellanoire rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:30 pm
Redeemed
User Image

Malva held very very still as the King placed his huge paw on her head. Had she actually gotten herself out of this mess? A growing sense of pride rose within her. Nothing had gotten Malva out of this scrape except herself. She nodded and slowly headed towards the door as she was gently pushed.

"I'm Malva." She gestured to herself with her paw. "Thank you O Great One for this audience. I uh ... greatly appreciate your time and efforts." She ducked her head politely as she headed back out into the chill. She'd need to find herself somewhere warmer to hole up ... Maybe in one of those treasury areas. They didn't seem like they had too much traffic ... She hopped off to investigate.

wc: 124
twc: 528

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

[W] Bramblefell Warren

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items